Canon EOS M6 II review: IN-DEPTH vs A6400 vs X-T30

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 вер 2019
  • Canon EOS M6 II - in-depth review of Canon's best APSC mirrorless!
    Check prices at B&H: bhpho.to/2ZqAw5N or Amazon: amzn.to/2ovHNAg
    Buy Gordon a coffee: www.paypal.me/cameralabs
    Gordon's In Camera book at Amazon: amzn.to/2n61PfI / Amazon uk: amzn.to/2mBqRVZ
    Like Cameralabs? Get the T-Shirt: redbubble.com/people/camerala...
    Filmed with the Sony A6400 and e 24mm: bhpho.to/2CqYrEs
    00:58 - Design and controls, screen, EVF, ports, battery
    07:17 - Lenses
    09:55 - Autofocus with native and adapted lenses
    13:01 - RAW burst mode
    15:33 - Shutter types - mechanical, electronic, bulb timer
    17:05 - Focus bracketing and stacking
    18:08 - Movies, quality, slow motion, 4k vs 1080, autofocus
    24:46 - Sensor and photo quality, resolution vs 24 Megapixels
    28:40 - Final verdict
  • Наука та технологія

КОМЕНТАРІ • 499

• @731Woodworks
    @731Woodworks 3 роки тому +13

By far the best review on this camera I've watched. Good job.

• @CAPTAINDRONE798
    @CAPTAINDRONE798 4 роки тому +5

Picked this up for use on my Channel reviews. So far, it is outstanding.

• @imjooboy
    @imjooboy 4 роки тому

I certainly appreciate your straightforward reviews without clickbait headlines like some other reviewers. Well done!

• @nguyentony_
    @nguyentony_ 4 роки тому +4

Just returned to this video after I bought the M6 Mark II. The video helped me a lot when deciding. Thanks!

• @azatecas
    @azatecas 4 роки тому

man i have been binging your videos and they are very well made with plenty of information regarding every question i had! you rock sir

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

Thanks! Glad you found me!

• @snowwalker9999
    @snowwalker9999 4 роки тому +4

I wonder if any other review could top your review of this camera. Like always the most comprehensive reviews ever. I might buy you a coffee on here and if I get to meet you. Keep up the great work Gordon!

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому +2

Thankyou! I try my hardest to cover everything I can think of and just hope it's useful and interesting for other people too!

• @timonsku
    @timonsku 4 роки тому

Thanks for the detailed overview! Helped a lot choosing a camera.

• @Saad-gy2gf
    @Saad-gy2gf 4 роки тому

Thank you. This video has answered so many questions I had about m6 mk2.

• @trouvaillebyAamir
    @trouvaillebyAamir 4 роки тому +31

This is so good, it like a lesson about these cameras. I loved the split screen comparison, its puts a lot of doubts to rest. Thank you..

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому +10

You're very welcome, it's a lot of work, so nice to hear when people find it useful!

• @ScottJWaldron
    @ScottJWaldron 4 роки тому +4

Impressive work. You put a huge amount of information in there!

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому +1

Thanks, these things take ages to put together!

• @markolwick2223
    @markolwick2223 4 роки тому +16

Thank you, thank you, thank you for actually talking about image quality!

• @rudydoyle
    @rudydoyle 4 роки тому

Wow. Amazing review. So much info thank you

• @mondujar279
    @mondujar279 4 роки тому +3

Top quality review as expected from one of the best reviewers. Thanks very much Gordon, have bought the 90d, like it but early days yet.

• @cameralabs

Thanks Andrew, my 90D review should follow in about a week...

• @alexis1959
    @alexis1959 4 роки тому

The best review (and comparison with M50) I have seen so far - brilliant!

• @DivisionStreetDrums
    @DivisionStreetDrums 2 роки тому

So much information, Thank You Gordon

• @stvsanders
    @stvsanders 4 роки тому +31

Clearly, the best Canon M6 MII review on UA-cam. Well done Gordon. I wish they would update the M5 for photographers that want a light body and dont really care much for video. Focus Stacking, and built in Expanded HDR options would be welcomed. Unfortunately I see canon moving towards supporting the RF lens and R body more than the EOS-M system. Thanks for a great review.

• @cameralabs

Thanks glad you enjoyed it!

