*!* FULL REVIEW FUJIFILM X-T20 & X-T20 vs. X-T2 vs. X-T1. Extremely high marks for X-T20 !

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 26 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 224

• @AnandaGarden
    @AnandaGarden 6 років тому +15

Everybody should donate - this is expert purchase consulting. This was very helpful to me. Oh my, the X-E2 jumped out of its box and startled me. Like many I'm dumping Canon FF for Fuji and need something reliable. At 75 the Canon glass (I'm 75, not the glass) is just gushingly great (135, 16-35/4). But a 6D w/lens is NOT something you carry around everywhere to take quiet, happy, warm-hearted shots of people. I pointed the 16-35 at a friend recently and she like to jumped out of her socks, quite understandably offended. That sealed it. Thanks for helping me narrow the choices.

• @dunnymonster
    @dunnymonster 7 років тому +8

If I ever decide to enter the Fujifilm system the XT20 would be my choice of entry. The price difference between it and the XT2 is pretty substantial and would allow me to purchase an additional couple of lenses. Sadly I've still got to add to my lighting and main Nikon system and money can only stretch so far 😯

• @bensslightnature
      @bensslightnature 7 років тому +1

additional couple of lenses? so 300$ each? expect crappy image quality.

• @dunnymonster
      @dunnymonster 7 років тому +3

SilentGameplay Clearly I'm not suggesting Fuji's best lenses here. If you want native AF lenses you could purchase the 35mm f2 plus the variable aperture telephoto 50 - 230mm with the money saved. Add these to the provided kit lens and you have a wide range of focal lengths to get you started. Failing that you could adapt old manual lenses using an adapter. I accept that isn't for everybody but $700 would buy a lot if you went that route. An Xt2 body on its own with no lens isn't going to take any images at all let alone crappy ones. :-P

• @dunnymonster
      @dunnymonster 7 років тому

Yannick Khong I've never worked with Fuji RAWs but I understand they can give a waxy appearance to skin tones which many find unpleasant. Personally I find the Fuji images to look good to my eye but no doubt the X trans sensor will give the files a somewhat different rendering.

• @AdrianGalli
    @AdrianGalli 5 років тому +4

The X-T20 was my first Fujifilm camera and the reason I now own the X-H1 and 4 Fuji lenses. Great camera. The X-T30 is no doubt even better.

• @BR04LAN
    @BR04LAN 7 років тому +4

i agree that the X-T20 is a great travel camera. i already own some Nikon gear and recently bought an X-T2. i was fortunate to pick up the X-T20 used for £650 from a camera store in the week, body only with a 6 month warranty. only issue i have noticed, it's difficult to hold for my hands so am awaiting a grip for it...

• @PatriciaDavidsonPhotography
    @PatriciaDavidsonPhotography 7 років тому +4

Thanks for the great review. I was thinking of picking up the Xt20. I have gotten so used to the joy stick on the Xt2 that my thumb reaches for it when using my Xt1 ☺

• @earlfenwick
    @earlfenwick 7 років тому +1

Great review. I took a look at the X-T20 and wasn't won over by the look of the camera at first (but it was the silver one). I have tried to get by with the Fuji X-70 but it is just a bit too wide for all purpose shooting and the lack of a viewfinder is not making me happy. I think after watching this and too many other reviews it is time to sell everything and consolidate. I have to admit this camera ticks all the boxes. Tilt monitor, viewfinder, touch, 4k, mic input. and Fuji color naturally. It may be a little bigger than the X-70 but I carry a little bag all the time anyway. Soooo - The Canon GX5, The X-70 and the Nikon 7000 are all going up on Ebay tonight. Simplify! I will get a wide prime and pretend it's and X-100f (but better).

• @lucanos34
    @lucanos34 7 років тому +1

Man, you are some unnecessarily chatty nerdy but so good at the same time. I always get all of the information i need from your videos. Thanks for being over the top about this stuff. It really helps

• @E3Zombie
    @E3Zombie 7 років тому +1

As someone who spends months at a time back packing I can't agree that this is the best travel camera. Maybe for normies but twin SD cards is something I simply will not part with on a big trip often the things I see I could never capture again so back ups are a huge deal to me. For me the XPRO2 has that title with a 23 f2 and maybe my 12mm f2 and 60mm macro

• @peterzpictstube
    @peterzpictstube 7 років тому +1

Spot on, I fell in love with the X-T10 as a package after handling one at a show. I have full Nikon 7200 system and love what I can do with it but long for a compact like this for fun times and video which the Nikon is just PITA to work with. Although my conflict is for the price of this camera with the 18-55 kit I could add a Tamron 70-200 G2 to my kit. Decisions Decisions.

