This Might be the Best Value Full Suspension Mountain Bike Ever! | A Look at the Polygon Siskiu T6

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 5 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 74

• @AdrenalineIsLife
    @AdrenalineIsLife  7 місяців тому +2

What do you think? Is is it a game changer for the entry level market?
    More info on the Siskiu T6 check out the link here:
    USA: bikesonline-usa.sjv.io/5gPD9j
    Australia: bikesonline-australia.pxf.io/m53kkZ

• @vincentapodaca2930
      @vincentapodaca2930 6 місяців тому +1

Just ordered mine through your link!

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  6 місяців тому +1

@vincentapodaca2930 Thank you! 🙏 It's a lot of bike for the money. Enjoy!

• @RICARDOGARCIA-wr9hx
    @RICARDOGARCIA-wr9hx 4 місяці тому +5

Just ordered this bike can't wait to get it

• @davidperry7266
    @davidperry7266 7 місяців тому +5

Polygon have really upped their game when it comes to the colours they are painting their bikes. That one looks especially nice.

• @AdrenalineIsLife

Much improved. Some of their color schemes can be obnoxious.

• @_drawkward_
    @_drawkward_ 7 місяців тому +9

Pre-taped rims on a value bike?
    That is an unexpected touch. Well done, Polygon.

• @johnchamberlain303
    @johnchamberlain303 6 місяців тому +4

Excellent review. Really glad I found your channel. Moving from a Trek Marlin 6 w/upgraded Recon Silver RL. Ergon seat and grips, PNW bar and stem to an anxiously awaited Siskiu D7. More of a downcountry guy here.

• @LuisRDC
    @LuisRDC 5 місяців тому +4

graeat review, i have the polygon t8 2023 and i could get almost the same experience riding this lower specs version, except for the 42 thoot pinion that is too small for me on steep hills.

• @oliverroberts8736
    @oliverroberts8736 7 місяців тому +3

Great review mate. All questions answered. Love it!

• @theshedMTB
    @theshedMTB 7 місяців тому +3

Really good video as usual! I actually like rockshox recon Fork. I had looked at this bike a while ago. The only thing that worries me a little bit about this series of polygon is how short to chain stay is it’s got to add some instability going downhill.

• @stefaniedayfox8117
    @stefaniedayfox8117 5 місяців тому +2

For a moment there, when you mentioned you’d be trying something new, a funny voice in my head thought “no way is he going to drop it out of an airplane!” 😂

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  5 місяців тому

Hahaha. 😄 Maybe... if I get Mr. Beast big

• @RotormanMTB
    @RotormanMTB 7 місяців тому +4

Its a great value bike, that's for sure. Nicely put together. I've had experence with the Recon and agree with you - its a workhorse you can progress with. I didn't service it until I I put on 3000km on it (yes I know, too long). WTB Volt is a great saddle. The only thing you'll need to upgrade is perhaps find a good 2nd hand 11-51 Deore set (or new before they are no longer available) to get the climbs done, and the tyres. Else... its a ready made Trail Bike good to go.

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  7 місяців тому

I was impressed. For the money, it's a fantastic value.

• @david029014
      @david029014 6 місяців тому

Why did you say before 11-51 deore are no longer available??

• @RotormanMTB
      @RotormanMTB 6 місяців тому

@@david029014 I said secondhand.. not new. I'm well aware it's replaced with CUES

• @guambra2001
    @guambra2001 7 місяців тому +2

Nice review, I like the T6. Depending on trail, I’d honestly go for the N7 because that will take care of absolutely ANY trail out there.

• @andrewh7868
    @andrewh7868 6 місяців тому +2

lol, happy to see the heart rate spiking. I'm glad it's not just me.

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  6 місяців тому

I think it was the elevation. 4000ft doesn't seem like much, but I definitely felt it. I was fine riding riding at lower elevation in the Phoenix area a few days later.

• @andrewh7868
      @andrewh7868 6 місяців тому +1

@@AdrenalineIsLife I live at about 5,000 feet, but I tried riding at ~10,000, just about collapsed. But the upside is I feel like Superman at sea level.

• @alshal3638
    @alshal3638 7 місяців тому +3

Nice review. Beautiful scenery.

