Recirculating Filter Replacement KW T680

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 1 вер 2019
  • Hey guy's today we are replacing the recirculating filter on the 2014 T680. This little maintenance item honestly has been looked over and doesn't get done at the normal maintenance intervals. At least not at the TA's i would recommend replacing this filer every oil change or every other depending on how often it gets clogged and if you have pet's in the truck.
    Paccar Part # w2084001
    #Paccar #T680 #A/CRepair
  • Навчання та стиль

КОМЕНТАРІ • 61

• @SgtJamesRay
    @SgtJamesRay 3 роки тому +3

GOOD JOB!!!!! I went looking for that filter and couldn't find it! No one I talked to even knew it was there! Dam, THANK YOU!!!!!
    I don't know about the other driver but my 2019 t680 does infact have a crapy radio. I just got a brand new one under warranty and it has the same problem.
    One of which is the usb. If I leave it in and start the truck it errors out the whole sys where it locks up.
    If my Tab which is hooked up BT rings due to my phone the radio locks up again til you shut the trk off.
    The dealership says they have had other things to and that it is indeed a bad design. Yes I do have exp with computers and no it's not asking too much of the sys. I had the same on my 2005 Jetta and my t2000 with and aftermarket sys.
    If your not having any probs I think that's great!! But the sys as it is does have some issues.

• @AdventuresOfChrisAndJane
      @AdventuresOfChrisAndJane  3 роки тому +1

Glad it helped you out I couldn't believe the results honestly and thanks for letting me know about the Radio

• @ElMugroso88
    @ElMugroso88 Рік тому +1

😱😱 that filter you can changed outside has his own compartment

• @johanagiraldo5527
    @johanagiraldo5527 2 місяці тому

Thank you

• @supertruckerrolling
    @supertruckerrolling 3 роки тому

Very well done driver. I need to change mine as I get lots of dust which I hate. I brush off my dash daily ( makeup brush works great) and am always wiping stuff down.
    Thanks

@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane  3 роки тому

@supertruckerolling, Thank you! Hope it works out for you. Yeah we wanted a brush by the step, but our dog uses the step and was afraid of her slipping. Thanks for the idea on the makeup brush!

• @temoaguil1830
    @temoaguil1830 3 роки тому +1

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOU VIDEO,I WILL CHANGE MY FILTER NOW👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• @demeatricewarren4065
    @demeatricewarren4065 4 роки тому +1

Didn't know there was one there till I seen your video and when I checked it there was no filter it's a filter in now I'm glad I ran across your video

@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane  4 роки тому +1

Wow that's crazy to think that there was no filter enjoy the filtered air lol

• @demeatricewarren4065
      @demeatricewarren4065 4 роки тому +1

@@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane I know right lol well I bought it use

• @burningdaylightfarmsnc1329
    @burningdaylightfarmsnc1329 3 роки тому +2

Thank you for posting this. Outstanding video.
    Shame that KW built the truck around the recirculating filter. 🤦‍♂️

• @PerfectionC100
    @PerfectionC100 11 місяців тому

Thanks man you saved me and the kids

• @rent361
    @rent361 2 роки тому +1

Great video! Gonna go do mine. It’s doing the same. Ac on high, blowing very little

• @mrbryguy5831
    @mrbryguy5831 Рік тому +1

Nice job I did this and some how my glove box handle broke off as I was reinstalling the dash and panels Lmfao but also everyone especially with pets should pop that floor panel off weekly and sweep out vacuum the dirty dust hair etc maybe hit the rubber mat with some Fabuloso all purpose cleaner help that filter last longer and the air fresh👌🏾

• @al_coholic752
    @al_coholic752 2 роки тому

Unfortunately I don't own my 2019 kw t680 I change trucks often but excellent tip for this upcoming summer. I'm going to suggest that to my company mechanic because I live in El Paso TX and I deliver a lot of loads in Phoenix. You make it look simple but lots of patience. 👍

• @EL_M5
    @EL_M5 Рік тому

Thank you for this video 👍🏽

• @samjackson2505
    @samjackson2505 Рік тому

Great video now know problem

• @slacefield26
    @slacefield26 4 роки тому +1

Great video!

• @nicolasosteguin5440
    @nicolasosteguin5440 Рік тому +1

Glory be to Christ for you bro‼️🙌💯

• @bigorange673
    @bigorange673 2 роки тому +1

A/c blows out the vents, but the defrost won’t blow. Barely tell if heat coming thur.

• @rs3maniac178
      @rs3maniac178 2 роки тому

That's going to be the blend door actuator. It gets stripped out on the door actuator is usually still good. Only way to fix it is to remove the entire dash and drop the steering wheel. It's not a fun job took me 2 days but I can use my blend doors now. Good luck.