• @doogieham
      @doogieham 4 роки тому +2

Yes. I still can’t believe that Canon is calling the M6m2 their flagship M system camera going forward. I can’t see them abandoning the M5 form factor. I’m really hoping that we’ll see a new M5 six months from now with IBIS and a higher res viewfinder. However, the cynic in me thinks Canon won’t choose an M system camera as the first body to showcase their new IBIS technology especially with a R successor in the works but I can only keep hoping . . .

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

@@doogieham it's hard to predict where Canon will go with this, but they are very invested in full-frame mirrorless and the RP isn't that much more than a high-end APSC model would be.

• @RickF-dw8cl
    @RickF-dw8cl 2 роки тому

Very helpful thx. Especially the prime lens suggestion.

• @MEEKSREVIEWS
    @MEEKSREVIEWS 4 роки тому

Hi Gordon, I'm watching your videos and this video is one of the main factors helped me decide to buy this camera I had it for 3 weeks now and really great! Love the stabilization and colors! I also made an unboxing of this camera the timw I bought this and oh by the way 24p is now available!

• @paulcollins8296
    @paulcollins8296 3 роки тому

Wonderful review and the example shots were incredibly helpful thank you.

• @bijosn
    @bijosn 4 роки тому

Your reviews are always great

• @hyttennis
    @hyttennis 4 роки тому +7

I love the amount of detail you went into here. Great review! The lack of evf is a pain, but that plus dropping the NFC connectivity are a deal breaker for me!

• @skrypnykA
    @skrypnykA 2 роки тому

Excellent review ! Thank you.

• @stefffoto
    @stefffoto 4 роки тому +5

I was initially going for the 90D, but the silent shutter, and the ability through a speedbooster to have two photographic opportunities with the same lens, made me determined for the M6 mark2. I previous had the M6 mark1, but sold it because of very noisy shutter and slow handling. This new model shows a new direction

• @tiemji
    @tiemji 4 роки тому +1

Hello thanks for this review very detailed. 👍🏽

• @TommyGunsStudios
    @TommyGunsStudios 2 роки тому

Outstanding review and overview! You did a lot of work to put this all together. Hat's Off! I just bought the M6 Mark ii as a second tripod camera for wedding Videography and I use the 90D on my Gimbal or Monopod as my primary Wedding Video camera.

• @vitormasson
    @vitormasson 2 роки тому

Gordon, what a great job you did in this video review. Cheers!

• @themjian
    @themjian 4 роки тому +1

Best review out there, thanks Gordon!

• @1650million
    @1650million 4 роки тому +1

Great review, Gordon. Cheers!

• @voltron979
    @voltron979 4 роки тому

Great review Mr. Laing! Thanks a lot.

• @joefrat
    @joefrat 4 роки тому

What a great review and you covered birds in flight - a great help. Thank you.

• @_noahrh
    @_noahrh 3 роки тому

Thank you for the direct comparison of the images on the m50 vs the m6 mark ii, you're right - the difference wasn't nearly as drastic as I thought it would've been!

• @BAdventures
    @BAdventures 4 роки тому +1

Good honest review. Thank you for showing a few different lenses. Seems like a good compact camera. But seems like Canon neglected the mirrorless range and lenses.

• @arthurmermelshtein1767
    @arthurmermelshtein1767 4 роки тому +8

High quality review, very well done.

• @CErick5563
    @CErick5563 4 роки тому +18

This is a great review. I just wish Canon would release a M5 mark ii. It seems a shame that currently we have to decide between the better screen design and integrated viewfinder of the M50, and the better shooting controls, sensors, and video options of the M6 mark ii. Why not put it all in one package and release it at the same time at a higher price? Canon should give us the option to have the best of both worlds!

• @Filming-and-Stuff
    @Filming-and-Stuff 4 роки тому

Amazing review! Thank you so much!

• @michaelsanchez4487
    @michaelsanchez4487 4 роки тому +8

Excellent unbiased, professional review. Great information

• @abchappell01
    @abchappell01 2 роки тому +1

Once again, another outstanding camera review by you Gordon. You are the “Gold Standard” by which all the other reviewers should try to embrace and attain… 😊

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  2 роки тому

Thanks! I wish I had the views of the bigger channels, it's hard to justify doing this amount of detail when the views are low.

• @marshmellowash
    @marshmellowash 4 роки тому +2

06:00 Canon EOS M6 does support 10-bit 4:2:2 (Uncompressed YCbCr) via HDMI output.

