Toning with ion Platinum Lace | Brassy to Ash Blonde without T18

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 30 лис 2021
  • Watch as I show my process of getting rid of pee yellow hair with ion Platinum Lace. Products used are ion Bright White Cream Lightener, ion 40 developer, ion 10 developer and ion Platinum Lace toner.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 17

• @janetridgley2013
    @janetridgley2013 7 місяців тому

Platinum lace looks great on you with your fair/light complexion ❤ Nice video!

• @lindag2214
    @lindag2214 Рік тому

Ive been watching videos of this product that a young lady in Sallys convinced me to try. This is the 1st time Ive seen it become the color Im hoping to achieve!! Im terrified! Ill watch a few more times before doing it! I think the issue all these others are having is that theyre all leaving it on too long instead of judging by watching it develope instead of how many minutes its been on. Ive even seen people covering it with plastic caps. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS VIDEO!! I LOVE YOUR LOOK!💞

• @Jennifer.Ridgeway
    @Jennifer.Ridgeway Рік тому

Your hair turned out soooo perfect 😍

• @juanfootjohn2125
    @juanfootjohn2125 2 роки тому +3

This is not what I was expecting. lol. it was good to see you again your A rock star

• @one_leg_b1tch549
      @one_leg_b1tch549  2 роки тому

Lol. I will be uploading another video tomorrow with my perspective as an amputee. I thought it would be weird to have that video with blonde hair before this one.

• @juanfootjohn2125
      @juanfootjohn2125 2 роки тому +1

@UCczS6aLkjWpcE8FafptbJRA To funny I can't wait. thank you

• @hemp4haters
    @hemp4haters 2 роки тому +1

Perfect video - straightforward and provided good info - I'm gonna try the Platinum Lace it looks really good! Thanks

• @cheshirecat6699
    @cheshirecat6699 Рік тому

Good job

• @lifeofaseven
    @lifeofaseven 2 роки тому

I just tried Ion yesterday, after my second bleach to get to level 10 or palest yellow ..
    I used the 10 na / neutral ash...
    And this was from the demi-permanent selection...
    I'm always afraid of using permanent toners on top of my already bleached to death hair ..
    And while I'm not displeased with my results yesterday, I'm kind of wanting to do one more toner...
    To get it just a bit more white and even a little more ashy
    I really like your results, that's beautiful..
    I've already had enough on my hair for one week I think LOL
    I had really long hair and I cut about half of it off to make the job easier
    And then I did the very dark roots with a 30 volume the first day
    And only put a little 20 volume on the scalp towards the end but I still got a bit of hot root not too bad
    So when I was done with all that and washed it all out I toned it
    Because the first day I only came out at around a level 7 8 shade of blonde on the root and lots of Orange going on
    So I only toned it to that level
    With Wella level 8na something like that
    So I conditioned it really well and treated it and then 24 hours later
    I started on my second bleaching again to get those midsections up to palest yellow possible or level 10
    I tried to avoid the ends that were already blonde and the scalp on the second go round
    That time I only use the 20 volume, and I dumped in some kind of little thingy called ion booster that they sell at Sally's it's supposed to protect your hair from damage...
    and I left it for a lot longer with the lower developer, over 45 minutes
    Because I knew the mistake of washing off the 20 volume too early it won't pull it up all the way
    So after all of that time I washed everything out
    And finally it was for sure at level 10
    Very very pale yellow
    Of course there were some spots because my hair is longer that have a little bit of orange brass but not very bad
    So then when it was time to tone
    And I chose the ion brand for the first time
    And I figured of course level 10 but I thought neutral Ash was the way to go
    They had some other really nice shades but those were all permanent or semi and I was afraid of those
    But after it's all said and done yes my hair is really really super blonde
    And a lot of it is really really white, because some of the hair had already been bleached enough,
    When I went back in for the midsections to pull them up the second time that other hair got caught up in it and probably is overbleached
    So I'm not unhappy with it it's super super blonde and pretty wide in some spots but...
    There's just something about it I'm not quite happy with yet
    And I'm scared but I would like to go get another toner
    And see if I can get it to look a little bit ashier, but I don't want it to come out gray or anything....
    So I'm just wondering this toner that you used in this video was this a demi-permanent?
    And do you think it would be okay after all the processing I've done this week
    To go back and do one more toner on my hair?
    The health of my hair seems fine
    I tried to take decent care of it during the processes and wait at least 24 hours for the second one
    And I did a major conditioning mask in between
    The hair feels just fine and it's not breaking or anything
    So I'd really like to do one more toner on top of this..
    It looks like the one you have might work better for me and produce the results I'm really looking for.
    I just need to study the ion products a little better and learn the difference between all the toners
    I know that blue cancels yellow and that's Ash or a
    And I know Violet cancels Orange or brass ... And that's v
    And they did have an ion toner that was a level 10 AV
    Which was exactly what my old hairdresser told me to use and mix if I couldn't find one that was already those two
    But where I'm confused is she also told me to always use demi-permanent so it wouldn't cause any extra damage
    And I just can't find anything a v in a demi-permanent at Sally
    So that's why I'm wondering about your toner...
    If you can give me some info or advice on this .... I'd appreciate it.
    Great video thanks. 🙂

• @one_leg_b1tch549
      @one_leg_b1tch549  2 роки тому +2

When you use a toner you want to use a 10 developer, otherwise a 20 or 30 with ever so slightly lighten the color because it does open the hair follicle and deposits some color inside (even dark shades like brown or red). Toner is meant to lay on top of the hair, kinda like hair spray. So I use permanent toners all the time with a 10 developer because with hair nothing is truly permanent. 😉 The thing to keep in mind is toner will never lighten, it will only slightly affect the color (yellow, orange, etc) you put it on. So if you are still needing to get whiter or lighter, the only way to do that is with bleach. The Platinum Lace does have a hint of gray/lavender undertone and that's why I like it for my yellow hair but if you are wanting a truer white I recommend ion's Snow Cap toner. It's a brighter, truer white. Also, I don't use purple shampoo, like ever. I just tone again if my blonde is getting a little dull or brassy. I hope I answered your questions! Thanks for commenting! Good luck!

