TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Wireless VDSL router as shipped July 2018 (Sagemcom FAST 5364-3.T8)

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 4 лип 2018
  • **Please Subscribe: UA-cam have required creators, like me, to have at least 1000 subscribers!**
    A video of the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Sagem FAST 5364 Wireless VDSL router as shipped July 2018 showing labels, lights, buttons and connectors.
    A video on the admin interface is here:
    • Web admin interface of...
  • Навчання та стиль

КОМЕНТАРІ • 207

• @samiulislam0414
    @samiulislam0414 5 років тому +34

Speeds are good of this router but the issue am having is that it doesn’t even reach everywere around the house. The way talk talk advertised it seemed like it will reach the moon 😞

• @motin51980
      @motin51980 5 років тому +2

ELITE GAMER L😂😂L

• @goldenbtw1397
      @goldenbtw1397 4 роки тому

It's not working for all apps

• @Philipdalegadd
      @Philipdalegadd 3 роки тому +1

You literally get speeds of 200mbps with virgin media talktalk is a joke

• @caidenonfridge8826
      @caidenonfridge8826 3 роки тому

You need to spread your antennas out and remove other things that can interfere with the strong connection like printers,microwaves basically anything that sends radiation waves

• @dumpy8418
    @dumpy8418 3 роки тому +20

That piece of garbage router is the bane of my existence

• @stephenhookings1985
      @stephenhookings1985 3 роки тому

Seems to be the norm. I would settle for a list of 3rd party devices that one could use that has decent wireless, USB and 1GB ethernet. If one goes to their forums such questions get pushed to "get a replacement from Talk talk".

• @thunderpot
    @thunderpot 4 роки тому +1

Is this a router or a hub or what layer of the osi model does it operate? It's advertised on talk talks website as a hub but has router written on the back of it. The reason I ask is that even though it has mu-mimo, hubs operate at half duplex and routers full duplex. There is not much information on the specs on talk talks website and I want to know if it is full duplex or not.

• @freename
      @freename  4 роки тому

It's a router but BT, TalkTalk and Sky seem to call their routers Hubs for marketing points. What interface do you want to know the duplex of? Ethernet, DSL or WiFi?

• @olarbogdan5832
    @olarbogdan5832 5 років тому

Bro what is your speed of internet because i'm curious mine need to come in 2weeks :(

• @stefenski
    @stefenski 5 років тому

Does the WPS button also disable the WiFi broadcast , if only using plug in Ethernet , & WiFi not needed ?

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

Unsure. You are best logging in to the web interface and turning off WiFi. See the video details below the video for a link to what the web interface looks like and how it works.

• @superchargenurse
    @superchargenurse 5 років тому +5

Just got this installed and it's as fast as fook..and much cheaper than I was paying to Virgin

• @MrMichaelpaul45
      @MrMichaelpaul45 5 років тому +3

Hi,Like you I've just received my talktalk fiber optic modem,I think if I am right in saying I need to wait a wile for it to settle.at the moment I am getting around 37.4 download & about 9.60 upload.its a lot better then I used to get & paying same price so happy about that.

• @grymesx47
      @grymesx47 5 років тому

claire,andrew and kids virgin ac works tho this don’t even wirk

• @Iainm-mm7ek
    @Iainm-mm7ek 5 років тому

I'm seeing so many comments about how trash talk talk are. Which package('s) do you guys have?

• @tomaszkoczko8606
    @tomaszkoczko8606 5 років тому

Does it have SNMP agent?
    can you do port scanning on that router?

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

I don't have easy access to one again but if I do I will see. If it has an SNMP agent you would see it in the video I made about the settings:
      ua-cam.com/video/qHquNqrIJ4E/v-deo.html

• @fuzzygrey8828
    @fuzzygrey8828 3 роки тому +5

Mine keeps flashing orange and white and then disconnecting for a few minutes then come back on it’s been doing it all day

• @zinatk
      @zinatk 3 роки тому +1

Mine has been doin that too how do I fix it

• @hassan401_
      @hassan401_ 3 роки тому

did u find a fix?

