35,000 Mile Review Update on my 2018 Triumph Bonneville T120

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 8 жов 2024
  • UPDATE! 45K mile review can be found here! - • 45K Mile (+70K KMs) Re...
    35K mile review on my 2018 Bonneville T120!
    Check out my channel for the video of how I upgraded my suspension or check out my 0-60 video to see how I upgraded the intake and exhaust.
    Thanks for turning in!
    Jedz Moto: ► jedzmoto.com
    Amen Moto: ►amenmoto.com
    Chasing the Horizon Podcast ► horizon.bmwmoa.org
    The Cafe Racer Podcast ► www.caferacerpo...
    So you want to ride a motorcycle? Podcast ► soyouwanttorid...

КОМЕНТАРІ • 57

• @Jedz123
    @Jedz123  3 роки тому +2

80K mile review is up: ua-cam.com/video/_EZ-np6dADs/v-deo.html

• @asacarrick1385
    @asacarrick1385 3 роки тому +4

My 2017 T100 now has 87000Km 53K miles. Love it. Super manouvrable. Not as quick as T120 of course but matches or beats it everywhere else

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  3 роки тому +1

Fantastic! I'll hit 85K miles on the T120 by the end of the weekend (hopefully). These water cooled Bonnevilles are going to be remembered as great motorcycles.

• @EazyDuz18
      @EazyDuz18 Місяць тому

too slow t120 way better

• @steveburke3923
    @steveburke3923 3 роки тому +2

Hearing way too much about Triumph transmission failures. I hope they solve this issue. I absolutely love the brand. I have four Triumphs at this time.

• @UncleLongbeard
      @UncleLongbeard 2 роки тому

That's what keeps me away from replacing my W800 wit Triumph

• @salpairadice
    @salpairadice 4 роки тому +5

I wonder if mounting that giant box on back, is related to the oscillation at high speed.

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому +1

Definitely loaded there is more of a wallow in the bike especially during Sport touring duty.

• @johnhall4445
    @johnhall4445 3 роки тому

Thanks for your detailed review. Ride safe!

• @AmenMoto
    @AmenMoto 5 років тому +7

I'll wait for the 70K mile review :D

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  5 років тому

I'll interview you!

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому

Oops missed that. I'll do a 75K mile one next month!

• @Speedytrip
    @Speedytrip 5 років тому +3

Nice review. Rear brake pads every 5000 miles??

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  5 років тому +2

I'm sorry I should have said by 7-10K miles they are done, I have replaced quite a few sets so far, I check them by 5k miles and the current pads are on track to be spent by 7K miles .. I think the added wear is from the lack of engine braking and having to use more rear to emulate that braking style is the culprit.

• @lucerfarul
    @lucerfarul 5 років тому +2

Wow! You're a super trooper. Great review.

• @heythere6983
    @heythere6983 5 років тому +3

would you say this handles better than your harleys? I love the harley roadsters look, but I did see one of these in person and it looks so nice and classy. although the SPEED twin is out and that looks awesome

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  5 років тому +4

Hey there, I rode the Speed Twin and if your just going out to rip and blast that would be your go to. The T120 after my suspension upgrades handles very well but it is heavy so there is no way around that (compared to the Speed Twin) Compare the Triumph to my Harleys and we are talking about a night and day difference. There is more power out of this 1200 I-2 vs my XR1200's V-Twin... I wouldn't say the T120 "handles better" than the XR1200 for the XR held a damn line well but the T120 is more flick-able and responsive. The wheel base and weight are the issues with the XR. The T120 feels more like a standard bike where the XR feels like a mini power cruiser. The Street-Rod 750 Handled the best out of all of them and the motor was very nice. Won't lie it would make a great track bike or canyon carver but the XG750A lacked refinement and could have been put on a better diet. It should have weighed 50lbs less then it did. Hope that helps!

• @heythere6983
      @heythere6983 5 років тому

@@Jedz123 that was pretty helpful thanks, yea I love a standard position tbh, so you don't think the speed twin would suffice in everyday handling? I definitely would take advantage of the torque and cornering when getting on and off highways and certain back roads for sure, and if its more nimble than the 120 that sounds good to me, I wouldn't do only sporty riding on it though and mostly commuting with the regular highway rides a handful of times a week, the footpegs are a little back so I wonder if that would get cramped im about 5'8 31 inch inseam, I love the triumphs they look so good and seem so reliable, even that bobber is great looking but I think it would be too harsh and not as flexible or else hands down id get it, think thats the best looking one.
      Thanks a lot!

• @andresalaskeno2710
    @andresalaskeno2710 4 роки тому +10

That top case in that bike..... Is a crime!!!

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому +2

Well bike has 72K miles on it now because of it ;). It will be removed permanently at 100K miles. Just a few more months.

• @andresalaskeno2710
      @andresalaskeno2710 4 роки тому +1

@@Jedz123 because of it?? Don't see how... It might be useful... But the bike runs with or with out it... You sure can do a lot more miles on that bike! Enjoy!

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому +1

@@andresalaskeno2710 need a waterproof case, much rain and snow my way. Laptops are not as forgiving in soft luggage. But yeah If I couldn't commute or go on long trips I would be hitting 35K now! Cheers! Have a great weekend.

