Skid Steer Auger on a 25HP Tractor? Tractor Post Hole Auger TYM T25

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 17 лип 2024
  • Ironcraft Skid Steer Tractor Auger. For Real. We have a tractor loader-mounted auger made by IRONCRAFT. It is rated for a minimum of 5GPM flow, but we keep getting asked if it will work on our 25hp T25. The result may surprise you. ‪@ironcraftusa‬ ‪@builditfast2k‬ ‪@tymnorthamerica‬ ‪@TYMTRACTORS_KR‬
    FAST2K Info - amzn.to/3Y4v58y
    Iron Craft Auger: www.ironcraftusa.com/skid-ste...
    TYM Tractor: tym-tractors.com/
    Send Packages to:
    Tony's Tractor Adventure
    230-B Tyson Ave. #386
    Paris, TN 38242
    If you are sending dog toys are treats, please send them from Amazon or an online pet store only. Please leave a gift note so I can let Gizmo know who it came from.
    Mini Rake Grapple, the manufacturer, offered Tony's Tractor Adventure viewers a %5 discount using code "TONY" after seeing our videos. Learn More Here: www.agfolks.com/product/big-m...
    Help Support these projects by hitting the "Thanks" button under the video! Thank you in advance.
    Support the channel by using this Amazon Link. It costs you nothing extra. amzn.to/3CXAYeo
    Please note that the opinions and viewpoints presented in these videos belong solely to Tony's Tractor Adventure Homestead and may not necessarily align with the stances or perspectives of any affiliated organizations or individuals.
    Ownership and operation of this channel are under Inspired Videography, LLC. Inspired Videography, LLC participates in various affiliate programs, including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, enabling creators to earn advertising fees by promoting and linking to participating companies' websites. The site also receives compensation for directing traffic and business to other affiliate programs.
    Notably, TYM North America sponsors Inspired Videography's videos, which primarily showcase tractor work.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 121

• @davida.p.9911
    @davida.p.9911 Рік тому +2

Works excellent! 👍👍 Thanks for sharing, Tony and Tanja!

• @W4GHW
    @W4GHW Рік тому +1

I'm looking forward to the cabin build. Thanks for another good one!

• @garymessina1609
    @garymessina1609 Рік тому

Pretty good job building the bench great video thanks Tony and Tanya and Gizmo

• @Eagle1A
    @Eagle1A 11 місяців тому +1

It looks great

• @PurpleCollarLife
    @PurpleCollarLife 11 місяців тому +1

Great project, Tony!

• @projectswithjw
    @projectswithjw 11 місяців тому +1

Nice Bench and Nice Tool. 👍

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  11 місяців тому +1

Thanks 👍 We used the auger to put all the cabin piers in. 54 of them. It was so much easier than the rear mounted post hole digger.

• @kennethcatlett3733
    @kennethcatlett3733 Рік тому +1

that Tonya is one heck of a smooth operator

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  Рік тому

I am pleased with the T25 and the ironcraft auger. I think it did a really good job.

• @1millionstartups
    @1millionstartups 8 місяців тому +1

Best way to know if a tractor works with certain attachment(s) is trying, and it's even better when you share, so a big thank you. That 5 gpm hydraulic motor might not handle rocks or construction debris but seems powerful enough for soil and clay.

• @gckshea
    @gckshea Рік тому +1

That Gizmo dog is right there supervising!

• @Morecowbell4u
    @Morecowbell4u Рік тому +6

From my perspective that certainly turns the auger fast enough for the limited work that I would have for it.

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  Рік тому +3

I totally agree with you. It is perfect for what we do. I know some people would like it to turn faster, but I find that it just throws dirt around if it's faster. I think the T25 is a viable tractor for this auger.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому +1

@@TonysTractorAdventure Its not so much the speed, but the torque output to be able to bust through tough situations, or get through rocks, clay, hard pan, etc. Its not the speed, its the torque and yeah, if it goes too fast all it'll do is throw stuff everywhere, and makes more work later in cleaning up HAHA!!

