Upgrading the RAM on a Lenovo Legion T5

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 3 січ 2023
  • In today's video, we will be upgrading the RAM on a Lenovo Legion T5 with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G and the AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT 4GB GDDR6.
    Out of the box, this thing came with a no-name 8GB DDR-4-3200MHz stick of RAM. Today, we will be updating that RAM to a Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200MHz stick of RAM.
    If you liked this video, please be sure to subscribe to the channel and hit the like button!
    I will be making more content on tech, gaming, and everything else weekly.
  • Наука та технологія

КОМЕНТАРІ • 69

• @mustachebunny8913
    @mustachebunny8913 10 місяців тому +2

Thank you!

• @HomieLx
    @HomieLx Рік тому +2

I just installed my ram , it’s showing up on my Pc but whenever I log into FiveM it’s not showing my mb space

• @1loser2
    @1loser2 Рік тому +1

Cool!

• @ecatte
    @ecatte Рік тому +1

nice video, has anyone told you before that you looked like Matt Dajer from yes theory?

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому

😂😂😂 yes I have heard this

• @hohsis5544
    @hohsis5544 7 місяців тому +3

Can i add 4 ram sticks at the same time or will it not work past 2 ?

• @sjdrcross851
      @sjdrcross851 4 місяці тому +2

As long as the 4 ram sticks are the same, if they're not the ram will be dragged down to the slowest stick. Which will still work but the benefit isn't as good.

• @vitalijusmejeris1737
    @vitalijusmejeris1737 Рік тому +4

hi all, ijust add 16 gm hyperx/fury 3200 of ram in my pc ,but if i check its running on 2400Mhz any ideas how i can fix that? thereis no option in bios.Thanks

• @manux5306
      @manux5306 Рік тому +1

This motherboard only uses DDR4 only, might as well if you check you bought the correct one.

• @apotato5563
      @apotato5563 Рік тому

Ddr3/5 won't fit in a ddr4 slot

• @apotato5563
      @apotato5563 Рік тому

You may have a 2400mt kit or it's fake ram.
      Other wise you are just unlucky with your mobo because hyperx fury should be running at it's jedec profile of 3200mt

• @Shyrsick
      @Shyrsick Рік тому

Use Ryzen Master brothe

• @DIYDadOfficial
      @DIYDadOfficial Рік тому

You have to go in your bios and update the speed.

• @ragnorockcookie2868
    @ragnorockcookie2868 4 місяці тому +1

oh god i got motion sickness from the car ride ooof

• @FlyingFox86
    @FlyingFox86 Рік тому +3

Where did you find the information on which DIMM slot you were supposed to use. I've been pouring over every manual of my Legion T5 I could find and can't find any information on this.

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому +1

Honestly trial and error. Tried both and tested both

• @Exilium31
      @Exilium31 Рік тому

I think it should be marked on the motherboard or there is like a little text that shows u which slots to use

• @apotato5563
      @apotato5563 Рік тому

Usually it's the furthest away slot's from the cpu for both channels so slot a2/b2 or 2/4 (depending on mobo brand). In the linus tech tips motherboard turbo nerd edition they tell you why it works that way

• @Alsbtw
      @Alsbtw 10 місяців тому

Is I possible to use xmp in the legion bios

• @yungdon4162
    @yungdon4162 Рік тому +3

Any updates since the ram upgrade

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому +2

Working on a new video about that!

• @DeNbEiRe84
    @DeNbEiRe84 Рік тому +7

I just installed 2x 16GB RAM Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200 MHz in my Lenovo Legion T5 26AMR5 instead of the stock 2x 8GB RAM DDR4 3200 MHz. Although the stock ran at 3200 MHz, the BIOS shows the new set running at 2400 MHz. In the BIOS I see no option to get them running at full speed and no XMP option. Thoughts anyone?

• @kad6563
      @kad6563 11 місяців тому +3

I'm having the same problem with the ram from the video. so I m also asking any ideas

• @joeyvoong2542
      @joeyvoong2542 11 місяців тому +1

Hi, I try also to install 2x 16GB RAM but seems like my second rams slots is not working, do you do anything special to make it works?

• @davidgreen3423
      @davidgreen3423 11 місяців тому +2

You need to update your firmare

• @mrdenpes1309
      @mrdenpes1309 7 місяців тому +3

The problem is that that ram probably runs at 3200Mhz 1.35volt, and the lenovo T5 can only handle 1.2 volts. That is why it runs at 2400Mhz 1.2 volts for you. There are crucial memory ( for example model number CP2K16G4DFRA32A )sticks that can do 3200Mhz at 1.2volts, with a little bit more latency. This is one of the disadvantages when you buy prebuild.

