My Casio Oceanus Rabbit Hole: Past, Present, & Future ⌚⌚⌚ I Got a T3000!

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 28 лип 2024
  • What is up, my watch friends?!? So, check this out… if you follow my channel, you know I’ve been going down the Oceanus rabbit hole and I have been loving it! Check out my Oceanus Playlist here: • Casio Oceanus .
    Today, I want to share with you the Casio Oceanus that I’ve experienced in the past, the Oceanus that I own in the present, and all of the Oceanus that are on my wish list and that I want to buy in the future. Do you own any of these models? If so, let me know what your experience with them has been. Is there anything about them I should know that doesn’t come across in the photos?
    CHAPTERS:
    00:00 Casio Oceanus
    1:05 PAST: Borrowing a Casio Oceanus OCW-T3000-2AJF
    2:05 PRESENT: Buying a Casio Oceanus OCW-T3000-2AJF and OCW-T200S-1AJF
    3:03 Selling my Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF
    6:46 FUTURE: All the Casio Oceanus on My Wish List
    7:16 Casio Oceanus OCW-S2000-1AJF
    7:58 Casio Oceanus OCW-T150-2AJF
    9:09 Casio Oceanus OCW-T5000-1AJF
    11:15 Casio Oceanus OCW-T200S-2AJF
    If you have a question that I didn't cover in the video, please comment below and I'll try to respond as soon as I can.
    Keep the insanity sane!
    FOLLOW AT:
    ➡️ Instagram: / horologyinsanity
    ➡️ Facebook: / horologyinsanity
    EMAIL: horologyinsanity@gmail.com
    AN IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION ON SPONSORED CONTENT AND PAID PROMOTION:
    As always, this is not paid content. I refuse to let this channel be an extension of some company's marketing scheme. I receive zero compensation of any form to make these videos. Being a part of a Watch Tour or borrowing a watch from a friend in no way obligates me to make a video, nor to say one thing or another in any videos I do choose to make. If it did or was insinuated to be, I would not participate. Most everything you see on this channel, I personally paid for (and usually not at a discount, unless a sale was available to the entire public). In short, I am doing this channel because I want to include it within my watch hobby. I will continue to say anything I want on this channel, without bowing down to any shill editorial control. I do this under no other obligation or desire, other than to continue contributing back to the amazing enthusiasts that make this hobby so great!
    FAIR USE NOTIFICATION AND DISCLAIMER:
    This video may contain copyrighted material. The use of this material has not been specially authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available for the purpose of criticism, comment, review, and/or news reporting, which constitute "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment, review, and/or news reporting is not an infringement of copyright. This video was created to abide by UA-cam's Terms of Service.
    The purpose of this video is to discuss or critique the material included. The creator harbors no malicious intent. This video may contain jokes, satire, and negative criticism of other individuals and their ideas, or of companies/brands and their products, but it is intended as a platform to discuss or critique these things and does not constitute a personal attack or abuse of another individual, company, or brand. While this video may contain material that some may perceive as "hurtful" or "negative," that is not the purpose of this video. This material is created for entertainment, comedic, satirical, or similarly enjoyable purposes that are not intended to cause offense or humiliation. Recordings in this video were made in accordance with the laws of the country in which the filming took place and were not created for malicious purposes.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 38

• @MarkM58
    @MarkM58 Рік тому +3

My first Oceanus was the T200. My second was the S5000 Manta. My latest one is the P2000, and it tends to get the most wrist time. I love them all. I may be looking for another one soon!

• @bigdreams5554
    @bigdreams5554 3 місяці тому

I got the T200 w white dial. Love it. Fell in love w the P1000, hoping to save up and buy it soon. Oceanus is pretty amazing.

• @skd
    @skd 6 місяців тому

The T200 is great with a fabric bracelet (the one with the buckle, not the NATO one). Not only it is lighter, but it looks amazing. I have a dark blue bracelet on a white and blue dial. It looks amazing. It's my daily driver for months.

• @edwardlican
    @edwardlican Рік тому +1

I like Oceanus a lot. I have the green T4000, it is so beautiful. I also have a light blue T200 and T150 and they are very nice too. I love the solar power, bluetooth connection and radio , and the accuracy that it maintain. Thanks for the wonderful video. I really enjoy your video.