• @Casualgaming763
    @Casualgaming763 Місяць тому

There is a plastic on the inside blocking the flow of air that I did not see in yours. When I look at yours you can see from inside the plastic mash with opening where the filter goes on the outside mine has a plastic covering that. It looks like is supossed to be there but how come yours doesnt have that. Don't wanna take it out though

• @mariomc91
      @mariomc91 Місяць тому

You have to turn on the ac and it moves by itself. Hahaha having the same issue

• @paulshamblin6260
    @paulshamblin6260 3 роки тому +5

Great video thank you for posting. Poor design by KW engineers. That looks like a huge pain in the ass.

• @davidkattan1275
    @davidkattan1275 Рік тому

Nice! I have that problem! Gonna work on it tomorrow! Inaddtion, any tips on smart air apu stuff? My sleeper is not blowing cold air. Could it be a filter related problem?

• @joeybenton8986
    @joeybenton8986 3 роки тому +1

If you have a dog you definitely need to change it great tip thanks

• @TYRANTS-EXPOSED
    @TYRANTS-EXPOSED 3 роки тому +3

Thanks for the video, this saved me from getting all pissed off. But im pissed anyways because it's such a pain in the ass. They cant just make it easy like a caterpillar loader.

I'm glad it helped but your right it's a pain after 2 or 3 times you can do it in like 10 minutes

• @edgarvazquez2486
    @edgarvazquez2486 3 роки тому

Why do u got check engine light on ... it's deleted I got the same truck

Our truck was never deleted it had all it's emissions still intact we planned on deleting it later on when our warranty expired

• @bradleybryan5568
    @bradleybryan5568 10 місяців тому

This guy is smarter than the average bear.

• @lil357mag
    @lil357mag 4 роки тому +2

You should also replace that horrible radio

@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane  4 роки тому

What's horrible about it

• @supertruckerrolling
      @supertruckerrolling 3 роки тому +1

So the guy puts out a very helpful video and you gotta comment about a radio. Maybe he doesn't feel the need to be better than the rest. How about compliment the guy? You sir are part of the problem in the industry, probably one of those guys who watches someone struggle backing in while filming mocking him. Get a life

• @khurramshaikh9038
    @khurramshaikh9038 3 роки тому

What year is your kenworth t680?

• @user-wf1ke7oy7u
    @user-wf1ke7oy7u 3 роки тому

One cuestión where is the ben door actor

They are behind the dash in the t680 there's a total of 5 all of which are the same apparently when I get a chance I'll make a video using someone's truck

• @edwinmonterroza7426
    @edwinmonterroza7426 Рік тому

This video just popped up just when I’m having the same issue. Thank you

• @MrWhite-fo3es
    @MrWhite-fo3es 2 роки тому

Whats the part number

• @jaket6803
    @jaket6803 2 роки тому +2

Dude what in the world are you doing? You didn’t have to take off the handle. 😂😂 nor take the fan off

• @davidkattan1275
      @davidkattan1275 Рік тому

Lmfao! I noticed that too! But for the purpose of showing us the location of the recirculating filters and the idea of how it works, it's a great video.
      I gotta a question for you since you seem to project to know more than a dude who took the time to make a great video. Q: my sleeper on my Pete 579 is blowing air but its just not cold.
      Any suggestions on where the problem is?

• @ervinveljacic8566
      @ervinveljacic8566 11 місяців тому

I changed all the filters , blower and knobs and mine still doesnt bloe max like its on 1, any idea? Is there a resistor for it??

• @Thetoypoodlefamily
    @Thetoypoodlefamily Рік тому +1

Brother you can easily change your filter there is no need to take out your blower so please stop misguiding.🙏🏼

@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane  Рік тому +2

Well from what ive seen and heard from people its alot easier with it out of the way and seeing as this video is so short its not like its an hour job to take the blower out. But hey im glad it worked for you man.

• @rickkorallus1162
    @rickkorallus1162 4 місяці тому

My forearm isn’t fitting back there to seat the filter properly! 2023 T680 Next Gen, not so next generation! It has the same system as yours! 😂🤬

• @TYRANTS-EXPOSED
    @TYRANTS-EXPOSED 3 роки тому +2

What a pain in the ass.

Yup

• @TYRANTS-EXPOSED
      @TYRANTS-EXPOSED 3 роки тому

@@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane I'm just pissed because I have to do it 😒 😂

• @TYRANTS-EXPOSED
      @TYRANTS-EXPOSED 3 роки тому

@@AdventuresOfChrisAndJane but I appreciate you posting this, at least I won't be tearing everything apart just to be more 😡🤣

• @rs3maniac178
      @rs3maniac178 2 роки тому

Thats nothing. Try replacing the blend door. You have to remove entire dash and drop the steering column to the seat!

• @BadCactusJones
    @BadCactusJones Рік тому

If you don't have a t20. Go sit back in the trailer.