• @Toxic-xf6gn
    @Toxic-xf6gn Рік тому +1

hey just wondering after you installed the ram did you need to go to bios or anthing like that, or did it just turn on like nothing ever happened

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому

Hey, so it did power itself kinda like nothing ever happened. I’m planning on making a follow up to this soon with a couple updates.

• @Reverseflash54
    @Reverseflash54 Рік тому +1

legion motherboard does not have xmp or docp.which speed does it work?

• @gingeek4776
      @gingeek4776 Рік тому +3

they added it in the latest bios update I can use Xmp now

• @Reverseflash54
      @Reverseflash54 Рік тому

@@gingeek4776 bullshit.I have lenovo legion t5.I updated the bios for latest version.There is no xmp option.

• @gingeek4776
      @gingeek4776 Рік тому

@@Reverseflash54 idk about you but mine has it I didn't have it before and now I have it after the latest bios update I m using Gear 1 now my Bios version is O54KT23A

• @mrs3lfd3structx57
      @mrs3lfd3structx57 Рік тому +2

@@gingeek4776 Windows 10 I’m guessing? I have windows 11 and system scan says my version (2021) is up to date. trying to figure out how to enable xmp so I can run my ram at 3200 instead of 2400

• @Shyrsick
      @Shyrsick Рік тому +1

​@@gingeek4776 really? I cannot use xmp

• @Shyrsick
    @Shyrsick Рік тому +1

These ram only run at 2133mhz speed since you cannot change them in the Lenovo bios....

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому

Do you know of any known ways to work around that? Still learning as I go!

• @apotato5563
      @apotato5563 Рік тому

@@JerrysTalks no there are no work arounds corsair lpx only runs at 2133/2400.
      Kingston fury beast is supposed to work at 3200mt.
      The reason corsair lpx only runs at 2400mt is the jedec profile. Most motherboards use xmp but lenovo doesn't allow xmp so you'll need to use the jedec profile's and corsair only has a 2400mt jedec profile. Kingston fury beast uses a 3200mt profile so it should work. But sometimes motherboards are just terrible even with jedec

• @Shyrsick
      @Shyrsick Рік тому

@@apotato5563 I tried Kingston fury beast that are supposed to auto overclock to 2666 and does 3200mhz but no, they only do 2400mhz on Lenovo motherboard. Seems to be very difficult finding ram that run over 2400mhz just plug and play... Everything seems to rely on xmp to overclock it otherwise you're stuck with 2133 or 2400. I've heard of overclocking the ram with the program Ryzen Master, but haven't looked into it... If anyone finds a solution let us know!

• @apotato5563
      @apotato5563 Рік тому

@@Shyrsick that's really weird. my legion has 2×16gb hyperx fury sticks and they run at 3200mt. And hyperx fury and fury beast are the same sticks even using the same pcb and chips. Maybe it's a voltage limit

• @Shyrsick
      @Shyrsick Рік тому

@@apotato5563 no clue what the problem is. There was an option in the advanced bios settings to manually put the ram on 3200mhz on my Lenovo ram, but once the new ram was put in the option disappeared.

• @reptile324
    @reptile324 Рік тому +1

do more things ab this pc

• @akazaxx9941
    @akazaxx9941 Рік тому +3

Hey I have this pc but I want to play vrchat with the best experience like everything smooth Is it possible if I can upgrade my pc if so
    Can you recommend me what parts to buy to upgrade it pls …I’m trying to look everywhere for help 😢❤

• @apotato5563
      @apotato5563 Рік тому +2

If you wan't to upgrade your ram I would recommend Kinston Fury Beast. Kingston Fury Beast supports JEDEC which is a requirement for lenovo pc's to have their ram run at the normal 3200mhz. Or you can buy them from crucial but they don't have heat spreaders

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому

I really need to up my game here this is like another language to me

• @pinkman6093
    @pinkman6093 Рік тому +1

I got the same thing and my pc won’t boot up any help?

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому

Are you in DIMM slots 2 and 4? Or 1 & 3?

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому

I wanna also make note that you have to push down firmly until you hear a clicking sound when putting them in.

• @pinkman6093
      @pinkman6093 Рік тому

@@JerrysTalks yessir

• @kingstone9463
    @kingstone9463 Рік тому +6

Bro your fps

• @JerrysTalks
      @JerrysTalks  Рік тому +4

I know it’s abysmal here. Turns out my cameras SD card was broken and caused an FPS discrepancy

• @kingstone9463
      @kingstone9463 Рік тому +3

Don't feel bad man