Mystical Marrakech | Street Photography with Zack Arias and the X-T1

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 18 тра 2014
  • Zack Arias spent three days in Marrakech, Morocco with the FujiFilm X-T1 and shared a few tips and tricks on getting the best out of your camera for street photography.
    All still images are from the FujiFilm X-T1 using the following lenses: The new 10-24mm, 27mm F2.8 Pancake lens, the 23mm F1.4 lens.
    Filmed, Edited & Produced by Harun Yasin Tuna
    Music by the excellent Maalam Driss Gnaoui and L'hiba (Qanoun Player)
    Special Thanks to:
    Youssef Ait Bouskri (see his work here: youssefaitbouskri.com/)
    Riad Kniza
    Hammouda
    Gulf Photo Plus
    Learn more here:
    Zack Arias: beam.zackarias.com/
    FujiFilm Middle East: www.fujifilm-mea.com/en/
    Check out Zack's new DEDPXL website: dedpxl.com/
  • Фільми й анімація

КОМЕНТАРІ • 220

• @kleemyberlin6444
    @kleemyberlin6444 10 років тому +1

Simply stunning. My wife Steffi and me spent our honeymoon in Morocco. That´s 17 years ago. This awesome video and your photos brought back so much memories. Thank you so much, Zack Arias!

• @tchin2020
    @tchin2020 4 роки тому +2

I remember when I was in Marrakesh, the concierge said stay within the main square in the Medina, don't walk off into the street and alleys, and it appears that's where you were walking. There were so many interesting colors and people to photograph off into the streets and alleyways, where you see the street crafts being made...after covid-19, I'm going back to Morocco...wonderful country

• @IsThatYouSimon
      @IsThatYouSimon 3 місяці тому

Why did he say to not walk off into the street and alleys ?

• @crazycurtis28
    @crazycurtis28 9 років тому +8

I love this video! I keep coming back to watch it and never get bored. It helps that Zack Arias is my favourite photographer!

• @zachwong7324
    @zachwong7324 9 років тому +17

LOL the guy at 1:10 on the left side is looking for what Zack is looking for and is like "WTF"

• @thierrybresillon3955
      @thierrybresillon3955 9 років тому +2

The guy is his partner !

• @zachwong7324
      @zachwong7324 9 років тому

Thierry Brésillon No no the guy in the green shirt not the guy in the purple shirt!

• @cameraman655
      @cameraman655 5 років тому

@Nyana11 Na....he's thinking.....Infedel, must die, Allah Akbar!

• @jonasbg
    @jonasbg 10 років тому

Arias is THE ambassador for Fuji. Very inspirational photos, and it's great how he walks us through his thought for each photo.

• @paoloa6703
    @paoloa6703 4 роки тому

Zack is a legend...I always learn something new every single time I watch him.

• @hamstersniffer
    @hamstersniffer 8 років тому

I am humbled by Zack's eye for composition and conveying a feel for place and time. His camera is a magic carpet.

• @draftsman3383
    @draftsman3383 4 роки тому +2

Awesome photos. We are in 2019 and the X-T1 is still a capable camera to me.

• @D_H_88_99
    @D_H_88_99 5 років тому

The first few minutes are absolutely golden.

• @storiedenous
    @storiedenous 2 роки тому

Zack, you are legend. I am following you since OneLight DVD.

• @GenVirtu
    @GenVirtu 10 років тому

That was amazing. The stills he captured were fantastic. So enchanting and exotic. Well done Zack.

• @SalemaPsy
    @SalemaPsy 9 років тому +3

That photo at 9:00! Just great picture!

• @Deutsche_Heimat
    @Deutsche_Heimat 9 років тому +4

Awesome Location and pictures!!! Very beautiful!!!

• @Rhienck
    @Rhienck 9 років тому

Thanks Zack for another video to inspire us. We admire your work.

• @adobestores1
    @adobestores1 10 років тому

This is the "Best" photography how-to video on UA-cam, without a exception.

• @weisiong87
    @weisiong87 10 років тому

another great insight to Zack Arias's work and of course the great X series!

• @andyenmitubo
    @andyenmitubo 7 років тому +1

Great video Zack!! What a pleasure to see what a real photographer can do with this system... very tempted to give it a go..

• @mayrocks30
    @mayrocks30 8 років тому

Awesome video. Absolutely loved it

• @ClumsyDragon3
    @ClumsyDragon3 8 років тому

Excellent inspiring video Zack - just love your photos! Thanks!

• @AlexUlleri
    @AlexUlleri 10 років тому +3

Well done Zack and film crew.