• @emeagain8359
    @emeagain8359 3 роки тому +6

Very useful once again I have been screwed by talktak . Great. 🤧

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

how so ?

• @emeagain8359
      @emeagain8359 3 роки тому

@@freename
      I was informed I would get the very latest router, as I have only just rejoined them. They installed this router with another box for high speed net to 148g. Now I find out the new one is one unit. Thats twice I have been screwed over now.

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

@@emeagain8359 Poor :(

• @emeagain8359
      @emeagain8359 3 роки тому

@@freename?

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

@@emeagain8359 Poor show on their part. Sadly they are not known for their excellent customer service. Their network is fine, their customer service is turd and their routers are probably similarly bad.

• @AngelGabriel24
    @AngelGabriel24 4 роки тому +2

I was sent the new router, they said it would take a week or so to settle, I shall give it a few more days then go back to the previous router which was much more efficient.

• @freename
      @freename  4 роки тому

Shouldn't have made a difference. New lines or newly repaired lines have a training period but changing router should make no difference or need any kind of training or stabilization period.

• @C5VERN
      @C5VERN 3 роки тому

Same problem!

• @t147han
    @t147han 6 років тому +1

Im fitting this tomorrow.How is your download speed on it.have just renewed contract.supposed to guarantee 39mbs.is the speed instant from instalation.

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому +1

Anything based off BT cabinets may take about a week or so to stabilise, "DLM" (Dynamic Line Management) monitors the line constantly and adjusts speed and "interleaving" and finds the most stable setting.

• @t147han
      @t147han 5 років тому

2 times had engineer.both times outside problem.but engineer says that these modem routers are crap.they have had to replace many.

• @twinoaks51
    @twinoaks51 3 роки тому

How do you set up your network and password with Fibre 65?

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

For the one I've made the video about - the router supplied by TalkTalk can only be used with TalkTalk.

• @ch4z_bucks
    @ch4z_bucks 2 роки тому +2

My router appears to have reset to the default password all on its own (I say this as it occurred at roughly 5 in the morning, I have no reason to believe I have been hacked because surely more damage would have been done). Any idea about why this happened?

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

TalkTalk definitely do upgraded and scheduled reboots of routers. Quite likely that they updated the firmware in the router and screwed something up so it lost its settings.

• @ch4z_bucks
      @ch4z_bucks 2 роки тому

@@freename ahh I see excellent, thank you

• @thejudderman8265
    @thejudderman8265 5 років тому +5

I’ve had this for a few months...had working Internet about twice...engineers been out three times said it’s fixed and still same problems with it....shite

• @retrophoneshow
    @retrophoneshow 3 роки тому

I do you know if this is a 2.4GHz or a 5GHz thanks

• @terrywhite7039
      @terrywhite7039 4 місяці тому

Mine has both 2.4 & 5 for wifi - my phone is using 2.4ghz wifi and my wife's phone connected to 5ghz, the rest of the family using 2.4ghz and doorbell and nest central heating all using 2.4ghz. I logged on using the admin details on the sticker and browsed in the advanced settings to see what was using the system and found a list of devices using the system.

• @unknownability4257
    @unknownability4257 3 роки тому +2

That blue dot is peeping orange and blue and not working

• @miz273
    @miz273 Рік тому

What is red wap used for please can explains to me

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

If you have full fibre to the home (FTTP) it would use that port to connect between the router and the Openreach ONT (optical network termination).

• @jn69uk
    @jn69uk 5 років тому

Dimensions? Curious as to it's size.

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

The dimensions of the Hub are: H = 170mm W = 260mm D = 50mm
      Source: www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/05/new-and-faster-wifi-router-spotted-at-broadband-isp-talktalk.html

• @CenturionF72
    @CenturionF72 6 років тому

So you have Nat Type 2 or Strict 3 ( bad for gaming)

• @freename
      @freename  6 років тому

Not something I could test, no game console at the location and didn't have time even if there was.. sorry.

