Hypothalamic Pituitary Thyroid Axis (regulation, TRH, TSH, thyroid hormones T3 and T4)

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 16 вер 2024
  • Buy PDFs here: armandoh.org/shop
    "The hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis plays the major role in regulating thyroid hormone homeostasis in the body. The thyroid hormone are very important in fetal development and metabolism in adults. Important structures are the hypothalamus, pituitary gland specifically the anterior pituitary gland and the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is located at the base of the neck and wraps around the trachea just below the cricoid cartilage .
    Here is a zoomed in structure of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. The hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis (HPT axis) is under the control of neurons located in the medial region of the PVN that synthesize and release thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) into the pituitary portal circulation. Thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH), which is a tripeptide, stimulates the release of thyrotropin (TSH) from the anterior pituitary, which in turn stimulates the synthesis and release of thyroid hormones.
    Again thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) stimulates the synthesis and secretion of thyroid-stimulating hormone, TSH), which acts at the thyroid to stimulate all steps of TH biosynthesis and secretion. The THs thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3) control the secretion of TRH and TSH by negative feedback to maintain physiological levels of the main hormones of the HPT axis.
    Reduction of circulating TH levels due to primary thyroid failure results in increased TRH and TSH production, whereas if there is high TH the opposite occurs, there will be low T3 and T 4.
    The functional unit of the thyroid gland are the follicles made up of follicular cells. The centre of the follicle is the colloid. The thyroid gland has a rich blood supply. Here are capillaries. Next to the follicles are the parafollicular cells also known as C cells which produce calcitonin another hormone, which does not really have an important role in humans."
    Support me:
    🖼️ Buy PDFs: armandoh.org/shop
    💵 Patreon: / armando
    👕 Buy shirts: teespring.com/...
    Social media:
    📷 Instagram: / armandohasudungan
    🐦 Twitter: / armandohasudung
    📔 Facebook: / armandohasudungan
    Resources:
    📕 Books: armandoh.org/re...
    🎞️ Equipment: armandoh.org/armando-faigl
    You can send me mail:
    📫 PO BOX 166, Randwick NSW 2031, Australia

КОМЕНТАРІ • 102

• @fernandaneubauermoledzki3005
    @fernandaneubauermoledzki3005 5 років тому +62

Hi Armando, I just wanted to let you know how important your videos and teachings were to me and my career as a critical care RN. I am immensely thankful to you for proving this incredible free material to all. I often go back to your videos and I am forever grateful!

• @Casualbystander
    @Casualbystander 4 роки тому +15

I have a midterm later today, this was so clear and concise. Thank you so much, you didn’t have to make this video but you did and I am so thankful for that!

• @superrstarr007
    @superrstarr007 7 місяців тому +1

Thanks for taking the time to explain the biomechnics of the thyroid gland and the way thyroid hormones interact with the human body. Excellently explained! Thank you

• @howtomedicate
    @howtomedicate 5 років тому +4

As always very clear, informative and fun to watch! That is what makes you my favorite medical youtuber

• @eridixon9004
    @eridixon9004 10 місяців тому

Dude this was amazing, you explained my 2 hour long lecture (3rd year endocrine physiology) in 5 minutes and made it make sense! Thank you so much

• @sandragjukikj6056
    @sandragjukikj6056 4 роки тому +2

Hello, just wanted to let you know that you are helping me a lot with my studies! Be blessed

• @Ryomaechizen29
    @Ryomaechizen29 4 роки тому +2

My med boards are coming up and your videos are really a great help! Keep up the good work :)

• @pansuriyaavani
    @pansuriyaavani 5 років тому +2

Such a mind blowing skill of teaching. It’s a visual delight. You make it more interesting and less complicated 👍 keep doing that it’s really helpful for us.

• @tiredjedi
    @tiredjedi 9 місяців тому

watched this before taking myfinal. total lifesaver for the question that stumped me. thank you!