• @stanleyconrad4234
    @stanleyconrad4234 Рік тому +3

Hey Tony. I don’t have enough holes needed to justify that purchase. I guess I could hire out the 25 to poke some, but at my age I’d probably just argue with the customer. For drama I manage just fine on the comments some of your viewers have! Lots of experts. I’m glad I know everything there is to know about everything already! Saves a lot of time Chief. If your attack is going as planned, you just walked into an ambush! Yep, been there. And yet here I am. 6 out.

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  Рік тому +1

I love this stuff, sir. I have learned to let it roll off me and push delete if it is warranted.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому +3

I needed an auger like that 20 years ago when I installed all the fences when we had horses....Did every single one of the 187 holes by hand with a clam shell post hole digger and a wrecking bar to break up the hard pan.

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  11 місяців тому

Back breaking work, for sure.

• @joerodrigues3816
    @joerodrigues3816 Рік тому +2

I hope you are all doing well mate as always love your videos god bless you all always mate.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

My friend. Yes sir. Life is good. God bless you and your family too. Tony

• @rodgerneeb301
    @rodgerneeb301 Рік тому +4

TYM fan boy, here, simultaneously I am a Milwaukee M18 Fuel fan boy. And I feel certain that if you were to get a vinyl cut decal that says Milwaukee M18 Fuel to put on the red hydraulic motor section of that auger it would improve it's performance greatly.

• @kenjones9169
    @kenjones9169 Рік тому +4

Vice grips work on removing stripped screws. Ask me how I know 😊

• @TonysTractorAdventure

How do you know? LOL! I didn't want to leave the hole. Water would get in it. We will sand and finish this at some point. It all worked out.

• @MikeOrazzi
    @MikeOrazzi Рік тому +3

I bought a 3 point version a few years ago, this might have been a better option for my 43hp John Deere.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

It definitely works better on my 48hp, but I can see better on this tractor. I liked how it works.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому

LOL, yeah those things are a PITA. Everyone seemed to have needed one, until they tried to use it, then it just became a permanent fixture in their yard after the first time they tried it. Lots of them in my area, and very few of them ever get used after the first attempt because the ground is either too rocky, too much clay, or hard pan.

• @MikeOrazzi
      @MikeOrazzi Рік тому +1

@@wildbill23c The post hole digger isn't my favorite attachment. I should make a stand for it, that may make it easier to connect and store.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому

@@MikeOrazzi I see a lot of people just run the auger into the ground and call it stored LOL...not sure how that is on the auger over time, or how much better it is to hook up to the tractor later...but they don't seem all that useful since you can't safely apply downforce to them like you can the ones that attach to the loader....course with a small tractor too much force just raises the front wheels off the ground LOL....don't really have a need for an auger anymore tore all the fences down for a reason, and don't care to put any back up HAHA!!

• @MikeOrazzi
      @MikeOrazzi Рік тому +1

@@wildbill23c I did that the first time I used it. It seemed to work, but over time, it may not be the best idea.

• @ronlicari5403
    @ronlicari5403 Місяць тому +1

Hoping my 2023 Yanmar 235C will run this, they say I get 7gpm.

• @PeaceIntheValley
    @PeaceIntheValley Рік тому

what size auger was this? I bet it would do a 24" just fine. What I find nice about this is digging down once. With rear PTO you have go up and down multiple times just so it doesn't get stuck in the ground.

• @enwinn
    @enwinn Рік тому +1

Great video. I think I want one of these for my tractor. 64 posts for your foundation?

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  Рік тому +2

60 posts. I bought four extras just so they wouldn't unban it. It was easier for me to ship this way.

• @lynnshomestead7545Johnlynn
    @lynnshomestead7545Johnlynn Рік тому +2

You can add the extension after you drill the first one in right ?

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I think you could do it. Don't know if it would be feasible. You know me. I'll probably try.

