How To Tone Brassy Blonde Hair - DEMO with Wella T18 + T11

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 14 лип 2015
  • [Demo at 3:20] - Watch in HD!
    NEW VIDEO OF TONING MY BLONDE: bit.ly/1Pyo5EJ
    My instagram: @somegirljess
    How I tone my medium-light blonde (highlighted) hair at home.
    Products used:
    Wella Permanent Liquid Hair Toner (t18) - rstyle.me/~aFbYt
    t11 - rstyle.me/~aFbYD
    20 Vol Developer
    DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional - I'm just too lazy, busy and cheap to go to the salon every four-six weeks.
    Condition the hell outta your hair afterwards - these toners work wonders but are kinda drying (as you can tell from my 'after' photos).
    Elle Bangs - / ellebangs
    Music (my bf's band): • BaconFlink - Take Me T...
    Business Inquiries: somegirljessbusiness@gmail.com
  • Навчання та стиль

КОМЕНТАРІ • 374

• @kissajade652
    @kissajade652 8 років тому +195

Just a tip to save time.. No need, Especially if doing an all over application, to take all this time to brush on. Simply mix all then put into a squirt bottle... Saturate hair evenly, doing ends last . No need to do all the sectioning and brush application, unless only doing lower half, upper half etc., when using any all over color or toner.
    I have done this many times and can say this is all a waste of time and actually not getting even coverage /time on hair (some hair is processing longer).
    This mixture does work better for those not wanting an extremely white/ash look. Also T18 with very damaged and porous ends can leave a purple hue to your hair so I recommend this mixture as well as either applying coconut oil or a clear filler (from Sallys) on any badly damaged ends prior to toning or coloring to prevent too much absorption of the purple base.
    Good luck!
    Peace and One Love y'all ❤

• @cattygirl04
      @cattygirl04 8 років тому +8

Kissa jade, your input on using the clear filler was helpful. I have looked all over for *filler* videos and what they do, also toner and volume of developer to achieve a shade you want. What I use to correct my hair that came out too blonde is a filler and toner then I use use the 10 developer so the color in the toner will actually work not only to remover brass, orange out but make it a bit darker as well.

• @sugabells
      @sugabells 6 років тому +1

Can I use ordinary developer with the t18? It's not that easy to find the wella brand developer over where I live

• @amandacliatt9595
      @amandacliatt9595 6 років тому +1

cutie patootie Yes, you can use any brand as long as it's a cream developer.

• @johnniepatrick4447
      @johnniepatrick4447 6 років тому

Kissa Jade o

• @jasminahotic1603
      @jasminahotic1603 5 років тому +4

You do the ends first because they take longer to take the color the roots take it faster because of the heat coming from your scalp

• @isabellabezer9138
    @isabellabezer9138 7 років тому +195

skip to 3.23

• @blondgirl101
    @blondgirl101 7 років тому +1

I'm not sure what everyone in the comments is complaining about! I can definitely see the change in the undertones and I love it! This is exactly what I'm doing to my hair. I actually ordered the stuff from Sally's not too long ago, I'm just waiting for it to come so I'm watching more youtube reviews of the products I chose in the mean time lol. It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

• @omegleisamazingxxx3
    @omegleisamazingxxx3 7 років тому +15

Yesterday, I stumbled upon your channel in DESPERATE need of some help for my gross brassy blonde hair! I saw this video, and today was able to go to Sally's purchase the correct toner, developer etc., and was able to confidently tone my hair and it has turned out BEAUTIFULLY.
    Thank you SOOOO much for your wonderful teaching skills! I did not have to time to go to the salon and get it done, but your video gave me the knowledge and confidence to do it myself!!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

• @ashleyalessio2111
    @ashleyalessio2111 7 років тому +2

if i could like this a million times i would ive been wanting to get my blonde back to that color for so long thank you so much for posting this

• @delilahfleharty8393
    @delilahfleharty8393 7 років тому

When he came in, your look was classic! Don't know how many times I replayed that. Great video and thanks for the info.

