Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 25 лип 2024
  • #lionsteel #knives #edc #bushcraft
  • Розваги

КОМЕНТАРІ • 37

• @4673962
    @4673962 Рік тому +3

You were saying you thought these should be priced on the $250 range. Well Chicago Knife Works has them for $242 to $263 or so. Just checked yesterday.

• @prestonpartin5024
      @prestonpartin5024 7 місяців тому

I bought my t5 for almost a $170 , on knife center. They have some great deals on the majority of their products!

• @4673962
      @4673962 7 місяців тому

@@prestonpartin5024 Chicago Knife Works have the T5 for $136.87 right now. The above post I was talking about the T6. How do you like your T5?

• @randir14
      @randir14 5 місяців тому

@@prestonpartin5024 That isn't a good deal. The aforementioned Chicago Knife Works has T5's for $130 and they don't charge tax. You also get an instant discount on your first order. I ended up getting my T5 for around $120.

• @whiteeaglestudios
    @whiteeaglestudios Рік тому +5

Absolutely love LionSTEEL knives, I own an M1, M4, T5, and T6. My T6 steel is CMP 3V... hard, hard hard. Never had an issue with chopping. It is a bit large for me so I prefer the T5... still, love the T6.

• @zachwarren9063
    @zachwarren9063 Рік тому +5

Excellent review. Been so close to picking one of these up. I like that despite your enthusiasm for the knife, you were still pretty critical of it. Its not perfect but I think it'll be a substantial step up from my BK-2

• @uscphan4life
    @uscphan4life 9 місяців тому +1

Customer service and quality is very important. If there was an issue I’m glad to see they remedied the problem. They will have my business for sure. I have a 5 and love it. Just a smooth strong knife.

• @WallyW74
    @WallyW74 Рік тому

Very good review. Thanks!

• @roadracerqx893
    @roadracerqx893 11 місяців тому +3

I’m a city guy, just wanted a garage/outside the house knife. T6, although sweet, was overkill for me…and at $260-280, just made no sense. Opted $140 delivered for a T5😎

• @j.p.4541
    @j.p.4541 6 місяців тому

Good review of the T6. I’m on the fence between that and the Tops architect. Both great knives.

• @stephencrede7029
    @stephencrede7029 Місяць тому

this reminds me of my lengren rhino. nice review

• @jeremysteckman1704
    @jeremysteckman1704 Місяць тому

Have this and the m7 their my two favorite knives

• @Mr_Obvious
    @Mr_Obvious 4 місяці тому

I have the original drop version in K490. Not sure which steel is better. I'm no metalurgist, but so far it's performed quite well for me. No complaints. It's held it's edge well, and no edge deformation despite batonning through some gnarly stuff.

• @john0270
    @john0270 4 місяці тому +3

is the 3v well done? like have you actually used it? nothing worse than 3v with trash heat treat

• @MattRoseKnives
      @MattRoseKnives  3 місяці тому +1

Seems solid. Not super soft like Benchmades

• @gwailotus9154
      @gwailotus9154 26 днів тому

@john0270 - can you tell me some brands + models where the 3V heat treat is bad?

• @stevenwonder1533
    @stevenwonder1533 4 місяці тому +1

I appreciate your review and perspectives man. You just talked me out of purchasing another overpriced douche device, so thanks.

• @jimlahey5623
    @jimlahey5623 Рік тому +1

Why no exposure tang? This review is incomplete

• @RadDadisRad
    @RadDadisRad Рік тому +2

I have a K490 T6. Just killed a deer with it. It’s really sharp and the handle contour is really nice.

• @rabbithole8592
    @rabbithole8592 5 місяців тому

The impact vibration from batonning with cause significant wear and tear on your handle for sure. It's to be expected.

• @BIGHOUSEBLADE53
    @BIGHOUSEBLADE53 Місяць тому +1

Is the tang skeletonized at all?

• @MattRoseKnives
      @MattRoseKnives  Місяць тому +1

It’s not skeletonized but it’s not a true full tang. There are some disassembly vids I’d recommend you checking out

• @BIGHOUSEBLADE53
      @BIGHOUSEBLADE53 Місяць тому

@MattRoseKnives thanx for the reply. I've had that lionsteel on my radar for a bit. Haven't picked one up yet.

• @traeucity6087
    @traeucity6087 7 місяців тому +1

The spine appears to be rounded, not sharp. If that's the case, that is a huge negative for me. I was hoping you were going to mention it.

• @dlrmon1
    @dlrmon1 Рік тому +5

Personal preference: A full rounded extruded tang with larger pommel. And a sharp spine beyond normal thumb placement. The handle looks like a weak point from any impact from the underside. And with the handle off, it looks like a typical stick tang knife. Add a finger choil to better balance the blade and get closer to your work. I would also guess the 6 is as uncomfortable to chop with as the 7. To much Italian beauty and passion...not enough function...Nice knives but a bit to artsy for me to take serious. I have the T5 and M7.

• @gwailotus9154
      @gwailotus9154 26 днів тому

why uncomfortable to chop with?

• @dlrmon1
      @dlrmon1 25 днів тому

The rear finger guard on the M7 is to thin and batters the finger up against it while chopping.

• @stefanobaxx7274
    @stefanobaxx7274 4 місяці тому

Notevole descrizione.Possiedo il t6.Sono perfettamente d'accordo, il t6 è una splendida lama ma avrebbe dovuto essere almeno 17cm per essere un discreto chopper,ed'è abbastanza possente per non eseguire al meglio i lavori di fino,devo dire che almeno è un egregio batoner e io personalmente non amo fare chopping ,per tagliare i rami grossi uso normalmente un segaccio silky. .Grazie per la condivisione

• @jimlahey5623
    @jimlahey5623 Рік тому +2

This is one of the Best knives (3v version)
    K390 is albo great but not so undestructible

• @achimgeist5185
      @achimgeist5185 7 місяців тому

The T6 Limited Edition has K490 and not K390 steel. The Bohler K490 is more comparable with CPM 4V. K490 is not as tough as 3V but it is a tough steel and the wear resistance is a good bit higher as 3V.

• @somaloignoto2988
    @somaloignoto2988 Місяць тому

Very weak tang, I don't understand what are they saving.

• @TheSpoovy
    @TheSpoovy 7 місяців тому

But why the huge pointless choil?? They say it makes it easier to sharpen but that's just not true, all it does is remove the 8mm or so of edge that would have been a tiny bit difficult to sharpen (depending on your method, maybe not at all). It's so stupid, I actually want that 8mm of edge!

• @Canadaman4403
    @Canadaman4403 6 місяців тому +3

They make something called a axe If you’re going to the Bush without one you’re definitely not a bush crafter

• @1TomTom
      @1TomTom 3 місяці тому

EXACTLY

• @1jongreg
    @1jongreg 7 місяців тому +1

Try not to say "kind of" so much

• @dalecarpenter8828
    @dalecarpenter8828 Рік тому +1

yeah don't say the price first ,no one will watch the rest of the vid