• @MTBTrailSherpa
    @MTBTrailSherpa 7 місяців тому +2

WAIT!!! You DROPPED the HAMMER!!!! Awesome. Great review. Do you think it would hold up for the type of riding I mash on a bike? I like how you talk to yourself during the ride. 42t may be a little small for my liking... Dang, those are some WIDE rims.. Whoa, you had some heart rate going. That's a heavy bike. Did you look into the bottom bracket cinch wheel as being too tight? The one on my bike was overtightened and caused some "binding" that made the bike feel sluggish. Well done video sir. Quality information and well presented there. Looks like some cool riding was done.

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  7 місяців тому +1

Haha. Thanks! So much to upack. 😀 No, that wasn't me dropping the hammer, That was Jared Morgan from Cure Cycling. We did some filming last year in Bentonville. I think it would hold up just fine to your abuse. It's the same frame as the higher end Siskiu Ts. We'll see over time how it holds up. There are plenty of heavy parts on the bike, and I think I can get this bike down to 33lbs on the cheap. Maybe less. As far as the cranks, they spin freely. They're Shimano Hollowtech cranks. They preload differently, and it's hard to over tighten them without breaking the preload screw. It's definitely the tires making it sluggish. You can hear them dragging the bike to a stop when coasting. Lighter or fast rolling tires will wake up the bike a lot.

• @Biking_with_Akiva
    @Biking_with_Akiva 7 місяців тому +2

Sick adventure looking forward to the next one 💯🤙🏾

• @ezoez7548
    @ezoez7548 6 місяців тому +2

I wouldve say this was better than my hardtail. But i got mine for about the price of this full sus. It got shimano xt, and a rockshox 35 gold. I got those parts transferred from my old 6 broke. This is fire cause base specs the full sus is better. The steel fork gonna build that confidence cause aint nothing breaking that lol

• @BaldKiwi117
    @BaldKiwi117 26 днів тому +1

I'm getting a Superior xf 919 tr for a sale price of 1599. It looks like a really good value on paper but I haven't seen many reviews of it. I hope it turns out well

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  26 днів тому +1

@BaldKiwi117 Good frame and solid value, and it'll be pretty lightweight considering the cost.

• @snop6176
    @snop6176 6 місяців тому +2

How is this bike so cheap? Crazy, so cool how we can get this at such a good price. I had the T-7 then sold it and thought I was done mountain biking. Terrible idea, because I still wanna ride so badly lol I think I will pick this up, then upgrade that front fork to a fox float, upgrade drive chain to an eagle 12 speed, then the rear shock. All of that will be done over time though.

• @AdrenalineIsLife

It's a great deal, and the frame is the same as the T7, 8 and 9. You can't go wrong.

• @snop6176
      @snop6176 6 місяців тому +1

Exactly, the frame alone on any other brand would be twice as much as the whole bike lol@@AdrenalineIsLife

• @OskarKudla
    @OskarKudla 4 місяці тому +1

I looked at Polygons and was about to buy one, but ended up with Marin 27.5 Rift Zone 2 Large that I got on sale for $1300.

• @vitoonto
    @vitoonto 7 місяців тому +1

I really want this to do a frame swap with my upgraded charcoal T8

• @gfxman14
    @gfxman14 7 місяців тому +2

SOLID REVIEW

• @RadioReprised
    @RadioReprised 6 місяців тому +3

3000 miles and only broke three spoke nipples so far....polygon are legit for all but really hard-core riders.

• @AdrenalineIsLife

They're solid bikes, but are you sure they're not for really hardcore riders? 😀
      ua-cam.com/video/cbqvm1nvJD4/v-deo.htmlsi=6SWc_LSP95ev49CH

• @keosoutdooradventures
    @keosoutdooradventures 7 місяців тому +1

I had the T7, decent bike to start on. if mine didn't have other issues i would still have it

• @Tmacademia
      @Tmacademia 7 місяців тому

What kind of issues did you have? I'm considering buying the T8 next year so I would be curious

• @txmale5070
    @txmale5070 6 місяців тому

According to website fusion is the fork on this base model

• @Jazz-u5l
    @Jazz-u5l 26 днів тому +1

Is the Marin Hawk Hill 3 a good bike?