• @mchlhth
    @mchlhth 4 роки тому +19

Another fine review, Gordon, thanks! My feeling is that Canon's intended market all along for the EOS M has been casual photographers and vloggers who rarely exchange the kit lens for anything else; the Rebel series of mirrorless, if you will. When there have been more bodies (10, by my count) than lenses (8) since the original EOS M -- and most of those lenses are variable aperture zooms (5) rather than primes (3) -- along with the fact that they seem to be all-in for making the EOS R series a competent system for high-end amateurs and professionals, one can't help but think Canon is once again thoroughly ensuring it's products do not overlap on features with one another.

• @doogieham
      @doogieham 4 роки тому +1

Yes. I still can’t believe that Canon is calling the M6m2 their flagship M system camera going forward. I can’t see them abandoning the M5 form factor. I’m really hoping that we’ll see a new M5 six months from now with IBIS and a higher res viewfinder. However, the cynic in me thinks Canon won’t choose an M system camera as the first body to showcase their new IBIS technology especially with a R successor in the works but I can only keep hoping . . .

• @samahdi6972
    @samahdi6972 3 роки тому

Superb review, respect for your knowledge and coherent presentation Cheers

• @iaincathro3373
    @iaincathro3373 3 роки тому

Excellent review and information, thank you.

• @GrumpyMansREVIEWS
    @GrumpyMansREVIEWS 4 роки тому +2

Great review as usual waiting for the 90D review

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

Thanks! The 90D review should be in about a week.

• @BenFox01
    @BenFox01 4 роки тому

Wonderful review - is there a stabilisation test anywhere? 👀

• @PeteSlater
    @PeteSlater 4 роки тому +1

Very good review, thanks for taking the time to review this new body properly.
    I use the original M6 regularly when I don't want to carry the 5D or RP. It's a decent camera and I've captured some lovely shots with it. This upgraded version has me tempted.

• @ericdanthon2
    @ericdanthon2 4 роки тому

Great review! My question is when would you enable or disable the continous auto focus function? It seems to work super except when I don't want it to. What is its purpose?

• @HappyHubris
    @HappyHubris 4 роки тому +1

Gordon it would be great to see a follow up video on which EF-S lenses can "keep up" with the 32mm f1.4. There's a ton of cheap glass out there; but which can resolve 32.5MP?

• @amessuti
    @amessuti 4 роки тому +1

Fantastic review Gordon. Spot on. I haven't been able to put the camera down since I got it. 32mm is an absolute must. Owning a 5d3. I wanted something smaller so size was the primary reason for the m6 II and its exactly what I needed.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

Great stuff, glad you enjoyed it - and also have the 32!

• @vpr5562
    @vpr5562 4 роки тому +3

Gordon, amazing review, as always!!!!

• @johnsmalldridge6356
    @johnsmalldridge6356 4 роки тому

Thanks Gordon for showing the focus bracketing feature in action.

• @tomikk1980
    @tomikk1980 4 роки тому

Great review 👍 ps. I’m thinking about buying this camera as I wish to have something smaller for concert photography, can I ask for your opinion? Do you think it’s a good choice with 18-150 mm lens, or maybe you will point me in different direction? Thx for your time

• @didrikfalinski8600
    @didrikfalinski8600 4 роки тому

Great rewiev! Love the images comparison with several cameras, like its predecessor and its main compeditor!

• @Real.Estate.Motivate
    @Real.Estate.Motivate 2 роки тому +2

Recently bought the M6ii...very happy with my the Sigma 16mm 1.4 lens on this body. But I must say, your skills on breaking down cameras on UA-cam is absolutely Masterclass...Bravo!

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  2 роки тому

Thanks! Check out my review of the three Sigma lenses for EF-M!

• @franktorres7963
    @franktorres7963 4 роки тому +4

Dude thanks!! You're awesome!!

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

Thankyou, you're very welcome!

