5 Things I Love About My 2017 Triumph Bonneville T120

Поділитися
Вставка

КОМЕНТАРІ • 35

• @kiwi-on-a-bike660
    @kiwi-on-a-bike660 Рік тому

Just bought one, clocked up its first 100km yesterday, what a joy it is.

• @asacarrick1385
    @asacarrick1385 Рік тому +3

Just clocked 121,250 Km on my 2017 T100. It has been a joy. Had couple test rides on 2023 T120. The extra power could be useful. Still a bit narked that Triumph removed the hitherto standard chrome gripper bar and centre stand then announce a lighter bike.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому

I think it's also to make the pricing seem favourable for the new model, but then you can always add the 'comfort kit' heated grips, stand and grab rail for a reasonable $1500 (nzd) more!

• @tsmgguy
      @tsmgguy Рік тому +1

My 2016 T120 came standard with the center stand and grab bar. The stand is very useful, the grab bar less so except for the use of a passenger. It's incorrectly positioned for use in popping the bike up on the center stand.

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy Рік тому +1

I agree! Two little things that bugged me no end on my black & white 2016 T120 were the chrome valve cover (too blingy) and the large fuel tank edge seam. The valve cover was easily replaced with a black one. I used 3M 1/2" matte black striping tape to black out the tank seam. It now disappears against all of the other black details on the bike. Perfect!

• @elietarazi8401
    @elietarazi8401 2 роки тому +1

Mate love the Triumphs. I own the 2019 Bonneville Speedmaster and feel the same way. Great review.

• @oldgeezerproductions
    @oldgeezerproductions Рік тому

Point by point, item by item that you love about your Triumph, I love about my RE Interceptor except for the many "conveniences," most of which I don't have, but don't miss all that much. Both bikes have lots to love about them. The only thing I'm missing that would make my joy complete is the name "Triumph."

• @pierremartin9048
    @pierremartin9048 6 місяців тому

Thats so true, thx for making how to realize the dosaster of some engines (looks).

• @phillipmitchell5879
    @phillipmitchell5879 2 роки тому +1

Excellent, to-the-point review! I agree w/ your points. I had the same 2017 T120 in the U.S. I sold it after 11 months as it seemed too slick & techy for me. I wanted to capture the feel of my '66 & '68 Bonnies that I had way back. The new one didn't do that, except for the classic looks. Now, I wonder if I made the right choice in selling it. 'Am considering a newish T100 now - a tad lighter w/ all the power I need...

• @richandrose6348
      @richandrose6348 Рік тому +1

Just bought this same model. I didn't want 1200ccs. But it had the colors my (late) dad and I wanted and that classic look. Heated grips and some other features weren't a turn off. This, after riding and still have T140s, since 1990.

• @phillipmitchell5879
      @phillipmitchell5879 Рік тому +1

@@richandrose6348 Nice! Enjoy! I bet your Dad would be pleased. I'm also considering a late model Street Twin 900 (red or blue).

• @ben9l351
    @ben9l351 5 місяців тому

BobberBob if you were to do one more thing to this bike what would it be. Your bike looks amazing

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  5 місяців тому

It's pretty sorted as it now sits! Probably some nice saddle bags for touring, but I have another bike that's more sorted for touring.

• @robertwolfe854
    @robertwolfe854 8 місяців тому

Hey Bob
    Love your bike
    What Screen did you add?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  8 місяців тому

It's the Marlin Dart. There's a video on it too, on the channel. Cheers.