• @kashifsaleem5702
    @kashifsaleem5702 3 роки тому +2

Hi my name is Kashif saleem and I am from Pakistan I would like to ask you that if I am getting fuji XT1 brand new for around 550 to 600 US$ is it a right decision or should I buy xt20 means which one will be better among these 2 fuji films.

• @noelslattery4502
    @noelslattery4502 5 років тому

Shooting with a D700 with lots of Nikon glass old and new. Had a X-Pro1 for a few months but was disappointed with the AF. D700 still does most jobs but looking for something new. D500 would be obvious choice but still interested in the Fuji system. I know you still rate the D7200 too.

• @simonsimpson4695
    @simonsimpson4695 5 років тому

I came back to Ken’s excellent video comparing the XT20 and XT2 in October 2019. Very useful.

• @tc2703
    @tc2703 6 років тому +1

First, thank you for your videos and reviews.. I love them. I recently admitted to myself that I just didn’t bring my Nikon D7100 with me as much as I would like to. I don’t have the funds to buy all the gear I would like and I decided to take the plunge and sell my Nikon gear and move to Fuji. I got the X-T20 and the 16-50 OIS II for $900! I added the 23mm f2.
    Right out of the gate I was very impressed with the camera and images, jpeg and raw. I LOVE the film simulations.
    Do I want the XT2? Yes. Do I need it right now? No. The price of the XT2 is falling and maybe when I have $400 or so I can move to the XT2.
    With all of that said, I haven’t looked back and I love the Fuji experience from shooting to results.
    I would be VERY interested in your thoughts on the IQ of the 16-50 OIS II. I know the build is BLAH and it isn’t a fast lens.. but from what I have read and seen it seems to be a pretty good lens. I am not convinced that the 18-55 is THAT much better but please correct me if it is.
    Thank you again. Your videos are so helpful.

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  6 років тому

well make sure to get the vertical grip..... well a used 18-55 is the best choice for the $$$$$, that 16-50 is a plastic mount :)

• @danielbatts9386
    @danielbatts9386 7 років тому

I saw in another video that the focus points can be adjusted by the keypad too. Not as quick maybe as a joystick, but an option when using the viewfinder.

• @funkyduster9363
    @funkyduster9363 7 років тому

Great reviews Ken. I'm about to buy the XT20 and I like using this indoors with low light for portraits and people, then for street/architecture, nature shots and then finally for landscape/wide views (sort of in that order). Given that the kit lens is discounted so I may as well take that (also for the video OIS) what two lenses would you pick from 50mm, 16mm, 23mm (2 or 1.4)??Confused??

• @erintaylor5856
    @erintaylor5856 7 років тому +1

I think you convinced me to tip in the direction of the X-T20. What is funny is no manufacture uses the term "weather sealed". I have a D500 and D750, and the X-T20 seems a no brainer way to enter the Fuji system. The camera you use is the camera you take. It seems this would be carried often. And I love my Nikons. :)

• @NeverWolf
    @NeverWolf 7 років тому +2

Still getting the X T2 xD
    But yeah. Good recommendation tbh.
    Most people probably don't even need all the features the X T2 offers.
    I don't, I just want the battery grip. I prefer heavier cameras.

• @NeverWolf
      @NeverWolf 7 років тому

Well...
      If there was no expectation for a new flag ship in the next couple years, I'd say you're right.
      Even then, the X T2 will resell for higher than the X T20 so for the most part the X T2 is a better long run investment.
      I don't rly plan on replacing my camera every time a newer shinier version comes out so in my case X T2 is *definitely* a better investment.

• @bhuboydeleon3699
    @bhuboydeleon3699 5 років тому +2

Hi, Ken , saw my friends xt-20 todays and was impress and want to get mirrorless camera now, due to weight being less than my D850, if you will buy one today, which one you will get, the XT20, XT-2 or XT3 , thanks, hoping for your response before i buy

• @idletype
    @idletype 5 років тому

Hi Ken, great review as always. I’m looking to upgrade from my beloved x100f to an interchangeable lens camera. Two questions: Would the autofocus speed of the xT20 paired with the 23mm f/2 and/or the 35mm f/2 be faster than the x100f autofocus? And second, how does the xT20’s build quality compare to the awesomely solid and chunky-feeling x100f?

• @Selhurst44
    @Selhurst44 6 років тому

I'm looking at getting into Fuji cameras. I've been a Canon guy for years, SLR and then DSLR, but lugging it around on my travels is getting too much. Thanks for your review of the X-T20 versus the X-T2, it has really helped. My only question now is X-T20 or X-E3?

• @Feemy
    @Feemy 6 років тому

I have an XT20 and don't miss the swivel screen at all. I use my excellent Pixel 2 XL if I ever want to vlog, not that I do much vlogging. I prefer to hold a smaller device for vlogs, Not a biggie at all!