• @miropribanic5581
    @miropribanic5581 6 років тому

I love how on these Fuji videos there is a very interesting dialogue between two media and art forms, moving pictures (i.e. film) vs. still pictures (photography). Quite unique, and it seems that Zack's photos are the condensed version of what we saw before in video idiom.

• @ianturnedge5167
    @ianturnedge5167 10 років тому

Another inspiring video with Mr. Arias? Thanks very much. Good tips, and some great images: those flash portraits are very nice indeed.

• @AidenD184
    @AidenD184 8 років тому

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

• @GreccoPompeo
    @GreccoPompeo 8 років тому

Amazing tips, amazing place. I just bought my fuji x-t1 and can't wait to try it!

• @bonjour6892
    @bonjour6892 8 років тому

GREAT Zack...Thank you for sharing!!

• @mjfalcon007
    @mjfalcon007 10 років тому

Very nice video and as always fantastic photography. Love your work. Thank you for sharing.

• @ThirdEye105
    @ThirdEye105 9 років тому

Really beautiful shots!

• @jeffgaboury3157
    @jeffgaboury3157 9 років тому +1

Amazing images and a very compelling video. Thank you!

• @notorioushsg1
    @notorioushsg1 10 років тому

Just brilliantly done!... It wasn't a shameless promotion of product. It was a perfect balance of travel photography with actual thought processes a photographer should go through to capture a moment.
    This is how products should be marketed... in actual practice.

• @lalnallath
    @lalnallath 10 років тому

Zack you are just amazing...inspiring me every video i see of yours....

• @ricoh.laurel7130
    @ricoh.laurel7130 10 років тому

Great video, impressed with the XT1, and great photography! Thanks!

• @bvista58
    @bvista58 4 роки тому

great video and fantastic imagery

• @leonche64
    @leonche64 10 років тому

This was so inspiring! Great job!

• @maggyfish
    @maggyfish 8 років тому

Simply amazing thank you loved this Zak

• @perryvalton4245
    @perryvalton4245 3 роки тому

Beautiful experience

• @tatrama
    @tatrama 9 років тому +1

absolutely stunning ! I loved it so much ! keep it coming pliz !

• @inquisitvem6723
      @inquisitvem6723 9 років тому

yavuz pancareken i agree...heard it has problems focusing in low light though...lots of hunting

• @katiakatiakat
    @katiakatiakat 7 років тому

I love this!

• @ktor538
    @ktor538 9 років тому

Awesome shots in this lived it

• @stfanciscainta
    @stfanciscainta 10 років тому

Both the photography and videography of this tutorial is great.

• @newiewolf
    @newiewolf 8 років тому

Bloody amazing street photography. Good on you.

• @tede
    @tede 10 років тому

What a valuable lesson. Thank you for sharing the knowledge and the trip. :)

• @Sufibooks
    @Sufibooks 10 років тому

Great as usual Zack

• @adventuresineurope
    @adventuresineurope 10 років тому

Nice video, good info and some really nice shots of Morocco! Super Interesting Video... Excellent work!

• @nowaccki
    @nowaccki 9 років тому

your pictures are stunning!

• @danielbatts9386
    @danielbatts9386 9 років тому

I'm currently making the jump from DSLR to mirrorless, mostly because of my age and the weight of carrying around heavy equipment is something I can't do anymore. I've been leaning mostly towards the XT-1 but was still undecided...until I watched this video. Your shots are amazing, not only from image quality but composition and creativity. The video shows what is possible with the XT-1. I'm an American now living in the Philippines, so I can really appreciate your comments on seeing the world.

• @michaelhawkins1173
    @michaelhawkins1173 3 роки тому +1

Hi I was reminded to one of your images of a shaft of light tracking down onto a man, that made for such a strong image. That style and look of image, is being played out in a new music video. Your art inspires others Zack. Terrific.

• @davej.sherwood9848
    @davej.sherwood9848 8 років тому

I've watched A LOT of videos covering the X-T whilst I decide if I want to purchase the camera or not. Loved this video, loved the images. I've just got the X-T1 and can't wait to travel with it.

• @sajidexplore1
    @sajidexplore1 4 роки тому +1

Awesome video 😍

• @markcunningham8788
    @markcunningham8788 9 років тому +1

An awesome video Zach, thanks so much for this... just gotten me more excited to move into street photography and about my new x-t1 arriving in a few days :)
    I wish you had mentioned which lens and flash config you had used when you did as a helpful guide but still, amazing work.

• @StudioOfBugs
    @StudioOfBugs 10 років тому

I loved this video, beautiful place!

• @oliverbaerphotographer3844
    @oliverbaerphotographer3844 10 років тому

Stunning!