• @tak2malay24
    @tak2malay24 4 роки тому +1

I do not know what i would be without your teaching. i am forever gareful!thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank u sir, respect from INDIA

• @rafatrasheed5366
    @rafatrasheed5366 3 роки тому

Your way of presenting any topic is so vivid and good.👍

• @smkishtiak
    @smkishtiak 2 роки тому +1

Easy, short and concise! Thanks a bunch!

• @jellybellykatiedebre5908
      @jellybellykatiedebre5908 2 роки тому

Lost my sense of smell to Covid 19 and I also have hypothyroidism Last year and since then I've been searching for cure until I came across Dr iyaremoses on UA-cam channel with herbs remedy am completely cured.

• @adharvs7215
    @adharvs7215 5 років тому +2

Have a test tomorrow, this really helped. Thank you.

• @superman200021
    @superman200021 3 роки тому

Thanks helped a lot most people don’t go into enough detail on these

• @officialandrerieu7389
      @officialandrerieu7389 2 роки тому

Thank you Dr iyaremoses on UA-cam for curing me permanently from hypothyroidism

• @Importman2009
    @Importman2009 4 роки тому +2

Really great drawing. Great presentation. Just an observation you have TRH as thyroid releasing hormone on the diagram it should read thyrotropin releasing hormone.

• @Yousefmmohammed
    @Yousefmmohammed 4 роки тому

Man all i can say is that you're a legend man👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    I'm seriously in loss for words 😢🙏

• @foodietraveller1609
    @foodietraveller1609 5 років тому +1

Ur videos r very important & amazing ...I am preparing for teaching exam of biology... these videos r help me... I request u to plz give video on all physiology topic....

• @ImranKhan-yr5ju
    @ImranKhan-yr5ju 5 років тому

Hello Armando. Hope for the best. Please Make some anatomic pathophysiology/Biosignal transduction videos of neuropsychiatric brain disorders like Addiction, depression, anxiety, and Pain. I will be really thankful to you, There is no match with you. you are performing an outstanding job in the field of Medical Sciences. You make things extremely simple, comprehensive and the knowledge is highly in-depth which fulfills all the level of education from undergrad to postgrad. Cheers

• @manel5947
    @manel5947 4 роки тому +1

Thank you for existing 💖

• @michellew4634
    @michellew4634 3 роки тому +2

this is such a great video!

• @mennarayan4831
    @mennarayan4831 3 місяці тому

this was so helpful thanks a lot!

• @kostaschousianiths6076
    @kostaschousianiths6076 5 років тому +1

Thank you for this amazing video. Really helped me understand a part of my problem

• @detown50000
    @detown50000 5 років тому +1

I have learned much from you, thank you immensely!

• @tylerchleborad216
    @tylerchleborad216 3 роки тому

Ridiculously helpful!

• @pontefit4447
    @pontefit4447 2 роки тому

First time i read about thyroid hormone pathway i was so damn confuse. Your explanation make it so easy to understand

• @dfwm6660
    @dfwm6660 3 роки тому

I can't win, my doctor tells me I got an overactive pituitary gland a underactive thyroid but my T cells are ok.. is it me or does this make no sense??? They won't explain nothing to me.. and when I sure this l thought this is great now I can find out what's going on.. wrong i actually need a medical degree to understand it.. this is mind blowing.. I have total respect for anyone who is in or studying in a medical field because you guys are amazing.. apart from my doctor. Well there's always one.. and I still don't know exactly what's wrong with you.. JUST ONE THING YOU SHOULD REPLY TO THESE GUYS QUESTIONS.. THEY ARE MEDICAL STUDENTS.. HELP THEM.. GOOD LUCK GUYS..X

• @monicanixon5140
    @monicanixon5140 4 роки тому

This may help those of us who know something is wrong and need to be educated to ask (not self diagnose ) the right questions in the very limited time we have with medical professionals.
    My genuine appreciation ♤°•~.

