BUDGET MOUNTAIN BIKE in 2023...Can it be any good? Pt. 1 - Polygon Siskiu T7

Поділитися
Вставка

КОМЕНТАРІ • 27

• @Bike198
    @Bike198  Рік тому

What do you guys think about the POLYGON SISKIU T7? Comment below or check it out here --> bikesonline-usa.sjv.io/5gkqK3

• @leetori1
      @leetori1 11 місяців тому

Love my 27.5M and I’m 5ft9 with Magic Mary front, Big Betty rear and Pike forks

• @bikesonline
    @bikesonline Рік тому +1

Great video! Thank you for creating this informative content! 😎

• @kubaAk47
    @kubaAk47 5 місяців тому

Dork wheel is actually really handy. You schould always keep it.

• @Eph610-20
    @Eph610-20 9 місяців тому

I bought my T7 a couple years ago. I changed nearly everything on it because I am a heavy and aggressive rider. It's a good platform to build off of, and in it's oem state, very capable for most people. I like the Polygon mentality but i am not a fan of Bikes Online. My experience with them was not good, but I have heard others say the opposite. I will say thay that with the current bike market, you may find better bikes at a competitive price, but they won't be that much better. I would recommend Polygon but beware of Bikes Online. Also the D series are a very nice group of bikes. A friend has a D6 that we upgraded a little. Very strong frames.

• @HotWheelsATL
    @HotWheelsATL Рік тому +6

How is this a budget MTB?

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому +1

Have you looked around at pricing right now? It is hard to find anything under $2k that is worth riding in the full suspension market...even used...

• @cameronbarber3768
      @cameronbarber3768 Рік тому +1

The prices of bikes have only gone up over the years, it sucks to say but comparatively speaking this is a budget bike as far as pricing and component specs are concerned. Not to say that it isn't a great bike out of the box, but most people buy bikes this cheap just to throw more expensive upgrades at

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому

But what if you buy this bike and then buy lightly used upgrades?

• @cameronbarber3768
      @cameronbarber3768 Рік тому

@@Bike198 either way still buying to upgrade the current components. I mean for the most part I wouldn't have a problem at all running it how it comes! But I'm sure over the years I'd end up upgrading things like the fork and wheels

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому

I don't disagree but don't we do that anyway? The way pricing is going right now in the industry is keeping people out of riding instead of inviting them in. Isn't it better to have a quality frame that gets more people out and mountain biking?

• @diegox426
    @diegox426 Рік тому +1

That polygon was my 1er option, but I ended up buying the norco fluid fs4 for us1800

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому +1

They had this one on sale recently for $1700. That Norco is also a good option at this price point.

• @zachchadwick8323
    @zachchadwick8323 Рік тому +1

Man I love trek lol

• @sleepa20v
      @sleepa20v Рік тому

I’m not really a fan of Specialized.

• @marxellbartolome3161
    @marxellbartolome3161 Рік тому

Polygon t7 user but replaced the groupset with 12s slx and quadpiston brakes from my hardtail. Changed also the handle bar and stem with spank 35mm rise and 203mm rotor front and rear. Its a good bike

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому

How does it feel after the upgrades?

• @marxellbartolome3161
      @marxellbartolome3161 Рік тому

The bike feel much better specially when i change the handle bar and step.

• @aimbuzzambush8897
    @aimbuzzambush8897 Рік тому

How tall are you and what size frame you have?

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому +1

6'2" and a large

• @Kokhaiofficial-hs3en
    @Kokhaiofficial-hs3en Рік тому

Sangat bagus 👍

• @fransnyman9059
    @fransnyman9059 Рік тому

First like and comment.

• @travispowers1704
    @travispowers1704 Рік тому

I myself, like calling these more of an entry level price to the higher end bikes. Yes, bikes can be had for less money. The lower priced bikes, might not get as nice of suspension, thru axels or cheaper brakes. This bike like a few other brands out there offer a better built bike. I myself decided to support the local shop and bought a Giant Trance 29, which was a few hundred more than this Polygon. I've seen many people ride these Polygons, they appear to be nice bikes!

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому +1

That is the part I was really trying to drive home. There are more "budget" bikes out there but are they a good starting point if you are looking to get serious about mountain biking? This is a good, budget full suspension bike that you can upgrade if you want. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

• @aquilonianace4791
    @aquilonianace4791 Рік тому +2

Budget bike for $2,000 😂😂😂
    I'll stick to my 90s hardtail that I bought used for $100. Geez man how much did you get for this review? For this kind of hard sell and thick layer of bs I hope you asked for $15k

• @Bike198
      @Bike198  Рік тому +2

I don't do paid reviews. If you look at the current pricing of new full suspension bikes, this is a lot more affordable than most of the options out there...even on the used market. I would say the average pricing right now is at least $5-6k and goes up to over $12k. Prices have gone up a lot in recent years.