• @rudeoff
    @rudeoff 6 місяців тому

Whatever you filmed this on has the sharpness turned up way too high, I'd fix it or get something better like an Action 4

• @wlbingo
    @wlbingo 7 місяців тому +1

Would you recommend this bike over a Giant Stance 29 2?

• @AdrenalineIsLife

Yes. The Stance has a quick release dropput instead of a thru axle. That's a non-starter for me on a full suspension. Also, the Stance has dated geometry that's closer to a modern cross country bike. If you're looking for an all round trail/all mountain bike, it's the T6 hands down.

• @Jackapacka77
    @Jackapacka77 7 місяців тому +3

First one here

• @dougbrett9218
    @dougbrett9218 7 місяців тому

Good bike for the price but I'm in a few mtb face book groups and a lot of people say they crack easy

• @AdrenalineIsLife

I've seen that. Every brand has these issues. Treks for example have been known to split at the headtube. Canyon and Specialized at the seatstay. Nevertheless, I asked about it. There was an update to beef up the affected area on the T frames. I was also told that the problem was less than one 1% of the bikes sold. But, the unhappy customer is always the loudest and understandably so.

• @dougbrett9218
      @dougbrett9218 7 місяців тому

@AdrenalineIsLife I don't know much about the company but I know trek are good at warranties speicalized are terrible but I don't know about this brand..I still would buy one for that kind of money

• @AdrenalineIsLife

@dougbrett9218 From what I've seen, people have been able to get things replaced under warranty. I have 4 different Polygons in the garage at the moment, and so far, I've had no issues.

• @txmale5070

Bikes online

• @CJGrand1
    @CJGrand1 7 місяців тому +8

The weight obsession is laughable with bikes. Go to the gym if your bike is too heavy.

• @AdrenalineIsLife
      @AdrenalineIsLife  7 місяців тому +4

Depends on your purpose. You could go to the gym and have a light bike and be faster than another person that goes to the gym and has a heavier bike. If you just ride for fun which is what this bike is for, it's not important and the weight helps build fitness.

• @CJGrand1
      @CJGrand1 7 місяців тому +2

@AdrenalineIsLife I agree with what you said. My point is EVERY UA-cam mtb creator has to mention the weight of the part or that part. If weight is a priority, you would not be looking at an entry or mid level bike. It's becoming redundant how weight of parts is mentioned in almost every review.

• @AdrenalineIsLife

@@CJGrand1 Because weight is important to a lot of people. Even people looking on the low end.

• @proverbalizer
      @proverbalizer 5 місяців тому +1

​@@CJGrand1you don't have to be rich to care about the weight of your bike. Its actually possible to care about both price and weight

• @txmale5070

T7 had rockshox and t8 has fox

• @txmale5070

x fusion fork kills it for me

• @AdrenalineIsLife

The fork is Rockshox. You talking about the shock?

• @jesterguinanao5929
    @jesterguinanao5929 7 місяців тому

This is expensive at all

• @XCRiders
    @XCRiders 7 місяців тому +1

$1600 Hardtail
    would be much better choice!!!
    Over this springer forked 37 pounder

• @AdrenalineIsLife

For the record, it's an air fork. I love hardtails but not everyone wants a hardtail. 🤷‍♂️

• @BaldKiwi117
      @BaldKiwi117 26 днів тому

Did you even watch the video? If you're going to critique the bike at least get the facts straight 🤦

• @LaurentiusTriarius
    @LaurentiusTriarius 7 місяців тому

This bike is everywhere on UA-cam, the T series I meant, so much so a buddy got a T7 and I finally tried it.
    Well it's okay. It still felt a bit flimsy for my taste, my XC bike feels more sturdy and I really hated the lack of traction from the rear when pushing backwards felt unintuitive maybe it's just the shock but it felt 😢like the rear triangle is the culprit: weird rear.
    With how things are going in the used market I'd rather get a used bike if a hardtail is not in the plans... It's a great value on paper but if you tasted other well executed modern full sus this is a bit of a letdown. Just my fresh two cent lol

• @BaldKiwi117
      @BaldKiwi117 26 днів тому

Doesn't seem to let the vast majority of people down.