• @lisaborsella5412
    @lisaborsella5412 5 років тому +1

I love ALL your videos! You are so funny, and helpful and honest! And you cracked me up too, with the face you made when you told someone he could come in..LOL! That is how I feel myself some days, and I couldn't have expressed it better! Priceless! TY

• @saramarie3185
    @saramarie3185 7 років тому +2

thank you for taking the time to share your experience and tips!!!

• @dreaaa818
    @dreaaa818 4 роки тому +2

I’m waiting for both Toners to arrive this week 😍🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• @ElenaOutThere
    @ElenaOutThere 4 роки тому

Fantastic walk through! Most easy and comprehensive of all of th hem out there👍
    Thank you very much ❤

• @MissFabulousFaith
    @MissFabulousFaith 8 років тому +4

I'm loving the music!!!

• @anniemohammad966
    @anniemohammad966 7 років тому +11

For some reason, i love ur hair shade before it was toned

• @yassil4347
    @yassil4347 8 років тому +7

Thank you so much for this tutorial --I watched it as I did my own hair. You made it look so simple and your hair came out great (also looked awesome before)! Thanks, gorgeous!!:) I so appreciate it!!:)

• @rhondasantos573
    @rhondasantos573 6 років тому +1

I agree, the color before hand is what I would love to be,again, instead of the orange I have now. But at least I know what not to do . And for that I am grateful for her video. Very sweet girl.

• @allisonbarnes1599
    @allisonbarnes1599 8 років тому

Love this!! Thank you! You make it look so simple! You're gorgeous btw!!!

• @xXblondambitionXx
    @xXblondambitionXx 8 років тому +81

I laughed so much when someone enters the room while you're doing the video (and you kept that part) that I just decided to subscribe immediatly. haha

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  8 років тому +1

Hahaha yessss I love this comment! Thanks darlin! :)

• @mazerlazer_
      @mazerlazer_ 7 років тому

I subscribed because of that too lol

• @katherinea.williams3044
      @katherinea.williams3044 5 років тому

somegirljess Hear, Hear! I just feel like it’s wasting my time. And I don’t want to waste my time...I’m sure others will concur ✨✌🏼

• @MK-os5wl
    @MK-os5wl 8 років тому +6

I like the color you have in the beginning! Love Ellebangs!

• @HRHDMKYT
    @HRHDMKYT 4 роки тому +4

I've been watching your videos in reverse order, this one is the oldest. I actually like the colour yours began with before you tone, but my hair colour is so yellow and light, I have to use toner on mine. I was going to go with the Wella T14 + 20-volume developer because I don't want to go too silver/purple, but the worker at Mountain Beauty & Esthetics recommended 10-volume developer with the T18 (she said the 10-volume is less harsh, and the T14 might reduce the brightness of the blonde and make it appear kind of "muddy"). So... I'm going with T18 + 10-volume toner. I'll update my comment after I try it. Since the toner is pretty cheap (less than CDN$7/bottle), I can always change it up in a couple of weeks, because as you said in a different video, even though the box says "permanent" colour, toner is not exactly permanent. I watch Sylvia on "Ellebangs" videos too, she's a great video poster too (and a hairdresser, so she covers a lot of hair-related topics).
    Thanks Jess, for video'ing and posting. Very helpful! ~Diana from Hamilton (ON)

• @j2theill
    @j2theill 6 років тому

Girl your hair looks great. I didn't see any brass before. Beautiful golden blonde.

• @juicylucy6488
    @juicylucy6488 4 роки тому

The health of your hair looks great babe :)

• @torigoeringer
    @torigoeringer 6 років тому

Your skin is incredible

• @alicecranel3574
    @alicecranel3574 7 років тому

This is so so informational thank you so much!!

• @angelaharris1112
    @angelaharris1112 3 роки тому

Looks awesome!

• @mjaylith5232
    @mjaylith5232 6 років тому

thanks, simple, easy to understand and no "chit chat"-this is great. ..sometimes ellebangs gets on my nerves.