• @RoskothenNMD
    @RoskothenNMD 7 років тому +1

Just a tip, Ken: If you programm the AF to the down-button on the back of the X-T20, you can well substitute the joystick.

• @daphnedh9086
      @daphnedh9086 7 років тому

Got mine set-up like that but it ain't no substitute.
      Doesn't really work well when using 300+ focus points and you wanna pull that single one over your model/clients eye.
      But there is always face detect:D

• @paulv8453
      @paulv8453 6 років тому

P. Roskothen That's how I have my xt10 set up and I like it. It's not that big of a deal and I've owned the xt2 before.

• @rflc92
    @rflc92 7 років тому

About the joystick you want: Actually I change the focus point with my thumb with the camera in my eye, it takes two or three clicks at most, but it's doable. Obviously it's not as easy as with a joystick, but it does the trick.

• @jliebs7218
    @jliebs7218 7 років тому

thanks for the great vid. I have what I suspect is a common question, could you recommend the camera to get for an adult(53)interested in getting involved inphotography? simply looking for something I can grow into and learn with > oh and what lens?thinking outdoor,landscape, and street. I appreciate any help.

• @MrNYCman530
    @MrNYCman530 6 років тому +1

I just purchased the X-T20, along with 2 fast primes and a pancake lens. What brand of shutter release button would you recommend for it which doesn't fall off easily?

• @bryancohen5121
    @bryancohen5121 7 років тому +1

I have a d7K and looking to upgrade; considering 7200 (unimpressed with 7500 announcement)...Would this be a worthwhile upgrade from the mid-line Nikons? (i have a little x70 for a "take everywhere" camera and love it!!)
    Thanks, great vid as usual

• @MrTezzuka
    @MrTezzuka 6 років тому

Will the X-T20 be able to replicate the look and style of the X-T1's images it produces? I recently used my friends xt1 and was blown away with the look of every image I took. Apparently there are film presets in the camera is this correct? Will they probably give me the look I'm babbling about? I purchased a a7r for travel and casual shooting but the menu system in not as enjoyable and easy as my Nikon's so I now want to downgrade quality but upgrade enjoyment. Thanks for your help through the years and keep kicking ass mate!

• @JimS0cks
    @JimS0cks 7 років тому +8

i have x-t10, defintely gonna get x-t20

• @nitrowad
    @nitrowad 7 років тому +1

Been waiting for your review for quite some time now, and now I'm definitely picking one up and I have a feeling that it will replace my Canon 7D (not 5D mk2 though, but who knows), especially because I want the focus peaking so bad, so I can start using some awesome manual lenses :)

• @John1986ATR
    @John1986ATR 7 років тому +1

Hi, thanks for your review. I currently own an Olympus EM5 Mk2 which has been a great camera and I like it's un-assuming nature at a social event/wedding. I am thinking to sell all my Olympus kit and move to Fuji. I am keen on landscape, nightscape (aurora and astro), wildlife and a little bit of portrait (friends but nothing professional).
    As you will be well aware M4/3 isn't the greatest choice for low light though I bought it to keep the kit light-weight. I also find with wildlife where you need a fast shutter speed and the only way to achieve that sometimes is increasing ISO and the image quality / noise disappoints me.
    I would be aiming to own the 18-55mm f2.8-f4 Kit along with the 56mm f1.2, 100-400mm (granted the kit becomes less lightweight) and a Samyang 12mm f2 in order to cover my areas of interest.
    I do love the articulating screen and the IBIS of the EM5 which sadly are not on this body.
    Would you recommend moving to the X-T20 for the uses I Have in mind?

• @philhoyle1106
    @philhoyle1106 6 років тому

I would like the timer to not reset when I turn the camera off. That said I love the camera,,,,not picked up d500 since I bought it.

• @johnsamuelmcelroy
    @johnsamuelmcelroy 7 років тому

Hope you're intending on doing some kind of review on the X-E3 and comparing it to the X-T20. Damn, was intent on an X-T20 but the X-E3 looks like a lot of value for the $ as well with all of the same innards but is obviously more like a rangefinder and also has a joystick. I"m going to wait a bit more to make up my mind on this and hope you will do a review. I respect your input on this and love your irreverent style -always good for a chuckle and guffaw!

• @hoorayforpentax3801
    @hoorayforpentax3801 6 років тому

The film camera-like controls on these cameras are the one thing that really make me wish they'd been around when I was getting into digital.

• @jacobtc
    @jacobtc 7 років тому

How about the build quality? I'm considering the X-T20 as a backup to my D3, and being used to a magnesium body, I would maybe be disappointed with rattling buttons and squishy dials... So how is the build quality compared to the X-T2?

