Lionsteel T6

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 21 бер 2023
  • In this video I review a survival knife legend the ‪@lionsteelknives‬ T6.
    I also have to give kudos to ‪@BladeHQ‬ though I'm not sponsored by them but having this knife for the best price I have found. This knife is a true survival/tactical knife and fulfills those rolls well. It's also has a amazing fit n finish coming form Italy with top notch CPM3V steel.
    #knife #knives #knifereview #lionsteel #bushcraft #bushcraftknife #bushcraftknives #tacticalknife #tactical #tacticalgear #knivesout #cpm3v #italy #italian #survival #survivalknife #huntsman #lasthuntsman #knifeskills #knifebanter #knivesout #knivesdaily #knife #knifelife #woodsman #woods #outdoors #outdoorsman #outdoorlife #outdoor #survival #survivalknife #review #reviews #gearreviews #gear #knifereview #italy #italian #survivalskills
  • Розваги

КОМЕНТАРІ • 65

• @j.p.4541
    @j.p.4541 5 місяців тому +2

Esse needs to step up their game and start making their blades with some premium steels. An Esse-6 in 3V would be awesome.

• @adammichaelsen7354
    @adammichaelsen7354 Рік тому +2

Was kinda on the fence about buying this. Your vid convinced me. Good job man.

• @gregoryblake3377
    @gregoryblake3377 Рік тому +2

I think the tang in the bottom is for striking a fire stick

• @kennethrimmer1883
    @kennethrimmer1883 Рік тому +2

It’s a awesome blade

• @HeavySetTactical409
    @HeavySetTactical409 Рік тому +1

Dude I am a bog fan I have a small scale knife review channel heavyset tactical I got the cpm3v lionsteel 6 I freaking love this knife holy crap razor sharp perfect balance epic knife worth every penny

• @DannyRiskit
    @DannyRiskit Рік тому +1

Beast!

• @matthewmarek1467
    @matthewmarek1467 Рік тому +1

A solid knife. Good camping/deployment knife. Great looking grip size for me. Would love to see the tang without the grip (scale?). For a survival knife, I'd like a 90 degree spine and a way to choke up on a blade for detail work. This paired with a squared up Mora for fine work/fire starting would be a solid survival set.

• @thelasthuntsmanoutdoors
      @thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  Рік тому +2

It’s a solid design. The sharp spine would be a nice touch though. I paid it with a White River FC4 or 3.5 and perfect

• @ssunfish
      @ssunfish Рік тому +1

I'd pair it with an Opinel!

• @RadDadisRad
    @RadDadisRad Рік тому +1

I have the T6 in K490. It’s an awesome knife. Just killed a deer with it.

• @brr8888
    @brr8888 7 місяців тому +1

That’s a nice blade.

• @douglasreed9237
    @douglasreed9237 Рік тому +1

How does the 3V in the Lion Steel compare to the 3V in your Recon Scout? Which do you prefer for a one knife option for the wilderness in a survival type senario? Thanks and stay safe out there. 👍

@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  Рік тому +1

The quality is much higher on the Lionsteel. The fit and finish and I think the steel held up a bit better. They both are good. I will say the Lionsteel didn’t come as sharp out of the box but I don’t have an issue putting my own edge on a knife

• @jaewoungshim4967
    @jaewoungshim4967 4 місяці тому +1

A tree that has lived for decades is as precious as your sword. Please take care of a living tree. but your reaction is good.

• @douglasreed9237
    @douglasreed9237 Рік тому +1

They could save some money and time if they didn't grind the swedge into the tip for added strength. Also no need to round the spine either.... saves time and money. Nice review, thanks 🗡️👍🔪

I think I’d rather them just had a sharp spine, I personally like the swedge though. Thanks for watching

• @Mr_Obvious
    @Mr_Obvious Рік тому +1

I'm curious as to why they swapped from K490 on the first drop, to 3V now. I have the K490 version, but 3V is just fine for a knife. I'm just curious..probably cost and maybe the difficulty of grinding it.

I'm not entirely sure, I have no experience with K490 but from what I hear it's a great steel. Either I'm sure is a solid option.

• @Ceriva09
      @Ceriva09 Рік тому +2

k490 was limited to the first batch of 1000 per color variant i believe

• @Mr_Obvious
      @Mr_Obvious Рік тому

@@Ceriva09 I guess I'm glad I was able to snag one, although there certainly is nothing wrong with 3V. I like to check out different steels, and K490 is not a common steel. Thanks for the info!

• @michaelstjohn6086
      @michaelstjohn6086 Рік тому +1

@@Mr_Obvious The DB channel said there wasn't much of it available

• @Mr_Obvious
      @Mr_Obvious Рік тому

@@michaelstjohn6086 Could be. It isn't a very common knife steel. This realease was the first time I ever even heard of it.

