Nice timing for an used Dell T5820?

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 15 кві 2024
  • I found a good deal for a T5820 on an online flea market. This model is still on sale and is one of the costy desktop models by Dell. Even though it's 4 year-old specs, let's see if it's worth the money.
    0:00 Unbox
    0:17 Exterior
    2:17 Internal & clean up
    7:16 Things I like
    9:01 Things I don't like
    11:39 GPU choice
    13:52 Performance
    16:07 Outro
    Where did I buy it from:
    jp.mercari.com/item/m61337236964
    Benchmark result:
    www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun...
  • Навчання та стиль

КОМЕНТАРІ • 172

• @DragonProtector
    @DragonProtector Рік тому +54

First mistake using user benchmark

• @WeirdSkeleton
      @WeirdSkeleton Рік тому

What would you recommend?

• @DragonProtector
      @DragonProtector Рік тому +9

@@WeirdSkeleton Game benchmarks or 3d mark time spy

• @geometrikselfelsefesi
      @geometrikselfelsefesi 10 місяців тому +3

3dmark is 1000 times better than this

• @DragonProtector
      @DragonProtector 10 місяців тому +1

@@geometrikselfelsefesi yup

• @KiraSlith
      @KiraSlith 7 місяців тому +1

Passmark tends to be the go-to for enterprise hardware benchmarks when it comes to the CPU side. Plus the Mega Page makes exploring component options way easier.

• @dirtyjeff9668
    @dirtyjeff9668 Рік тому +5

The soundtrack to the video is very pleasant. Well done!

• @chariot6443
    @chariot6443 Рік тому +16

Nice and relaxing video! I've always found these chunky Dell workstations so interesting, such versatile machines!

• @insertnamehere4419
      @insertnamehere4419 Рік тому +2

If by versatile you mean pieces of shyte I mean sure.

• @jamartin005
      @jamartin005 10 місяців тому

@@insertnamehere4419 you're obviously clueless. Far from a pos

• @3-body-problem
      @3-body-problem 3 місяці тому +1

My 5820 tower has been an absolute workhorse since 2018 and still going strong). I will never buy anything else.

• @markwiehenstroer2831
    @markwiehenstroer2831 10 місяців тому +1

Excellent breakdown and overview video of this workstation model with pros and cons included. Kudos to the thoroughness of your cleaning and refurbishing of this unit.

• @jamesmorrall
    @jamesmorrall Рік тому +15

Thank you so much for introducing me to these machines, affordable bargains with great upgrade options. Very affordable 3d workstations with the addition of a decent graphics card. You’ve won a subscriber!

• @SwaggySolidarity
    @SwaggySolidarity Рік тому +25

Gorgeous build! OEM servers like this are a great base for affordable workstations.

• @pencilman5431
      @pencilman5431 Рік тому +1

Agreed

• @noth606
      @noth606 3 дні тому

Old comment but still, this is not a server, there are no 'Precision' servers. Nor would any server ever make a good workstation really, because servers are not designed to be sat next to they have noisy fans, noisy air flow, noisy drives and no useful graphics options often. Even if they have space(most don't) you often don't have pcie power etc. You can turn a workstation into a server fairly nicely, but not the other way around. I've tried many times. Now I have a 14 core T5810 with 128Gb RAM, P4000 GPU and 1Tb SSD in M.2 pcie card which is a fairly decent "serverlike" spec workstation for not that much money. Not superfast but it's also not too slow, fairly quiet, looks OK. It can do what I need it to, including run several VM at decent speed. And I can play games on it if I want hehe. It will get more M.2 SSD's later probably, to use as dedicated drives for VM's, and maybe some more NIC's also for VM.

• @beansoup1088
    @beansoup1088 5 місяців тому +1

thats a really well built and clever design, thnak you for sharing. nice video !

• @nadtz
    @nadtz 2 місяці тому +1

When the pandemic lockdowns hit I decided to grab a new machine and between PC parts being unobtanium at the time and HP and Lenovo workstations being sold for more than they were worth I grabbed myself a T5810 for like $300. Served me well as a workstation until I got a new machine built then with an upgraded (E5-2678 V3 ) CPU served me well as a server. Currently trying to decide what to do with the old workhorse as I've gone down the home lab rabbit hole and have thrown everything in a rack but truth is I could still be using the Dell as my main workstation. Great machines considering the prices you can get them for used (though swapping the fans and/or replacing the CPU cooler might be needed).