• @readdeadlife
      @readdeadlife 6 років тому

With the internet speeds that UK has nothing makes a difference. I got 2 gaming PC's and a console in my house and the last thing you will see me do is complain about the hub.

• @Mr_Makina
      @Mr_Makina 5 років тому

Nat 2 is fine

• @guoyao8727
    @guoyao8727 3 роки тому +3

I have been using talk talk WiFi for about 1 years now,but yesterday,it seems something is wrong ,the broadband are flashing orange,it said on my phone that this WiFi have no internet connection.

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

Phone line still working if you try to make a call on it?

• @monisamohammady2984
      @monisamohammady2984 2 роки тому

I have this problem as well

• @alireza071
    @alireza071 Рік тому

Hi thanks for video I got this router along with openreach modem but my WiFi doesn't cover all the house isit possible to buy another router and hook it up to openreach modem if yes how to set it up please?

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

No, you can have only one thing connected to the openreach modem. However you can reconfigure the second talktalk router so it is an "AP only" then put a long lead between the LAN port of the TalkTalk router and the LAN port of the other TalkTalk router..
      To change the other one to be an access point only.. log into it, turn off DHCP server and change its IP to something that isn't in use on your network (e.g. you can't have both routers on 192.168.0.1 so make sure the second one is set to 192.168.0.1 [if it isn't used]).

• @alireza071
      @alireza071 Рік тому

@@freename thanks for explaining actually I bought the Asus rt-ac82u 2900 ...isit possible to remove the talktalk WiFi hub and replace it with Asus if yes isit the easy process?can I just connect to openreach modem and that's it or it has to be setup by going to Asus settings do u know what parameter I have to change if I want to keep WiFi SSID and password as my previous talktalk router so every device connect to it without any issue !
      Thank u in advance

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

​@@alireza071 Ah ok, I understand more now.
      Yes. Openreach modem, then Port 1 on Openreach modem into WAN of Asus.
      Settings on the Asus to match your correct service:
      community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383
      If you have phone line provided service it is usually PPPoE, if you have full fibre into the building its very different.
      Set the TalkTalk Wifi Name and password on your Asus.
      If you wanted to re-use the TalkTalk for WiFi in another part of the house, linked back to the Asus with a cable.. then you do my advice above about turning off DHCP on the TalkTalk router etc.

• @stephenlee4932
    @stephenlee4932 3 роки тому

I looked in to see why it dont connect , what you said is in the instructions :(

• @harrietdixon4567
    @harrietdixon4567 Рік тому

Hi, I need a replacement grey wire, anybody know what they are called please?

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

The one from router to phone socket? That's an RJ11 lead. They shouldn't cost more than a few pounds so don't get ripped off :)

• @AkaNeymar
    @AkaNeymar 4 роки тому +5

I have this and the connection goes every night for around 5 hours. The hub just flashes orange.

• @freename
      @freename  4 роки тому

Don't know what to say, sorry. Most likely a phone line problem but speak to TalkTalk or ask on the TalkTalk Forums.

• @umhamuma842
    @umhamuma842 3 роки тому

I'm struggling to connect my canon printer to connect with talktalk router

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

I'll need more info than that :D

• @tacticaldistort7021
    @tacticaldistort7021 5 років тому

Bufferbloat is at a C with this router, there seems to be no Qos, how does one fix it?.

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

Other than in a test what real world symptoms or problems do you have caused by the buffer?

• @tacticaldistort7021
      @tacticaldistort7021 5 років тому

@@freename Lag, on multiplayer games, but it could be the games server as it's p2p connection.

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

@@tacticaldistort7021 unless you are filling your connection with something like a Netflix stream, download or upload at the same time you shouldn't end up with any delayed or buffered packets. Any computer on your broadband doing something high bandwidth can cause it though.

• @NoizProductionz
    @NoizProductionz 2 роки тому

Day 2 of this router. Keeps losing connection. Yesterday was fine. Very annoying.