• @desssybee
    @desssybee 5 років тому

Great video I was wondering will any brand of developer work with this product

• @alicjab3206
    @alicjab3206 5 років тому +5

WELL I'm confused now. I was sure that T11 and T18 will remove that brassiness from my hair so I was just about to get it from Sally's but after this video I don't know what to do. I love the colour you had before. I don't really want to end up with the colour you got after! Maybe I should use more of T11 toner? like 1/2 of the bottle?

• @fluffybunny7840
    @fluffybunny7840 5 років тому

Great informative video! Thanks for posting

• @rmbest797
    @rmbest797 8 років тому +3

SAVED MY LIFE and my sanity. Thanks so so so much!

• @tess2626
    @tess2626 7 років тому

Nice tutorial! Thanks!

• @jennbrandon5484
    @jennbrandon5484 8 років тому

i used elle bangs suggestion and love it

• @Itsmeyourdad666
    @Itsmeyourdad666 4 роки тому +2

My blonde hair got SO yellow from deployment because of the well water. I started using toner and it’s starting to look better than before deployment

• @nicolesmacon
    @nicolesmacon 8 років тому +254

Have to say I liked it before you toned it😘 but God work

• @devonhart35
      @devonhart35 6 років тому

Nicole Macon I

• @katherinea.williams3044
      @katherinea.williams3044 5 років тому

Nicole Macon Me too

• @PrettyJones02
      @PrettyJones02 5 років тому +1

I was just saying that to myself

• @saschaspring2198
      @saschaspring2198 5 років тому +2

Me too! Way prettier prior...

• @Donna-cc1kt
      @Donna-cc1kt 4 роки тому +1

Nicole Macon I agree but since I can’t see her skin tone well enough I think she knows which is more flattering. She mentioned it’s not that off but wanted to freshen which makes me think it’s not matching her undertones, like perhaps casting shadows with gives the under eye a darker appearance. I’m pale with pink undertones. Yellow hair of any sort is sooo not good. I have to stay in cooler blondes.

• @sheila7909
    @sheila7909 7 років тому

I love the Wella t11 x

• @ashleyguzman2003
    @ashleyguzman2003 7 років тому

i watch a lot of your hair videos and they are lovely. How would you fix hair that has been bleached unevenly?

• @julianasalas618
    @julianasalas618 5 років тому

This really helped me :) thank you

• @bugsbunnybunny3052
    @bugsbunnybunny3052 8 років тому

Thankyou somergirl jess..i actually think most of it it washed out..i never know if you wash and condition aftewards or condition..any thoughts.my hair is a suoer buzzcut now pixie not bleached but the blondest 1000 hairdressers you can get i love the blonde but find after a couple of washes the brassy comes back so wella t14 was great next time t18. Thanks for your imput love your colour very pretty...great page.

• @yeseniamartinez587
    @yeseniamartinez587 4 роки тому

Your videos are awesome, thanks bunches

• @nobion1
    @nobion1 6 років тому

I have a similar color hair to you (before you toned) though am thinking of just using 10 Vol Developer to save some damage. Do you think that would work? THanks!

• @cspaulding54
    @cspaulding54 7 років тому

I've got a little bit of t-11 left .. I'm gonna use the rest to tone my hair I just used a box color this time .. because I knew if I did my foils I wouldn't have enough toner.. what bleach would you recommend that doesn't start drying out the second you put it on your hair.. I bought an entire tub of the salon care quick white. & it starts drying out as soon as you put it on the hair & when it does that it stops processing..

• @Sarahstratford
    @Sarahstratford 6 років тому +6

It looked better before love! Great video though thanks for sharing

• @mercibeau
    @mercibeau 4 роки тому

my hair is a tadddd bit darker than your hair at the beginning of the vid (mixed w the thumbnail) i used t18 and 20 developer and it’s still a bit brassy and not as ashy as i want it. im trying to avoid bleaching it again so i think im gonna try this mixture sometime later on this week

• @belmarezevelyn1
    @belmarezevelyn1 7 років тому +1

Your'e so dang beautiful! I think every hair color looks great on you.