• @TimFoe
    @TimFoe Рік тому +3

Awesome Video, keep it rollin!

• @mikebruzzone9570
    @mikebruzzone9570 Рік тому +1

Thanks for the salvage coverage very complete. mb

• @NYCmob79
    @NYCmob79 Рік тому +2

That's a solid PC! Great cleanup!

• @KiraSlith
    @KiraSlith 7 місяців тому +2

The "GPU support bracket" is kinda useless. It's meant for bracing "full-height" cards (the same height as the PCIe bracket) in shipping, but unless you're using a stock Dell GPU with the lip at the end, it just guarantees the GPU will rip the socket off the board first. It's fine to just remove it.
    It's held in with a few spot welds you can easily drill without leaving noticeable damage on the interior panel. Sometimes you can give it a sharp tug and it'll come off too.

• @sokpisethlalalanno
    @sokpisethlalalanno Рік тому +4

A lot of fun !!!!!!! Thanks for sharing

• @Joel4JC
    @Joel4JC 3 місяці тому +2

I just bought the exact same tower, configured differently. Nothing like a getting a Xeon workstation at a great price and in good condition. Thanks for sharing.

• @gordonfreeman320
    @gordonfreeman320 Рік тому +2

Nice build! I've worked on the Precision T5820, T7820 and T7920 workstations in the past. Would be fun to see you check out a multi-CPU 7820 or 7920!

• @electricjafar3839
    @electricjafar3839 Рік тому +1

i donno why, but i love just looking to old workstations
    your video pleased me
    thank you

• @pencilman5431
    @pencilman5431 Рік тому +3

I have been using one from 2013 as my main rig for awhile now and it still surprises me how good these machines can be for so long

• @CB-RADlO-UK
      @CB-RADlO-UK 5 місяців тому

Hello man are you using it for mining ? What crypto and gpu and how many gpu ?

• @JordosTechShack
    @JordosTechShack Місяць тому +1

As someone who has flipped dozens of these after decommissioning them... Take a drill, and go down the side panel and just barley touch all the little weld spots on the GPU bracket, then take a flat head screw driver and it pops off, door handle still works, and side panel closes. They have had some variation of that bracket thing from the T3600 on.

• @PIayboyNike
    @PIayboyNike Рік тому +2

Beautiful machine

• @jsnotlout3312
    @jsnotlout3312 Рік тому +4

That CD drive is actually really nice for people who have a collection of old games.

• @gt8200-0
      @gt8200-0 Рік тому +1

Like me, but they usually don't like Windows 11.

• @jsnotlout3312
      @jsnotlout3312 Рік тому

@@gt8200-0 Yeah, Sometimes you have to patch them or use a virtual machine. Or sometimes they don't even work

• @BrittanyGates
    @BrittanyGates Рік тому +1

Nice video! I'm a fan of Dell refurbs myself. Probably because I was a Dell warranty repair tech years and years ago. Although I'm very happy with my Optiplex 7010 I wouldn't mind getting a Precision.

• @johnringgold3036
    @johnringgold3036 Рік тому +2

Thx for the vid, I was considering upgrading from my Z640 with E5-1640 V4, and RTX 2070, to a Lenovo P520 with a W-Xeon. I will hold off for now the performance is very close. Your User benchmark gaming score was only 2% higher than mine.

• @danlewisii4716
    @danlewisii4716 7 місяців тому

Nice work, good video. I just picked up a T5820, can you go over the Samsung 980 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB & PCIe adapter you purchased? Trying to figure out what to buy and load windows 10 on it.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  7 місяців тому

Thanks for your comment. Here is what i purchased:
      The M.2 adapter: www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B07FN3YZ8P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
      The M.2 drive: www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Samsung-PCIe-Internal-MZ-V8V1T0B-EC/dp/B08XY3QQBK/ref=sr_1_5

• @krakatoaj.kraken8451
    @krakatoaj.kraken8451 8 місяців тому +4

Great video. I just bought one of these last month from the Dell Refurbished site (with that 50% off coupon that has been there forever it seems).
    II know it's overkill, but 'm using my T5820 6-core machine for my AV command center (to replace a very noisy old Dell workstation laptop that was getting on in years) . It came with a BD player, but I had to buy software to play Blu-Rays as well as needing to buy a DP to HDMI active converter...ugh.
    That being said, the picture on my display looks incredible after tweaking the NVIDIA control panel settings. And it is whisper quiet.
    Joy!