• @jennifermedia6288
    @jennifermedia6288 7 років тому

took em a while to decide but basically xt20 is the better deal than the x100F. 4K tilt screen and touch screen and compact and option for additional lenses. Second camera to my xt2 and makes perfect sense with 27mm pancake for every day and and street camera.

• @nick2var
    @nick2var 7 років тому

Hello Ken! I am thinking of trying the Fuji system and the XT series (I have a x70 already but I miss the viewfinder sometimes). Is there much of a difference between the viewfinders of the XT2 and the XT20 as far as magnification is concerned?I am also wearing glasses. Could I have your thoughts about which would be more convenient? Thanks!!!

• @joepkoolen9000
    @joepkoolen9000 7 років тому

for professional use and mostly portraits,street,architecture and studio work, would you recommend the X-T20 or X-T2 ? ( Body only all ready got some lenses )

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  7 років тому +1

XT20 is just a baby XT2 really, .....id own one but ive got 2 XT2 already.... honesty id rather have the XT2 for the few advantages it has

• @leeeeni
    @leeeeni 6 років тому

Hey Ken,
    i´m about to buy a Fuji for adapting lenses, as my small setup. My first Camera is Nikon D800. I dont want to spend to much money, would you recommend a X-T20 or a X-T1 instead?

• @omararason8198
    @omararason8198 7 років тому

I've been selecting a new camera, based on yours and KR reviews (upgrading from a rebel xti!!), and ended up with the x-t20, 16-55, and just got the 35mm f2. So, here's my question: I'm actually a painter, rather than a photographer - I got the x-t20 as an all purpose/travel camera, but I likely have an additional 3k budget, and am considering a full frame DSLR for studio (painterly) work i.e. accurate art documentation, nude figurative source imagery, low-light, occasional portraiture and landscape/architecture... what would you recommend? D750 or 610 + prime lenses? or crop sensor? xt2 in order to share lenses with the x-t20? or just stick with the x-t20? (a donation will be forthcoming, for all the information that has been free so far!) Thanks!

• @garypate8957
    @garypate8957 5 років тому

God this man knows his cameras and lens and tells it hows it is amazing to watch his reviews thinking of getting this one my always loved fujifilm

• @brandonburridge
    @brandonburridge 6 років тому

What are your thoughts on using the XT-20 for weddings? Not sure I want to purchase another outdated Canon 6D as a backup camera.

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  6 років тому

everything get "outdated" KINDA...... D3, D4, XT2 will time timless until they CROAK
      the XT2 is IN THAT LEAGUE ....
      XT20 is just a "baby" XT2, made in the phillipines ive seen no indication from its interior construction to be inferior.

• @millertime6
    @millertime6 6 років тому

Would you still recommend this today as a travel camera or is there something better?

• @tc2703
      @tc2703 6 років тому

Scott Miller IMO, the XT20 is still an amazing option for a travel camera. It is the camera that is coming to Italy with me in August. I agree with having a prime for low-light/evenings and a zoom for the day.

• @muchagrande1687
    @muchagrande1687 7 років тому +1

I figured it was a great buy and was hoping for a review by you. Thanks!
    This will make for a great combination next to my D7200.

• @smkunder1
    @smkunder1 7 років тому

Ken, would you consider these X sensors as being a good candidate for landscape photography? I see many people are saying it is great. Your thoughts can this really keep up with FF?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

its not the sensor, rather the size of same , FX for landscapes if you can afford same.

• @otimoluk
      @otimoluk 7 років тому

Helpful advice which I think may get missed by a lot of us racing to get that X-T2, brilliant camera that it is. It's advice like that that makes me fine with not upgrading my X-T1 (X100F, that's another matter).

• @plasmadlite8661
    @plasmadlite8661 7 років тому

I plan on making the xt-20 my first camera and I can't help but be somewhat influenced by the reviewers who say it's got trouble focusing (hunting, as they say) or making it difficult to focus, even for stills. Do you find that true or is it down to the actual skills of the person behind it? It's quite an investment in this part of the world and I wouldn't want to regret it, though my heart is already set on it.

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  7 років тому

depends on the lens. and no it doesnt have focus issues.

• @plasmadlite8661
      @plasmadlite8661 7 років тому

Thank you so much, I'm really super grateful!

• @Skilled7105
    @Skilled7105 7 років тому

I'm confused and need your input sir. Would you prefer the X-T1 or the X-T20 now? They're priced similar and am on the fence on both. Thanks in advance

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

me? if NO budget, the the XT2 for sure ,..... no, theyre NOT priced similar

• @Skilled7105
      @Skilled7105 7 років тому

Theoria Apophasis thank you for your reply sir. But I have a budget of $1000 USD. I could purchase the XT1 for $800 and spend the rest on a lens, or purchase the XT20. What would you do in my situation sir?