• @fxdaly
    @fxdaly 10 років тому

Great video Zack, I really enjoyed it.

• @WorkflowBeats
    @WorkflowBeats 9 років тому

This video made me get the X-T1. And I don't regret it!

• @TenisDimants
    @TenisDimants 10 років тому

Awesome advice for all the traveling photographers by Zack Arias :)

• @sasatrifunovski8147
    @sasatrifunovski8147 10 років тому

Highly impressive usage of light - most creative and inspirational...Love and follow Zacks work. Do carry on kind sir :)

• @lafite1964
    @lafite1964 7 років тому

amazing place to go visit

• @paulhills1967
    @paulhills1967 8 років тому

Fascinating

• @jennifermoreland9763
    @jennifermoreland9763 9 років тому

Nice video! Ty for sharing your knowledge. ✌️😘

• @lupo0144
    @lupo0144 8 років тому +1

Hey Zack..... Love the video..... I'm on the verge of changing from the Sony a6000 to the XT-1. Love the range of lenses you can choose from.... Image quality looks brilliant

• @edwin_ac
    @edwin_ac 8 років тому

Nice video Zack. It's just like actually getting to Marrakech

• @mttprk
    @mttprk 10 років тому

This was really entertaining and informative. Should do more in other cool places!

• @maithamrush
    @maithamrush 6 років тому

Nice trip you taking us through and very helpful tips for street photography
    For the flash trigger is x cameras accept canon hot shoe with manual control
    Thanks

• @lostinspacestudio
    @lostinspacestudio 8 років тому

very sneaky! love your stealth style...

• @checkaneh
    @checkaneh 9 років тому

Great advice about Instax. I noticed when I take pictures of people they are really keen to see what the pictures look like. And about tip #1, I find being honest about wanting to take someone's picture makes me more comfortable taking the picture and allows me more time to observe what the subject is doing.

• @kosmidts
    @kosmidts 9 років тому

So nice and the best test of the XT1 yet!! Please post the used lenses. Thanks!

• @HyperfocalFl
    @HyperfocalFl Рік тому +1

Where is zack these days? I miss his content!

• @photomusicman9413
    @photomusicman9413 9 років тому

I now have an X-T1 and I am totally in love with it! I really like this video - what film simulation do you use please? Thank you Zack.

• @gurhanpekuz1813
    @gurhanpekuz1813 8 місяців тому

Great shuts !

• @Retiree2011
    @Retiree2011 10 років тому

Thank you Zack for the tips on street photography. Do you mind telling us what flash setup you were using? Thanks!

• @rolandherrera506
    @rolandherrera506 9 років тому

Genius!

• @theheftyhiker847
    @theheftyhiker847 9 років тому

Awesome video could you kindly tell me what flash you were using and transmitter? Atb

• @norsmart75
    @norsmart75 4 роки тому

Very nice

• @cformont
    @cformont 9 років тому

Great video, thanks for doing this. I was just looking for some off camera flash options for the XT1 and I remembered this video, i know it doesn't do TTL, anyone make any recommendations? What was used in this video?

• @marksikun
    @marksikun 9 років тому +3

Fuji x-t1 promo documentary shot on Canon C100.

• @Grant_Ferstat
    @Grant_Ferstat 10 років тому

Love Zack...and I'd love and X-T1. For now though until the budget allows it'll be my little X20.

• @DavidSmith-cl6vx
    @DavidSmith-cl6vx 10 років тому

Loved this video, I now want to visit Marrakech :-)
    Anyone know what bag +Zack Arias was using (looked like a restrospective), and the camera strap didn't look standard.

• @yaronharel8463
    @yaronharel8463 10 років тому

Great presentation!!! Which lenses you've been using in this presentation?

• @iainmacdonald8499
    @iainmacdonald8499 7 років тому

Hey Zack, I loved your Atlas Mountains video and the work going on there. I'm going to India in November, taking my D610 because I love it but also a mirrorless. A6300 not doing it for me, so want to change. Not sure how to choose between X-Pro2 and X-T2. Any suggestions?

• @bray4940
    @bray4940 9 років тому

Thank you so much Zack.. Great Shots!! Question,which flash triggers and flash are you using? I apologize if I missed it in a message below somewhere..

• @christophercollins3890
    @christophercollins3890 9 років тому

What a great life.

• @gbrldz
    @gbrldz 10 років тому

Just saw the archway in this video in the iPad Air commercial. I knew it looked familiar!