• @darnitproductions5945
    @darnitproductions5945 5 років тому +1

Are the Wi-Fi speeds any good

• @MrMichaelpaul45
      @MrMichaelpaul45 5 років тому

Hi there,just to tell you ime in London & am getting 37.9 download & around 9.8 upload. I've just upgraded to fibre optic so far so good.

• @andyp9131
      @andyp9131 5 років тому

They are good when talktalk stop messing with ur wifi .they are junk like the routers they send u

• @darnitproductions5945
      @darnitproductions5945 4 роки тому

@@andyp9131 yh the router is good so far and get good speeds and range but whats annoying about talktalk is they always use different severs. like right now its connected to vodafone uk lol

• @boop9096
      @boop9096 4 роки тому +1

no, they are absolutely terrible. Im suppose to be getting 40 Mbps but im getting a steddy 0.04 Mbps

• @harkiratsingh4877
      @harkiratsingh4877 4 роки тому

Well I had 30ms when I first got it now it randomly starts having an error and only dose 5ms now so up to you

• @bobby984
    @bobby984 2 роки тому

Great mine is just going orange and not white I’ve been trying to take all the wires out tried turning it off tried restarting it

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

Is the phone line still working for normal phone calls?

• @bobby984
      @bobby984 2 роки тому

@@freename I have to use my 4G

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

@@bobby984 If your phone line isn't working for calls - it won't work for broadband either. Make sure that you get dial tone and can make calls and the broadband will probably sort itself out too.

• @bobby984
      @bobby984 2 роки тому +1

@@freename no are whole family are having the problem the whole entire WiFi is just crashed we are calling TALK TALK to fix it

• @monisamohammady2984
      @monisamohammady2984 2 роки тому

@@bobby984 same

• @maxbin7933
    @maxbin7933 Рік тому

Hello, how are you? I am from the State of Iraq, and two days ago I bought a router, and I do not know how to program it. I tried more than once, and I did not know, is it possible to help me?

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

I am sorry but I don't know the correct settings for your ISP.

• @elliotdavie9760
    @elliotdavie9760 5 років тому +1

All set up now but my devices won't connect any ideas

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

Won't connect to the wifi or connect to the wifi but get no internet?

• @elliotdavie9760
      @elliotdavie9760 5 років тому

I unplugged the ethernet cables I was using from the back and it worked so I'm not sure what the problem was

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

@@elliotdavie9760 What was on the other end of the Ethernet cable ?

• @elliotdavie9760
      @elliotdavie9760 5 років тому

It was one of the ones where it goes into the mains to send the signal around the house there was also one linked to the solar panels

• @grymesx47
      @grymesx47 5 років тому

Elliot Davie same gonna have to cancel them

• @craigwoodgate9588
    @craigwoodgate9588 5 років тому +1

We have just joined talk talk the WiFi signal can’t be any worse then Vodafone as our Vodafone broadband is non existent

• @davidwaddington7718
    @davidwaddington7718 4 роки тому +4

Best router ever talk talk is great 👍👍👍👍

• @pamelarogers9778
      @pamelarogers9778 4 роки тому

did they charge you for it?

• @callumscreen7447
      @callumscreen7447 4 роки тому

Have u been taking drugs my idiotic family wont move f*****g company cant wait to move out

• @mattneil7825
    @mattneil7825 3 роки тому

Why is mine flashing orange?

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

Blinking amber - Your Wi-Fi Hub is starting up.
      Blinking amber and white - Your Wi-Fi Hub is connecting to the Internet.
      Solid white - You’re connected to the Internet.
      Solid amber - Your Wi-Fi Hub is verifying your connection. If you’ve got Fibre you should wait a few minutes. If you haven’t got Fibre, or the light stays solid amber for more than 15 minutes, please contact us.

• @mehcol
    @mehcol 5 років тому

Thinking about talktalk and leaving Sky. Any feedback ?

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому +1

Tech support, if you ever need it, with sky will be much better. They are based in Bulgaria where as talk talk is India

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

If you do sign up - make sure to use Quidco or TopCashback or similar!