• @NigelAquascaping
    @NigelAquascaping 4 роки тому +1

Hey amazing video!!
    I currently have the 200d and wonder if I would regret the megapixels of the eos 6m mark ii with my current lenses:
    1. Canon 10 18mm EFS
    2. Sigma 30mm art 1.4 efs mount
    3. Canon macro 60mm EFS
    Do you think any of this lenses would not be able to cope with the higher megapixels?
    Regarding the Canon 6m mark ii would I be able to use it with off camera external flashes like yongnuo yn 560 iii with the yongnuo yn 560 tx controller on the hot shoe? Just manual flash no TTL option.
    Also how is the 1080p 120 fps video quality?
    I would be so hyped for a Canon eos m aps c line but with 120 fps af and IBIS. Will it ever happen you think in the aps c line?
    Thanks in advance

• @cameralabs

I think your lenses would be fine on the M6 II. I'm not sure how many new EOS M products we can expect from Canon as they seem very focused on EOS R right now, but who knows?

• @BrendanMacWade
    @BrendanMacWade 4 роки тому

Great review. I think this is the camera that brings me back to APS-C from Micro Four Thirds. M43 is actually a great system. Sexy, even. But it takes an experienced photographer to get the best results. I'm a novice who needs the larger tried-and-true sensor size to get the results I want with a little less work and worry.

• @danzaback3793
    @danzaback3793 4 роки тому +2

I would really like to see your comparison of the M6 II vs the RP.

• @makbennett
    @makbennett 4 роки тому +3

I bought the M6mkii and alternate between it and my 7Dmkii with the canon 100-400mkii. I love the controls, and speed of the M6, but the lag of the EVF versus the optical causes me to miss shots. The M6 mkii is an awesome camera in a small package otherwise.

• @rmenonp
    @rmenonp 4 роки тому

Wonderful review as always. Thank you :-)...looks like this THE choice for folks who are already into Canon ecosystem. I was eagerly awaiting your review before putting my money on my first mirrorless.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

You're welcome! Don't forget to check prices at cameralabs.com thanks!

• @nickgreene2533
    @nickgreene2533 4 роки тому +2

Hi Gordon. Thanks for another fantastic review! I currently have the M6i with the 22 and 32 and use it only for photography. The point is to have an ultra compact system that can take photos comparable to a much larger setup. Do you feel the mark ii is a meaningful upgrade specifically for stills?

• @cameralabs

If you shoot at low ISOs with those lenses then yes, you'll see more detail, plus have faster bursts. I'm not sure if it's enough to upgrade - you'll need to check my M50 vs M6 II sections on quality to see what you think.

• @davecarrera
    @davecarrera 3 роки тому

A lot is made of the EVF but I am finding not having one not a problem.
    Bright daylight yesterday and no issue just using the screen.

• @HappyHubris
    @HappyHubris 4 роки тому

Gordon does the M6ii with weaker lenses like the kit look like a 24mp camera or somehow worse?

• @giuseppeciraulo6177
    @giuseppeciraulo6177 4 роки тому +3

Great video Gordon , easily one of the most in depth review on youtube for the Canon EOS M6 II Thank you

• @cameralabs

Thanks, I pour my heart and soul into these!

• @GinoFoto
    @GinoFoto 4 роки тому +6

Finally some innovative features from Canon out there, overall a very nice camera, what not so nice is price tag at the moment, hopefully cost goes down in the near future.

• @64wulf45
    @64wulf45 4 роки тому

Hi Gordon, I have a eos m 100, any big difference in picture quality would you say?

• @ericcsn
    @ericcsn 3 роки тому

it is review by pros like you (with the reasoning and evidence) that I depend on when buying cameras and your conclusion with a recommendation for this camera convinced me to purchase the M6 mkII. thank you.

• @jordaniriney
    @jordaniriney 4 роки тому +1

hello according to your experience which will have better image quality in the video? Canon M6 Markt II OR SONY RX100 M7? THANK YOU

• @johnhaynes9910
    @johnhaynes9910 4 роки тому +9

Good review as ever Gordon. I have the original M6 and welcome the improvements in the MkII however I will probably hold out until they produce an upgraded M50 because I find I use the clip on viewfinder rather a lot. On the question of more lenses of which I have 4 from the current catalogue, yes Canon should because whilst I have the adapter so that I can mount any of my EF lenses, the weight and size of those lenses rather defeats the whole point of a small ICL body for travel and casual use. But that said and with Canon likely focused (no pun intended) on expanding their R range of lenses, I think it will be a long time before we see anything from them on M lenses. The thing that has always fascinated me is the popularity of the M range particularly in Japan so it makes some sense for third parties like Sigma to take up the slack and produce native M series lenses at likely, premium prices because they might be shooting at an open goal here in terms of sales with no competition from Canon.