• @jaex9617
      @jaex9617 8 місяців тому

Same. The way it runs in near-total silence under even a heavy load is so nice!

• @cyberbossinformatica9507
    @cyberbossinformatica9507 Місяць тому

Seu vídeo foi extremamente satisfatório, adorei assistir todo conteúdo que por sua vez ficou muito bem detalhado. Agora superou a minha vontade de comprar um CPU deste mesmo modelo. Abraços 🇧🇷

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  16 годин тому

Estou feliz que tenha ajudado!

• @user-dw6fj1py1o
    @user-dw6fj1py1o Рік тому +2

So Great!

• @gk8aq
    @gk8aq Рік тому +1

Very good Dora, good builds expect to last about 10~15 years...depends what are used for...😊

• @kildozer2012
    @kildozer2012 Рік тому +4

Absolutely love these Dell precision workstations. I was lucky enough to pick up three 7820s that had the dual-CPU trays paired with two pairs of Xeon Silver 4110 and a pair of Xeon gold (Can't remember the skew) as well as 96GB of ram each and Quadro P2000s. Picked each system up for only $50 since the business was upgrading and planned to scrap them, the only downside was not letting me keep the SSD's but I can understand why.

• @a1m598
      @a1m598 Рік тому +1

Man youre lucky! Crazy how many companies are willing to just scrap these machines that are like gold to people like us.

• @kildozer2012
      @kildozer2012 Рік тому

@@a1m598 Considering I could get around $6K on the low end for just the used parts, I'd say they literally are gold XD

• @jaex9617
      @jaex9617 8 місяців тому

Wow!

• @wheisenberg559
    @wheisenberg559 Рік тому +2

Those extra fan connectors (probably among other things) seem to be populated on the larger version, the T7820. Just telling from a picture search for T5820 & T7820...

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your information. That's true, they are for the 2-CPU versions. I forgot to mention in the video, as I notice, the rear chasis seems to be compatible with additional dual 92mm fans. That's why I think that the missing connector is a kind of barrier for additional fans with full PWM control.

• @anothersiguy
    @anothersiguy Рік тому +1

I love my old Precision, the hardware is so well built. Unfortunately I don’t have a good use for it but I can’t get rid of it either.

• @RockstarRomania
    @RockstarRomania Рік тому +5

This got into my recommended feed. Good job scoring it and gaining a new subscriber!

• @MrIswang
    @MrIswang Рік тому +3

hey, great video. i have a question, what is the power consumption under full load?

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +4

Thanks for your question. I haven't measured at wall and I hope to do it soon. But I here is my estimation basing on software measuring and power rate for each components.
      CPU+GPU: By using MSI Afterburner to measure, the CPU takes upto 160w (a little higher than manufacturer stated), the GPU takes upto 200w (factory clocks). You can see it at 15:56.
      RAM sticks: I assume 4*3W=12W at most
      Storages: I assume 10W for 1 HDD + 1 NVMe drive
      Motherboard: I assume it takes 50W at full load
      Fans: base on the power rate lable, each can comsumes upto 10W at full load, but they never reach full speed at Auto fan scheme, so I assume 4 fans take 5W*4=20W
      PSU: it's 80 Plus Gold standard, so I assume the power lost is 10%
      The estimated result at full load (measured at wall plug) could be: (160+200+20+12+10+50)*100/90=502W

• @devanjohnson737
    @devanjohnson737 Рік тому +2

Cool video 👍

• @dimidimi6243
    @dimidimi6243 6 місяців тому +1

@11:58 the black thing touching the GPU can be easily removed and you will have no problem with wider video cards.