• @nspinicelli
      @nspinicelli 3 роки тому

Agreed. I'm thinking of getting a Saddlemen TS3200DE Tactical Deluxe Cruiser Tail Bag, or using Nelson drybag saddlebags for a more rugged look.

• @fmancini29
    @fmancini29 5 років тому +2

Excellent review!

• @petewebb6952
    @petewebb6952 5 років тому +2

Very interesting thank you.

• @ericveal6681
    @ericveal6681 Рік тому

Sounds good 👍

• @maroonga555
    @maroonga555 2 роки тому

You mentioned you did a Tubeless conversion. How exactly did you do this? Thanks

• @andrewrogers2313
    @andrewrogers2313 3 роки тому +1

Amazing!!

• @jimwortham8634
    @jimwortham8634 4 роки тому +3

Enjoyed my younger days was Hardcore Triumph person my chain driven by are over old fart

• @simonsmith7877
    @simonsmith7877 4 роки тому +2

I was thinking of changing my front tyre size to 110/80 18 thinking itll give a better rolling feel. I just notice you running 120/70 18? Hows that feel to the standard for the steering, slows it up some?

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому +1

Not at all, the ZR tire always trumps bias tires in handling and feel. Think most sport bikes run a 120 width tire on a 17" rim. FYI I now have 46K miles on my T120 and have since upgraded to Alloy 17" wheels both front and rear. The front is now a standard 120 70 ZR17. The bike handles like my FZ1 did. Very Very confident. I encourage you to subscribe and watch some of my new videos!!! I do allot of modifications to my T120 and I be sure to keep my viewers apprised! Thanks for tuning in. -Best,

• @simonsmith7877
      @simonsmith7877 4 роки тому +1

@@Jedz123 cheers Pal, so my move to just the 110/80 from 100/90 shouldn't be any problem, think I'll try that size first & will check out more of your vids

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому +2

​@@simonsmith7877 I would do my best to go to a radial if given the choice! I have run a 130 and THAT rides like a truck but I went with white walls for my wedding as the T120 was apart of the alter. Would a tire specific video be informative you think? I could do a vlog about that soon! best,

• @simonsmith7877

@@Jedz123 Yes tyres is a good subject & most people scared to alter sizes or even manufacture? Just because dont want to ruin the tide but improve it but once you put one on you dont like or you got it wrong it costs to change. So I find real world feedback the best,. But yes tyres a big talking point

• @simonsmith7877

@@Jedz123 I'm looking at Michelin Activ's heard good reports but on other bikes not Bonnie's

• @ginogina4589
    @ginogina4589 4 роки тому

My hero!!

• @ethereal_synapse
    @ethereal_synapse 4 роки тому +2

Had pods on my xs1100 and whenever it rained even the smallest amount, the engine would be sucking in all that water and I’d be running home on choke trying to keep it alive then spend the next few days trying to clean out the carbs.

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому

I had similar issues with my old Suzuki GS750. I'm coming up to 74K miles on my Bonneville now and with the pods I've installed I have had no issues to date, several +500 miles days of heavy rain riding. Just rode 200 miles in the rain earlier this week. Been running great. The intakes are definitely not as exposed vs the outer 2 cycliders of the old UJMs. Best,

• @organicox80
    @organicox80 4 роки тому

Hey dad, what happened to the cruiser pegs ???

• @Mynameisdiy
    @Mynameisdiy 2 роки тому +1

Does the 2018 have the diff drive modes? Ie rain mode

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  2 роки тому

It does but I never use them

• @iluxionxz
    @iluxionxz 4 роки тому

Nice review

• @servantofgod5642
    @servantofgod5642 Рік тому

What happened to yu highway pegs?

• @GleasonVaults
    @GleasonVaults 2 роки тому

I have a 2016 T120. Do you think it will do alright touring even though it’s a 2016 model?

• @wingandhog
      @wingandhog Рік тому

You can tour with any bike as long as you can ride it and it’s well maintained.

• @JoseRodriguez-dt8rh
    @JoseRodriguez-dt8rh 4 роки тому

Why you hace to change the trasmisión, any particular reason ?

• @nickjaxe
    @nickjaxe 4 роки тому +1

Back box does noth for the bikes looks.

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому +1

True but the bike now has 63K miles, bought it to ride not look at. She will be decommissioned as the big touring rig so a naked future is in the works, best

• @crocketgsxr6
    @crocketgsxr6 4 роки тому

yeah what makes it a true 1k mile ride is......you rode the miles in under 24 hrs. That is IT. I did it on sport bike and my sore ass was the only proof I needed. but i do have a good "why did i do that" story now . Save the paperwork fee for gas.

• @gryphongryph
    @gryphongryph Рік тому

Sorry, but that huge top box and steering damper totally kills the look of this otherwise beautiful machine 😂

• @falafelballs
    @falafelballs 4 роки тому +2

How much does a new transmission cost?

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому

It was covered by warranty but out of pocket cost I was told close to $4K

• @Jedz123
      @Jedz123  4 роки тому

Just glad we got that puppy replaced under warranty

• @markkulyas2418
      @markkulyas2418 3 роки тому +3

@@Jedz123 Just think about the Casual Rider that his two year warranty is up before he puts two thousand miles on his bike, then he's stuck with a $4,000 bill, that is no little deal that's a big deal, and a deal-breaker.