5 Things I Hate About My 2017 Triumph Bonneville T120

Поділитися
Вставка

КОМЕНТАРІ • 54

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy Рік тому +4

Went for Avon Roadrider tires for my 2016 T120 and have been very pleased with them. Handling is greatly improved over the OE Pirellis. Wouldn't have believed that the Avons would make such a difference! To your short list my I add the large fuel tank seam? I blacked mine out with matte 3M 1/2" striping tape. This is very easy to do.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому

Thanks, while it has settled down with some more miles on it, I'll need to get something else soon so I'll give that ago.

• @johnmartin7158
    @johnmartin7158 2 роки тому +3

Thanks for your review. I hade the 2019 model & now I’ve got the 2022 generation of that bike.
    NZ

• @CripesaMighty3
    @CripesaMighty3 Рік тому +3

Hi Bob - I'm riding the same bike with the same colour and despite some really minor flaws I'm still convinced, that you can't hardly ride with more style than on a Bonnie 🙂 After two seasons with the pirelli I changed to the Michelin Road Classics and what shall I say- it's another world. They give you a very good feedback with lots of confidence and since I'm at home near the Swiss Alps our roads are rather demanding. The Michelins are - in my opinion - a very good choice. Greetings Dan

• @Andy-xs3ld
    @Andy-xs3ld Рік тому +3

As I'm looking to buy a T120 in the very near future I thought I should watch this video, maybe it would tell me something I really should consider before buying. Instead, I feel like I just wasted 4 minutes and 46 seconds......🤔 Having said that, I guess it does tell me that if that is as damning as you can be about the T120 then maybe it really is as good a bike as the majority of reviews claim. So, perhaps not so much a waste of my time after all 😉

• @Duckie313
    @Duckie313 Рік тому +2

First thing I bought for my bobber, a horn relocation kit. Just a small bracket that hides the horn behind the radiator. I am sure there must be one for the T120, perhaps even the Bobber one will fit your bike as well? Got it from Wunderkind Custom in Germany.

• @murrayedgar4791
    @murrayedgar4791 11 місяців тому

When Pirelli phantoms first came out they were renowned for grip so i got some on 2 different bikes. They both had a significant shimmy at higher speeds after being rock solid with other brands. I've put Bridgestones on my T120 (the front Pirelli only lasted 10K, first time I've had a front wear out before a rear) and I reckon it's better. Will upgrade to Michelins or Avons soon.

• @dhavald4359
    @dhavald4359 Рік тому +1

It is probably most beautiful machine in the world so far.

• @mikerider58
    @mikerider58 Рік тому +1

I'd take the tire off check it and refit, check wheel and spokes , then check it balanced properly.
    Sometimes hitting a pot hole or a poorly fitted tire can upset the wheel.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому

Having ridden on it now for some distance it's evened out and isn't like it was from the video but it seemed odd at the time for such a low mileage bike. It's due for a change soon anyway!

• @karlbishop7481
    @karlbishop7481 Рік тому +1

I think you are being unfair. Plastic fenders reduce weight plus they reduce scratches and dents. The radiator is well hidden and not noticable, in fact when I tell people mine is water cooled they don't believe it until I point it out. The horn is pitiful, get something better and put it where you want. I have only used mine a couple of times in 5,000 miles and just to catch a friends attention. You are right the tires are pretty poor. I replaced mine with Avon Storms, a great improvement.

• @ruahinesrider
    @ruahinesrider 6 місяців тому

Air filter on the Triumph Triples is a mission to get to as well.

• @Richard-pe4cx
    @Richard-pe4cx 2 роки тому

i am going to try avons when mine wear out the suspension front and back needs to be better and a decat ,but i love it they have really got the silhouette bang on

• @lauriebloggs8391
      @lauriebloggs8391 Рік тому

Definitely decat, and a quality.....x pipe, like Motone.

• @toddfleury7324
    @toddfleury7324 Рік тому +2

The seam on the bottom of the gas tank

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому +1

I don't mind that as it looks well made!

• @toddfleury7324
      @toddfleury7324 Рік тому +1

@@bobberbob.68 the fact checkers have deemed the seam as unsightly and cheap looking 😬. Great motorcycle otherwise.