• @psycl0ptic
    @psycl0ptic 7 місяців тому

the 2nd set of fans (rear exhaust) is only populated when in dual CPU config. Yes, would be nice to leave the headers on the board for additional cooling when in single CPU config. But can purchase a dual CPU chassis/mobo and remove one CPU. 2nd set of fans here: ua-cam.com/video/SzePdQcMV2w/v-deo.htmlsi=GfxoZUBPatEqPtir&t=146

• @omarberr5577
    @omarberr5577 10 місяців тому

I was delighted to come across your video and know that I can upgrade on my own my T5820 that I bought with a small P2000 and replace it with a RTX 4070 using those 8 pin connectors.
    One doubt, my CPU is a XEON W2145 Do you know if it can be upgraded to the refresh version W2245. Dell does not say anything, but as they are of the same architecture I would assume that yes, but officially there is no news from DELL.

• @davidfigueroa8335
    @davidfigueroa8335 8 місяців тому

I'm getting kinda late to this video, but the build and also video is wonderful! At the moment I'm rocking a custom gaming full rgb pc, damn I mis using a server as my main right there is just something about workstations that it so wonderful.

• @cornpop1342
    @cornpop1342 Рік тому +1

Great video

• @robertotarangozarazua1366
    @robertotarangozarazua1366 Рік тому

What one has to do to modify and shape a pre-assembled desktop PC.
    For my part, I am very satisfied to leave my HP TG01 with all the possible modifications.
    You have a PC of excellence, I congratulate you.

• @Cyber_Akuma
    @Cyber_Akuma Рік тому

Nice! I just got a T5810 to replace my T3610, and this video makes me jealous. Mainly the dual-8 pin for GPU power (having 2x6 or 1x8 really limits my GPU options), but all the other advances like all of the front-panel USB being 3.0, the much better PCIe cooling, all of the rear USB being 3.0, four drive bays instead of 2 and all of them hot-swappable, the much easier to access CPU/RAM shroud (though I also paid $100 for the base 5810... with no CPU or RAM). I have to admit though that case intrusion thing seems maddening, having it both shut off the PC and have no way to disable it while it blares an alarm in your ears. I had the cover off half the time while I was testing/getting up my 5810 and that would have driven me crazy. But it definitely has a lot of upgrades I wished mine had. Oh, and that ridiculously overpriced M.2 adapter instead of just plain having M.2 ports on the motherboard is asinine, glad that you can just use a M.2 to PCIe adapter card.

• @grahamstevenson1740
    @grahamstevenson1740 Рік тому +1

The quad channel memory access easily makes up for 2666MHz memory, always a bonus with Xeon CPUs.

• @darrenosborne8252
    @darrenosborne8252 2 місяці тому

I just setup one of these for my boss with 2 RTX 3060's. Oh my goodness was it quiet. Thinking of getting one as my new workstation.

• @martynasjankun9844
    @martynasjankun9844 Рік тому +1

How’s gpu cooling? Getting same temp on mine, but fans run at 3k. Mine 5810 by the way, was thinking to replace front fans with silent ones and increase speed like you did :)

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. Now I temporarily stay far from it so I cannot provide the exact RPM count. I will provide more information later. Generally, the EVGA RTX 2080 I used in this video run silently enough to make me forget about RPM measurment. By the way, what the GPU model are you using?

• @boringbill
    @boringbill Рік тому

Been wanting to see how this cpu performs for a while

• @proprietarycurez8463
    @proprietarycurez8463 Рік тому +2

Nice!

• @docrx1857
    @docrx1857 Рік тому

This is an excellent and powerful machine. It will be a nice upgrade from my HP Z440

• @alexnelson5492
    @alexnelson5492 Рік тому

Honestly this seems like an ideal budget setup

• @strydyrhellzrydyr1345
    @strydyrhellzrydyr1345 Рік тому +1

I just wish I knew more about these... Or I would buy one.. I'm not certain about everything so I am not sure if I should

• @mrdali67
    @mrdali67 Рік тому +1

Nice box for s home NAS 😃

• @wrlrdqueek
    @wrlrdqueek Рік тому +2

Is that bottom expansion slot PCIX? It looks too long to be standard PCI. (Or maybe it's just been a while since I've seen one)

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thank you for your question. If you mean the white one, it's the PCI connector, a kind of legacy parallel interface, not PCIe. Other than that, all the black are standard PCIe connector.

