Glorious Doom Tones! Kuro T120

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 вер 2024
  • ‪@kurocustomaudio‬ ‪@ReverendguitarsDetroit‬
    Checking out the Kuro T120, probably one of the most fun "amp in a box" pedals Ive tried recently. Sounds great on all my amps and direct to two notes cab m
    #kurot120 #matamp #doommetal #guitarpedaldemo #guitarist #guitarlife

КОМЕНТАРІ • 64

• @slctdmbntwrx
    @slctdmbntwrx 14 днів тому +1

From the Kuro demo, I was pretty blown away, but this video made me pull the trigger on it, hopefully have a tracking # in the next day or so. I dunno man, I could be wrong, I hope not, but to my ears the T120 alone sounds like the closest I can get to Windhand tones without buying a Matamp. I think the Baghdad sounds nice, but it comes across kinda like just a distortion pedal where the Kuro you can really dial in and sculpt the tone from tight to just blown out, and I hate to use the word "authentic" but it really does sound like a matamp to me with that kinda voltage sag or whatever it is that makes it sound so raw, unlike fizzy boring rectifiers, even when I had an orange ad30 I was still like, shit man this is not a matamp lol. Will see how it pans out. Thanks again for this epic vid! ✌

• @CTripodi1965
    @CTripodi1965 Рік тому +2

Love this preamp pedal. Sounds great with every dirt pedal I have stacked in front of it, including boosts.

• @mikerauter1859
    @mikerauter1859 Рік тому +2

Great in depth demo bro, certainly versatile within the stoner doom spectrum

• @Steve-bv6bt
    @Steve-bv6bt 2 місяці тому

These sound awesome!! I used to have one and I plan on getting another. I used mine with lower gain settings but it's fun to dime everything and let her rip. Tons of low end on tap! I would usually leave the depth setting in the fourth position and the drive in the third

• @TheDistortionPrinciple
      @TheDistortionPrinciple  2 місяці тому

@@Steve-bv6bt they work so well with low gain and boosting with other pedals

• @C0nnie
    @C0nnie Рік тому +1

I've had my eye on one of these for years! What made you get one of these first, instead of say a Does it Doom Giza or DA120? peace from NY

@TheDistortionPrinciple  Рік тому +1

This one happened to be sitting in a local guitar center so i grabbed it first

• @mistershabadoo
    @mistershabadoo Рік тому +1

GOT-DAYUM, that intro tune! 🤘🤘💪💪
    The Kuro straight rips! It’s one of the best I’ve heard.

• @ToneNailer
    @ToneNailer Місяць тому

Gonna blooze hard with this🤣🤣🤣

• @rmmancham9137
    @rmmancham9137 7 місяців тому

Which is better to you the Woodrite , Reverend or Yamaha mid Revstar?

@TheDistortionPrinciple  7 місяців тому

Reverstar for sheer price difference would win but money being no problem then a warlord.

• @jaywishmaster1984
    @jaywishmaster1984 Рік тому +1

Try through the power amp of the orange.

• @LeftHandedRightHanded
    @LeftHandedRightHanded Рік тому +2

Holy shit, that is one crunchy taco

• @kurocustomaudio
    @kurocustomaudio Рік тому +2

Cool, thanks!

• @deadwhip
    @deadwhip 7 місяців тому

What cab was used in video?
    I have cab m too and still searching perfect doom cab) at now like uber 75 with some eq moves

@TheDistortionPrinciple  7 місяців тому +1

Probably the orange hp cab. Its my go to doom cab

• @deadwhip
      @deadwhip 7 місяців тому

@@TheDistortionPrinciple thank you!
      Is it DynIR cab or just IR ?

@TheDistortionPrinciple  7 місяців тому +1

@@deadwhip its a dynIR so you can test it out

• @throgwarhammer7162
    @throgwarhammer7162 8 місяців тому

I caved and bought one today. I've been wanting a GT120, but it's just too expensive and too loud for my situation. This might be the next best thing. It sounds awesome.

• @Justandra7
    @Justandra7 Рік тому

Sounds awesome, I own a Kuro 120 as well, what picks ups do you have installed in your guitar?