• @ssunfish
    @ssunfish Рік тому +1

I actually prefer the tang going through a channel so there's an effect of wrapping the micarta around the tang.

• @ssunfish
      @ssunfish Рік тому

I got the version in K490. It has style curs from TRC Apocalypse, but it really overtakes Becker BK-2. This alloy has under 20% chrome and almost 20% Vanadium and Tungsten. It has alot of many desirable characteristics, but isn't Uber in anything. Not a one tool option, but a premium base camp or glamping knife for fireside duties.

• @ssunfish
      @ssunfish Рік тому

NOT 20% I meant one twentieth of Chrome, Vanadium and Tungsten percent wise they are under five percent. My mistake how I wrote it down.

• @thefishinglor6931
    @thefishinglor6931 11 місяців тому +1

the handle is very tough! held up with some abuse ive seen

• @medicinegone
    @medicinegone 8 місяців тому +1

Looks like you could use the butt end of the tang to strike your farro rod.

@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  8 місяців тому

That’s what Lionsteel markets it for. It’s just so small it’s not really practical

• @alexsherel3344
    @alexsherel3344 Рік тому +1

Just ordered mine….but k490

@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  Рік тому

I hear that’s a good steel. I think you’ll really like the knife

• @alexsherel3344
      @alexsherel3344 Рік тому +1

Well they sent me 3V…better or…?
      I mean it’s perfect size , exactly what I was looking for.
      Heavier than expected, but this is my first big boy knife, so to speak. Just curious bout the 3V?

@@alexsherel3344 I like 3V, it’s one of my favorite steels. I would be perfectly happy with it. I hear the K490 is hard to get here in the USA

• @alexsherel3344
      @alexsherel3344 Рік тому

@@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors AHA, ok then

• @alexbergmann2817
    @alexbergmann2817 7 місяців тому +1

looking lot like a TRC Apocalypse

@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  7 місяців тому

Kind of similar but I’ll say the Lionsteel smokes it out of the water and is like $200 less. You might check out my playlist on top 10 mid sized survival knives showdown. I have both knives on there and I test them all head to head

• @alexbergmann2817
      @alexbergmann2817 7 місяців тому

@@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors many knife reviewers complained about CPM-3V steel that is fragile.
      Only Carothers knives in Delta 3V they say are almost indestructible
      cause they have better annealing temperature protocol.
      Or maybe a Cold steel knives made in Taiwan in 3V are no good.
      Some Cold steel knives in 3V are made in Italy,I believe in Lionsteel factory and they are strong,
      Cold steel SRK and Master Hunter.
      TRC Apocalypse was made out of Elmax steel which could be brittle cause of too much carbon and chrome.
      In my opinion Niolox steel ( Linsteel T5)
      and RWL-34 are one of the best steels for knives,along with japanese AUS-10.

• @alexbergmann2817

@@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors will see that video

@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  7 місяців тому

@@alexbergmann2817 I’ve had plenty of use with CPM3V and have beat the crap out of it and have had no issues. I like it.

• @alexbergmann2817

@@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors ok....I will remember your comment because I gave up before of 3V.
      affraiding of having cracks on those blades

• @edwarddonoghuesr.2346
    @edwarddonoghuesr.2346 Рік тому +1

Thought it was k490

They have it in both K490 and CPM3V. From my understanding the CPM3V is more common for American sales vs K490 is European sales. I could be wrong on the specific details but I do know it’s available in both steels

• @renexwing1546
    @renexwing1546 Рік тому

The 'ass' of the knife is made for fire steel. 😎👌

I couldn’t get it to work worth a damn. It’s too small of a striking area and not very sharp either. That’s pretty much always been my experience with silly pommel strikers. The spine being sharp would have been a much more solid option

• @Glockenstein0869
    @Glockenstein0869 Рік тому

Sorry I have to disagree regarding Blade HQ. I have over 400 knives and for some time I would order from Blade HQ, but I noticed that about a year and a half ago, their overall service declined drastically. And their customer service consists of people who couldn't care less. Any issue I had was not resolved. It culminated in an issue with an order in which they falsely represented/advertised an item (It was a limited run item that sold quickly among all vendors and I stupidly chose BladeHQ). When I received the order, it was the incorrect item but by that time everyone else was out of stock. I have never used them again. I doubt they lost any sleep over it. I now use DLT Trading and Knifecenter. At least I know I will get what I ordered.