• @lskovly
    @lskovly Рік тому

Got the T-150, and i think you will love it, great watch, amazing colour. Got lot`s of compliments.

• @samwang5831
    @samwang5831 9 місяців тому +1

s100 is my pick, I wish Casio would continue this model with different dial color and marker styles.

• @samanthaevilsizer7823
    @samanthaevilsizer7823 Рік тому +1

They're actually all beautiful!

• @farozmarzoki
    @farozmarzoki Рік тому

Great video! I had the privilege to be in Japan and grabbed one of this. I never knew about Oceanus until recently. I got the new T200S-7AJF, the lume and snow white dial is just 😍. You should check it out.

• @user-fq3uh7bt1t
    @user-fq3uh7bt1t Рік тому +1

Love Oceanus, just wish they would do more readily available colorways than blue. I know there are exceptions, but mostly some shade of blue.

• @quasimodo1427
    @quasimodo1427 Рік тому +1

I love my ocw-t4000c-3ajf. Got it about 2 weeks ago. Very unique color

• @Z-S-H
    @Z-S-H Рік тому

I didn't know so many different models of the oceanus were made, nice informative vid man! Enjoyed it! 🙂👍
    I like the model with the roman numerals out of the ones you showed today.
    PS Edit: As a Casio fan myself I'm currently saving for one of the new GShock MTG 3000 series watches.

• @chuknorth
    @chuknorth 8 місяців тому

No doubt these are great watches. Just ordered a 5000 and a 4000. Great colours. Thanks for the vid.

• @grahamyoung622
    @grahamyoung622 Рік тому

Ha, see my comments on your previous post of the 3 models you did 4 months ago! Great choice, enjoy.

• @ezcampergmail
    @ezcampergmail Рік тому +2

I am actually glad you didn't take me up on the sale. I don't know what I was thinking. I really like the T3000. I think the S100 might need to go, so I can get a T200.

• @HorologyinSanity
      @HorologyinSanity  Рік тому

Do it! Then we can be twinsies. In fact, I should have thrown in my T200 for you borrow. Help remind me and I'll include it in the next batch I send you.

• @justinholmes5614
    @justinholmes5614 Рік тому +1

That T200 has got to be my next watch.

• @jeffshaw4039
    @jeffshaw4039 Рік тому +1

I like these watches i have the t 150 glad I have it.

• @Likwidl
    @Likwidl Рік тому

With the Yan dropping this is the perfect time to pick up an Oceanus. I’m looking for something in the range of 800 to 1000$ to commemorate a big life event in December

• @stavros_katsopr
    @stavros_katsopr Рік тому

An Ocean(us) of great wathces...
    Damn Josh, seems we're in the same rabbit holes, Oceanus and squares (holes??😜😂) are great to dig for. Big problem though is that you have to try them, especially squares...
    Enjoy whatever you love mate, cheers.
    PS I'd "kill" for a Cartier SolarBeat right now! Oh, and OCW-T200S-2AJ... Guess i'll stay "in" for a while! 👀

• @slowbluesmaster
    @slowbluesmaster Рік тому

Nice to find some Oceanus love! T200SLE-2AJR (mid-blue dial) owner here. Would you be willing to review a unique Oceanus model, the 'hybrid' OCW-G2000? That's atomic clock (RC), GPS and Bluetooth sync, something you'll only find in some G-Shock models. On the official Oceanus page of Casio Japan, they're only listing the OCW-G2000RA-1AJF, and it's a stunner (like all of them), frankly. But the 'hybrid' tech (RC & GPS) sets it apart. It's expensive, but IMHO worth a closer look (perhaps with some 'field' testing?)

• @brocklanders6969
    @brocklanders6969 Рік тому +4

I have the black S100 and light blue T150. I wish they offered more simple dial options, like a diver or GMT, etc. I'm not a high fan of many of their busy dial high-end models. The blue S3000 is a possibility, but it is a little thick for my taste. I really like the thinness of the 5000 and 6000, but they are too expensive. I wish the T200 was titanium -- would buy the green dial version in a second. I recently sold my vintage Rolex Air King (bought new in 1990) and have been focusing on value watches. After recently buying and selling some microbrands and a Longines Hydroconquest, I discovered Oceanus. I am all in now.