• @ruahinesrider
    @ruahinesrider 2 роки тому +1

Great bike I'd like a Triumph Bonniville one day perhaps a T100.Royal Enfield were the pioneers of the British bike industry in 40-50's.R.E invented the swingarm & cleaned up the Trials circuit.They probably should of copy righted it but didn't.Triumph,BSA,Norton all copied Royal Enfield as they usually first to do something like first 700cc parallel twin in 1953 6 years before
    Bonneville.First to 750 & many other things.I own a R.E Interceptor & love it & it's a keeper & put S&S slip on's on but a larger capacity Triumph Bonniville T100 for a all rounder or maybe a T120 to compliment the Interceptor be awesome.I would like a 2008- 2016 T100 model when they were 64bhp not 53bhp which isn't much more than Interceptor.
    You're right about pre 2021 model to de-cat & other mods.On my Interceptor it to has doubled wall headers but was thinking about shedding more weight & going big bore to increase power & tourqe from 43rwhp & 51Nm to 48-49rwhp & 63Nm but loose the shiney pipe look.I was tempted buy a T100 but it the same colour as my Interceptor but if one comes up I like I'll be keen.I do like how Triumph has done the Radiator nice & stylish & thin not like the monstrosity on the new BSA that looks like a Riley Elf radiator 😆.
    They should of copied Triumphs radiator.Also love the new Speedmaster but to rich for me.
    Owning a Triumph be a step up in fit & finish & power over Interceptor & be great side by side in my shed.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  2 роки тому +1

Thanks for the great comments. S&S do the big bore kit, an 860 I think, maybe that will do you?! I've ridden the RE 650's and they were nice for the price point. Ride safe!

• @ruahinesrider
      @ruahinesrider 2 роки тому +2

Yes they do a 865 kit but the silky smooth gearbox isn't silky smooth with the clutch upgrade with big bore kit.Maybe a T120 later on to compliment Interceptor.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  2 роки тому +2

@@ruahinesrider the only way to go!

• @johnmartin7158
    @johnmartin7158 2 роки тому +2

Do you think you will ever get the 2021-2 new generation T120, bobber Bob.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  2 роки тому +2

Hi John, I don't think so as this one is set to how I like it with the belt drive and the Tech Bike Parts de-cat , which I believe is something you can't do on the newer 21 onwards bike. It's only a lighter crank and different wheels on the newer bikes as well as no heated grips, centre stand or grab rail.

• @jerryhutchison8952
    @jerryhutchison8952 2 роки тому

What windscreen is that, and how do you like it? Any helmet buffeting?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  2 роки тому

Hi, check out the video on it! ua-cam.com/video/3nKsiczu44o/v-deo.html

• @VivekSingh-hy1dk
    @VivekSingh-hy1dk 11 місяців тому

I have bought 2017 bonnies t120 but it doesn't have a cruise control

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  11 місяців тому +1

I put it on, it just plugs into the stock wiring.

• @VivekSingh-hy1dk

@@bobberbob.68 where can I buy that?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  11 місяців тому +1

@VivekSingh-hy1dk Through a Triumph dealer. You'll need to get the one that suits your model for your market. Mine is the DRL model, for daytime running lights. The dealer needs to activate it too.

• @VivekSingh-hy1dk

@@bobberbob.68 how much did you pay?

• @richandrose6348
    @richandrose6348 Рік тому

Belt drive. How is that working out for you?

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому +1

Really well, quiet, smooth and clean. The wear is also excellent, a few thousand on it now and it's got great alignment and tension. Thanks!

• @karlbishop7481
      @karlbishop7481 Рік тому

Which belt drive is it? Did it require much modification to existing parts. I am interested in one just trying to save up some cash.

• @bobberbob.68
      @bobberbob.68  Рік тому

@@karlbishop7481 The Freespirits site has instructions available to look at. There's a small mod near the drive sprocket on the engine case to grind down a bit of the casting for clearance. This is the kit I bought: www.freespiritsparts.com/en/product/belt-drive-conversion-for-triumph-bonneville-t120-kit/

• @gryphongryph
      @gryphongryph Рік тому

Beautiful bike.
      How tall are you guys?
      I find this bike interesting, but I am 188cm tall with long legs and arms 🫣
      Would it be too small for me ?
      Thanks!