• @StrangerOnTheWeb
      @StrangerOnTheWeb 5 років тому +1

Don't get talktalk they're rated as the worst broadband company in the uk. I have to pay £27 a month for 1mb download speed which is a total rip-off

• @gamingninja6048
      @gamingninja6048 5 років тому +1

I would not get talktalk if you have a lot of devices or a gaming console of any sort as the speeds aren't very fast as I have this and I can barely play video games although for the first week I had it, it ran quite fast but then stopped so if you buy this and have a console I would recommend getting an Ethernet cable

• @Mr_Makina
      @Mr_Makina 5 років тому +2

DON'T JOIN TALKTALK LOOK AT ALL THE REVIEWS THERE SCAM ARTISTS

• @dennisdepocus3805
    @dennisdepocus3805 5 років тому

got the same one,but can't get wi-fi at all to any of my devices.When I try to connect it says ,,authentication problems,, .What to do?

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

Check you are using the right password for the WiFi (WiFi key?) and remember they are case sensitive, capitals matter if the password has any letters printed in caps.
      Or plug in with a wire, log in to the router and set your own WiFi password.

• @dennisdepocus3805
      @dennisdepocus3805 5 років тому

@@freename logged in to router, set my new password and it worked! Yeeee! Talk Talk team could not help me,I've been advised to change BT socket to master one.Thank you so much!

• @freename
      @freename  5 років тому

Glad it helped :)

• @ShadowMoon96
      @ShadowMoon96 2 роки тому

@@freename how do you set your own WIFI password

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

@@ShadowMoon96 ua-cam.com/video/qHquNqrIJ4E/v-deo.html shows you the screen.

• @CenturionF72
    @CenturionF72 6 років тому +2

Any good for playing games online ps4?

• @freename
      @freename  6 років тому +2

Unknown. But any gaming over WiFi is slightly (or sometimes vastly) worse than if you use a cable between your console and the router.

• @CenturionF72

Thank you

• @inderjitrai87
      @inderjitrai87 6 років тому +1

Have the router and not had any problems with it on the ps4 via WiFi. Better than the last modem talktalk released.
      One thing I found is signal is good inside the house. Go upstairs and signal drops but not much so still good. Outside through a brick wall signal hardly get. For a free router can't complain.
      Also watched 4k movies and no problem's.
      If have the HG635 would stick with it. If have the HG633 would definately upgrade

• @CenturionF72

Thank you very much very helpful.

• @boop9096
      @boop9096 4 роки тому

No

• @otakuboo88
    @otakuboo88 2 роки тому

Router not connecting at all. Just keeps flashing orange. Any advice on what to do?

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

Does your phone line work ok for calls without hissing or crackling?

• @otakuboo88
      @otakuboo88 2 роки тому

@@freename I haven't checked it yet. My previous router connects perfectly fine so I don't see why this one doesn't

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

How strange. The phone lead is plugged into the correct socket on the new router?

• @otakuboo88
      @otakuboo88 2 роки тому

@@freename I believe so. Everything that needs to be plugged in is plugged in

• @cooltubeish
      @cooltubeish Рік тому

I have the same issue. Light just flashes amber. Phone line is fine with calls in & out. All connections are good. As soon as I swith back to old router everything is good. Just that this hub won't connect.

• @JP03
    @JP03 3 роки тому

Mine is flashing red

• @freename
      @freename  3 роки тому

That means it is either starting up (and failing) or the WPS button has been pressed.

• @OE-vc5si
    @OE-vc5si 4 роки тому

Please help me out !!!
    I got 2 routes fast 5364 !!!
    I can't make bridge pls help !!!
    I wanted to bust wireless in the house with 2 routes...
    Pls help step by step !!!
    Spent all day no resolve

• @freename
      @freename  4 роки тому +1

You will be running a network cable between Router 1 and Router 2 ?