• @lifeofaseven

@@one_leg_b1tch549 omg!!! You just brought this all together for me like totally a missing puzzle piece that I did not understand
      So you're saying I can use the permanent hair color, and just use the 10 volume developer with it....?
      And it will be as safe as pretty much using a demi-permanent?
      And yeah I do realize there's differences between actual hair toners and then the hair colors that we use as toners...
      But I had a girl doing my hair for about 20 years and I've had to do it on my own for the last two and I remember her specifically telling me to go after demi-permanent when I toned, and to be really careful about that
      But I didn't realize I could use any of them and just make sure I use that 10 volume developer because it won't activate lyft?
      Just trying to clarify...
      If that's the case I'm super happy because that really opens my options for toners up!!
      Because here in my city at our Sally's beauty supply they really don't have a great selection of demi-permanent colors that I could use for toning
      I think they have a Wella brand and then some of the ions are demi-permanent
      But they just don't have a lot of great shades
      Most everything I really needed was permanent...
      And it seems like in the ion I did see a level 10 AV
      And that's what I really wanted like the Ash and violet mixed together
      But it said permanent so I stayed away from it 😭
      And thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!!
      Because I'm wanting to go back like tomorrow and be able to pick out something right for me, and I'm so broke half the time I've got to be really careful with my money I don't want to make a bad choice
      Thanks for explaining the differences...
      I really love how yours turned out!! That's a beautiful shade..
      I do like the really icy White for sure....
      I may go back and go after the one you used in this video and try that one...
      Because right now my hair is about up as high as I'm going to be able to get it .... It's a pale pale yellow and it has more yellow than orange or brass
      There's a little orangie streaks here and there but nothing major
      If it was more brassy I would definitely take it up again but it's there it's at that pale yellow it needs to be at so now all I need is another really great toner
      So I guess I better get used to experimenting... If I'm going to be doing my own hair...
      I just don't have the money to spend on buying two different toners and trying to mix them to find the right shade or anything
      I just want to find that one that's just right for my hair..
      Oh and that's really good to know, I didn't think about that either...
      Just tone it in the future when it starts looking brassy and stuff...
      Because yeah that does start to come back through after a while.
      Okay cool, well thank you so much, you've really helped me a lot. 🙂
      And so even though I just bleached it twice this week and already put a toner on it...
      Since that's been a couple days do you think it's okay for me to go ahead and go back and get a different toner that I like better and put that on now?
      I'm pretty sure that would be okay..
      Thanks again...💯

• @lifeofaseven

@@one_leg_b1tch549 oh one more thing I forgot to clarify...
      So if I buy the ones that actually say permanent on them...
      It's cool to go ahead and use them safely, just make sure to use a 10 volume developer with it right?
      Because perhaps the ion brand the permanent selection doesn't have an already built in 20 volume developer but I think...
      And I'll say that again I THINK.... Not really for certain, that many of the permanent colors have 20 volume already mixed into it and they come ready to go you don't have to mix some of them with anything...
      Maybe ion isn't like that...
      I know with mine yesterday the ion demi-permanent I had to use a developer to go with it
      So if the permanent shades are like that and it's not already built into it oh hell yes then I'm in business!!
      I can go back and get one of those great shades and just use the 10 volume like you said and not have to worry about it. 🙂
      Bet. Okay sorry for bugging you, I'm just so glad I ran across your video...
      And got some answers on this..
      Because out of all the tons of videos out there to study sometimes it can still be hard to put these little questions together all the way..
      And the girls at Sally's it's weird but they're just really not that knowledgeable most of them and not even very helpful
      I've only found one that was actually helpful, but really none of the girls out there seem to have that much knowledge about bleaching..
      And I don't get to talk to my old hairdresser that much anymore so..
      Glad to find someone that knows what they're doing that can clue me in. 😉

• @one_leg_b1tch549
      @one_leg_b1tch549  2 роки тому +1

@@lifeofaseven yes some toners are just ready to go from the box BUT I've used 10 developer with toners so many times I don't even read the boxes anymore! Lol. With a 10 developer the hair tones pretty much immediately! I usually apply as quickly as possible all over and if I'm seeing the result I want in the mirror I only wait as long as it takes me to get the water turned on before I rinse off. The biggest trick I've found for keeping hair color or toner longer is using a sulfate free shampoo and using my conditioner like a leave in with just a hint of conditioner while my hair is still wet. As for Sally's, they want to be helpful but I usually only ask them to help me find what I'm looking for if I don't see it on the shelf! They can't possibly predict what my hair will look like with certain products if they have no idea how frequently I bleach or color or wash it... unfortunately, the diy world is mostly trial and error! Lol.

• @lifeofaseven

@@one_leg_b1tch549 gotcha!! 🙂 Thanks again ... I think I'm going with the one you did...
      I'm gonna get it today or tomorrow..

• @Rykerprime1030
    @Rykerprime1030 2 роки тому +2

40 volume!! My hair would fall out lol

• @one_leg_b1tch549
      @one_leg_b1tch549  2 роки тому

Hahaha yeah, I don't recommend it...my hair grows really fast and I don't mind chopping it off, so my hair videos are more for entertainment. Lol.