• @thomaslinton5765
      @thomaslinton5765 Рік тому

T150 is too complicated? No subdials, and no dreck all around the bezel like "divers."

• @brocklanders6969
      @brocklanders6969 Рік тому

@@thomaslinton5765 Reread. I have the S100 and T150. I wish they offered more simple dial options. All the others are too complicated (sub dials) other than the T200 which is a no go for me due to no titanium.

• @srikanthreddy2469
      @srikanthreddy2469 10 днів тому

Hey I know I’m late but just wanted to ask how do the dial sizes compare? Is the t150 larger than s100?

• @eliransabak1447
    @eliransabak1447 Рік тому +1

How about the ocw p2000? A beast of a diver

• @catherinewallen2311
    @catherinewallen2311 7 місяців тому

Josh you have the same name as my brother, that’s besides the point I have a Oceanus too

• @brotherandrew3393
    @brotherandrew3393 Рік тому +2

It is a pity that the T200 is not made of titanium.

• @mltain39
    @mltain39 Рік тому +1

Your wife is standing right behind you isn't she? Blink 3 times if you need help.
    Great video, thinking of saving up for an Oceanus now.

• @cossack814
    @cossack814 Рік тому +1

I wish the S100 came in a light blue dial…

• @johngamboa999
    @johngamboa999 Рік тому +1

I got the t200 and I'm loving it. I call it the superwatch. Let's see the 2ajf. I think it's better to buy brand new direct from Japan. They sell for much lower than those ebay prices

• @danx5005
    @danx5005 Рік тому +1

I would love the t200 for the stunning blue dial but my wrist is too small, so instead I have the s100

• @MarkM58
      @MarkM58 Рік тому

The T200 actually wears a little small. Great watch!

• @danx5005
      @danx5005 Рік тому

@@MarkM58 I got a six and half inch wrist LMAO

• @dcjr1053
    @dcjr1053 Рік тому +1

I think I would have kept the S100 and ditched the T200. I have a T2610 with a S100 on the way.

• @Gary-ib8dz
      @Gary-ib8dz Рік тому

Why do you like the S100 over the T200? I've been thinking about getting one of them

• @dcjr1053
      @dcjr1053 Рік тому

@@Gary-ib8dz The S100 has the Zaratsu polishing and TIC titanium going for it, which I believe looks nicer. I usually prefer stainless over titanium, but not with these Oceaunus'. My T2610 is Zaratsu polished TIC titanium as well and it is really nice. I also prefer the indices and hands of the S100 over the T200. But these are just my personal preferences, I'm sure some prefer T200. I think both are pretty dang nice, but I'm glad I went with the S100.

• @thebaker8637
      @thebaker8637 11 місяців тому

@@Gary-ib8dz S100 finishing is next level, looks way more premium to me, especially considering it’s titanium. The coating makes the bracelet scratch very gracefully compared to steel. I am getting beautiful tool watch vibes from the amazing finishing + simple dial with blue accents that are a bit polarising, think Grand Seiko meets Milgauss. T200 gives me Vacheron, which is fine but it does not align with my lifestyle.
      The T200 is a little pushing it on my 7” wrist, I feel the S100 is just the perfect size where anything bigger will start looking too big to me.
      The integrated bracelet is a PITA on the S100 but only for the reason of replacement parts down the line, I don’t think I’d want to take this off the bracelet.
      I prefer not having BT as an engineer as radio signals can be replicated using a pair of smartphone speakers or parts costing under $20 vs a standard that might become obsolete or vulnerable later. I can always hack up some code to reverse engineer the app if it becomes unavailable, but this might not be an option for you. If you live in most of Africa, North/Central/western South America, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, parts of Indonesia, the watch will be set to a time zone that can receive signals even if the tower is out of range, so this is a better option. But this is the one objective reason where I think it might make sense to go with the T200 if it can’t receive where you live.