Fiamma F40 Van | Fitting And Demo | VW T6.1

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 22 кві 2023
  • In this video, I'm going to show you how to fit the Fiamma F40 Van to a VW Transporter T6.1 and demonstrate how to use it. I used to have the Fiamma F45S fitted but didn't like the way it looked.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 35

• @1ManAndHisVan
    @1ManAndHisVan  Рік тому +1

The road to 1000 subs - ua-cam.com/users/MarkMyWordsTroops

• @Ash522MX
    @Ash522MX 5 місяців тому

I wonder if the boot goes up ok if you have the spoiler fitted

• @markpenniston
    @markpenniston 9 днів тому +1

Was u saying that the front grub screw and nut need to go through the hole in the awning?

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  9 днів тому

Hi Mark, thanks for watching. Yes the that's correct! ⚔

• @danielwoolcock7267
    @danielwoolcock7267 17 днів тому +1

Great video thanks. What's it like with wind noise while driving now you've been using it a while? Undecided whether to purchase or not. I hated the F45s

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  17 днів тому

@@danielwoolcock7267 thanks for watching Daniel. Yeah there’s a bit of noise but nothing that bothers me much. I much prefer it to the F45 S. ⚔️

• @user-iv5pz8wd4x
    @user-iv5pz8wd4x Рік тому +1

Hiya I’m trying to work out if the F40 has a channel in the casing that I can fit a 6mm Kadar strip to for a drive away awning connection?

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  Рік тому

Hi Andrew, I don't believe there is but you may be able to fashion it somehow. If you want a drive away isn't it better to fit a C-channel?

• @drinkbiggleswade8698
    @drinkbiggleswade8698 2 місяці тому +1

Do you think the roof rack would need to be removed to fit? We have fold up roof rack… great vid thanks

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  2 місяці тому +1

Hi there and thanks for watching, I’m glad you found it useful. I believe the roof rack would need removing as the awning brackets use the mounting points and sit in the channel. Hope that helps but if not do let me know and I’m sure we can crack it together.

• @drinkbiggleswade8698
      @drinkbiggleswade8698 2 місяці тому +1

Thanks that’s super helpful 🙏

• @pierreperson2996
    @pierreperson2996 4 місяці тому +1

Do you have the total height of the vehicle with this awning installed ?

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  4 місяці тому

Hi mate, it’s under 2 metres as I can clear the height barriers but I’ve got coilovers fitted so sitting a little lower (30mm drop all round).

• @bettyourcampervan
    @bettyourcampervan Рік тому +1

They dont provide many fixings! 2 grub screws at each end, 1 bolt to secure the black bracket and a bolt to the roof.......i would be a bit concerned about the stability! Great video btw 👍

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  Рік тому +1

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Yes it does seem a bit minimal for securing and, like with the F45S, I’m always a bit nervous when hitting the motorway. I check every now and again puts the mind at rest!
      Glad you enjoyed the video 👍

• @bettyourcampervan
      @bettyourcampervan Рік тому +1

@@1ManAndHisVan i did 👍

• @beaujoire
      @beaujoire 2 місяці тому

Thanks for the video? I'm looking to equip my 2013 utility T5 with an awning but I'm hesitating between Thule and Fiama. The idea of ​​drilling the bodywork or putting Sika doesn't appeal to me... In hindsight you would do trust Fiama again? Et bonne route 👍🇬🇧🇫🇷

• @mr_coombes
    @mr_coombes Рік тому +1

Hey there! Could you tell me the length of this awning please mate?

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  Рік тому

Hi Malcom. It’s the 270 version and my van is SWB. Hope that helps! ⚔️

• @mr_coombes
      @mr_coombes Рік тому +1

@@1ManAndHisVan perfect! Thanks mate!

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  Рік тому

@@mr_coombes welcome buddy 👍

• @marinejunkies9625
    @marinejunkies9625 Місяць тому +1

Do you recommend this over the 45s?

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  Місяць тому

100%. Looks better, easier to install/take down and the rain doesn’t come through the gap as much. ⚔️

• @keremarkun1
    @keremarkun1 11 місяців тому +1

hello, after installing this awning, how many cm does it stay above the vehicle, please let me know.

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  11 місяців тому

Hi there, thanks for watching my video. I think you mean how high is it on top of the vehicle? In this case it is around 70-80mm. Hope that helps but if you want more info please let me know and I’ll try to help you. ⚔️

• @keremarkun1

70-80 mm whit brackets?

• @1ManAndHisVan

@@keremarkun1 let’s say from the top of the roof to the top of the awning, it’s around 70mm. Unfortunately I’m not at my van until Monday otherwise I’d measure it for you. I can do that on Monday and reply here. ⚔️

• @keremarkun1

@@1ManAndHisVan Thank you very much for the information.I would appreciate it if you could measureand write Monday🙏

• @1ManAndHisVan

@@keremarkun1 I will do. Please also follow my Insta account kabin_kurtain where you can DM me and I can send you some pictures of the awning and the measurements. 👍⚔️

• @AndrewBarnsley-ou9cx
    @AndrewBarnsley-ou9cx 3 місяці тому +1

Why do you keep saying troops every five minutes 😅

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  3 місяці тому +1

Force of habit mate, ex-Army 😂⚔️

• @AndrewBarnsley-ou9cx
      @AndrewBarnsley-ou9cx 3 місяці тому +1

All good .

• @irenemonaghan7954
      @irenemonaghan7954 Місяць тому +1

Looking at getting the F40 over the F45s purely for the more streamlined effect I've a T5 any regrets changing to a F40 cheers ....and is there any noise or rattle from it while driving

• @1ManAndHisVan
      @1ManAndHisVan  Місяць тому +1

@@irenemonaghan7954 Hi Irene, thanks for watching. Defo no regrets of switching from the F45S to F40. As for rattling, I've not noticed anything. ⚔