• @nickaxe771
    @nickaxe771 Рік тому

The rad....thank your lucky stars its not a new BSA gold star....the air filter cover triumph have to fit a lot of stuff out of sight to keep the bike looking retro.....its just the price we pay.
    I agree about the front mudguard....I was shocked when I found it was plastic.....got to admit its a super fine rust free finish.....I stiffened mine up by lining the under side with emergency roof self adessive flashing tape....
    Not had the shimmy prob on the front end your getting....still using my Pirelli tyres....have you had the balance checked....no reason why the should shimmy.
    One thing I hated about mine was the raked up number plate mount.....I have modified that to be near vertical now....much more pleasing to my eye.....also didnt like the rear mud guard being so high....I have modded that to sit lower.
    Didnt like the switch gear on the handle bars.....all the coloured buttons looked to modern and out of keeping for the bikes style.....they are blacked out now with semi matt black.....that pleases me.
    Saying all that....I love the bike to bit...cant see me ever selling it.

• @ruahinesrider
    @ruahinesrider 2 роки тому

Looks like a Pirelli Sports comp tyre I had on my Interceptor although I never had a issue with it I know others have.They experience wobbling after 6OOOkm & a new tyre fixed this from a different brand like Bridgestone Batlax BT46 & a Yss fork upgrade will help too.Interceptor has plastic guards too but they metal one's & probably do for Triumphs.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  2 роки тому

It's at 7776 ks so probably time for a new one even though the wear is good. I had an older T100 from 03 and it was all metal which just seemed a bit more authentic.

• @ruahinesrider
      @ruahinesrider 2 роки тому

@@bobberbob.68 Maybe TEC does metal guards or Motone, British Legends.
      Is your tyre a Pirelli Sports comp tyre?

• @richardcasey7521
    @richardcasey7521 Рік тому

Most new bikes have plastic front mud guards. They never rust. Radiator? It has to have one. A front tire shouldn’t wobble but I hear different tires improve it considerably.

• @karlbishop7481
      @karlbishop7481 Рік тому

The tires aren't all that good, I put Avon Storms on mine. Big improvement.

• @karinmuller3156
    @karinmuller3156 2 роки тому

Why get your bike a belt drive? It's a very interesting update. What needs, to change the chain?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  2 роки тому

I don't like chains and it's was an in interesting conversion! See my video about it: Triumph T120 Bonneville Drive Belt Conversion.

• @lauriebloggs8391

@@bobberbob.68 I don't like chains and this conversion is superb!

• @PanJarekKozera
    @PanJarekKozera 2 роки тому

I am before picking up the new T120 and I read various opinions while getting ready to buy it. Sometimes dissatisfaction with the tires persisted. The problem is that few companies offer the correct tire size for Triumph. Do any of you have any suggestions what can be changed Pirelli?

• @chriskay116
      @chriskay116 Рік тому

Avon Roadriders totally transform handling and roadholding.

• @ben9l351
    @ben9l351 5 місяців тому

Bob did you sell this bike if not it is still on my radar..........but I am about a month away

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  5 місяців тому

The new owner proudly rode it home yesterday! New project bike coming soon. Cheers.

• @kiwi-on-a-bike660
    @kiwi-on-a-bike660 Рік тому

The shimmering might be the wheel needs rebalancing?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому

It's actually improved with some miles on it but now it's within range to get a new tyre.

• @lauriebloggs8391

Front suspension....yup, air filter. Oh yes, horn position...yes 🙂

• @MarioProvini
    @MarioProvini Рік тому

I did not know Triumph had rubber belts rather than chains.

• @bearmcquade2846
    @bearmcquade2846 Рік тому

Fake carburetor? Makes me sick .I had a nice sting ray bike with fake parts + sound ! U going to get fake sound ?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому +1

I clothes pegged some cardboard in to the spokes, sounds amazing!

• @bearmcquade2846
      @bearmcquade2846 Рік тому

@@bobberbob.68 I had a 71 650 tiger .i treated it so bad and it keep going. Sold it to my bf .He fix it up very nice. Enjoy a legacy

• @michaelrimmer2557
    @michaelrimmer2557 Рік тому +1

How nit picking can you get.

• @lezmdk187
    @lezmdk187 Рік тому +1

Thats not a 2012 ....

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому

Thanks for that! Not sure what happened, but it's fixed now.

• @mikem597
    @mikem597 2 роки тому +2

Pretty nit-picky. Like learning to spell "Guard"