FACEBOOK: @akaaislinn
    / akaaislinn
    TIKTOK:@akaaislinn
    / akaaislinn
    PAYPAL, VENMO, CASHAPP
    linktr.ee/Akaaislinn
    B U S I N E S S I N Q U I R I E S
    akaaislinnscott@gmail.com
    FTC Disclaimer: This video is NOT sponsored. Some links above are affiliate links from which i get a small commission. All opinions are 100% mine. I only talk about products I genuinely like and only give honest reviews. Some times products are sent to me. (PR)
  • Фільми й анімація

КОМЕНТАРІ • 71

• @gabrielcabralmarin7952
    @gabrielcabralmarin7952 2 роки тому +33

might be nice to do the same comparison on "darker" yellow hair (maybe even a couple of orange-y pieces as well) so really see the difference! But on the very light blond hair, they do look very similar, I can see the purple-y shade on the Wella but I could see myself going for the generic one depending on price points where I live.

• @alicia2713
    @alicia2713 2 роки тому +23

I'm thinking the generic T18 could be helpful for anyone trying to tone their hair after having red or maybe orange since the greenish blue undertones of the generic T18 could cancel out those warm colors.

• @ashtonlopata1997
    @ashtonlopata1997 2 роки тому +56

Girl your hair is sooooo gorgeous 🔥 I’m also in the process of growin out my natural roots with platinum hair, 3 months down so far 🙄 so I don’t have as much roots as you yet, but yours looks so bomb with the longer roots!! I love the brown to platinum ✨

• @AkaAislinn
      @AkaAislinn  2 роки тому +7

Thank you! 🖤🖤

• @ashtonlopata1997
      @ashtonlopata1997 2 роки тому +2

@@AkaAislinn you are welcome 💕💕

• @angelicsailor1st
      @angelicsailor1st 2 роки тому +2

Stay strong! It’s a bit of a challenge but once you grow it out enough you really begin to enjoy it

• @ashtonlopata1997
      @ashtonlopata1997 2 роки тому

@@angelicsailor1st thank you It was definitely challenging to start with and I tried it before soooo many times in the past and caved every time which ended up with me getting the roots bleached but now I’m just so excited the more roots come in since the rest of my hair is platinum, it’s just such a pretty combination of colors I can’t wait to see how it looks when the roots get really really long 🥲

• @Thisplaceisaprison3912
      @Thisplaceisaprison3912 2 роки тому +1

My hairstylist ran some baby highlights through my roots and that helped me grow out my roots with blonde!

• @icecream_andcookies
    @icecream_andcookies 2 роки тому +15

I definitely see the difference between them! Thank you for doing this test. I dislike the greeny hue of the generic 😬

• @daisy1439
    @daisy1439 2 роки тому +6

She’s literally so gorgeous

• @AkaAislinn
      @AkaAislinn  2 роки тому +1

Awe thank you 🥹🖤

• @daisy1439
      @daisy1439 2 роки тому

@@AkaAislinn ❤️❤️

• @nancydent3147
    @nancydent3147 2 роки тому +7

With today's economy, finding the dupes that work is great! I used to be such a brand snob, but has changed my tune as of late.

• @OhItsMaxwell
    @OhItsMaxwell 2 роки тому +5

Would love to see a swatch on a more yellow blonde, as I feel like that’s more of a realistic situation. Just bought T-18, excited to tone my hair for the first time !

• @nick-a-roo
    @nick-a-roo 2 роки тому +14

I haven't tried the toner from this brand, but I did try one of their brown shades. I normally change my hair color frequently, but I COULD NOT get that brown out! It was insane. Never again.

• @ElleAlexandria
    @ElleAlexandria 2 роки тому +2

I love these types of demo/comparison videos, thanks!

• @anandabricker3396
    @anandabricker3396 2 роки тому

I for sure see a difference and the fade out is a huge point. Thanks. 💕

• @lindenhartnellpink419
    @lindenhartnellpink419 2 роки тому +6

Can we admire how georgud you sre as always and thanks agsin I needed this as shitty times is hard

• @thekatchat6017
    @thekatchat6017 2 роки тому +2

these videos are always so helpful!!! thank you

• @shannoncriscuolo5786
    @shannoncriscuolo5786 2 роки тому +1

It's really cool seeing the difference between the 2 and how close it is. I guess it would just depend on what kind of kind of platinum you're looking for whether it's more purple or blue.. Thanks again for another great video!

