Drone Doom Metal / Life Pedal + Kuro T120

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 вер 2024
  • Signal Chain:
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s (Drop A# tuning, 52 gauge, wound g)
    Life Pedal Clone (Parentheses Fuzz PCB)
    Kuro T120 (Matamp GT120 Preamp Pedal)
    Orange Crush Pro 120 Fx return
    Twonotes Torpedo captor into Logic
    #doommetal #sludgemetal #stonerrock

КОМЕНТАРІ • 41

• @acebantz7649
    @acebantz7649 Рік тому +3

Is that the actual eq cut on the track? If so thanks for including that

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +2

this guitar tone in particular needed some harshness tamed. -5 dB at 4600 Hz and -5 dB at 5100 Hz. also a low-pass filter

• @timolaitila1639
    @timolaitila1639 Рік тому +3

I know this is about the sound but I've liked the videos were you show yourself playing guitar (mimicked or not, I don't care) little better. Still very nice sound and playing, thumb up from me

• @Sfixterman17000
    @Sfixterman17000 Рік тому +3

Sounds like Sunn O)))

• @TheDeedeeFiles
    @TheDeedeeFiles Рік тому +2

Awesome tones man

• @BubbaZanetti_375
    @BubbaZanetti_375 Рік тому +2

Dude, that sounds fucking sick as hell. I love it! 🤘🏻🇸🇪

• @mikerauter1859
    @mikerauter1859 Рік тому +2

You are a doom metal King bro, not much more I can say

• @redsunstudiomixrec5017
    @redsunstudiomixrec5017 Рік тому

Dude try titanica brittannica
    from two notes you will thank me later

• @j2328
    @j2328 Рік тому +1

The only thing more doom than Orange, Sunn & Matamp - is all three at the same time 👌

• @Bl4cksky76
    @Bl4cksky76 Рік тому +1

Gnarly man!!! You should make a tab for that!

• @electricmeatpuppet
    @electricmeatpuppet Рік тому +3

Awesome, been super keen for this one. Would love to hear more with this pedal in particular. Currently debating between getting the EAE Model Fet and the KuroT120... maybe both haha...

• @CTripodi1965
    @CTripodi1965 Рік тому +1

That is music to my ears. I have the version one Kuro T120, it sounds really good for Stoner, Doom, Stoner Doom, and Sludge. I also have the Kuro Exegol, which is based on the Sunn O))) Model T amp, which is a dead ringer for that amp, you will not get a better preamp pedal, period. I use that with either the Cosmic Terror Effects Sonic Doom, or the Fuzzlord Effects Drone Master along with Does It Doom's Hypercoven and Doomcaster boost to get that Sunn O))) drone tone since I don't have the Life Pedal V3. Most recently I have been stacking the Kuro T120 with Does It Doom's Elder God and a guitar drop tuned to drop F, Conan tone. Look forward to your next video.

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому

thanks for the advice. i think the exegol is next for me

• @jev138
    @jev138 Рік тому

Badass. I’m gonna run these 2 tomm night now that I’ve seen this. What’s the settings for the sunn ? 3 clips modes. I had my kuro just about the same when I checked

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +1

thabks, i think it was opamp

• @Vegadelujan
    @Vegadelujan Рік тому +2

Thank you very much for this review, we can check the perfect tone of the Kuro t120 in low and mid gain. Like others, I can't decide between the Kuro Exegol (or ModelFet or any sunn jfet preamp) and the Kuro T120. What significant differences would be between both in low and mid gain? both keep transparency and thickness? Is the grain of the T120 more noticeable?
    Thanks man for these videos, it makes my days better.

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +1

thanks. havent tried the Exegol, but i probably will get it at some point. Its sounds the closest (of all other pedals) to the real model t , judging by the demos. I have built a clone of the ModelFet, and it sounds great but is a bit muddy in the lows, but the KuroT120 sounds more like an amp, and has better breakup. Here is a demo of the kuro at 2/3 gain. ua-cam.com/users/shortsdrzRxGp4Nys

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +2

also, there are some videos floating around on facebook of the Kuro creator, A/B testing the T120 against the real Matamp GT120 that it was based on. Its impossible to hear a difference, its THAT close.

• @CTripodi1965
      @CTripodi1965 Рік тому +1

Kuro Exegol. No contest. Model feT has no Presence knob and has no option for 18V power adapter. Exegol is a dead ringer for the Sunn O))) Model T amp.

• @Vegadelujan
      @Vegadelujan Рік тому

@@DoomTones Thank you for your detailed answers, this helps a lot. Kuro's videos comparing the Matamp to his pedal are amazing, it's really close! I also have the GT73 in mind, btw made very close to my city in Spain. We'll see, but absolutely this could be the right tone. A pleasure to listen to you!

• @Vegadelujan
      @Vegadelujan Рік тому

​@@CTripodi1965 Thanks, I really appreciate your advice. I didn't consider the possibilities of that presence knob. Does it brings more high-mids and highs?
      Also known Giulio Favaro is extremely perfectionist!!

• @matthewlagrange3000
    @matthewlagrange3000 Рік тому +1

Is that Pelican? I can't place it...

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +1

dont know any pelican songs, this is just some random improvisational riffing.

• @matthewlagrange3000
      @matthewlagrange3000 Рік тому +1

@@DoomTones You might enjoy them. Heavy, but no minor anything. Almost orchestral.

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +1

@@matthewlagrange3000 i definitely know the band, good instrumental stuff. I meant i don't know any riffs/songs by them. I used to listen to instrumental stuff like this back in the day before i got into slugde.

• @matthewlagrange3000
      @matthewlagrange3000 Рік тому

@@DoomTones always amazing videos. Great production value!

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому

@@matthewlagrange3000 thanks a lot! i appreciate that! 👍

• @kurocustomaudio
    @kurocustomaudio Рік тому +1

Nice!!!

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +1

Wow, really happy that you saw the video! Thank you for making such an amazing piece of gear. This pedal really is truly incredible!

• @kurocustomaudio
      @kurocustomaudio Рік тому +1

@@DoomTones glad you like it! There's some awesome stuff on your channel!

• @Combustion47
    @Combustion47 Рік тому

I loves this shit 🤘🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• @russiangoose7053
    @russiangoose7053 Рік тому

Have you seen the Ground FX Grayskull? Its inspired by the Life pedal but instead of octave up it has a sub octave. To me that alone makes it much cooler but that's just me because I'm not a fan of octave up and I'm in a one guitar band with no bassist. It's also a digital sub octave so it tracks really well

• @DoomTones
      @DoomTones  Рік тому +1

nope, havent heard of that pedal, will check it out, sounds cool. Im not a big fan of octave up either. I actually only use the boost on the life pedal, i run a real RAT into it.

• @russiangoose7053
      @russiangoose7053 Рік тому

@@DoomTones fuzzed drones has a pretty good demo of the latest version. I believe it also lets you run either side independently, so you can have just the distortion on or just the sub octave on. Its a pretty neat pedal and definitely on my list to get in the future along with Electronic Audio Experiments Halberd.