• @OE-vc5si
      @OE-vc5si 4 роки тому +1

@@freename
      Yes... This router keep blocking

• @freename
      @freename  4 роки тому

@@OE-vc5si You will need to... 1) move the IP address of the second router to something else. 2) Turn off DHCP server on the second router. Otherwise they will just fight over who has the internet.. and the second one not plugged into the internet will stop everything accessing the internet while it is the "winner".

• @OE-vc5si
      @OE-vc5si 4 роки тому

@@freename
      Yes did that !!!
      But DCHP can't turn off !!!
      This function doesn't save I need to turn off manufacturing setting

• @freename
      @freename  4 роки тому

What happens when you try to turn DHCP off? Screenshot would be good if you can.

• @d_c_a_b2839
    @d_c_a_b2839 Рік тому

I have this and my internet is shit mate. 2mbps???

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

What does the BT Wholesale checker say for your address? And do you know what your immediate neighbours get on their broadband?

• @d_c_a_b2839
      @d_c_a_b2839 Рік тому

@@freename 556 ping, 2.38 Mbps download speed, 1.86 mobs upload speed.

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

The BT Wholesale checker is www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

• @michaelgill1203
    @michaelgill1203 9 місяців тому

Just flashing orange

• @seanreeves6122
      @seanreeves6122 8 місяців тому

Same was it ever fixed?

• @michaelgill1203
      @michaelgill1203 8 місяців тому

@@seanreeves6122 yeah soon as Ieft talk talk it worked

• @caryltaylor2499
    @caryltaylor2499 Рік тому

Orange light flashing

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

Only orange flashing means the hub is starting up or loading. If it stays like that I expect the hub is faulty.

• @johnmetrac2898
    @johnmetrac2898 5 років тому +11

Never ever get a contract with these scammers they lie continues and fraud you out of money

• @sherjeelmir1616
      @sherjeelmir1616 5 років тому

I've been there too

• @andytipping70
      @andytipping70 5 років тому +5

IVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THEM

• @richardevans9465
      @richardevans9465 5 років тому

That's my experience to, scammers and liars

• @MrMichaelpaul45
      @MrMichaelpaul45 5 років тому +1

Sorry to read this from you,don't know but I've been ok so far.

• @EnderPOL_SKA
    @EnderPOL_SKA Рік тому

It dosent look wireless

• @freename
      @freename  Рік тому

Unless you are on mobile broadband; internet has to get into the router somehow. Phone line or a fibre cable. The wireless bit is between the router and your devices around the house.

• @ginjutsu_art
    @ginjutsu_art 2 роки тому

Bro just gave away his ip

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

I'd like your thoughts on why that's a problem.

• @ginjutsu_art
      @ginjutsu_art 2 роки тому

@@freename bc u just gave away ur ip

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому

@@ginjutsu_art What do you think someone will do with it which will be of any loss to me? and which IP are you talking about?

• @kawan74
    @kawan74 4 роки тому

fucking this Router not working very poor speed

• @johnmetrac2898
    @johnmetrac2898 5 років тому +2

Talktalk pure scum the company

• @Unstoppable7x
    @Unstoppable7x 8 місяців тому

This wifi is such a ripoff the routers are always trash and get fualty.

• @colesneddon5594
    @colesneddon5594 3 роки тому

Don’t buy it it’s shite

• @farhaan100
    @farhaan100 Рік тому

Load of rubbish

• @andyp9131
    @andyp9131 5 років тому

Its a pile of junk if left to me . Its wifi is a pile of sh t not worth £20 ''best place for it is the bin

• @jdwalker3156
    @jdwalker3156 2 роки тому +1

Ok so talktalk router hub used to have a feature where u could individualy allow or remove devices one by one.. has that feature gone because i cannot find it. Thanks

• @freename
      @freename  2 роки тому +1

I thought I'd done a recent video on a talktalk web interface but it doesn't look like it. I don't have the answer; sorry.
      I do have access to a new TalkTalk Business installation using this router so I'll try and get around to making a video about that soon.

• @jdwalker3156
      @jdwalker3156 2 роки тому

@@freename i found out this routers software version does not support that feature.