• @lynnshomestead7545Johnlynn
      @lynnshomestead7545Johnlynn Рік тому

@TonysTractorAdventure it's like drilling a hole in wood in something very thick in a tight place, you add an extention that's smaller in diameter than the bit and continue till your through then pull back take off extention rechuck bit and remove from wood

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому

You certainly can do it that way. The only reason he says you can't is because of the limited lift height of the tractor....once you got the auger down in the ground far enough you can pull the pin or bolt and put the extension on and continue to go deeper. Probably better that way anyhow, less apt to bend something with the long extension and the auger trying to get things lined up and the hole started.

• @charger7022
    @charger7022 8 місяців тому +1

Will it run in reverse. My big issue with clay and my 3 point auger is it screws it self In and stalls the tractor.

• @billgyrotech
    @billgyrotech 9 місяців тому

Pre-drill holes next time for the bench seat.

• @rodneybass7615
    @rodneybass7615 Рік тому +1

Try eastern north Carolina. It's 930 and it's already in the upper 80'S . 94 for a high today.yea

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I will come over to North Carolina and cool off. We've already had real temperatures of over 102° with heat indexes of 132.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

Rodney, I am sending this hot to you. You can have it. LOL!

• @aCycloneSteve
    @aCycloneSteve Рік тому

Is there an after-market sun-shade available for the TYM 2515? I like the look of it but I like the shade as well. 🙂

• @TonysTractorAdventure

Absolutely. Many! I have two at home. I don't use them much.

• @aCycloneSteve
      @aCycloneSteve Рік тому

@@TonysTractorAdventure That's good to hear. I've never seen one on film or any advertisements for that option. I REALLY want A/C but I know a tractor like this is to small for that.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I would love A/C just like you, but I don't have A/C on my bigger tractor either. I would bust the windows out in the woods. Those windows can be as much as $1000. Still, being cool on a hot day might be worth it.

• @lennyross2813
    @lennyross2813 8 місяців тому +1

Does the auger have a reverse ability? Can it rotate the other way using the 3rd function?

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  8 місяців тому +1

Yes. It reverses by pushing the other button.

• @lennyross2813
      @lennyross2813 7 місяців тому

@@TonysTractorAdventure nice! Thanks for the reply!

• @68greengoat
    @68greengoat 4 місяці тому +1

What model was the iron craft auger?

• @subixbarbarasson6052
    @subixbarbarasson6052 4 місяці тому

Would this work with a 254?
    I would like to buy an auger soon and would also like to buy a stump planer bit for it.
    Do you have any suggestions with regard to the kapacity of the TYM-254 ?

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  4 місяці тому

The t-254 is a bit underpowered for this. I also don't believe it will lift high enough. I can't use an extension with My T25.

• @subixbarbarasson6052
      @subixbarbarasson6052 4 місяці тому

@@TonysTractorAdventure
      Thank you so much for your reply.
      Are there any quikk attatch 3rd funktion augers that would work with a 254?
      At least that you know of?

• @flyingjoed
    @flyingjoed 3 місяці тому

I was told by my dealer to not use an auger on the front because if you hit a big rock or something that quickly stops the auger, it can do damage to the loader arms. What are your thoughts on that?

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  3 місяці тому

Your dealer has never used this auger. It is made for tractors. It doesn't turn fast. Think about it this way. When the tractor is pushing a load with the bucket. It takes a lot stronger side load than this auger can provide ten fold. Your dealer most likely has only ever seen or used a high flow skid steer auger. Not the same. Apples and oranges.

• @boblani8150
    @boblani8150 Рік тому +1

Hi Tony, Enjoy your videos. Being that you seem to be a main contact to TYM, could you make a phone call and see if TYM is ever going to offer e factory cab with heat and a/c on the t25 tractor. Would be a great fit. Amazing they offer a field cab with heat only when I would think tractors are probably used more in the summer when it's Hot. it would be a good competitor against other tractors in it's class. Thank You