• @kissajade652
    @kissajade652 8 років тому +16

Had to add that ElleBangs ROCKS. She is def the go to source for making our blonde locks gorgeous. She's a professional and knows how to explain everything just right, very informative and knows her Hair, no doubt 😉. I def recommend checking out her YT channel!
    💜

• @nadiamccall4311
      @nadiamccall4311 8 років тому

+Kissa Jade thank you I will - seriously she didn't even START to show how to apply until almost over halfway! Very few on here should be allowed to say demo in a title and then use the whole time to discuss their own hair, their lives, etc....people are too narcissistic it seems, to actually teach. I looked for TWO HOURS before finding anyone who actually said anything worth listening to! My hair would have been destroyed had I waited until finding help....

• @savannahsilbernagel
    @savannahsilbernagel 5 років тому +1

since ash blonde absorbs light, it looks like the lighting in a room. She was taking the pics in her bathroom, so her lighting was warm toned. When she goes outside or is in front of more cool toned light, the hair color will really show up! hate that people were hating on u

• @mjkay8660
    @mjkay8660 5 років тому

today I got shea butter curling mousse...omg!!! it is gr8!!! it is in the section for African American, better than any paul Mitchel stuff...

• @LisaMarie-gx5ku
    @LisaMarie-gx5ku 7 років тому +19

I wash my hair in shimmering lights shampoo when it gets brassy. Works great for me 👍

• @alyyj1925
      @alyyj1925 7 років тому

Lisa Marie I've just brought that. So many people are raving about it, made me buy it

• @Star-dj1kw
      @Star-dj1kw 3 роки тому

Fanola ‘no yellow’ is way better!!

• @ozzyoz5210
    @ozzyoz5210 5 років тому

I colored my hair with light ash blonde all over color with dark roots and my roots were all the way down to the nape of my neck and this is the color of my hair now without a toner. I have T18 will It get the slightly brass tones out ?

• @PrettyJones02
    @PrettyJones02 5 років тому +2

Anyone lightening or toning hair and doesn’t want warmth at all you can actually use an unread which takes out red tones. Remember the more familiar you are with the color wheel the easier it is to achieve the desired color. Some toners although ash have a different base and will affect the outcome. Some have green, blue or violet and maybe even a mix. Think about what colors you want to cancel or just have less of but darker hair naturally has every one of these colors on the color wheel. The only people who don’t have this problem are born blonde. Their only difficulty is adding warmth if they wish to the blonde they have.

• @amandaecruz
    @amandaecruz 7 років тому

can you do a review on wella t14 toner?

• @everydayreality.2068
    @everydayreality.2068 Рік тому

Your hair before doing anything today looks gorgeous.😍 Sometimes, we think cool looks best on us, but I truly think what you're wearing right now is a gorgeous color for your skin tone. Like sun kissed but not orange. 🥰Keep that color and enhance it if you want. As a Cosmo, I think you look better in the color you started with today. TRUST me, girlfriend. I do love that you're down to try anything. ✌️✌️✌️

• @annaj151
    @annaj151 6 років тому

liked the before one

• @candy5742
    @candy5742 7 років тому

The box say put on dry hair and did you use this with hair dye?

• @MsLori1973
    @MsLori1973 Рік тому

T18 is a blue-based for orange hence the ash bit a t11 will remove yellow. It's a warm gold tone I do half n half when I still have a bit of orange. Uses it does work for yellow but you'll go pretty white hence the t11. I also use 10v with this usually I use a 20v of I need a bit of a lift to get that orange gone but your right if any damage I'd stuck to a ten. Shampoo washes work too n coconut oil night before you do any bleaching. Faster bleach n protects hair. But blue shampoo is also good for oranges n purple for yellow. Bit thsi is a blue base that's why they have the stripe at the bottom shows blue stripe. N t11 shoes golden stripe. I love love how your hair turned out. It's the color I love the most n I forgot I did. I will sometimes ho back in later n do a t11 n t14 or t11 n t28 Is so nice too. But today we are going back to your color cuz I just look so beautiful with thsi color n 10 urs younger lol great vid good job u look smoking girl.