• @white_mage
    @white_mage Рік тому +1

9:30 over the years i noticed the only real purpose the pci latches seem to have is to make it harder to remove the gpu. the latch model printed on the motherboard is made of flexible plastic and you don't even need to touch it if you need to remove the gpu. just pull harder and it comes off anyways. as i said, these latches are there only to be a problem. latches that are made similar to the tabs used in ram slots are the worst because you have to hold them with a screwdriver so it doesn't lock itself again while removing the gpu. unironically i consider the missing gpu latches to be an upgrade.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your opinion. After reading your comment, now I think the same, it seems to be ok without them. At the time I did that clip, I forgot that this PC tends to work with a closed side cover. The side cover already provides a kind of support/pressure to make the GPU firm.

• @geometrikselfelsefesi
    @geometrikselfelsefesi 10 місяців тому +2

Sadly we dont have these types of machines in in our country turkey 🇹🇷 😢 Neverthless, i love dell machines

• @furynotes
    @furynotes Рік тому +1

Suddenly it would be texas or arizona on gpu chips in the late 2020s or 2030s. Good build by the way.

• @Mike-ux5lp
    @Mike-ux5lp 10 місяців тому +1

Domo arigato. I like your taste in music. And in hardware. I will buy this instead of T7810.

• @cholohd32
    @cholohd32 Рік тому +3

Nice one & its windows 11 compatible if i remember right. Must admit im really happy with my current refurbed t5810 for a bit of casual 1080p gaming so the t5820 is a fairly good guess for a the next step up in 2025 when support for win10 ends.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +2

Thanks for your comment. That's true, the Windows 11 is being officially supported for this 2019 T5820. I also tried the T5810 recently (I have a video about it). For my gaming demand it's fine, but for work demand, it's a little too outdate meachine. That's why i was looking for the T5820.

• @gt8200-0
      @gt8200-0 Рік тому +1

I'd expect you'd be able to bypass the TPM check, giving it updates until 2031 at least.

• @Anonymous-gn1rk
    @Anonymous-gn1rk Рік тому +1

It seems really good. Is it a better gaming system then a i5-9400F and GTX 1660 system?

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. Compare to your given component, this machine should perform much better. But the Xeon W-2155 CPU may be too redundant for gaming and it would cost.

• @icemanleo
    @icemanleo 10 місяців тому +1

I got mine 7820 with dual Xenon for 600 (pls extra year warranty)
    I had to buy the vroc key to get the raid working on the m.2 with the card... arriving today!

• @icemanleo
      @icemanleo 10 місяців тому +1

my HP z600 served me well for 10 years (same off form a lease) but due to tpm I cannot use it for win11... waist!

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  9 місяців тому

Congrat! Once day I'd like to try every features from these workstation.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  9 місяців тому +1

@@icemanleo TPM check of Windows 11 can be software-bypassed easily. The only consideration (for me) to upgrade may be the power cost-efficiency of the old machines.

• @sb96_
    @sb96_ Рік тому +1

nice

• @luigiprovencher8888
    @luigiprovencher8888 10 місяців тому

I was thinking about getting this to upgrade from my T3610 that shit the bed. $250 on craigslist for a barebones machine.

• @Anonymous-gn1rk
    @Anonymous-gn1rk Рік тому +2

Honestly, thank to this video, I'm looking on eBay RIGHT NOW.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

I'm glad that it helped!

• @krakatoaj.kraken8451
      @krakatoaj.kraken8451 8 місяців тому

If you are in the US, Dell Refurbished has a half price coupon for the 5820's they show at the top of their workstation page (it's been there since May I think) - they must have hundreds and hundreds coming off lease - might be a good idea to get one with an SSD so you don't need to add the pricey flex bay.

• @obviouslytom
    @obviouslytom 9 місяців тому

I just got one of these with th X series CPU and now the damn thing won't turn on

• @conectaTECH_
    @conectaTECH_ Рік тому +1

Hello, i have the same computer but i dont have the GPU auxiliary connectors.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. I had the same situation on my old T5810 because it was shipped with a low-profile GPU which doesn't requires external power. So I end up buying a new third-party pair of cable from Amazon.