• @coffeejn
    @coffeejn 7 років тому +1

Thank you for the comparison review. Could you list (write them down) the recommended lens for the fuji?
    Can you make a review with the X-T2 and a Tokina 100mm (nikon) for macro with focus peaking?
    The only negative of both cameras is the battery life. The X-T2 can be "fixed" with a grip plus 2 extra battery which sets you back quiet a bit (the grip does not come with the batteries which are ~90-100 each). I just hope the next generation fixes that issue.
    Now can you jump down a cliff, I dropped my spare battery down there and I need someone to fetch it. ;)

• @coffeejn
      @coffeejn 7 років тому

When you factor in the cost of the grip and 2 watson batteries (off brand) at ~340 usd (455 CND) @ B&H plus applicable taxes, that is ~21% extra cost to a x-t2 body only, just so you can have ~1,050 shots instead of 350 along with burst mode (assuming you need it and you ignore the added weight/size). Most decent Nikon already do ~1k per battery.
      Considering I am looking at getting only the kit lens (f2.8-4.0 is really interesting) and using adapter for my other Nikon lenses, the X-T20 would save me about 1k CND. Now I have to figure if X-T2 is worth the extra 1k for me (or my use). I need to see them both in store. The compact nature of the X-T20 is really attractive for my use and having a camera which I can carry around while travelling for work is really appealing to me (I am not a pro-photographer, my work requires me to travel).

• @otimoluk
      @otimoluk 7 років тому

Can't speak for the other models, but the X-T1 is extremely well designed and useful when it comes to taking pictures, no "fake-retro aesthetics" there. With Iridient Developer, the images are quite fantastic as well.

• @hamzaqayyum3621
    @hamzaqayyum3621 7 років тому

Hi, I want your opinion on what to buy X-T1 or X-T20? because both are in same price range these days. I mostly shoot landscapes and portraits. thanks in advance. I am moving from nikon D5200 to fuji

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

better cropability on the 24MP sensor and tighter small point AF (for eyes) , if i had nothing, id get the XT20

• @tedp9945
    @tedp9945 7 років тому +1

Xt20 looks really nice. Price point might make me switch to Fuji. Just seems like such a big downgrade from the d500 though

• @bh9262
    @bh9262 7 років тому

Is it the lack of a joystick on the Xt20 that keeps you from getting it? The XT2 also has weatherproofing.

• @JustusWeiss
    @JustusWeiss 7 років тому

Thank you for the great review :) I think ill get the xt20 as a camera that i'll always have with me. I guess the 27mm f2.8 as a small lens for traveling is a good choice but I want a fast manuell portrait prime too. Wich one would you recommend ? I think the Rokkor 58mm f 1/1.2 has some beautiful characteristics but you said so many great thinks about the Voigtländer 58mm f1/1.4... ore are there any great M mount options (would be a smaler adapter) around 500€ ?

• @JustusWeiss

Thank you for your answer :) A bit of chromatic aberration doesn't bother me that much but unfortunately I didn't have the chance yet to test some manual primes on the Fuji...
      Do you have any lens suggestions ? The lens should have a nice but characteristic bokeh and good mikro contrast, corner sharpens and vignetting shot wide open don't bother me that much als long as the center is sharp.

• @JustusWeiss

Ok I think I would have to test it but thank you for the info :)

• @NigelHarperPhoto
    @NigelHarperPhoto 5 років тому

Love your Vids man, especially as I've just got an XT20! Keep em coming!

• @wenyulian9584
    @wenyulian9584 7 років тому

How is the xt20 LCD compare to xt2? Is it usable under sunlight?

• @felope9942
    @felope9942 7 років тому +1

the d750 is on sale right now for 1500 body only which should I get I only take family portraits and some street photography does this camera have the same amazing color tones and picture quality from the xt2 I saw some samples of xt2 pics and they are amazing

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  7 років тому +2

the output for portraiture on the D750 is divine, however id rather buy a grey market D810 for $1800

• @felope9942
      @felope9942 7 років тому +1

so I take it the d750 is better for portraits than the xt20.. the d810 is too big and heavy I rather not open up that can of worms thanks I have the d610 right now auto focus on it is the only thing I hate on it everything else is awesome.

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

BETTER than XT20 for portraiture...? oh hellll yes. ...... :)

• @felope9942
      @felope9942 7 років тому

Theoria Apophasis would you recommend the 24-120mm f4 it comes with or the 28-300mm f 3.5 -5.6

• @dakzer55
    @dakzer55 7 років тому

Hi, this is from Fujifilm website "4K (3840x2160) 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 100Mbps Continuous recording : up to approx. 10 min. Full HD (1920x1080) 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 36Mbps Continuous recording : up to approx. 15 min.". So are you saying X-T20 4K is not 100Mbps?

