I FINALLY Bought a Cine Lens | Sirui Nightwalker 24mm T1.2

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 вер 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 35

• @madedigital
    @madedigital 3 місяці тому +1

bro i bit the bullet to, but i have all the Aanmorphic by sirui even the 24mm but i said let me get it just to see how well it would work with the PD Movie smart. I must say it works better than the other lens. AF with this lens and PDMOVIE SMART is what you need for talking heads objects its. good

• @ThatOneVirgil
      @ThatOneVirgil  3 місяці тому

I honestly don't mind using manual focus 😌

• @flipnap2112
    @flipnap2112 4 місяці тому +2

if for some reason your cam screen doesnt have contrast focus indicators, you can buy a cheap laser ranger. I bought a 16mm film camera (like actual film) and you cant really see focus in the eyepiece, plus the laser is also in meters (Ukraine made camera) and the laser can read meters or feet. Also I heard this sense has a slight hue to it? just bought a Russian Jupiter 11 lens for my BMPCC 6k and it looks amazing. very old.

• @ThatOneVirgil
      @ThatOneVirgil  4 місяці тому

I think this lens is slightly warm, but I'm fine with that. I don't want to buy absolutely sterile lenses, I want character! 🤷‍♂️

• @MightyMigi
    @MightyMigi 2 місяці тому +1

Always buy 82mm filters you can use it in any lens and step up rings are cheap

• @frankfeng2701
    @frankfeng2701 4 місяці тому +3

The biggest downside for me is the non-swappable mirrorless mount, meaning I can only use it in one mirrorless system. DZOFilm Vespids, albeit more expensive, is full-frame EF mount and more versatile.

• @ThatOneVirgil

I mean I'm really only going to be using Sony, but I can see your point

• @frankfeng2701
      @frankfeng2701 4 місяці тому +2

@@ThatOneVirgil I prefer to MF lenses on systems that have poor AF, such as L mount, which unfortunately doesn't have super35 video bodies.

• @Studiotek
      @Studiotek 3 місяці тому

@@frankfeng2701 Which camera on L mount has poor AF exactly? The AF on S5IIX is phenomenal ESPECIALLY after the latest update

• @RealPivotTV
      @RealPivotTV Місяць тому

Dzo’s are three times the price though.

• @M2008tw
    @M2008tw 4 місяці тому +2

I bought the first three on kickstarter 24, 35, 55 last year and got them for a really good price. They are well built, but a little loose in their focus adjustment. I have also bought the two most recent 16 and 75 and to my taste they are almost an update from the first ones. It tells me that there is a strong development going on at Sirui and I will definitely follow them. They are largely identical in shape, so easy to change if you use them on a gimbal in relation to the balancing. I intend to use them together with DJI's new focus system. If you are into something more cinematic, I can also recommend their Full-Frame Anamorphic lens, I have their 50mm and 75mm, I want 35mm and their 150mm. But they are some big lenses - If you are new to this area, there are also their carbon fiber versions.

• @ThatOneVirgil
      @ThatOneVirgil  4 місяці тому +1

Yeah, the anamorphic would be awesome to get! Only for the sake of getting the output of my full sensor. I export "cinematic" stuff in a 2.35:1 aspect anyways. I lose a little image, but 4k is very forgiving on crops 😅

• @spacesoundmusic
    @spacesoundmusic 4 місяці тому +1

The only dissapointment for me is the chromatic aberration, I got the 35mm t1.2. Besides that, it's a really good lens for the price. Looking forward to buy the anamorphic one as this doesn't have that exagerated chromatic aberration and, yeah its anamorphic lol.

• @ThatOneVirgil

I want the anamorphic next, too! But honestly, the chromatic aberration doesn't bother me. I see it as character, like lens flares. You can also correct for it later - not always perfectly but can still be mitigated. I feel like people complain about CA because they've been told it's "bad", and not because they actually dislike it. I want character in a lens, I don't want a stale, sterile image 😅

• @Kaotix_music
    @Kaotix_music 4 місяці тому +1

Not to say I’m *not* a fan of the Nitewalker lenses, but I decided to go for their APSC 1.33x anamorphic lenses and I’ve never been more pleased with a lens. The lens certainly has “a look” to them. I only own their 50mm for my FX30, but I’m gonna certainly buy the entire line up of lenses for all the anamorphic projects I want to do

• @ThatOneVirgil

I definitely want to get the anamorphics as well! It's good to have good spherical cine lenses too, though

• @poerava
    @poerava 3 місяці тому

That first little hit was waaaay too slow. Painfully slow

• @ThatOneVirgil

What

• @Seph_vision
      @Seph_vision 3 місяці тому +1

The intro? The knocks on the door?

• @poerava
      @poerava 3 місяці тому +2

@@ThatOneVirgil sorry. This comment was meant for a UFC Video I’m not sure how it ended up in your vid. I watched your video before the UFC video. Sorry.

• @ThatOneVirgil

@@poerava 😂

• @ThatOneVirgil

@@Seph_vision you're really going to complain about the speed of which a door was knocked upon? 😂

• @orinorio1
    @orinorio1 4 місяці тому +1

Have you used it to do client work or filming ?

• @ThatOneVirgil

As I said in the video, I just got it a few days ago 😁

• @orinorio1
      @orinorio1 4 місяці тому +1

@@ThatOneVirgil so haven't take it out and capture footage with it ?

• @Sinisterbvnny
      @Sinisterbvnny 4 місяці тому

​@@orinorio1the entire intro to this video was shot using the lens

• @orinorio1
      @orinorio1 4 місяці тому

@@Sinisterbvnny I'm asking for outside footage. Not footage shot in a bedroom.

• @martyjwalker
      @martyjwalker 4 місяці тому

Check out Ed Prosser's review of the Night Walkers.