• @silentfrost3645
    @silentfrost3645 Рік тому +1

This was definitely a good deal

• @hossosplitternacken7819
    @hossosplitternacken7819 Рік тому +1

the case as it self is solid..replace the CPU cooler with a real one and get ridd of the 90mm fans, kinda curoius what chipset is on that weird board

• @GenBumbleBee
    @GenBumbleBee Рік тому +2

i got a Dell Precision T7910 about 2 weeks ago from my local freegeek. i upgraded the CPU from a Xeon E5-2620v3 to a E5-2650v4 for $15 and its a night and day diffence now. i went from 40-60FPS in sea of thieves to 70-200FPS i have a 3070 inside it. im going to be adding other E5-2650v4 to it becuz its so cheap.

• @DanielDuedu
    @DanielDuedu Рік тому +1

Currently using an HP G5 mini workstation with a 10th Gen. i7 and a QUADRO P620. Little Beast.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +1

I love those workstations from HP too. Hope to try them one day!

• @loveandforward2870
    @loveandforward2870 Рік тому +1

actually I think the whole point of the pcie slots is that they are supposed to be open ended but someone correct me if I am wrong.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. The slots could be open-ended (as I experienced with some Dell SFF model) if their physical size is less than x16 (like x4 x8) so that the x16 cards can be installed. For those in this machine, they don’t need to be because their physical size is x16.

• @loveandforward2870
      @loveandforward2870 11 місяців тому

@@thinhdora Duh. Ya, silly me. :)

• @ThomasWinders
    @ThomasWinders Рік тому +1

Now... time for some serious modding! Just cut some windows in that side panel!

• @fahmishideq2701
    @fahmishideq2701 Місяць тому +1

can upgrade to m.2 nvme in flexbay?

• @GiaThinh93
      @GiaThinh93 Місяць тому

Yes. But it could be much more costier than using PCIe adapters.

• @DragonProtector
    @DragonProtector Рік тому +2

Wow

• @strydyrhellzrydyr1345
    @strydyrhellzrydyr1345 Рік тому

Man this looks so cool... This would something I would love to get.. it's just so damn cool.
    Can you just put a GPU in

• @pieterpost8515
      @pieterpost8515 11 місяців тому

yes and no there are different psu versions there are als 435w psu for his systems ones you put a power hungry gpu in it it wil not work you must keep in mind to get the one with 950w psu these are also included with the pci cables
      also is not every precision xeon there is also a version with the intel core i7 and i9 10th gen
      xeon w-2100
      xeon w-2200
      core i.-10gen
      psu 435w
      psu 950w
      so hope this explain

• @Erikcleric
      @Erikcleric 7 місяців тому

​@@pieterpost8515your reply is a mess. Broken English i barely understand.
      Makes it sound like 435W is unusable.
      You can use a whole lot of cards on 435w PSU, GTX 1650 , 1660, 3050 and the incredibly low power 4060. And that's just Nvidia cards.
      From midrange to almost "high end".
      Sure 900W PSU is naturally even better and will support the real beefy cards.

• @pieterpost8515
      @pieterpost8515 7 місяців тому

@@Erikcleric sorry for my english i try to do it beter not in this system this system used alloth of power by default i have a xeon w-2195 18 core 768GB ram and i have the beast of the graphic cards the best there is right on this moment rtx a8000 i have power problems because i used to mutch power on this system i can't do al the upgrades it wil not work

• @vmiki888
    @vmiki888 Рік тому +1

Crying in my corner with my baby blue RX 590.

• @Fullmetal_pharmacist
    @Fullmetal_pharmacist 2 місяці тому

Is there a way to get rid of the chassis intrusion thing?

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  16 годин тому

Yes. Checkout another video of mine.
      ua-cam.com/video/kvK4YimNxBg/v-deo.html

• @DEORIA1703
    @DEORIA1703 Рік тому +1

Nice video man i almost enjoyed all of it, just watched muted REALLY BUT REALLY HATE THAT TYPE OF MUSIC 😅

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +1

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad that you can still enjoy without audio!

• @majstealth
    @majstealth Рік тому +1

servers and workstations are just build "better". the 1 thing i would love them sseing - using standard formats more often...

• @j.lietka9406
    @j.lietka9406 Рік тому +1

Not sure how much you paid for this unit US $$, but I hope you got a good deal!

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +1

Thanks for your comment. I purchased it for 65,000 jpy ~ 500 usd (in 2022/12) without HDD and GPU.

