Why Everyone is keeping a Lenovo ThinkPad T480

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 26 тра 2024
  • Everyone is keeping their Lenovo ThinkPad T480 Notebook, and I really do think you should keep yours too.
    🔥𝗕𝘂𝘆 𝗟𝗲𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗱 𝗧𝟰𝟴𝟬
    hardwaremoney.de/b/lenovo-thi...
    amzn.to/3UWICh9
    ebay.us/bv1IhY
    Hardwaremoney:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram: / hardwaremoney
    TikTok: / hardwaremoney
    Blog: hardwaremoney.de/blog/tech-ar...
    Equipments
    Sony ZV-1 Camera on Amazon amzn.to/438c5aF
    Sony GP-VPT2BT Bluetooth handle on Amazon amzn.to/3WAKxIK
    Sony ZV-1 Dummy Battery on Amazon amzn.to/45vILfT
    RØDE Wireless GO II on Amazon amzn.to/45BqQEu
    NEEWER CB60 60W LED Video Light 5600K on Amazon amzn.to/3MZoGHF
    RGB LED light stick 3200K-5600K on Amazon amzn.to/3N0z2qU
    ED Strip 12.5M, LED Strips on Amazon amzn.to/3q9DuKR
    NEEWER 10ft / 305cm Two Way Tripod on Amazon amzn.to/3oAm1uE
    Pergear Tripod Head Heavy Duty on Amazon amzn.to/3BWTvq8
    HDMI Capture Card with Loop Out on Amazon amzn.to/3IJ6OhK
    High Speed USB 3.0 Card Reader on Amazon amzn.to/3MGmbc5
    I participates in the Amazon and eBay affiliate programmes and earns commissions from qualified sales.
  • Наука та технологія

КОМЕНТАРІ • 60

• @DannyMexen9
    @DannyMexen9 Місяць тому +11

It’s an incredible laptop! I own one for cybersecurity and it’s perfect for my use case. The upgradability is insane!

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  Місяць тому +5

if a cybersecurity Pro says its incredible.. that’s pretty much it😉 - just kiddin

• @jmpoder
    @jmpoder 15 днів тому +1

One chip on mine decided to become a toasty chip burning the pcb and some traces 😢, but i think i will make a frankenlaptop in the future buying every extra part mine didn't came with ❤, it last me like 5 years, it was a good soldier

• @nemowei5553
    @nemowei5553 28 днів тому

I write at the moment from my Thinkpad T480 with Windows 11 Pro. Still an amazing laptop. Use it on daily basis for work and private.

• @visionz1003
    @visionz1003 28 днів тому

great video! as always

• @Sma5hy
    @Sma5hy 29 днів тому +1

On my T470 I've so far had to... upgrade the ram to 16gig, clean out the fan and re-paste the CPU, and replace the hard drive... now my keyboard stopped working I'll have to clean or replace that soon. Sometimes taking care of what we love takes some effort. I'm probably going to use this device as a backup now and pick up a E14 gen 5, they look pretty decent.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  29 днів тому

hopefully cleaning the keybboard should help. i am yet to come accross an outright defective thinkpad keyboard. E14 is also cool. 😉

• @Sma5hy
      @Sma5hy 29 днів тому

@@Hardwaremoney Oh, no I literally spilled something on it hahahaha

• @Hardwaremoney

@@Sma5hy i see..

• @michaelfrancismorre3387
    @michaelfrancismorre3387 16 днів тому

I recently just got mine as well, its the i7-8650u with the nvidia mx150. At first I was worried about the thunderbolt and heating issue but after downloading lenovo vantage to make sure everything is up to date and trying out some light games to monitor cpu&gpu temps which sits at 70°. I've also opened (and yes I've broken a single clip) it and checked the condition of the internals, seem clean enough.
    Seems like everything checks out. I think its alright, right? Am I missing something?

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  16 днів тому +1

everything in point Bro😉

• @KrishnashishMunshi
      @KrishnashishMunshi 12 днів тому

can you please tell me where i can buy it from? i am only seeing refurbished options on amazon

• @michaelfrancismorre3387
      @michaelfrancismorre3387 12 днів тому

I bought mine locally, 2nd hand from FB Market Place. We really don't have a lot of options to buy these things

• @manueltopete3790
    @manueltopete3790 24 дні тому

I just got an T480 and I absolutely love it

• @Cabbage6952
    @Cabbage6952 7 днів тому +1

got my t480 with the i5 and upgraded the ssd to 2tb m.2 and the ram to 64gb and install the bigger fan upgrade then goes on the i7 with the gpu and repasted the cpu and gpu with thermal paste and my temps dropped from 76c down to 49c , then installed ubuntu and update the firmware with terminal using a command line to 23.0 then uninstalled since I dont need ubuntu. but i love the keyboard compared to my old m1 macbook air never going back to mac. If this laptop stops working im gonna get a amd thinkpad cause the temps on intel chips are Hott!!.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  7 днів тому

amazing what you have done with the machine😉

• @starrequiem6053
    @starrequiem6053 28 днів тому +2

Is it good at playing games if it has 64 gb ram? And if so what is the usual amount of fps to expect?