• @MilesAndHeights
      @MilesAndHeights 4 роки тому +1

@John Haynes I’m waiting for M5 mk ii...seems like it missed its turn

• @TTT888TQL1981
      @TTT888TQL1981 4 роки тому

I think canon m5 mark ii is already released with a new model name called Eos RP...so Canon is using M6 Mark ii as the flagship model in M series... It's also good to use Canon EF-M lenses for both esthetics and portability. If you really pursue very high quality images with mirrorless cameras, Canon R family will be your choice.

• @williamhumber5890
    @williamhumber5890 4 роки тому

Did you test the C-AF performance in RAW burst mode?

• @nsbhagwat
    @nsbhagwat 3 роки тому

Gordon, question related to lens data. DPP4 has option to load canon lens data which can then be used to correct aspects like distortion. Is there a way to load 3rd party lens data in DPP?
    Please let me know.

• @jannoj9268
    @jannoj9268 4 роки тому

About the charger: It has to support the PD Spec.
    So when buying a charger just look for PD and you're good to go!
    (PD is a technique where charger and device basically communicate what charging rates the device can handle. This prevents the 100w (or whatever wattage your macbook charger has) charger to blow up your cam's battery)

• @markyteo
    @markyteo 4 роки тому

The go-to person for a decent review. And those "test shots"... Delightful.

• @kiwipics
    @kiwipics 4 роки тому

@Gordon Laing ... I not interested in the video abilities of any camera, as I'm only interested the stills abilities.
    I have a large reange of EF and EFs lenses, and only M lenses.
    I'm cosidering the M50, but the M6 II (s/hand) is a possibility.... What would you choose for general / sports / lanscape ?
    I would prefer a viewfinder (I currently use an M10) as on my 5d mk1.

• @Quoutub
    @Quoutub 4 роки тому

Is the autofocus accurate when you focus on small objects (10x loupe) ? The M50 and Eos RP are very inaccurate whereas the 6d II (live view) and M6 I are more accurate.

• @iyn1911
    @iyn1911 4 роки тому

Great review.

• @sash2803
    @sash2803 3 роки тому

Wow, that's an amazing review

• @ericbulington2421
    @ericbulington2421 4 роки тому

80D and m100 owner here - interesting thought for a mix of photos and videos for someone that travels a lot, and likes to pack very light: Do I supplement these two cameras with the new G7x Mark iii (for ultralight weight travel better than iPhone XR), or get the RP to displace the 80 for photos and youtube channel for the kids and keep the 80D as a backup? I have 3 L lenses: 17-40 F4, 24-70 F4L IS, and 70-200 F2.8L II IS. Would love your thought here Gordon (considering the RP after this review and current $1000 US for the RP right now)...

• @GLBProductions
    @GLBProductions 4 роки тому +1

Hi there Gordon, thank you for such a comprehensive review! In your dealings with Canon did they ever clearly state whether this camera replaces both the M6 AND M5 line of cameras? In other words, do you think we will ever see an M5 mark II? Thank you.

• @cameralabs

Hmm, good question, but sadly they rarely if ever answer questions like that. I suspect with the RP not too far above that the M6 II will be the top APSC model. I hope we'll see an M50 update though.

• @GLBProductions
      @GLBProductions 4 роки тому

@@cameralabs Thanks Gordon for the quick reply, much appreciated.

• @amounifnd
      @amounifnd 4 роки тому

Either would be very good. Using Sony for some time and Canon has better Ergonomics. But watch reviews and only you can choose. Its your money. I love Sony and lens selection is great, and does everything you can ask. But for some people its art/colors vs glass like sharpness. It's what your eyes enjoy. Amongst friends and family with new apple and samsung phones, they are blown away by quality of images from 16mp NexF3. So its what you personally enjoy.

• @1677dj
      @1677dj 4 роки тому

@@cameralabs so M5 mark II is not coming ?

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

@@1677dj different people will tell you different things. I'm guessing not, but they may end up doing it.

• @OURWORLDTV
    @OURWORLDTV 4 роки тому

I'm wondering if this is a worthy upgrade for my canon m50 it seems that the m6 mark 2 does not have a crop factor like the m50 would you recommend upgrading to this from the m50? or should I keep the m50 for a lil longer?