• @j.lietka9406
      @j.lietka9406 Рік тому +1

@@thinhdora for a kind of hobby, I look in dumpsters and curbside stuff for electronics - PCs, laptops, Chromebooks, gaming systems, tablets, & other electronics! Thank you Domo arigato (3 X Nippon style bows) 🤓

• @ponyrider9744
    @ponyrider9744 Рік тому +1

all good, but don't use userbenchmark for comparisons

• @KIANAKASLANAK423
    @KIANAKASLANAK423 Рік тому +2

Are these good for gaming

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment.
      This machine wasn't built for gaming but it showed no difficulty in gaming. You can check the brief gaming benchmark at 14:53.

• @RicardoHernandez-zr1pw
      @RicardoHernandez-zr1pw 8 місяців тому

Yes. Use a good graphics card though.

• @darkknightforU
    @darkknightforU 8 місяців тому +1

Wow 950 watt psu that impressive for a used prebuilt pc from dell, they usually always underpowered like 250/300 watt max 500 watt if it's a gaming machine

• @Erikcleric
      @Erikcleric 7 місяців тому

It's not just a regular prebuilt, it's a workstation, they always got beefy psu's.

• @darkknightforU
      @darkknightforU 7 місяців тому

@Erikcleric so basically it would be a better option to get a used workstation to make a cheap gaming PC than go out and buy a new pre-built PC

• @RuralLifeKH
    @RuralLifeKH Місяць тому

which one is better between T5810 and T5820 if they has same CUP cores( different CPU) ?

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  16 годин тому +1

Newer CPU generations are usually better because they tends to have higher IPC, result in more efficient with the same core count and clock. You can search for the Passmark scores, that's the easy way to compare.

• @RuralLifeKH
      @RuralLifeKH 15 годин тому

thanks

• @wz_darko
    @wz_darko Рік тому +2

these things used go for like 600 which is a steal

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your opinion. It's a steal if it could last for like 4 more years :D.

• @3-body-problem
    @3-body-problem 3 місяці тому +1

This is a (nearly) exact workstation of the same date and serviable period of my still current unit and has been my most reliable CAD workhorse ever. My next system will always be a DELL standard build becasue of this. You pay a little more at first but overall always works out cheaper.

• @whitexeno
    @whitexeno Рік тому +2

Don't vacuum electronics as static can build up and kill them.

• @NoodlesTBograt
    @NoodlesTBograt 7 місяців тому

These are OK if you have the use for them for purely gaming you can get a better build buying parts .

• @huah-zi4xs
    @huah-zi4xs 2 місяці тому

front panel FAN is 12cm

• @dubment
    @dubment 8 місяців тому

quite an epic device but when it comes to power efficiency, its kind of a dinosaur, bet that it idles at 100w...

• @mark12358
    @mark12358 Рік тому +2

ESD protection? I guess it's safe but you did almost all wrong. Great Dell system, however!

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +1

Thanks for your comment. I think ESD occurs even when there's no power, so I guess that machenism could be for preventing any short circuit or protecting users from injury risks (like electric shock). It's good to have. Just a little annoying when we want to physically debug any components.

• @mark12358
      @mark12358 Рік тому +1

@@thinhdora Yep, I agree.

• @daniel070487
    @daniel070487 Рік тому +2

awful airflow and temps on this one, not recommended putting in a big graphicscard

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your opinion. I also used to worry about putting gaming GPUs in those OEM workstation models like this one. I thought those kinds of workstation work best with blower-fan GPUs, which tends to be seen at NVDIA Quadro or AMD Radeon Pro series. However, as I tried with gaming GPU models with axial fans like GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1 or EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra (the one in this video), they worked great and even the fans stay quite. I think the keypoint here is how big the GPU heatsinks are. If we choose a gaming GPU model, they should have good/big heatsinks. If they are, the intake fans can handle the heat dissipating task well.

• @yerry_verse
    @yerry_verse 8 місяців тому

Not a PC, is a Workstation

• @konchus2
    @konchus2 Рік тому +1

3:29 can i sue for false advertisement? wheres the water?

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +1

Hahah. I should have wrap it with double quotes.

• @cracklingice
    @cracklingice Рік тому +2

Not a bad buy at all.
    Can't trust loserbenchmark though.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your opinion. I don't trust the Userbenchmark too. Just provided it as an additional information next too the other benchmarking results.