• @greenhandgeezer
    @greenhandgeezer Рік тому

HAYELL YEAH! Ive got one of these too! You demo all the dope doom pedals man!🤙

• @harryanderson7282
    @harryanderson7282 Рік тому

Try putting a tube screamer in front of the fuzz. ;)

• @michaelorourke7032
    @michaelorourke7032 Рік тому

Excellent video man. I really enjoyed how you go through the entire spectrum of that pedals capabilities. It has a lot to offer for the price tag you are getting a very realistic sounding preamp pedal. I have owned a matamp miniMat. I have also owned a matamp GT 120 green, which does pedal does have a lot of unique similarities to what the matamp does sound like. But I can honestly say from experience the matamps get to really start to sound good when you get the volume past four. From what I understand most people that purchased one put it on a credit card and pay it off for 5 years LOL there are some on the used Market but they hold their value and for the prices they charge you just better off ordering a new one from the website and waiting six months for it to be built and sent.

Yes i figured id i was gonna do it i wanted to show it fully

• @michaelorourke7032
      @michaelorourke7032 Рік тому

@@TheDistortionPrinciple I can honestly say this is the first preamp pedal I have seen a demo of that actually sounds like the amplifier it is made to sound like. I know that for a while everyone was trying to come out with a Matt Pike in a box pedal ala the Sleep dopesmoker guitar sound. And I have tried 3 or 4 pedals by other makers that came kind of close but not as close as this. If I didn't have so much music gear I would buy one of these in a heartbeat. Maybe down the road once I unload some of the pedals and guitars I have for sale

• @erikw3128
    @erikw3128 Рік тому

What guitar is that?

• @TheDom122
    @TheDom122 Рік тому

That is monstrous, great demo. Would you plug this in front of amp or effects loop?

Both. Its a bit dsrker and low gain in the loop. More biting and aggressive up front bit both sounded great

• @TheDom122
      @TheDom122 Рік тому

@@TheDistortionPrinciple Thanks for the reply. Love the channel only found it the other day but been watching so many of your videos, keep up the good work, your up there with does it doom 👍

@@TheDom122 wow!!! Thanks

• @jesse7852
    @jesse7852 Рік тому

Nice, you damn enabler! I just ordered one based on this. It sounds totally rad, and other pedals I’ve bought based on your reviews are keepers. Thanks for doing what you do

@TheDistortionPrinciple  Рік тому

You just ordered from me 😆

Actually if you're interested in saving fees and taxes let me know. I can sell it to you outside of reverb for the same prices minus taxes and fees. Up to you!

• @jesse7852
      @jesse7852 Рік тому

No shit! It’s ok man.

• @jesse7852
      @jesse7852 Рік тому

I’ll just stick with the reverb thing. I’ve always wanted a matamp but I don’t have the cash to burn on one

@@jesse7852 all good!

• @christopherkennedy873
    @christopherkennedy873 Рік тому

🤘🎸💥

Its a badass pedal

• @christopherkennedy873
      @christopherkennedy873 Рік тому

Yes it is! Nice work!
      BTW - got that KS-1 (twin to yours) currently set up with a duesenberg les trem ii (and a string butler) - all settled in - surprisingly stable 🤘💥

@@christopherkennedy873 oh nice. I never considered putting a string butler on it but that could be fun.

• @electricmeatpuppet
    @electricmeatpuppet Рік тому

So good. How do you feel about this compared to something like the EAE Model Fet out of curiosity? Either of those + RAT and/or Big Muff is pretty much tone heaven for me too :)

@TheDistortionPrinciple  Рік тому +3

Id say fet is more scooped with more high end sizzle and the kuro is more full and mid focused with a smoother high end

• @MackTheKnifeSlowly
      @MackTheKnifeSlowly 9 місяців тому

​@TheDistortionPrinciple does the modelFET have more clean headroom? The Kuro seems like it's distorted from the jump.

• @electricmeatpuppet
      @electricmeatpuppet 9 місяців тому

@@MackTheKnifeSlowly I actually have both in my rig now... with an ABY... id say the model fet has plenty (prob more) headroom, but the Kuro also has quite a bit... depending on which setting you have it on (there are four drive settings)
      They both also emulate the poweramp distortion (if turned up), but he the Kuro has more poweramp distortion than the fet imo... but the fet is kinda more versatile with it's brite and normal gain and also with it's three band tone stack. Both brilliant in their own way... together... amazing.

• @Yourguitarchannelsucks
    @Yourguitarchannelsucks Рік тому

Heavy tone.