• @TonysTractorAdventure

It is a great idea, but it not feasible in a 25hp tractor at this time. They have the heated cab already for the T25. Heat doesn't require much power as it uses the free heat produce by the engine. AC requires an AC pump which pulls from 3 to 5 hp away from the tractor. This is a big deal. Kioti, Kubota, and a few more tractors companies have tried the 25hp small tractor with AC. Almost all the owners hate them because with the AC on they can only run 3 1/2' PTO implements. Imagine running through 6" grass and coming to a crawl due to lack of HP. The best solution is to add more HP. That is more complicated than most understand. Once the tractor goes over 25hp, it has to have all of the tier 4 EPA requirements. This stuff takes up space and will not fit under the T25's hood. Note, I did say at this time. There are new technologies that require less HP. Let see what the future holds.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому +1

@@TonysTractorAdventure The AC cab on the Kubota BX series comes with a 2nd alternator which powers the AC unit...what a lot of people don't realize is you have to run the machine at full throttle for the AC to work LOL...and then you are slightly limited in HP and in a small tractor, that 3-5HP bite from your total HP which already isn't much is a lot of lost HP...PTO HP on the Kubota BX2680 the largest BX size engine is only 19HP....subtract another 5HP to run that 2nd alternator/AC and you are down to 14HP, which is about the PTO output rating of Kubota's smallest BX1880. Mowing your lawn might be fine with 14HP, blowing snow might be fine with 14HP, but you probably wouldn't be running the AC at that point HAHA!!
      Curtis makes a lot of the cabs for these tractors...they probably could build a cab for the TYM series...the problem is the cabs are almost $10k without AC, and about $18k with AC.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

AC pump or alternator. It is robbing horsepower from the engine. I know several people who own these tractors I spoke of. They are not happy with them. I don't think the technology is there

• @boblani8150
      @boblani8150 Рік тому

I was thinking more of the Kioti cx2510 cab with heat and a/c. Thanks to every one.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

The Kioti suffers from the same issues as the Kubota. When the AC is on, it suffers from severe power loss to the PTO. I receive over a thousand comments each week on my social media channels. I go to tractor shows all over the United States. Every owner that I have talked to who owns a 25 horsepower tractor with an air condition Cab is unhappy about the mowing speed and the lower power. Maybe in a few years they can get air conditioner so efficient that it's possible. I know this is not the answer that you want, but you will regret buying a 25 horsepower tractor with a cab and air conditioner. It would be better to move up to a 30 to 35 horsepower tractor with a cab and AC. You would be able to pull at least a 5 ft implement at reasonable speeds.

• @tappedthatsugarshackhallad3909

Great video, as always, that front mount auger is the cat's ass

• @robertr3251
    @robertr3251 Рік тому +1

What breed of dog is Gizmo? He’s great 😊

• @ernestliebe1585
    @ernestliebe1585 11 місяців тому

The reason the lags didn't pull in deeper is wet end grain. 24:43

• @greenwoodsbushhogging6704
    @greenwoodsbushhogging6704 Рік тому +3

Not to be the safety guy here, but you don't want that cut off wheel to explode into your thigh. It's not a fun experience to go through. I now always have the guard on when using cutoff wheels.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

Thank you for looking out. I have the scare too. I have learned to always have it pulling away from me except when I don't. LOL! I do appreciate your comment.

• @greenwoodsbushhogging6704
      @greenwoodsbushhogging6704 Рік тому +1

@TonysTractorAdventure I typically just ignore the things people do, I'm guilty of doing plenty of sketchy things myself. Especially on a tractor/equipment. I'll chime in on a few things that could be deadly or cause some real problems as a P.S.A comment for the ones who don't know. You see pretty safety concerned about everything you do, and I'm glad you're one to preach on safety as well.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I should be better on safety, but I show things how they are. I use to be the mean old safety officer in the Army. I do some sketchy stuff now too.

• @charlesboston1
    @charlesboston1 Рік тому +1

how many gpm is your tractor ?

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I covered all of that in the video.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому +1

Right off TYM's website:
      Implement flow 4.18 gpm
      Steering flow 2.77 gpm
      Total flow 6.95 gpm
      As a comparison my Kubota BX2680's total flow is 6.2gpm...with about 1gpm going to the power steering, and the rest goes to implement flow...but if you are using implements like you have your loader maxxed out, you get no power steering assist....so the pump does have a provision to bypass the power steering to send full flow to your loader, or 3 point or 3rd function or rear remotes I assume...I just know with my BX2680 if I am using the loader and trying to lift something heavy, I get nothing for power steering assist.