• @destinywilliams5763
    @destinywilliams5763 4 роки тому

What can I use to get ashy grey toner out of my hair? My highlights look grey and I don’t like it

• @tamaraviso777
    @tamaraviso777 6 років тому

Hi my hair is brassy now on the root only since i bought box color at the store, even it said blonde but when i wash my hair it turned out kinda brass. Is this work with my brassy hair? My hair is more brass color than your hair.

• @Cat-wt4dh
    @Cat-wt4dh 7 років тому +2

I recently have gone ash platinum blonde, so I'm kinda new to this. Wella T18 is a PERMANENT toner that works like hair dye? Because I use shimmering lights, but I don't think it is permanent or strong enough. Thanks for the video!

• @beabladee
      @beabladee 7 років тому

Cat Pasture no i use the toner and it lasts me about a month. i wash my hair every 3 days it's temporary but it's way better than orange brass!

• @saritaylor3648
    @saritaylor3648 Рік тому

If you watch Elle bangs she does half of each color. Good job

• @br1zzl395
    @br1zzl395 6 років тому

can you buy hair toner at walmart? if not, where else? will private salons sell toner?

• @mikeandmom8797
    @mikeandmom8797 5 років тому

I liked it before you toned it. I think when toning, don't you do roots first, then just pull through ends the last 3 minutes?

• @trae74
    @trae74 7 місяців тому

I know that this is old but it turned out so pretty

• @jillian2414
    @jillian2414 6 років тому

Thank you dear :)

• @jandoe2342
    @jandoe2342 7 років тому +1

have you ever tried using a bottle applicator with the liquid colors...much easier application on yourself...

• @sgmalcolm
    @sgmalcolm 7 років тому

Is toner applied to slightly damp hair?

• @pandalover660
    @pandalover660 5 років тому

Does the wella toner dry or damage ?

• @LilMissShelbyLee
    @LilMissShelbyLee 7 років тому

What are you doing using 20vol with the toner?! Only use 10vol

• @archey656
    @archey656 5 років тому

What in the world... You are gorgeousssss

• @Chawnsey1234
    @Chawnsey1234 8 років тому

Awesome! Can you leave it in for 20-25 minutes with just walla t18 if you want it like white hair? And do you go to your roots??

• @autumnif
      @autumnif 8 років тому

I've just used the Wella t18 and it made my hair silver! It's really nice but it kinda made my hair feel real brittle?? I left it on for 25 mins

• @austinlynn88
    @austinlynn88 6 років тому

What should I do to go from brown back to very light blonde? Help

• @louiseward783
    @louiseward783 7 років тому

Hey Jess, how would I achieve the blonde colour you had to begin with? its so nice!

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  7 років тому

Thanks! But I couldn't say for sure because I was going to a salon at this time.

• @pamelamansfield7336
    @pamelamansfield7336 6 років тому

I love your gray unusual eyes

• @iloveparsley3497
    @iloveparsley3497 8 років тому

ahahahahah omg i fucking laughed so much!! when he enter to the room and your face!! love your naturally way

• @Donna-cc1kt
    @Donna-cc1kt 4 роки тому

I don’t see this addressed in the videos I’ve watched so far. What happens to the natural brown (for example) hair ? Wouldn’t the 20 peroxide turn that red thus giving the same problem right back - brass? Do I avoid the brown areas? I want to mix both Wella toners, the ash and the blonde. Anyone? Anyone? I have light blonde with a yellow cast and brown natural hair at the roots and underneath.

• @emilylucero2180
    @emilylucero2180 6 років тому

WOW YOU'RE HELLA PRETTY..UR EYES R SO PRETTY....AND U'R HAIR CAME OUT NICE..

• @shatha1alsilmi190
    @shatha1alsilmi190 7 років тому

it's difficult to tone orange color do u just use dark blonde i was wondering

• @yomamma5898
    @yomamma5898 7 років тому +2

Also diy toner shampoo if for some reason you can't make to your beautysupply store to purchase toner. use food coloring blue for Orange tones. purple for yellow tones. mix with any White shampoo and wash hair as usual. Godbless.