• @nikhil_jhaa
      @nikhil_jhaa 19 днів тому

For some lower end games, yeah you can play them without any stutters (indie games will rock on one of these)
      but for graphical demanding multiplayer games it wont be a good experience imo

• @Duraputer
      @Duraputer 9 днів тому

Extra ram won't increase playability significantly, the games will be limited due to graphics. Some older games might be alright playing on it.

• @shubhammohnani8137
    @shubhammohnani8137 Місяць тому

Please reply, from where i get the old laptop plus new battery 72 whr? How much will be the battery backup?

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  Місяць тому

all depends in where you live Bro, have got some few links in the description

• @shubhammohnani8137
      @shubhammohnani8137 Місяць тому

Hey, where to get the new/decent 72 whr battery​? I am from INDIA(SOUTH EAST ASIA)@@Hardwaremoney

• @WashRag727
      @WashRag727 21 день тому

@@shubhammohnani8137nehru place lol

• @HansCCT_Gaming
    @HansCCT_Gaming 28 днів тому

I got a ThinkPad T480, bought it as a secondary laptop. My main laptop is a ThinkPad E580

• @ruzaqir354
    @ruzaqir354 21 день тому

i got it for like 265 dolar last year upgrade the ram to 16gb and got new ssd to512 and new battery 72 WaH that can stay almost 5 hours ... i bought 2 of it if im working outside .. now this my daily driver working spreadsheets and word abit dusty when i got it but still realible

• @discotecc
    @discotecc 25 днів тому

Is the CPU fast enough to handle 6+ chrome tabs and visual studio?

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  25 днів тому

6+tabs, YES! visual studio, would need to chech the system requirements myself 😉

• @suvensusu
    @suvensusu 27 днів тому

Can T480 run cad programs smoothly? (like solidwork,autocad,fusion360 etc.)

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  27 днів тому

haven’t tried it myself 😉

• @elmertalara7915
      @elmertalara7915 15 днів тому

My t480 i5 8gen can run autocad and adobe illustrator

• @j.k.3044
      @j.k.3044 11 днів тому

​@@elmertalara7915 i think of getting one for my mechatronics engineering bachelor, do u think its underpowerd?

• @dopplerdog6817
    @dopplerdog6817 День тому

I ended up making a "new" t480 all from parts bought from AliExpress. It probably cost more than one I could have bought second hand, I just wanted to make a "new" one.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  День тому +1

Really? so you found a new way out 😅

• @dopplerdog6817
      @dopplerdog6817 День тому

@@Hardwaremoney yes, and I'm certain it's 100% non genuine, but it works perfectly

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  20 годин тому

@@dopplerdog6817 amazing

• @user-xy1vk6xp7g
    @user-xy1vk6xp7g 10 днів тому

Hello, everyone
    What is screen replace for touchscreen FHD 14" i5-8350? Did someone do something?

• @ItsAmill
    @ItsAmill 27 днів тому

I just got my hand in one seems like it bitcoin of laptop

• @user-oj1ng4pv4i
    @user-oj1ng4pv4i 28 днів тому

I have half a dozen think-pad, I don't think T480 is GOT. perhaps X280 is. besides all 8th Gen laptops are perhaps has the best stable drivers compared to 9th and 10th Gen.

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  28 днів тому

x280.. i still have to first check it out 😉

• @manos.tz_
    @manos.tz_ 28 днів тому +1

No upgradable cpu tho

• @Hardwaremoney

8 Gen Core i5 is already good enough😉

• @rafiy7150
      @rafiy7150 28 днів тому

@@Hardwaremoney but with the same amount of money you can get n100 similar performance but more power efficient, tho these cheap laptop mostly have bad build quality

• @murgor
    @murgor 20 днів тому

compare it to the t480s

• @RebootedPoppy783
    @RebootedPoppy783 14 днів тому

He can handle valorant game?

• @jackrenders8937
    @jackrenders8937 Місяць тому

the GPU is the only thing that lets it down

• @Hardwaremoney
      @Hardwaremoney  Місяць тому +2

well.. depends on what you are using it for 😉

• @jackrenders8937
      @jackrenders8937 Місяць тому

@@Hardwaremoney It would be just fine for daily task or programming, but gaming anything more intense than minecraft will run really bad. The T480s has a dual heatsink by default, so it should be slightly better.

• @Hardwaremoney

@@jackrenders8937 true, would definitely not recommend for heavy gaming + heavy video editing 😉

• @anti-macro
      @anti-macro 29 днів тому

I went for a T495 exactly for that reason - you lose the external battery but you still get a free RAM slot, and the IGPU in the Ryzen 5 Pro (or R7 if you get that one) absolutely smokes the one in the i5/i7. In fact you’d need an 11th gen Intel CPU to match that IGPU performance
      Best part is that you can find it for much cheaper than the price of a T480 despite it being newer

• @Hardwaremoney

@@anti-macro well, that newer t495 is still cheaper than an older t480 already says a lot, that the market saying we believe in the t480 😉