ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Game Testing in a Legacy Dell Workstation (Precision T5810)

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 20 лип 2021
  • In this video we'll unbox an ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Graphics Card. We'll also show you some tips on how to install this card in to a Precision T5810 Workstation. At the end of the video we'll run through 5 popular game titles to show you how well the card performs in the Precision T5810 Workstation.
    Precision T5810 Hardware Upgrade Guide:
    www.greenpcgamers.com/mfg/del...
    T5810 Custom Perforated Side Panel Video:
    • Custom Computer Side P...
    Check out our favorite tech products:
    www.amazon.com/shop/greenpcga...
  • Наука та технологія

КОМЕНТАРІ • 21

• @tomb3782
    @tomb3782 2 роки тому +2

Dude, as always, awesome content!

• @DD-ow4or
    @DD-ow4or 2 роки тому

hello i own a T5810 and i wanna know if i can fit a RX 6600 with 8 pin PCIE and if so what power cable sould i go for it to deliver 8 pin power to it from my 8 pin socket in the PSU ive searched all the markets and found an 8 pin type-B to 6+2 pin type A will it work? as a connection and power delivery as my PSU is the 685W one thanks.

• @ww4102
    @ww4102 2 місяці тому

Hi, will rx 6600 work with t3500? I just ordered 6600 but I'm scared about possible problems with legacy bios

• @fearthesmurfs
    @fearthesmurfs Рік тому +1

Any reason why on your website under recommended graphics cards you only have nvida cards and no lower/mid range amd cards? Would love to see how a 5500xt or 6600 would perform and which power supply they would require.

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  Рік тому

We huge NVIDIA fans. That being said we have tested the 5500XT and 6600, plus many other ATI GPU's in HP/Dell/IBM workstations and most work fine.

• @monkiedeinhau557
    @monkiedeinhau557 Рік тому +1

I have a Dell T5810 with 685W PSU. Since the two six pins adapter comes from the Power Supply Extended Card, can I directly buy an 8pin to two 8pin adapter that directly plug from the Power Supply Extended Card to power my ASROCK CHALLENGER 5700 XT?

• @jed.i.knight
      @jed.i.knight 5 місяців тому

Did you ever find the answers to this?

• @Turrican60
    @Turrican60 2 роки тому +1

Very informative as always, thank you. Just one question: I own a T5810 fitted with a Radeon RX580 at the moment (I'll upgrade once prices drop here in the UK), but I'd like to add one, maybe two, internal fans as things can get a bit warm. With no spare fan sockets on the mobo, any suggestions? I don't want to mod the case panel with perforated sheet unless there's no other option.

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  2 роки тому

Thank you for the kind words. The ASUS RX 6700 XT that we used in this video stayed surprisingly cool. (You can see the temps during the game testing). The only way to avoid the custom side panel mod is to mod your stock side panel, or run the system w/o a side panel on. The custom perforated side panel also helps with radiating excess heat if needed. Thanks for commenting.

• @Turrican60
      @Turrican60 2 роки тому

@@GreenPCGamerscom Thanks very much for your swift reply...it's greatly appreciated. Cheers, lads...and keep up the good work. 👍

• @PaulLemars01
    @PaulLemars01 2 роки тому +6

I'm surprised you only ran dual channel memory with the dual SIMS If you had run four sticks the Xeon would have switched to quad channel memory thereby effectively doubling the speed of the memory over dual channel(or am I missing something). Cool series of tests though.

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  2 роки тому +2

Great point! We just set up the test bed again with 4 x 8GB Modules installed. Unfortunately, the FPS results were virtually identical to the 2 x 8GB modules. Although, there are likely other applications that would take better advantage of the optimized memory configuration. Thanks for commenting!

• @PaulLemars01
      @PaulLemars01 2 роки тому

@@GreenPCGamerscom Yeah, I always wonder about that. I'm running 4x8GB 1866 DDR3 in my old Z420. CPU is an E5-1650V2 overclocked to 4.1GHz and the GPU is an EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 which I think is about as far as this older machine can go. It still plays all the current AAA titles well enough for me. Control, No Mans Sky, Destiny2D and MSFS (42FPS) run perfectly well on a 1440 monitor. In about 3 years I'll replace the whole thing but for now it suits my needs perfectly. BTW My solution to the case heat problem (the GTX1080TI can get a bit toasty) was to redesign the front bezel and 3D print a new one along with 3D printed internal ducting and additional fans. It looks totally corporate, you'd never tell that it's been heavily modded unless you really knew what a Z420 looked like

• @techkenX
    @techkenX 2 роки тому +1

you should make more content more often

• @jskyg68
    @jskyg68 Рік тому +1

I just bought one with an e5 1620 v3 and 16 gigs of ram for $160 (off ebay), then picked up an e5 1650 v3 for $15, I plan to a put a RX 590 in it and use it for a 4k media pc.
    I'll chime back in when I have it set up. I have a spare rx 5700 I can use but I don't think it's necessary , we'll see.

• @a1m598
      @a1m598 Рік тому +1

You got a great deal! I use almost the same setup but with an RX 6600.

• @jskyg68
      @jskyg68 Рік тому

@@a1m598 I found out the 1650 v3 isn't compatible (at least with the latest bios) but it really doesn't matter this is a big step up from the old core 2 quad setup i was using.
      Do you game on yours?

• @The_Vukovic
      @The_Vukovic Місяць тому

@@jskyg68not compatible how? I am about to make my own with a Radeon 6600 and I wanna know if there’s any issues before I make the purchase, thanks

• @jskyg68
      @jskyg68 Місяць тому

@@The_Vukovic I think the bios needs updating, from everything I read it should work but some of the cpu's need specific bios's to work. I'd get it these are really good.

• @jskyg68
      @jskyg68 Місяць тому

@@The_Vukovic The power supply only has 2 6 pin connectors.
      I bought 2, 6 pin to 8 pin adapters for my graphics card (rx590) the power supply is 900 watts so you can run any card you want.