• @liepol
    @liepol 7 років тому

Hi there ! Do you recommend upgrade from xt1 to xt20?
    Thanks

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

thats a huge leap...... i never tell anyone to sell their stuff however, thats an ethical problem......cant you test drive teh XT20?

• @tedtedsen269
    @tedtedsen269 7 років тому

Hai Theoria there is something I can not figure out on my xt20 is it possible to create a new catalog in the camera for each lens instead of all the pictures being like a soup in the same directory is is frustrating for an old nikon using the manual does not say anything about this

• @jaskaransingh3834
    @jaskaransingh3834 7 років тому

Hi. I own xt2 and looking for a 2nd body. What would recommend x pro2 or xt20.

• @phaergus
    @phaergus 7 років тому

I've read that the evf is a tad small for those who wear glasses. Has anyone had that issue compared to a t1 or t2? Trying to decide on the t20 or t1 for nearly the same price new right now with 18-55 kit. The only issue is I wear glasses.

• @jeroenmeijer19
    @jeroenmeijer19 6 років тому

Bought two weeks ago one, and Yes its amazing !! I love, love, love it !

• @cameraman5764
    @cameraman5764 7 років тому

I am looking at getting this as a every day normal/travel camera, want to sell my 60D + lenses because i have a disability it is getting quite heavy to lug around. Was also thinking of getting the FUJINON XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 lens is the lens good enough or would you recommend a different lens?

• @raygeary1698
    @raygeary1698 7 років тому

Hi. Needs touch on the Q menu perhaps in future firmware upgrade like Fuji do brilliantly

• @rflc92
    @rflc92 7 років тому +2

I'm available to change my X-T10 for a X-T20 or X-T2. If anyone is stupid enough to make this swap happen, let me know. (worth the shot..)

• @fabiansans4085
    @fabiansans4085 7 років тому

hi Angry!! a simple question, D800 or D800e, for editorial, studio and portraits.?? only a few bucks of diference between both. thanks

• @thinkinginpictures4071
    @thinkinginpictures4071 7 років тому +1

At 5:40 folks. The decisive moment in which angry gives some praise to Sony. Mark this down. It shall go down into the annals of history!!!
    Plus, just in case you ever end up on Jeopardy. You never know.

• @altofame
    @altofame 7 років тому +1

I have an X-T2 and a few lens, but not the 23mm f2. As a second body to my camera bag, I cannot decide between the X-T20 and the X100F. Would like to hear your take on this.

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  7 років тому +6

if you have the XT2 already, i wouldnt get the XT20 ,rather the X100F , both are complimentary, the XT20 would just be a copy of what you got really

• @andyhui01
      @andyhui01 7 років тому

Theoria Apophasis this may sound stupid but if I got a xt20 with the 23mm f2 would it still be very different to the x100f?

• @paulv8453
      @paulv8453 6 років тому

andyhui01 I've read that the xf23f2 is better than the fixed lens on the x100t & x100f.

• @ScottAlanFreestylePhotography
    @ScottAlanFreestylePhotography 7 років тому

hypothetical scenario... If someone was shooting a little league baseball game with the xt2 and the xt 20 as a back up, if the XT2 stopped working, would the xt20 get the job done?

• @msamiullah001
    @msamiullah001 7 років тому +3

92 "%" out of 100 :D, %age means out of 100 :P, too much caffine Ken, love your videos, Awesome stuff

• @uishiuishi
    @uishiuishi 6 років тому

Hi Ken, on the xt20 there's an option called Shutter AE, which I need to keep OFF for AFC, so that during burst in AFC the camera calculate the exposure before each shot ... but i'd like to have ON in AFS and single shot, so that the exposure is locked toghether with focus when i recompose my image ... do you know if there is any shortcut to have quick access to this option, instead of digging into the menu each time? Thanks

• @dmt99vn
    @dmt99vn 7 років тому

Hi Ken, If the XT-1 is 500$ used , would you still recommend on the XT-20 ?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

that depends...what U gonna do? XT20 is faster AF, better image output and few other things... for general use, the XT1 as an entry camera .....

• @dmt99vn
      @dmt99vn 7 років тому

i using D700 for photo shoot, i use XT-1 for general use and shoot video clip

• @dmt99vn
      @dmt99vn 7 років тому

i wonder if XT-20 has the same high iso performance of the XT-2. I just bought XT-20 today, im getting used to it

• @ryanstark2350
    @ryanstark2350 7 років тому

I didn't even know this existed. Fuji is taking on Sony here. I may be moving to Fuji in future but probably the XT2. I can only see two possible downsides with Fuji. One is obviously that should I decide to want full frame, Fuji doesn't do one. The other possible issue is whether in body stabilisation is useful enough and these Fujis won't be getting that due to the mount design. I don't find this needed for stills but for video it might be very useful. However, I think possibly stabilising the camera properly in other ways might be perfectly adequite.