• @yoongissoap
    @yoongissoap 2 роки тому +1

Your video couldn’t have come at a better time. I love your videos and I haven’t been feeling too well lately, brightened my day right up

• @jennajade4388
    @jennajade4388 6 місяців тому

Love this! I did this to my old blonde hair extensions its much better then trying it out on ur own hair and have if look horrible. Love these swatch videos!!

• @aimeevandijk1482
    @aimeevandijk1482 2 роки тому

Yaay, always happy when I get an AkaAislinn notification :)

• @jennthelen4721
    @jennthelen4721 2 роки тому

The dupe definitely looks a little green 😉 Thanks Aislinn!

• @inesblau7621
    @inesblau7621 2 роки тому +2

Hey Aislinn :))
    Thank you so much for all the videos reviewing products like these! You are definitly helping out so many people! As a platinum hair lover myself I am always looking for reliable tips! I appriciate your videos soo much :)) love you and please keep up the good work!

• @aarbear4067
    @aarbear4067 2 роки тому +13

I remember when T18 was called White Lady and this was 10+years ago. Unfortunately, Wella reformulated and I hate it now; smells horrible and dries my hair out.

• @jenniferjohnson7508
    @jenniferjohnson7508 2 роки тому

Lovin’ the content!

• @lexjude
    @lexjude 2 роки тому

Love that you did this!! You have been putting out bomb content, as usual!! I work at Sally's and I am a fan of GVP. Their generic tea tree shampoo is amazing!! Great clarifying shampoo!!

• @victoriaxbeck
    @victoriaxbeck 2 роки тому

ur actually perfect

• @ashleyarnold5450
    @ashleyarnold5450 2 роки тому

Hair and makeup!!! Slay, you look so cute/beautiful. Love love love! Hope all is well with you. 💛

• @Deano6571
    @Deano6571 2 роки тому +2

I love wella T-18 much more reliable like you said Aislinn. The generic conditioner is bomb though!! Love you so much. You are such an inspiration to us all ❤️

• @Terrijoeee
    @Terrijoeee 2 роки тому

WE NEED A HAIR Tutorial on this look!

• @yoyogirl626
    @yoyogirl626 2 роки тому

I usually use T18 with a splash of the generic 50 color additive. The super silvery purple one. Makes the best white and grey tones

• @britt__182
    @britt__182 2 роки тому +7

Can you review the generic shades eq??

• @AkaAislinn
      @AkaAislinn  2 роки тому +2

I didn’t even know they had those! 🤯

• @calliebaxter7870
    @calliebaxter7870 2 роки тому +2

This is good to know for future reference 😜and also I think I’m going to try the Generic purple conditioner so hopefully it is as good as the one you love so much🤞

• @AkaAislinn
      @AkaAislinn  2 роки тому +2

I love the generic purple shampoo!

• @xxo5294
    @xxo5294 2 роки тому

Both colors are gorgeous! I tried so hard for 5 months to bleach my hair slowly and get to platinum to achieve these colors but no matter how careful I was and despite using k18 pro and home, olaplex pro and home, redken etc… my hair still ended up a severely broken nasty mess and I gave up and dyed it back to black 😩

• @victoriaxbeck
    @victoriaxbeck 2 роки тому

wow that hairstyle was made for you

• @cas8344
    @cas8344 2 роки тому

Love u!!

• @FatCatLuna
    @FatCatLuna 2 роки тому +1

I feel like the generic brand is a more natural light grey. I don't see blue but I do see a bit of green. :) I like them both.

• @angelicsailor1st
    @angelicsailor1st 2 роки тому

I’m curious because normally when they do this it is in fact the exact product from the same producer/manufacturer/co-packer just with a different label/package etc
    the branding and packaging is really what you’re paying for.
    If the average consumer knew how cheap the ingredients for products were it would change everything.
    WOW that is definitely a difference in tone so interesting really glad you did this Aislinn

• @MsTammi125
    @MsTammi125 2 роки тому

Great idea, please make more. Have a beautiful day. You matter ❤️🥳🥳🥳🤸

• @sonyaallman6779
    @sonyaallman6779 2 роки тому +1

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 ty!