• @frankp215
    @frankp215 Рік тому +3

I find that a drill does better at driving those screws.

• @sidneyevans1584
    @sidneyevans1584 10 місяців тому

Do you have a Mahindra 1635 tractor 🚜

• @IsambardKingdom
    @IsambardKingdom Місяць тому

At start of video - Man on ground needs to learn correct hand signals to give to tractor driver rather than talking over tractor engine and some rather unclear hand motions - she did a great job understanding what was required - also have tractor idled back a bit when just positioning things especially when there is someone on ground in close proximity.

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  Місяць тому

Thank you for your input. This is a "what Tony and Tanja does channel" and not a "how to channel." LOL!

• @b92555
    @b92555 Рік тому +1

Where are the rocks?

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I bought land without rocks. I thought everyone knew to do that. LOL!

• @darkwinter6028
      @darkwinter6028 Рік тому

I’m pretty sure that they’re all over here. Dug a trench for a ground-mount solar installation with my backhoe; what came out of the ground was about 75% rocks. 🤨

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I live in East, TN for 6 years. It was horrible dealing with the rocks.

• @kevinashby3784
    @kevinashby3784 Рік тому +1

question: why wouldn't you use the bigger tractor with the PHD ? Also, Pilot holes might not have been a bad idea. ( I don''t mean to be a backseat driver, but just saying

• @Noah_E
    @Noah_E Рік тому +1

Instead of a sawzall and grinder a pair of vise grips will have those stubborn bolts out in no time without the risk of sharp metal being left behind.

• @khasani1112
    @khasani1112 3 місяці тому +1

🫡

• @wildbill23c
    @wildbill23c Рік тому

I doubt my Kubota BX2680 would run that thing 5gpm that the auger claims is the bare minimum, to make the bit spin I believe, you'd need closer to 9gpm to really make use of it. Maybe in perfect already loose soil, but not in the hardpan/clay crap we have here in southern Idaho. You'd just end up with a permanent auger bit in your yard. The augers that mount to the loader sound great, but you gotta have a big enough tractor to run that hydraulic motor, and most of these little tractors don't, or are on the very bare low end of the requirements and won't give many people the results they think they should. Those 3 point hitch augers are a PITA for a lot of people. I'll just stick to the shovel and regular old clamshell post hole digger and wrecking bar that I've used for the past 30 years.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I just showed it worked really well on a 4.9 gallon per minute system. You are right about the rear mount it postal diggers. They are the bane of my existence. They had this hydraulic motor made specifically for the low flow tractors.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому

@@TonysTractorAdventure 5GPM is total output, loader operation and the auger running off the 3rd function, I bet it would really struggle if it would work at all. Given the soil conditions in my area, it probably wouldn't have enough torque at that low of an output to break through the hard pan, and I don't know of anyone in my area that has one of those augers to give it a try...an awfully expensive attachment to "try" LOL. The nice thing with the loader mounted augers though, is you have downforce, where with a typical 3 point auger you don't have that, you have to rely on the auger being able to dig in and pull itself down...and then get itself stuck LOL.

• @TonysTractorAdventure

I appreciate your opinion, but having run it in person, It never once offered to bog down. I would feel comfortable running it every day.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c Рік тому +1

@@TonysTractorAdventure Cool send it my way to test it on a smaller machine.

• @TonysTractorAdventure
      @TonysTractorAdventure  11 місяців тому +1

@wildbill23c. I think this is as small as I would want to try it on.

• @davidmcouch7453
    @davidmcouch7453 Рік тому +1

You need a better drill!

• @TonysTractorAdventure

You obviously never worked with seasoned oak before. Especially seasoned oak and the knot. Any impact driver would be a good driver if it did half as well as the one I have.😁😁😁

• @joeparker7508
    @joeparker7508 11 місяців тому

Boogers

• @TonysTractorAdventure

Joe, What you trying to say. It did it right in front of your eyes. LOL!