• @jackmoore5291
    @jackmoore5291 7 років тому +10

17:47 - "you date the cameras, but marry the glass" :D. that is true - I married Canon way back... but as of last 3-5 years - she become a married old nagging biatch to me - and there is zero to none reasons to take it to date any more... I want to divorce ... look at that new 5D mark IV (the top of the line body from 2017 for next 4 years) - just a little better than 5D mark II from 2008

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

true true ...... heheheehehe old bitch ROFL ......shes got a pair of SAGGYS and granny diapers? :)

• @emmanuelandal3758
    @emmanuelandal3758 5 років тому

should i buy a xt20 with the 18-55 or a a xt2 with a battery grip no lens? I'm planning on adapting nikon lenses to it mostly. roughly about the same price? please help can't decide

• @JJ-vp3bd
      @JJ-vp3bd 5 років тому

which did you get

• @yttean98
    @yttean98 7 років тому

I thought it is interesting to note you took 20min to review the X-T20, and Gordon Liang just released his video it took him over 1hr to review the same camera. I wonder what's new about this camera in his video which hasn't been covered here.
    I believe a video review about camera shouldn't really be more than 30min, it is sufficient to cover most to the features/pros/cons about a camera really.

• @Admeralsarms
    @Admeralsarms 7 років тому +1

so the image quality is the same between xt2 and xt20?

• @MyVault
    @MyVault 4 роки тому

Xt20 or a6400 for both still & motion??

• @EDHBlvd
    @EDHBlvd 7 років тому

The X70 was the first touchscreen Fuji. So no, the X-T20 is not the only touchscreen X-Series camera.

• @rossalmeida1156
    @rossalmeida1156 7 років тому

Hi
    I have Nikon d7000 with sigma 18-35
    I usually do indoor events however cos of my shoulder injury I want a lite camera can I go for xt20 with kit lens n a prime lens with a grip n a extra battery to indoor events
    Is it better n have the same IQ of xt2

• @timnoble4137
    @timnoble4137 5 років тому

Why own 2 cameras of the exact same model? Lenses are interchangeable between different models, so why 2 bodies? Not a criticism, just curious.

• @dazsly
    @dazsly 3 роки тому

Just bought this brand new for £350 as a second camera to my D750.

• @KenCheng
    @KenCheng 7 років тому

you mentioned a few times about the EVF being one of the downsides... so, the time you spent with the X-T20, did you ever think to yourself... "damn... if only the EVF was better..." ?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

EVF downside on what?

• @KenCheng
      @KenCheng 7 років тому +1

well, you listed things like the lack of joystick and I think two other things, and the EVF wasn't as big(?) or not on par with the X-T2? At least that's what I gathered

• @KenCheng
      @KenCheng 7 років тому

in other words, you said at least twice that if it had a joystick, you'd actually buy one (on top of already owning all the XT1s and XT2s), but was the EVF being not as good as the XT2 ever something that bothered you enough to be one of the factors?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

ahh yes my error , late night

• @KenCheng
      @KenCheng 7 років тому

for me, the lack of joystick isn't really a factor... I mean, it would be nice to have one, but not a deal breaker, but the EVF might... I guess I'll just have to get a hold of one and play with it

• @towfiq2010
    @towfiq2010 7 років тому

Hi. Xt20 does not have weather sealing. is it a problem for nature and landscape photographer ?

• @GloomGaiGar
      @GloomGaiGar 7 років тому +1

as long as you don't spend hours in pouring rain then no, just wrap it in plastic

• @AlexanderGoroshilov
    @AlexanderGoroshilov 7 років тому +5

Dude, your russian is really impressive!

• @Alertthememory
    @Alertthememory 7 років тому

Coming from XT1, should i upgrade to XT2 or XT-20?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

for what use and budget

• @Alertthememory
      @Alertthememory 7 років тому

Theoria Apophasis thanks for replying ken, mostly for travels and mountains. Budget is intended for xt2 but im considering xt-20 + extra lenses.

• @RomanCanas
    @RomanCanas 7 років тому

Is the focus tracking in the XT20 as fast as the XT2 ?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis
      @KenTheoriaApophasis  7 років тому +2

in some cases faster

• @RomanCanas
      @RomanCanas 7 років тому

Theoria Apophasis thanks Ken, another question, is there any blackout in the EVF while shooting in burst mode in the xt20? As good as the xt2?

