Narrative Research 1: My ThinkPad T430

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 чер 2024
  • #thinkpad #narrativeresearch
    Today, I talk about the laptop I use every single day, and has written every script for every video on my channel.
  • Розваги

КОМЕНТАРІ • 33

• @devsirat
    @devsirat 26 днів тому +6

You just convinced me to get my old rusty t430 out and install arch on it.

• @temetka
    @temetka 24 дні тому +3

I got my T470 up and running Arch on it this week. I was running Mint XFCE for the longest time, but am really, really enjoying Arch. I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your video. I found your voice to be calming and I really loved your fox character! Take care.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  23 дні тому +1

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed the video! I’m also glad you are enjoying your ThinkPad setup!

• @HowToMineC
    @HowToMineC 4 дні тому +1

I use a T430s with Arch(btw) , have had a great experience!

• @cittycat7481
    @cittycat7481 26 днів тому +4

I have the same wallpaper 😄
    and also a small pile of old laptops, including a Thinkpad, all with a different Linux distro installed on them

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  26 днів тому +1

Nice! It’s fun to throw Linux on old laptops. There’s just something charming about them.

• @mrkdosmil2879
    @mrkdosmil2879 12 днів тому +1

These are the last Thinkpads that you can replace the keyboards with the OG ones. I replaced the one on my x230 with a T510 I think. 😊

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  12 днів тому

I think you’re right. I’ve thought about doing the swap to a 7-row, but I’m still undecided.

• @skybloxstars
    @skybloxstars 15 днів тому +2

Thanks ! But i can't find a Thinkpad T430 in my country. So i use now a Thinkpad X240 with Archlinux

• @KadalCj
    @KadalCj 21 день тому +2

I just got my T480 quite cheap for broken wifi slot. I bought it because of my Legion 5 is such a pain in the a$$ to carry with.
    There's certain app that I can't run on Linux, so I do Hackintosh instead.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  21 день тому +1

A Hackintosh ThinkPad is definitely interesting. I've been tempted to try it, but I have very little familiarity with macOS, so I don't think I personally have need for it.

• @KadalCj
      @KadalCj 21 день тому +1

@@KlulessKitsune It was, and macOS my only option. I mainly use it to code, and my experience with Windows was not great.
      I've tried Hackintosh like 6 year ago with my previous MSI laptop. It quite time consuming to do config, like Arch (If I do WM).
      Nice video btw, subs.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  21 день тому +1

Thank you! I would think it’s probably more difficult than Arch, as Hackintosh is a modification of an otherwise very locked down system whereas Arch has always been an OS installed after purchasing the PC. Idk for sure, I’ve never done Hackintosh, but that would be my initial guess. I think Arch’s reputation as being really difficult is an artifact of the past. I know it used to be really hard, but today, the only issue a user is likely to run into is something of their own fault. (Like how I once accidentally deleted my mirrorlist, and in trying to copy from the backup mirrorlist, accidentally wiped that too lol)

• @RetosSpace
    @RetosSpace 20 днів тому +1

Cool video man, i own and use on a daily basis the following Thinkpads....T500, T520, T420, T430, X1 Carbon and x201, all running various Linux distro's. The odd man out is my way old LG C500 also running Linux

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  20 днів тому

That’s a nice collection. I’ve only really used older ThinkPads, so how’s the X1 Carbon? They seem interesting, but I haven’t had a chance to see and try one in person yet.

• @R4dm1n
    @R4dm1n 20 днів тому +1

how the hell did you manage to have the same wallpaper that i have right now

• @rohmadabdulmaseh6845
    @rohmadabdulmaseh6845 25 днів тому +1

i am hoping Win 11 and Thinkpad T430, but turned out to Arch Linux. Linux will run on anything, so yeah... no news here

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  25 днів тому +1

Yeah, modern Windows is just so… fat. It’s full of tons of stuff that feels so unnecessary, and I’m not even someone who cares too much about bloat. But, even with KDE Plasma and a bunch of other stuff, it’s still leaner than an out of the box installation of windows 11.

• @UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg
    @UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg 21 день тому +1

what idle temp u get? with this cpu ?

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  21 день тому

It idles between 32-36C. Granted, the current thermal paste isn't great, and I'm planning on getting better paste soon for all of my systems.

@UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg 18 днів тому +1

@@KlulessKitsune are u using dgpu heatsink ? that ideal temp

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  18 днів тому

Actually, I use the normal heatsink. I didn’t feel like replacing it, plus the difference between the two isn’t worth buying the dgpu version imo.

@UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg 15 днів тому

@@KlulessKitsune are u increase fan speed? i have same laptop, but my idle doesnt ideal 47-48

• @ellescer
    @ellescer 27 днів тому +1

Where can I get that wallpaper

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  26 днів тому +1

I just found it again by looking up “miku 39 wallpaper”. There’s a site called “backiee” that has a high res version.

• @anttilinno3660
    @anttilinno3660 25 днів тому +1

Try btop instead of htop.

@UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg 21 день тому

p

p

p