• @richardhenry1969
    @richardhenry1969 Рік тому +1

I like the blade design. My problem is I don't see the value in a hard to sharpen field knife.
    I'm not convinced 3v is a good steel of outdoor use.
    I do really appreciate you use your knives.
    As a trained survivalist I don't see much use for a lot of knives they claim are survival knives.
    These big blades should be labeled camp knives.
    I was trained a survival knife is the knife you always have on you.
    Bad situations never happen when you plan. So thinking you'll have your survival knife on when a unexpected event happens changes the marketing.
    Most of these knives are nice but how often does anyone really carry them?
    Knife companies have so many false things in their marketing.
    They have people believing a production knife should cost as much as a gun. Really blows my mind.
    I'd like to see someone dull cpm3v then put a working edge with limited stuff.
    My experience it's more a gimmick to raise the price of a knife. When in truth 5160 would be a better steel.
    A knife this size edge retention isn't has important as toughness.
    Do you disagree? If so what parts? I'm really curious what others think.

@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors  Рік тому +2

I agree with parts but not others. First of all my experience with CPM3V is that it isn’t as hard to sharpen in field as some say. I’ve touched up this knife in field and with most of my knives I reprofiled the edge, which wasn’t too difficult. I’ve went on multi day camping excursions with my Reiff F6 in 3V and just with a field strop was able to keep the edge just fine. I think most people’s bad experiences with 3V is not knowing how to sharpen and or not actually trying before bashing, just repeating internet hype.
      I always edc a smaller 4 inch or so fixed blade so I’ll agree that the knife you have on you is likely gonna be one you have. That said I also always carry a medium size knife in my pack or if I go to the woods I make it a habit to have one on my side. So I just make it more likely that I have a larger knife on me when I need it. It’s like always carrying my gun on me. I’m also not gonna disagree that there is a lot of bad marketing. That said training yourself to use and carry such gear and carrying it with a habit makes it more likely you’ll have it when you need them.
      Final thing is this knife I think was $250-300 if I recall. The most expensive cpm3v knife I’ve bought was the Reiff which is phenomenal and it was $380. That said that’s pretty low budget for a gun. I will agree it’s expensive for a knife however. Is it needed, no. But when you use knives as much as I do having something to this level is really nice. To me it’s not that it’s just CPM3V, that’s an added bonus, but a company like Lionsteel and Reiff has such a level of craftsmanship to go along with it that when you put it alongside your standard Tops, or Esee it’s just a difference tier.

• @richardhenry1969
      @richardhenry1969 Рік тому +1

@@thelasthuntsmanoutdoors I see what your saying. But the 3v I tried I’m not a fan. I’m very well practiced in sharpening.
      Maybe because of my background in ironworking I know how easy it is to make a knife. Really these companies are mostly cutting blanks then send them out for heat treatment. They then use a machine to ground the edges. The very last step is maybe labor Intensive.
      Basically my point I’ve walked the long way around is. For basically the same price you can go to a local knife maker and have a fully custom knife. Or a big company heat treatment.
      I have folders with super steels so I’ve used them a good bit. I just don’t see the value in real used knives. Unless you have a specific task like cutting up boxes. Then super steels shine. Being a diesel mechanic and what i use a knife at work they chip and chip badly. I don’t even use spyderco anymore. S30v was a joke.
      I find in the woods 14c28n has really held up well. I got stainless for fishing so being around water. My big camp knife is A8 modified I can’t find anything better in my opinion.
      I enjoy your content and appreciate your answers. The beautiful thing about America we can all like each other and think different ways. I truly believe you’ll change your opinion after a few years.
      Either way I enjoy the videos and I appreciate your opinion. Stay sharp !

@@richardhenry1969 at the end of the day what works for you I’d what’s gonna be best

• @powers1776reset
      @powers1776reset Рік тому +4

A diamond rod/file, would take care of it, no problem whatsoever. Anyone who deals with these steels, should have diamond rods/files at the ready. They’re easy to get, and not very expensive.

• @ssunfish
      @ssunfish Рік тому +1

5160 is plenty tough and us a favorite of many very practical folk. 8670 is tougher with more edge holding. Powder metallurgy alloy knives have toughness and edge holding. I think that the actual individual owner/ user owes it to themselves to find their own best. Sharpen ability is definitely to be considered. It might be better to develop and reapply the edge you want than something that takes a lousy edge and holds it forever. I don't think there's any place for herd thinking and blind following.

• @j.p.4541
    @j.p.4541 5 місяців тому +1

Good lord that is one fat ass blade.

• @jackmehoff9595
    @jackmehoff9595 Рік тому

Wish that spine wasn’t so unnecessarily rounded. Jimping and flat spine and this knife goes to never level.

I agree, I wished it just had great jimping, sharp spine. That said I like this knife a lot and still highly suggest it. I also always have numerous means to strike a rod so it’s not a deal breaker