X-T3 Low Light Autofocus Test vs X-T2

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 2 жов 2024
  • Here we have a simple autofocus test for the X-T3 and X-T2 in a dark (low and high contrast) scene. This is to go with my review on Fstoppers.com, so please head over there and check that out as well.
    More of my work at:
    www.dylangoldb...
    / dylangoldbyphotographer
    / dylangoldbyphotographer
    My Current Gear List (Affiliate Links)
    Fujifilm X-T3 - amzn.to/3jdBSY2
    Fujifilm X-T4 - amzn.to/33b2iEp
    XF 23mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3mYuKRG
    XF 35mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/2EG2nq4
    XF 50mm f/2 - amzn.to/3jh9FzG
    XF 56mm f/1.2 - amzn.to/3jiwEKU
    XF 10-24mm f/4 - amzn.to/3cBOXrO
    XF 16-55mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/33dis06
    XF 50-140mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/2S7G1AV
    Laowa 9mm f/2.8 - amzn.to/2S782Zt
    GFX 50R - amzn.to/33cJRPD
    GF 45-100mm f/4 - amzn.to/3jdAKUi
    GF 110mm f/2 - amzn.to/2GfLxig
    Mitakon 65mm f/1.4 - amzn.to/3jd3Sv3
    X100V - amzn.to/34bdwbn
    Godox AD200 - amzn.to/3qV756A
    Godox XPro-F - amzn.to/2ThYjA5
    Haida M7 - amzn.to/30iszyD
    Haida M10 - amzn.to/3icDz6L
    Loupedeck+ - amzn.to/3idDCz8
    NiSi X100 - amzn.to/2S7FnDv

КОМЕНТАРІ • 23

• @justwowtv4998
    @justwowtv4998 6 років тому +6

That's a great test and review, finally a very useful test many of us were looking for! However I must say that the advantage of X-T3 was minimal probably 10-15%, there wasn't a point where X-T3 could focus and X-T2 couldn't so both did very good job. I assume the gap between will be even less if you use some of the fastest Fuji lenses like 90mm or 35mm f2. Looking forward to more similar tests in the future.

• @chloescanlon1107
    @chloescanlon1107 5 років тому +19

Is it just me here or is the X-T2 quicker? I don’t know where you come to the conclusion that is not the case?!?

• @marale72
      @marale72 4 роки тому +1

It's just you i think

• @timothylinn
    @timothylinn 6 років тому +3

If you do this again, you might consider putting the camera into M focus mode and then used back button focus to do the test. This will show us the distance scale on the LCD which will tell us how far away the camera is focusing when it thinks it has locked on. There were a few times here when the bodies beeped like they were in focus and I'm not sure they were.

• @Bilalizaddin
    @Bilalizaddin 6 років тому +2

thanks for sharing ,in my case which I shoot wedding outdoor and portrait natural light ,the X-t3 is worthless upgrade maybe I will wait the X-T4 and use my trusty x-t1,t2 with whole bunch of prime lenses

• @DerJohnnyWalker
      @DerJohnnyWalker 6 років тому +2

I am a former X-H1 and X-T20 owner and used them for wedding photography and I can assure you, that the AF of the the X-T3 is significant better, especially for subjects walking towards you.

• @timothylinn
      @timothylinn 6 років тому +1

The performance gap widens as light levels increase. That said, if the X-T2 is good enough (and particularly if the X-T1 is good enough) then your approach makes sense.

• @saiiiiiii1
    @saiiiiiii1 5 років тому +4

As a long time x-t2 user, the camera often shows that it has locked focus but when you look at the picture afterwards it's not spot on. So the af confirmation really says nothing. My D500 did a lot better in the dark. Curious to see what the x-t3 can do.

• @BlueNostal
      @BlueNostal 5 років тому +1

Could it be a potential hardware defect? My X-T2 was sharp on all my wedding/portraiture work

• @cpkICE
      @cpkICE 5 років тому

This happens for me as well with XT2.

• @RadBadTad
      @RadBadTad 5 років тому +1

You can even see it happening in this video. Most of the close-up attempts on the X-T2 here beep like they're in focus, but the scene very clearly isn't in focus.

• @jbmacphotography7574
      @jbmacphotography7574 4 роки тому

So does xt3 fix this issue with the Xt2 AF?

• @Innovate-pq9ci
    @Innovate-pq9ci 6 років тому +1

Great video Dylan. The difference is very minimal it seems.

• @DylanGoldbyPhotographer
      @DylanGoldbyPhotographer  6 років тому

In this light, the gap definitely closes a little. Check my previous video to see the difference in daylight. It's much more pronounced there.

• @Rideway
    @Rideway 4 роки тому

Just did a test on my 56mm f1.2 on the XT20 vs XT3. The difference to me its so obvious, like night and day. At ISO 3200 indoors, sometimes the xt20 hunting takes sometimes up to 1" to fully focus in AF-C... almost instant on the XT3. Surprised it is not so clear on your comparison with a slow lens as the 35mm f1.4. Could it be that its even more pitch black in your case?

@DylanGoldbyPhotographer  4 роки тому +1

Hi Raul, AF-C is a VERY different set of algorithms. The tests here were to show the improvement in AF-S performance in low light. You'll see big improvements in AF-C performance in all areas from generation to generation.

• @sammieseoul5544
    @sammieseoul5544 5 років тому +1

are you still shooting nikon?

• @stevelink21
    @stevelink21 6 років тому

Great video, Dylan! As a new X-T3 user, so far I find it the most robust, well-designed and built, most ergonomically enjoyable camera I've used in 40 years of photography! The build quality is superb, especially with the battery grip. I look forward to doing test image comparisons with it and the X-Pro2. The images I've seen so far with it are amazing in terms of image sharpness and detail rendition!

• @chloescanlon1107
      @chloescanlon1107 5 років тому

Steve The X-T2 build is better as it’s built in Japan, the X-T3 isn’t and as a consequence isn’t quite as robust.

• @SayWhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
    @SayWhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat 5 років тому

If want to test autofocus speed why are you using the worst lens for that?

@DylanGoldbyPhotographer  5 років тому +1

On the contrary, it is one of the lenses where you will see the most improvement. Also the wide aperture allows it to gather more light for the focus sensors to work with in this situation.

• @justwowtv4998
      @justwowtv4998 5 років тому +2

All cameras will focus fast with fast-focusing lenses so what's the point testing with fast AF lenses.