• @aundrea6593
    @aundrea6593 2 роки тому +3

Can you do the Sally’s shades eq vs shades?

• @sammyb3286
    @sammyb3286 Рік тому

First video of yours I have watched, just subscribed. I have used T18 for years, I stopped using it as I found when it came to rinsing it out it started to clump and took so long to rinse out. I have just ordered it again though, have you found this too? Any advice please? Thank you

• @TheirMommy589
    @TheirMommy589 2 роки тому +1

So happy for this video. I went and bought T18 from my local sallys last month. Got home and the entire bottle was empty. They wouldn't give me a refund or exchange them. Nothing. Lol so since they was so rude I haven't even been back yet. And no I don't think they were rude for not helping that situation its his they spoke to me and treated me lol. But I'm still happy for this video

• @AkaAislinn
      @AkaAislinn  2 роки тому +5

Wow that’s ridiculous 😑

• @annszojak513
      @annszojak513 2 роки тому +1

They should have at least gave you a store credit.

• @TheirMommy589
      @TheirMommy589 2 роки тому

@@AkaAislinn yes and treated me like I was a liar I said the principle is I can afford to buy anything I want. Issue is I showed receipt and had even called them once I had gotten home to ask them what to do and then next day when I went in they acted like that. I'm like I won't be back to that location AT ALL.

• @TheirMommy589
      @TheirMommy589 2 роки тому

@@annszojak513 something. But instead I was treated like a thief or liar. I brought receipt back and even called the day before once I got home and realized what happened

• @xRiniX666x
    @xRiniX666x 2 роки тому

I loved the Guy Tang platinum mix of toners but he's been sold out for a month or more.....might have to go back to T18

• @gwynythsears5097
    @gwynythsears5097 2 роки тому

Any toners similar to t18 that aren’t permanent color? T18 washes out after two/three washes in my hair for what it’s probably costing to my hair in it’s not super healthy state would love something that is more conditioning based. Thanks as always for all of your info and tips! Been helping my hair journey video by video 🥰

• @justjoannak
    @justjoannak 2 роки тому

The way I'm watching this at work when I saw this in the recommended tab

• @evieyukihara7873
    @evieyukihara7873 2 роки тому

The hue difference is sooooooo small sheesh. But maybe that'll be nice to use if your hairs still a little red. And I mean a LITTLE red

• @Sylvia_C3
    @Sylvia_C3 2 роки тому

Ya the ends are the most different.

• @melissamunoz9281
    @melissamunoz9281 2 роки тому

Totally unrelated question it sounds like from some of your videos you swim a lot during this summer how do you keep your beautiful blonde hair from turning green? Can you do a video on that?

• @evieyukihara7873
      @evieyukihara7873 2 роки тому

I dont ever have blonde. But what a friend of mine used to do in school was condition their hair. Then apply leave in conditioner and also immediately wash their hair after. Idk if it's true or helpful but what's the harm in tryin!

• @kaytlyntyson628
    @kaytlyntyson628 2 роки тому

anyone know a dupe for Schwarzkopf Igora Vibrance 7-24 medium ash blonde that I can get at Sally's?

• @Grizzy56Girl
    @Grizzy56Girl 2 роки тому +1

The dupe would be great for anyone who finds the T18 a bit too purple 💖

• @elizabossie5407
    @elizabossie5407 2 роки тому

I love Sally's generic

• @Alyy_Cat
    @Alyy_Cat 2 роки тому

I tried the generic one in the t18 comparable and hated it! It smelled awful, burnt my scalp while it was on, and didn't even tone. Back to wella I went.

• @chelseabangs9657
    @chelseabangs9657 2 роки тому

Neither are toner, it’s high lift color, that’s why they smell like that and take 30+ minutes to process depending on level.

• @smallpoppy1219
    @smallpoppy1219 2 роки тому

Wella was definitely a darker grey

• @sheila7909
    @sheila7909 2 роки тому

T18 is amazing, use it all the time

• @emmbee6552
    @emmbee6552 2 роки тому +1

The generic one makes my hair a gross cardboard tone

• @leggi_bois4eva
    @leggi_bois4eva 2 роки тому

🖤🌈🖤🌈