A Brand New "VINTAGE" Cine Lens | Dulens APO Mini Prime 85mm T2.4

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 6 вер 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 32

• @kama-kiri6496
    @kama-kiri6496 8 місяців тому +1

Thanks for the review! The 85mm images look a lot like the Dulens 85/2 APO non-cine lens they released a few years back, which I love. I'm glad their new cine lens efforts are being well received, as Dulens really deserves to see some success.

• @JimandSairs
    @JimandSairs 9 місяців тому +5

I enjoyed your video but I’d find it easier to assess the lens characteristics if there were no filters used

• @kaichuuuuuu
      @kaichuuuuuu  9 місяців тому +1

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll keep that in mind because that’s a good point in hindsight.
      I think I’m just so used to putting on a mist filter by default to achieve the look I want with the lenses I want

• @moocorp
      @moocorp 9 місяців тому

@@kaichuuuuuu glimmer/mist on everything... can't escape...

• @visualesdesdeelabismo
    @visualesdesdeelabismo 9 місяців тому +2

I got the same exact set not long ago, haven't been able to use them on an actual project but have been very satisfied with the non-scientific walk-around tests i've done.

• @kaichuuuuuu
      @kaichuuuuuu  9 місяців тому

Hoping to use it for work very soon! Excited for it to get some cool shots with it with good lighting

• @philhosticka
    @philhosticka 8 місяців тому +1

I got the same 3 lens set and can’t say enough good things about them. I put a Metabones speedbooster on my X-h2s and haven’t looked back. I think your review is the most accurate I’ve seen so far. Keep them coming!

• @kaichuuuuuu
      @kaichuuuuuu  8 місяців тому

Thank you! I'd love to see how they look with Fuji colors as well!

• @diazfilms
    @diazfilms 9 місяців тому +3

Your footage looked awesome! Thanks for this presentation. I'll be getting a set soon enough and look forward to the other lens reviews.

• @kaichuuuuuu

Thank you! And hope you have lots of fun with them when you get them :)

• @sheep_hk
    @sheep_hk 9 місяців тому +1

I got here from your video on Keychron Q6 (and smiled a little noticing some common interests we have). Quality videos all around; keep up the creativity man I'll be sticking around to see your success!

• @kaichuuuuuu

Thanks, and glad you enjoyed :) I always appreciate some quirky stuff!

• @ansenvideoproduction
    @ansenvideoproduction 2 місяці тому +1

Impressive. Great job 👏🏻

• @Filmchip
    @Filmchip 6 місяців тому +1

Great video! Im into vintage lenses but have been concerned with getting the same color throughout the different focal lengths. Wondering if it may be more worth it for me to put my money into something like this that will be nicer to use and will last me a long time.

• @kaichuuuuuu
      @kaichuuuuuu  6 місяців тому +1

Thank you!
      I think as long as the overall look is remotely similar and there isn't a complete difference in contrast between the lenses (like my Helios 44M vs a brand new Sigma Art lens), matching color shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think the benefit of a good cine lens set is more of a physical thing being the same size and weight, and like you said, build quality. You can always get rehoused vintage lenses too, like Iron Glass Adapters, GL Optics, etc.

• @marcofazio7342
    @marcofazio7342 8 місяців тому +1

Great review, Kaikou! I own the full Dulens set, and I love it :-)

• @DULENSHK
    @DULENSHK 9 місяців тому +1

thank you so much Kai bro for the sharing!

• @DULENSHK
      @DULENSHK 9 місяців тому

followed

• @kaichuuuuuu

Absolutely, and thank you! Excited to use your lenses more :))

• @dantecorbett2221
    @dantecorbett2221 9 місяців тому +1

Great video mate! I own the 43mm and I agree that it is a little different than the others but I still enjoy the look of it and look forward to getting the 85mm before the sale ends :D Cheers.

• @kaichuuuuuu

I hope you do get it and enjoy them both :)

• @lucas_yinghao
    @lucas_yinghao 9 місяців тому +1

1k sub let's go! Well deserved dude!

• @kaichuuuuuu

Thank you so much for the support!!

• @brianheft3966
    @brianheft3966 9 місяців тому +1

Thanks for making this video. I have been following these and really like the look they produce. There is something quirky about Dulens, the offbeat sizing and such. I dig it. Just curious, how did you decide on the Wooden PL adapter? Many thanks. Brian H.

• @kaichuuuuuu

Uniqueness is always my favorite!
      I actually returned the Wooden Camera one and got the DZOFilm one. Mine had some play on the e-mount, and when I contacted customer support, they made it sound like it was acceptable to have play so 👎

• @adngtn5966
    @adngtn5966 9 місяців тому +1

Hi thanks for the video mate ! Would you recommand these Dulens lenses over Irix cine lines ?

• @kaichuuuuuu

Thank you for watching! I have not tried the Irix lenses myself, but in the end, I chose Dulens for the looks I wanted

• @ChristianSmith
    @ChristianSmith 9 місяців тому +1

Great video! I have the 43mm, in buying a second one would you go for the 31mm or 85mm first?

• @kaichuuuuuu

Thank you!
      I think it’s gonna depend on the type of work you’ll be doing. Personally I’d say both - the 31 has the shortest MFD of the set thus far but is also obviously the widest and arguably has the most character, 85 is unusable close distance, but is the longest. But if I had to choose, I’d go 85 just for the extra zoom you get without having to crop in a ton, but again, you’ll be missing out on the wide end

• @moocorp
    @moocorp 9 місяців тому

"... looks worse... makes you feel," that 6/10 ex with bpd huh?

• @YasinHasan
    @YasinHasan 9 місяців тому +1

there are cheaper cinema lens than this