• @cspaulding54
      @cspaulding54 7 років тому

Yo Mamma I was wondering about that myself.. it makes sense when you think about it.. I also thought about the red/gold corrector drops mixed in shampoo cause that's what there for there purple drops you mix with bleach or your hair color to keep out the brassy orange tones .. I may try that

• @xeladc
      @xeladc 7 років тому

No it works, you just have to be careful. IMO it's better to put the blue or purple in a white conditioner and leave on for 30 mins to an hour but check your hair.

• @shannonhalenda4866
    @shannonhalenda4866 4 роки тому

thank you

• @gaybodypillow
    @gaybodypillow 5 років тому +1

Can I use 30 developer? 0; someone please reply

• @ozzyoz5210
    @ozzyoz5210 5 років тому

I prefer the color you began with.

• @alenhalilovic6511
    @alenhalilovic6511 8 років тому +2

She's so cute and I enjoyed watching this video !

• @teatime4264
    @teatime4264 Рік тому

Did you shampoo hair before toning ? Or just wet it ?

• @Muffy703
    @Muffy703 6 років тому +1

I toned with T-11 and my hair is too warm. Can I tone all over again the very next day with a violet based toner?

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  6 років тому +2

keep in mind that putting a toner on top won't take away the toner underneath. you'll probably get a slightly less cool version of what you want, but it will still be cooler than it is now. also be careful that you don't damage your hair!

• @MissSmurfey
    @MissSmurfey 2 роки тому

Did this toner and developer lighten your routes?

• @asmaao908
    @asmaao908 7 років тому

hey I bleached my hair since long time if I put toner now will make it white or should I bleach it again

• @somegirljesskent

you have to lift (bleach) your hair to a light yellow in order to tone. toner doesn't lift much, so hair always has to be lifted first.

• @jesicabocanegra4419
    @jesicabocanegra4419 6 років тому

Do you ever use toner with 10 or 5 vol developer? I've noticed most people use 20 but I wonder if a lower volume will do the job with less damage. Have you ever tried it?

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  6 років тому

i have! i find it works but doesnt turn out as bright

• @heather4410
    @heather4410 6 років тому

I have really thick hair.When using 2 boxes of the wella toner,do I have to do double the developer? Since it is a 1:2 ratio per ounce? Thanks so much for your help!

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  6 років тому

you alwats need double the developer. so if you use 2 oz of toner, you need 4 oz of developer. if you use 4 oz of toner, you need 8 oz of developer

• @heather4410
      @heather4410 6 років тому

somegirljess thank you so much!!!:) Your videos are super helpful!😊💙✌

• @KeishaCapers1279
    @KeishaCapers1279 8 років тому

Cool tip, tfs

• @scherrydelatorre36
    @scherrydelatorre36 8 років тому

How long does it last?

• @Phyllyps-Levine
    @Phyllyps-Levine 3 роки тому

It looked peach colored when you were finished? Was that your goal?

• @Torimarie278
    @Torimarie278 4 роки тому

I have purple shampoo and conditioner. Will that work? What if I just wet hair and keep the conditioner in the length part for longer than 5 minutes. ? Agh fck I’m jus going to do it

• @Ktstylexoxo
    @Ktstylexoxo 7 років тому

Should I use 10 or 20v developer w the T18? I've heard that the 20v developer can still give you the brassiness...just confused... (fyi i'm brunette (w reddish tones) and blonde/orange highlights). Your advice would be helpful thanks!!

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  7 років тому +2

don't use 20 vol if you have dark hair because it will lift it. you can try 10 volume but generally t18 only works on yellow hair, and might not do anything for your orangey pieces. orange hair needs a darker toner, so if t18 doesnt work, try using a demi permanent colour with 10 vol developer in a level 8 shade

• @Ktstylexoxo
      @Ktstylexoxo 7 років тому

somegirljess could you recommend other toners from wella that would help the brunette brassiness?