• @meedo2009k
    @meedo2009k 5 років тому +1

Nice illustration

• @ethkaz
    @ethkaz 3 роки тому

Clear and concise, top notch vids

Lost my sense of smell to Covid 19 and I also have hypothyroidism Last year and since then I've been searching for cure until I came across Dr iyaremoses on UA-cam channel with herbs remedy am completely cured.

• @DonBlomdahlHOF
    @DonBlomdahlHOF 5 років тому

TYVM for this infomative content. You must have a following in the medical field will share this with my Daughter who is in the field.

• @MikeMike-ed8hg
    @MikeMike-ed8hg 5 років тому

Best video of all time

• @podapoda3515
    @podapoda3515 3 роки тому

Thank you So Muchhh i jus wanted to brush up in a short time nd this really helped a lott ☺️

• @jeanrolanda
    @jeanrolanda 5 років тому

Great video!!!!! Thank you very much for your help.

• @eddieg3536
    @eddieg3536 2 роки тому

Thank you for this video!

• @amzaranuar5279
    @amzaranuar5279 2 роки тому

Thank you Sir for your exquisite videos.

• @zeus5298
    @zeus5298 3 роки тому

very clear and brief, thank you.

• @Beowulf-wt3kb
    @Beowulf-wt3kb 6 місяців тому

Have you made a video that discusses the interplay between liver health and gut health when it comes to thyroid function? Seems these two areas help with the conversion from T4 to T3. Also, I’m trying to understand whether I should take iodine or not. I was taking it, but my numbers are coming back, looking like Hashimoto’s, which they say taking iodine could destroy your thyroid. So I don’t really understand what I’m supposed to do. I’m actually getting a redraw because my numbers are way too high, as well as I’ve taken care of myself.

• @courtneysimons3344
    @courtneysimons3344 4 роки тому

Nicely done!

• @dr.ven_cut8635
    @dr.ven_cut8635 5 років тому

Thanks ... your channel is awesome bro...

• @ethanjohnson8107
    @ethanjohnson8107 3 роки тому

Very helpful!

• @jonosoot
    @jonosoot 4 роки тому

Fantastic video, thank you.

• @arumnirden9275
    @arumnirden9275 5 років тому

Excellent work 👌

• @pharmacistsperspective3353
    @pharmacistsperspective3353 5 років тому

Great video

• @annchen8303
    @annchen8303 5 років тому

Can you make a video on bronchodilators?

• @suronjitsingha7848
    @suronjitsingha7848 4 роки тому

Nice 👌Thanks for it.

• @Dudesofdestruction
    @Dudesofdestruction 5 років тому +1

Merci! 🙏

• @fikrikiky8445
    @fikrikiky8445 5 років тому +1

How you make this video?tutorial please😊

• @reroonlyrero5778
    @reroonlyrero5778 3 роки тому

why i am worried and have anxiety at day time but as sunset it disappers, please tell me, i am suffering from this 😭

• @izzylupariello5269
    @izzylupariello5269 3 роки тому

Where do D1/D2 cells come into play? are they just the target cells

• @user-zi4ly8xf6p
    @user-zi4ly8xf6p 5 років тому

s'il vous plait est ce que le stress stimule ou inhibe la sécrétion des hormones thyroïdiennes ... et merci beaucoup pour votre vidéo

• @jamiebutterfly4728
    @jamiebutterfly4728 5 років тому

Awesome!

• @reginaphaomeiregina
    @reginaphaomeiregina 3 роки тому

Tq so much ❤️❤️

• @jituchowdhury1744
    @jituchowdhury1744 4 роки тому

Hi doctor

• @llamattude
    @llamattude 2 роки тому

So, I have a extremely high thyroglobulin count does that mean I do not have enough thyroxin or to much? What if TSH says you are making to much hormone, but T3 and T4 are very low? My main issue is staying stable, and trying to figure out why.