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

You haven't said why you want to upgrade. If it's to avoid the 4k crop, then yes, the M6 II can film without a crop AND with dual pixel AF, but you'll already know that from watching the review.

• @pieterdewit5335
    @pieterdewit5335 4 роки тому +2

I think I’m in love with this camera, due to your review ! I have a M3 and then M6, when I realized I wanted to take pictures of flying birds (I use a adapted Nano USM 70-300).
    I also was missing a silent shutter in both cameras... but did you mention there is no burst possibility with it ?
    And can you tell me if it’s possible to change the exposure compensation with the function dial, by changing button layout ?

• @cameralabs

Thanks Pieter, you'll have to check with Canon though as my loan sample was returned several weeks ago and I've tested several other very different cameras since then.

• @ChristianLawrence
    @ChristianLawrence 4 роки тому

Excellent review Gordon. Lot of work went into this, so thanks for making. Had a play with the camera yesterday, feels great in the hand and great with the extra dials. Seriously thinking of changing my rx100m7 for this. The flip up screen good for vlogging as you dont get caught looking side ways like with the eos r screen 😁, i hang the wireless go on the side so hot shoe not an issue. I bought the rx100 to be portable, but although video is good, the camera side i find fiddly and unpredictable, and noisy in low light. Easier to use a phone in all honesty than take the rx100 out to restaurant for shots!!. The m6 is still very pocket-able and the image quality much nicer. A6400 claims better performance, but as an eos r shooter the m6ii ergonomics and touch screen feel so much more user friendly. But m6 ii or wait for the m5ii??? 🙄🙄🤔🤔

• @playdoob
    @playdoob 3 роки тому

Hey, Gordon. I’ve watched both this and your a6400 review. I’m trying to decide if I should return my M6 II and get the a6400 instead due to the 4K overheating issues. Is rolling shutter on the a6400 a noticeable hinderance when vlogging? How would u compare the picture quality of 1080p 120fps between the two cameras? These are my two biggest concerns.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 роки тому

The A6400 definitely has sensitive rolling shutter, but I think the M6 II did too. I find the image quality on the Sony to be excellent - I user it to film all my reviews - but I rarely shoot slomo outside of my tests.

• @playdoob
      @playdoob 3 роки тому

@@cameralabs thanks for the quick reply and comprehensive reviews! Do u own both of these cameras? If so, is there any way u could do a slow motion test using both of them at the same time?

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  3 роки тому

@@playdoob I only own the Sony

• @coolbananaboy5075
    @coolbananaboy5075 3 роки тому

Thanks so much for your detailed and fair reviews.
    Also, great voice, reminds me of Mick Hucknall from Simply Red.

• @snappic2867
    @snappic2867 4 роки тому +1

I‘m waiting for a m version of a 15-85mm. I use the EFS but it would be nice if it was smaller.
    Or a 15-70 in 2.8

• @melenriquez8985
    @melenriquez8985 4 роки тому +2

Thank you, Gordon, for another excellent and open minded review of the m6-ii and comparing it to the 90d and xt30 and a6400!
    I am happy for the Canon fans for this. I am sure those who want to stay with canon will find these improvements significant.
    In my case, this model and any other canon has more limiitations than I want to. In fact, I would just feel frustrated if I had to compromise so much with Canon. I don't have that frustatration now I have switched to Sony. It's not a perfect camera, but most of the things I need Sony ticks it for me. There is always room for improvement in future releases, but at least, I know I get a better all around camera. After my a7-3, I am now aiming for the a6400 + the 70-350. That would complete my affordable sport/action camera and lens.
    But then again, for Canon users, the m6-ii is a big and worthy update.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

Thanks for the thoughtful comments.

• @Snake20
    @Snake20 4 роки тому +1

I am new to this world of photography. I am deciding between this Canon EOS MK6 II or the Sony A6400 or 6100. I mostly want to use it for taking pictures of animals and taking pics when I am out on the city and a little bit of people. I am not too worried about filming. I am leaning a bit more towards the Canon, but a lot of people are recommending the Sony. Or is there even another camera I should be looking at?

• @fishin2themax245
    @fishin2themax245 4 роки тому

Very good review

• @DavidWilliams-wj4sc
    @DavidWilliams-wj4sc 4 роки тому

DC-1 DVF also works and tilts up, but with less pixels and slower refresh. still seems great.