• @haiderabbas96
    @haiderabbas96 7 років тому

What about the dynamic range. Is it same in both the XT2 and XT20?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

same engine and output... diff AF processing capabilities however

• @haiderabbas96
      @haiderabbas96 7 років тому

Thanks. 18-55 is for $300 more as part of kit, seems like you highly recommend that kit.

• @seamuswarren
    @seamuswarren 7 років тому +1

Yeah, XT20 looks like a nice entry into the Fujifilm system.
    Body same size as RX100? Wow, with a bigger sensor than the RX100 and can use faster lenses.

• @jaskaransingh3834
    @jaskaransingh3834 7 років тому

How does this compare as a business trip travel camera with x100f?

• @FeebleBeast
    @FeebleBeast 7 років тому

is the slower VF refresh rate noticeable in xt20?

• @Rajj854
    @Rajj854 7 років тому

For street photography, how does the xt20 stack against the x100f?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

cough, leaf shutter...... the X100f is "THE" street camera for many reasons , its silence, etc.
      not that the XT20 cant make a great street camera

• @Rajj854
      @Rajj854 7 років тому

Theoria Apophasis Picked it up. Its a beaut😊thanks

• @chirag4
    @chirag4 7 років тому +2

Apple Watch looks smart on you, Nice.
    There's a Typo error in the Title of the Video, it should've been X-T10 instead of X-T20 twice.

• @jrlonestar
    @jrlonestar 7 років тому +1

HEY.. LOVE THIS CAMERA I AM A MUSICIAN LOW LIGHT VIDEO AND STILLS AND MY FIRST DSLR LOVE FUJI DONT HAVE A LOT OF CASH NEED YOUR RECC... THX ... IF I BUY IT WHAT LENS KIT OR SOMETHING ELSE THX JOE

• @1cookgs
    @1cookgs 7 років тому +2

Thanks Ken. Great review.

• @Acid113377
    @Acid113377 7 років тому

one day earlier you made a video where you recommend getting a used X-T1 instead of a X-T20... hmm... what to believe?

• @Devopsmasood
    @Devopsmasood 6 років тому

Anybody hitting the four way button at the back by mistake! Every time I pick this camera up that’s the first thing the bottom of my thumb does! :-(. My XE2 feels much better in my hand.

• @tc2703
      @tc2703 6 років тому

Asif Masood You can add a grip or thumb rest. I actually tried a metal grip and then found the Fuji half leather case on eBay for under $20 from KEH Outlet.. it arrived and looks new! It definitely adds a good grip to the camera.

• @Nimargb
    @Nimargb 7 років тому

So, I'm confused as F! This would be my first legit camera between X-T20 and X-T2 and after all your videos, this one is telling me to go for the X-T20 instead! however, isn't this the fact that X-T2 would be the better investment? Japanese, magnesium etc? can you PLEASE say something so that I can rest in peace?

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

better investment, yes....if youre trying to save money and get more glass, the XT20 is the wiser choice...if money is no concern, id NOT get the XT20 rather the XT2

• @jennifermedia6288
    @jennifermedia6288 7 років тому

could you do a comparison on the X-T20 and the X100F??

• @astronomerathome
    @astronomerathome 7 років тому

Can the X-T20 be used with a power bank while shooting (timelapse)? Some say yes, some say no, and Fuji says nothing :p

• @daphnedh9086
      @daphnedh9086 7 років тому

no it can't. At least mine doesn't charge while being turned on. It does charge by USB when turned off. So it should be possible with seperate shutter i guess.

• @paddyola1
    @paddyola1 7 років тому +2

Great channel Ken, been watching lots, I bought an xt-1 (for £370!) 3 months ago on your recommendation.. I adapted various lenses, so only ever shot manual...unfortunately coming back on a sunday afternoon a couple of weeks ago, I was mugged/beaten by some idiots that would have a hard time using or selling the camera. the xt-20 really appeals to me...however..I mainly shoot macro to be honest,so I'm thinking I'd like fullframe...so I dont really think I need the fps of many of these cameras...admittedly I'm a bit scared of going out loacally..or indeed smashing the skulls of cunts with a tripod if trying the same again. ;)

• @KenTheoriaApophasis

what the FUK???? :( well for macro, DX is better for cropping and use...... did you have insurance on your gears?

• @paddyola1
      @paddyola1 7 років тому +1

unfortunately no insurance, the lenses were fairly cheap but good types. well I've learned even on a sunny Glasgow afternoon the scum will still target a delicate flower and beastie photographer lol. I do generally want an all round camera I suppose...of course will insure this time!!!

• @gnarl12
    @gnarl12 6 років тому +1

Just saw this review, great analysis.