• @StoneDebby-y8f
    @StoneDebby-y8f 7 днів тому

Purdy Lake

• @mundanemonday7091
    @mundanemonday7091 4 роки тому

hello sir ,was wondering,if i have questions from this lesson where can i ask them? also i do not expect complete answer,just give the sources which i can refer to ,that would be enough too.thanks

• @zain.m2962
    @zain.m2962 5 років тому

thanks❤❤

• @sistatazana5218
    @sistatazana5218 2 роки тому

What is a Goiter? and is it a serious issue?

• @WindyVinzy
    @WindyVinzy 3 роки тому +1

I don't understand all the medical terms...does all these means that my condition makes me more dumb and useless? cuz I feel that way now 🙁

• @drnickriviera7476
      @drnickriviera7476 3 роки тому

Hypothyroidism causes mental retardation
      Thyroid hormones are required for neurotransmitter synthesis
      Myelination of axons
      Growth of cerebellar cortices basal ganglia
      Retardation is irreversible

• @Abeer-st9op
    @Abeer-st9op Рік тому

Doctor my T4 is 1.42 ng/dl
    TSH is 16.400 ulU/ml
    Is everything in normal what can I do ? Should I use euthyrox 25 forever ?

• @mohammedalhalabi3351
    @mohammedalhalabi3351 4 роки тому

you are great

• @tigerlilly6895
    @tigerlilly6895 3 роки тому

Thank you so much, so my question is does T3/T4 control both TRH and TSH simultaneously OR does T3/T4 reset TRH and then TRH resets TSH...? Thanks in advance for any reply :)

• @hooliganchild3575
    @hooliganchild3575 4 роки тому

what do I do? I sweat alot for no reason in my below area and my thighs are bigger then what they use to be

• @mariaduarte8638
    @mariaduarte8638 4 роки тому

What if you have a normal TSH and low T4? Could T3 be high?

• @superbroxii
    @superbroxii 3 роки тому

why I feel nausea when my tsh goes up above 3??? is it sth wrong with my brain????

• @jhonatanfiesta
    @jhonatanfiesta 3 роки тому

a explicação parece muito boa, mas não entendo nada de Eng :(

• @SERGIO-cr6uy
    @SERGIO-cr6uy 4 роки тому

So we have tiny testicules in the brain?

• @nomadicrn7674
    @nomadicrn7674 3 роки тому

So in a nutshell, The Hypothalamus senses that we are LOW on T3, T4 and, as all managers do- pass this message on to the next in charge- the pituitary. The title of the report is called, Thyroid Release (Hormone). They say you got that Pituitary? Pituitary says, uhhhhh no, but I know who to pass that one to. And it sends its own request to the Thyroid. Their report is titled Thyroid Stimulate (Hormone). The thyroid goes oh shoot, we are slacking and management found out. Start cranking out the T3 and T4!
    Ergo LOW T3T4 means HIGH increase in reports sent, TRH and TSH :)

• @officialandrerieu7389

• @kCI251
    @kCI251 2 роки тому

Emphasis on the syllables just needs a little work.

• @Drstar-rg9wp
    @Drstar-rg9wp 3 роки тому

Ammmmmmazing❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• @someguysomewhere4280
    @someguysomewhere4280 2 роки тому

his accent doesn't bother my American ears, but he puts the emphasis on different syllables. took me a minute to understand when he said trachEa and caPILlary

• @officialandrerieu7389

• @ReiKrisRazo
    @ReiKrisRazo 3 роки тому

Aren't you British Artist but also a Scientist?

• @khachapuri_
    @khachapuri_ 3 роки тому

makes sense now.. there are balls in the brain

• @RaheelRehmat117
    @RaheelRehmat117 4 місяці тому

15:42₩☆🇵🇰🧭®️

• @chenganLiu
    @chenganLiu 16 днів тому

高中生物负反馈调节😥

• @faridayeasmin3767
    @faridayeasmin3767 4 роки тому

Hey