• @hanoitripper1809
    @hanoitripper1809 4 роки тому

if i use the M6 mk2 in tropical jungle regions is it protected?

• @DavidWilliams-wj4sc
    @DavidWilliams-wj4sc 4 роки тому

For my M6II, I own the 22mm F2.0 and the 15-45mm and that's likely all i'll ever buy. Maybe if i was an old man and really wanted to pair down my system, but for now, I want my EF glass. Particularly; 35mm F14. II L.

• @asgedas4264
    @asgedas4264 2 роки тому

What about the settings I want to be the date and time after the picture is done?

• @AstroLaVista
    @AstroLaVista 4 роки тому

There must be an M50 mkII launch soon? Maybe with DPAF in 4K with a less harsh crop? And yes, I would like to see more native EOS M lenses. I had the original EOS M with the 22mm f/2 and that was a cracking lens, more please Canon, I think you have more M bodies than lenses! p.s. thanks for the great in depth review.

• @Myosh03
    @Myosh03 4 роки тому

Great, very informative and "to the point" review. Watched almost all reviews about m6 mark ii on YT and this video is most professional in depth. Im still thinking to upgrade my m50 to m6m2 for 1080p120, uncropped 4k and higher mpix sensor for big prints.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

I'm still hoping for an M50 II with this sensor and maybe IBIS. I can dream!

• @saltisgood7961
    @saltisgood7961 4 роки тому +1

The m50 looks awesome new m50 version coming out soon??

• @dirragon1
    @dirragon1 4 роки тому +3

Another fantastic review, thanks Gordon! One suggestion: I realize it's probably more of a pain for you, but it would be nice to have a time stamp list where we can jump to different parts of the review, as I'm sure some of us are more interested in certain things than others, and it's a bit fiddly to find the portion one might be interested in. Either way, still a great review! Cheers

• @cameralabs

Thanks Zach, and I've already done it for you - it's in the pinned comment! Should I also put it anywhere else?

• @dirragon1
      @dirragon1 4 роки тому +1

@@cameralabs Hmm... I'm not seeing a pinned comment. Probably an issue on my end and not yours. Not sure. And I've seen it done in the description up top underneath the channel name, but also in a pinned comment. I suppose it doesn't matter where it is. Much appreciated either way, and thanks!

• @cameralabs

@@dirragon1 Hmmm, it's definitely in the pinned comment, but I've also just added it to the description,.

• @dirragon1
      @dirragon1 4 роки тому +1

@@cameralabs No idea why I wouldn't be seeing the pinned comment. Really strange. Oh well. Appreciate the add to the description though, my apologies for being a pain. I'll try to figure out the pinned comment issue. =\

• @cameralabs

@@dirragon1 no problem, hope you find it somewhere!

• @michaeldidomenico7
    @michaeldidomenico7 4 роки тому +3

My M50 does everything this does, and is 24.2, but since I am not into 4K. I'll stick with what I have

• @bingvaldez347
    @bingvaldez347 3 роки тому

What's better of the three for race car at the race track photography?

• @ralphaaa80
    @ralphaaa80 4 роки тому +1

Great review.No mention of the 22mm though.Great lens,especially for the size.

• @IanTed
    @IanTed 4 роки тому +1

Hot shoe isn’t an issue, just buy an offset flash mount that attaches to the tripod mount, cheap as chips.

• @msbrownbeast
    @msbrownbeast 3 роки тому

A great review. Good that you mention the lack of built-in EVF on the M6 II. To me, having to clip on that hideous-looking EVF on top of the camera takes it out of the running as an otherwise great camera for street photography.

• @CarterHurd
    @CarterHurd 4 роки тому

Hi Gorden, you are one of the few who have looked at the M6 II with the perspective of a M43 shooter, so I wanted to ask: do you think this camera, with the 11-22, can out resolve the Leica 8-18 on a G9? I plan to pick up the 8-18 for my G9, or this and the 11-22, for hiking and youtube videos. The m6 has a better sensor, but the 8-18 the sharper lens, so it's hard for me to guess what, in the end, would be the sharpest setup for landscapes...

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs  4 роки тому

Well as you know the M6 II is a higher res camera, but the 8-18mm is a sharper lens, so it's a tough one to compare. I'd say the G9 with 8-18mm will be better overall as the 11-22mm isn't an amazing lens other than size.