• @patriciahussey383
    @patriciahussey383 7 років тому

ladies ladies let's be nice. she did a nice job

• @moonbeeps
    @moonbeeps 8 років тому

Hi! I don't know if you still read the comments on this video, but I used also a product of Wella, i used WELLA KP KOLESTON PERFECT 0/88 and mixed it with WELLA WELLOXON PERFECT 20 VOL 6% 60 ML, i did 2 of the revealer and 1 of the toner. I got liek a dark blonde and i left it on for 3 min cause I saw my hair was getting like reallyyy dark, when i took it off, it was greeny dark, like it really darkend my hair, it was horrible! You know what it could've been? Thanks in advance!

• @kendrawrceo
      @kendrawrceo 7 років тому

moonbeeps a tad late but maybe you are still wondering. Ash tones can either be made with purple or blue/green tones, as those are the colors that will cancel out oranges and yellows. you just have to make sure that your toner has the correct one. personally I always stick with something that blatantly says violet on it, because I'd rather have accidental purple for a few days than deathly green. hope that helps in your future hair colorings!

• @moonbeeps
      @moonbeeps 7 років тому +1

kendrawrceo
      yes totally, i prefer violet than green haha, also I died dark blonde over the green, and surprise, it was still green-ish

• @Tara-ig4qb
    @Tara-ig4qb 6 років тому

Mine didn’t turn purple when I mixed them

• @alyyj1925
    @alyyj1925 7 років тому

If I use 30/ 40 del. will it make my more yellow bits lighter and my white bits whiter? Or will it snap my hair?

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  7 років тому +1

hi! no, do not use 30 or 40 vol developer with toner. it won't do what you want. if you want to have lighter hair, you must first lighten and THEN tone. lighting = bleaching. bleach is of course damaging as well, but it will give you the lightness result that you want. for a more even result, only apply bleach to the darker yellow parts to make them catch up to your whiter bits. good luck! :)

• @alyyj1925
      @alyyj1925 7 років тому

Thx I differently won't now.

• @leilah1016
    @leilah1016 7 років тому

i bleached the bottom half of my hair in january but it's still not as light as i wanted it, can i use this to lighten/ make it more blonde? if that makes sense haha

• @somegirljesskent

hi! no, toner will not lighten it. you will have to bleach the bottom again first

• @kaiikai2010
    @kaiikai2010 7 років тому

what would t11 and t14 be like? i used t28 with t11 and it made it a dirty blonde color i do like it but was courious to know if youve tried it. i might be doing that at the end of the month when i touchup my roots pls let me know if youve tried t11 Nd t14 combo thanks

• @somegirljesskent

keilah imai no I haven't tried it. I think t14 would overpower t11 though. I can see how it would work better with t28 because t28 isn't as light as t11. So I think if you try it, use mostly t11 (like 3/4) and like 1/4 of t14. Unless you want a more greyish look.

• @coolpossumpossum9923
    @coolpossumpossum9923 5 років тому

I’m trying to tone my hair. I need someone to explain to me the directions on the Wella cream developer. It says 1 part Wella color charm with 2 parts Wella color charm cream developer. What does “part” stand for??

• @YourNewStepMom0014
      @YourNewStepMom0014 5 років тому

Its the measurement that you use. I believe each toner bottle is an ounce. So 1 ounce of toner mixed with 2 ounces of developer.

• @justicebenwell
    @justicebenwell 7 років тому

what's on your lips in the beginning?

• @steff162
    @steff162 8 років тому +1

do you apply the toner on wet hair? or damp hair? i'm confused. help :(

• @somegirljesskent
      @somegirljesskent  8 років тому

Damp hair! :)

• @juliannehoey8888
      @juliannehoey8888 4 роки тому

Wash hair Shampoo hair only don’t use conditioner and towel dry until damp 😊

• @brooklynglasscock4503
    @brooklynglasscock4503 3 роки тому

T18 is platinum blonde for me it too ligh of a blonde, I want to tone it again and I got T11