• @cracklingice
      @cracklingice Рік тому +1

@@thinhdora Honestly, I had no idea this hardware had come down so much. Figured that price would still only get E5 V3 or maybe V4 at the newest.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

@@cracklingice ​Thanks for your comment. In my case there are some factors to get this bargain.
      Firstly, the risk of hard to repair / costy to replace in case of failure . The one in this video is 4 years old (out of 3-year default warranty). If any comopent got broken, the replacement cost would be high, and finding the replacement would also not be easy because the T5820 seems not to be too popular on flea markets yet in where I live (Japan).
      Secondly, I negotiated to purchase it without GPU and storage (as I mentioned in 0:22). The original listing price/specs is ~75,000JPY with Quadro T400 and 1TB 3.5 HDD.
      And maybe a bit of luck :D
      I attached the link where I purchased it at the description.

• @jeffer8762
    @jeffer8762 Рік тому

not power efficiency to get older cpu

• @CMROCKPORT
    @CMROCKPORT Рік тому +2

CPU is barely doing anything in RDR2💀

• @SwaggySolidarity
      @SwaggySolidarity Рік тому +2

The W-2155 is a beast. Six cores with SMT, 3.2 base, 4.5 turbo. It's not getting bottlenecked in games anytime soon.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +1

Thanks for your comment. I think it's because the RDR2 can take advantage of multiple-core CPU very well.

• @churblefurbles
    @churblefurbles Рік тому +2

nice overengineering if someone else is paying for it.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

That's true, as long as it's affordable.

• @terr0rista02
    @terr0rista02 Рік тому +4

Stop using that intel fanboy site for bechmarking its a trash

• @aboveaveragebayleaf9216
      @aboveaveragebayleaf9216 Рік тому

It is pretty crazy how biased they are lol Sometimes it's not even subtle.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому +2

Thanks for your opinion. I don't trust the Userbenchmark too. Just provided it as an additional information next too the other benchmarking result.

• @buildyourcomputer
    @buildyourcomputer Рік тому +1

Typical dell over thinking of cooling and other things internal to the computer. Don't buy this unless price is right or your office is getting rid of them.

• @insertnamehere4419
    @insertnamehere4419 Рік тому +1

Why would you put a 2080 in this piece of crap? It will get bottlenecked massively by a poorlly cooled cpu and bad ventilation.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. As my experience, this GPU works fine inside this machine. The temp stays under 70*C at full load.

• @insertnamehere4419
      @insertnamehere4419 Рік тому

@@thinhdora I refer you to my original comment. I didn't say the gpu will overheat, though I am shocked it doesn't.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

My mistake. I'm not sure how you consider CPU bottlenecked. In the full load test I shown, even though the CPU got higher-than-my-expected temp (80*C, 10:23) at default fan curve or better temp (70*C, 10:48) at 10% offset fan speed, the clock speed was maintained at 3.7GHz, which looks good to me.

• @insertnamehere4419
      @insertnamehere4419 Рік тому

@@thinhdora Not sure what CPU you're using, but at 3.7ghz, it's not a modern high end one. You honestly seem to be under the impression a case like this would not hamper a modern system and I can't fathom why. Also, don't use UserBenchmark.

• @RicardoHernandez-zr1pw
      @RicardoHernandez-zr1pw 8 місяців тому

It’s not bad. Many places that I work at use these for running multiple monitors and the computers are running pretty much 24/7.

• @tvojejbabkydedko
    @tvojejbabkydedko Рік тому +2

you can just use third party software for fans..

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. As my experience with Dell systems, the only third-party can work is SpeedFan. Even though it does not work well for adjusting, only good for monitoring. I would appriciate if you can suggest me any better third-party app.

• @AmigaWolf
    @AmigaWolf Рік тому +1

Slow CPU already for a 4 year old CPU, it gets only 11247 in Cinebench R23.
    I get 14378 in Cinebench R23, with my AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, and that one has 8 cores, not 10 cores like
    the Intel Xeon W-2155.

• @thinhdora
      @thinhdora  Рік тому

Thanks for your comment. That's true. We cannot expect top performance / good efficiency from a 4yo PC (the specs are actually 5yo). However, to compare different specs in different ages, it's fairer to compare price/performance I think.