Is a compact tractor the right tool for pulling large tree stumps? TYM T25

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 сер 2024
  • After cutting down 30 plus large pine trees, the hard work begins. I may have over estimated what the TYM T25 could accomplish.
    Contact us via email : devaultfamilyliving@gmail.com
    Follow and Like our Facebook page : / devaultfamilyliving

КОМЕНТАРІ • 33

• @denisedevault2793
    @denisedevault2793 Рік тому +3

Looking good, great job! Everything will come together at the right time.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  Рік тому +2

Thank you, and thanks for all your help with it. Couldn't get this far without ya.

• @RandyWatson80
    @RandyWatson80 Рік тому

It’s worth it if you want to play with a tractor. I’m 42 and have a tractor with the 2505. Stressful job and using the tractor for anything makes me smile. I turn into myself as a kid.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  Рік тому

LOL. I can't deny the fun part. Being on the tractor is my happy place as well.

• @stanleyconrad4234
    @stanleyconrad4234 Рік тому +1

I agree on the fun factor. Sometimes you just have to enjoy your efforts. The results are always what we hope for, but you learned something.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  Рік тому +1

I'm like a little boy with a new toy every time I start that tractor up. My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner. Thanks for watching, and have a great day.

• @stanleyconrad4234

@@DevaultFamilyLiving My enjoyment is delayed. I have an RK25 TLB + grapple awaiting my return north. In my winter residence in SWFL at the moment. Big enough for my needs/wants, should be a joy to use.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving

@@stanleyconrad4234 unfortunately mine is on hold as well. It is cold here in Michigan, not to mention the ground is very wet. That kind of puts a damper on things without tearing up the ground. At least until it freezes, and then there isn't much you can do anyway. You can send some of that FL sunshine up this way. We won't complain.

• @stanleyconrad4234

@@DevaultFamilyLiving I’m a MI snowbird as well. Due to my property being somewhat in the woods it remains wet/soft into May. Not true of much of the state, but my truth. I have to pack my fun into the 6 months of road repair season. I’m fortunate in that my wings still work!

• @garycox7508
    @garycox7508 Рік тому +1

I'll add to the 2025R comparison. In fact, I have a JD 2025R and I recently had a similar project where I removed 8 stumps of about that size. Half were live-oaks and the half of various species. I went through the same calculation of "do I put my little tractor through all of this?" versus "how much would it cost to rent a bigger machine and/or hire this out?" I still have a year of bumper-to-bumper warranty left, so I went for it knowing that I could always call in the cavalry if I wound up not being able to handle it with the 2025R, and I loved every minute of it over the 3 afternoons it took me. I bought the tractor with these kinds of projects in mind during the clearing phase of our new house build...which I figure will eventually get the tractor to pay for itself if I ignore the opportunity cost of my own labor (which is valid since it's fun therefore not actually "work" LOL). And then, when it's done...I still have a tractor to mow the lawn and do upkeep stuff "for free" after the house gets built. I enjoyed the video and I am your newest subscriber. Keep up the good work!

• @DevaultFamilyLiving

Thanks for subscribing and thank you for watching. It sure is a lot of fun digging them out. Definitely can't say I don't enjoy it. I ended up taking out more then 10 (if memory serves me I believe it was 12) last fall. Part of me wants to finish it off myself. Unfortunately it I am only able to get there on the weekends right now so that kind of limits my time of each project. If the ones I have left weren't so close together I could probably do them rather quickly. But because they are close together all the roots are intertwined which makes it much more difficult and time consuming. Plus momma is anxious to get moving on some other projects. My neighbor has a buddy with a really big excavator and doozer, and he is giving me a pretty good deal on getting the rest out. So I'll give the little tractor a break and move on to other projects. Again, thanks for stopping by. Much appreciated.

• @ocd7036
    @ocd7036 Рік тому +2

That's a great tractor

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  Рік тому +4

It has done everything that I asked it to do, and even more then I expected in some cases. Really pleased with it so far. Thanks for watching, and have a great day.

• @lexiedevault8788
    @lexiedevault8788 Рік тому +2

Looking good!

• @derriecklewis5242
    @derriecklewis5242 Рік тому

Leaf blower on the fire will help.
    Trees up to a certain size, will push over easily with the tractor. Easy stump removal.

• @JerrelBaker-vo8xv
    @JerrelBaker-vo8xv 9 місяців тому

Do what my grand dad told me. Drill hole in stumps then poor salt and butter milk in cover with " Korner sag" plastic now a days. Let in set 6 months to a year. Then burn it.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  9 місяців тому

I thought about something similar but ended up taking them out right away

• @kellywilson8440
    @kellywilson8440 Рік тому +2

I think for that job i would rent a backhoe and save your tractor the headache !

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  Рік тому +3

I completely agree. I was going to rent a excavator but my neighbor's buddy offered to take the rest of them out for less then I could rent one. So needless to say he got the job. Thanks for watching, and have a great day.

• @kellywilson8440
      @kellywilson8440 Рік тому +2

@@DevaultFamilyLiving Roger that and good video !

• @andyalderson7570
    @andyalderson7570 Рік тому +1

At 6:10... The loader should be able to withstand whatever force the tractor it is attached to can deliver from "pushing". (Ramming is a different story) In my opinion, if you can't PUSH against something with your loader, it's only good for carrying things and you might consider looking at a different brand or model because the one you're using is not built well. This loader is supposed to have a lift capacity that exceed the JD of similar size so I would expect it to be fairly robust.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  Рік тому +2

There is no need for me to get a different brand. So far, this tractor has been better than I expected. I agree ramming is not what is designed for. From my experience, the loader far exceeds its lift capacity, and IMO, the tractor can handle more than the loader can. Just got to use some common sense. I have been guilty of ignoring that a time or two.

• @billr4677
    @billr4677 5 місяців тому

Which grapple did u buy. And what size.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  5 місяців тому

The grapple is a claw grapple from Tar River Mfg and it is a 54". I believe that the model number is a CCG54

• @javiertorres7460
    @javiertorres7460 8 місяців тому

What size grapple is that? That one you got on

• @DevaultFamilyLiving
      @DevaultFamilyLiving  8 місяців тому

It is a 54" from Tar River Implements. It is what was available from the dealer I bought the tractor from. Has been pretty decent. I have slightly bent one or two of the tines, but was able to straighten them back out.

• @angusblack9900
    @angusblack9900 Рік тому

What rpm are running when you use the backhole

• @DevaultFamilyLiving

It varies depending on what I am doing. But for this project I think I was running mostly around 2000 -2500. I am pretty new at the backhoe so sometime I drop the RPM down so that I don't get all the jerkyness on lighter projects.

• @angusblack9900
      @angusblack9900 Рік тому

@DFL I have a mx5100 Kubota hydrostatic. I have been working on my pond. Trying to dig it out with the fel. Takes a lot of trips. I was wondering about renting a mini excavator. Don't won't wear my tractor out but at the same time I need to use it. Bought it new in 2010 have less than 900 easy hrs.

• @DevaultFamilyLiving

@@angusblack9900 I understand the train of thought. I think the same way. But with this project there is about 25 trees. I did end up taking out about 10 of them, but they were the easy ones. Most of the rest of them have root balls that are inner twinned and pretty close together and that will only make it more difficult. Only being there on weekend and vacation days would take up to much time for me. So I will just bite the bullet and pay someone for this one project. God knows I have many more to do.

• @jamesstark3892
    @jamesstark3892 3 місяці тому

A T25 is a sub compact, not compact