• @xtareq
    @xtareq 10 років тому +1

Well done, great video. For the record the song at the end is not from Morocco it is from Saudi Arabia :)

• @lordoftheflings
    @lordoftheflings 9 років тому

The X-t1 will be an even more amazing street camera once fuji releases the next firmware update giving it the completely silent electronic shutter with speeds up to 1/32000th of a sec. That combined with the flip screen and the weather resistance, remote operation, and small size will make this the best low-key street camera we have ever seen.

• @xiaoahphyo2920
    @xiaoahphyo2920 8 років тому

tip number 1...awesome :DD

• @NickFranchi
    @NickFranchi 10 років тому +1

Great video, loved it, beautiful pictures as well. I have an Instax and people chew that shit right up they LOVE it. Nothing beats the real deal. What flash setup are you running, this is exactly what I want but am confused what to get, want some wireless like you running. please help!

• @dominich.3607
    @dominich.3607 9 років тому

Urgent: Where can i get that great music? Any advices? A great addition to an inspiring video! Very cool, Zack Arias!

• @costiniucmircea
    @costiniucmircea 10 років тому

Nice video

• @davidhuynh2253
    @davidhuynh2253 9 років тому

Hey Zack,
    Big fan. Question. How would I go about hiring a local to guide me through the city?
    Thanks for your help!

• @gaagail
    @gaagail 10 років тому

Hi just now I saw your tub , I am trying to connect my cam but just now I knew ,,,,thanks

• @MrTHABH
    @MrTHABH 7 років тому

I always find Morocco an amazing place to photograph, I hope to visit it one day
    The song at the end of the video for a Saudi singer called Abadi Al-Johar*

• @RS-Amsterdam
    @RS-Amsterdam 8 років тому

Zack, beware, the worst are snakes on mopeds.
    Funny vid, really liked it.
    Thanks for sharing

• @Angelchildxx
    @Angelchildxx 10 років тому

Nice! Thanks! To me Fuji is the new Apple.

• @scotie690
    @scotie690 9 років тому

I watched this video a couple of times, to inspire me and dream about going there some day.
    Love the Fuji brand and I hope they lunch a Full Frame body and lenses very soon. The I will switch to this great camera manufacturer.
    I'm looking forward also to see more videos like this! Happy shooting to all of you. :)

• @scotie690
      @scotie690 9 років тому

You certainly have a point! I guess I´m not waiting that long. Do you use this gear intensively, Si Knight?

• @scotie690
      @scotie690 9 років тому

Si Knight I shoot a gripped Canon 6d with the holy trinity (17-40/24-105/70-200) and two primes 14 mm and 50 mm. Love the final output, specially in low light situations (milky way for instance). But all this plus the tripod is always too heavy and bulky. I do landscape mostly.
      I read about Fuji is about to present a bigger sensor. So let´s wait and see what´s coming on...
      And of course I´m a Arias fan. When possible Morocco is gonna a be our destination.

• @BarryTheElephant
    @BarryTheElephant 10 років тому +11

Having taken photos in over 75 countries, Morocco, despite being a breathtakingly beautiful and fascinating country, is the most horrible place to pull out your camera for candid photography. The locals are extremely jaded to tourists and even shooting from the hip in small towns can draw numerous people approach with a demand for money, let alone the nightmare of Marrakech's main square.
    Zack seems to have captured some great images, it's a shame he didn't mention how generous he inevitably was tipping, on top of the expense of hiring a local guide (who typically will also try and fleece you) . My advice is to think twice if you reckon taking photos there will be a walk in the park.

• @GilGarber
      @GilGarber 10 років тому +4

Check out his blog post on instax:
      dedpxl.com/fuji-instax-a-75-cent-door-opener/
      Basically he says he was paying $3-5 until he realized he could better engage people by giving them instax photos of themselves (which is also cheaper).

• @tonys1587
      @tonys1587 6 років тому

What countries would you say have been best for candid photography?

• @phillipgoldsworthy8531
      @phillipgoldsworthy8531 3 роки тому

I agree I spent 2 days there beginning of the year and found it pretty difficult compared to other countries for sure. You think you're being clever shooting from the hip etc but they know exactly what you're doing and def want cash. Got some great captures but was far from easy 🙏

• @sasatrifunovski
    @sasatrifunovski 9 років тому

Zack Arias is that a ThinkTank Retrospective you are carrying? What version? How do you like it? Is there a chance we get a short review on dedpxl blog?
    BTW - I want that camera soooo badly....Alongside 14mm and 56mm. Would be perfect with my x100

• @theflaviosoul
    @theflaviosoul 7 років тому

man, you are supper funny! Thanks for the hints too.

• @AnimeStudioMotion
    @AnimeStudioMotion 10 років тому

great video love all the images but 09:00 is one my favorite shot by zach

• @yaronharel8463
    @yaronharel8463 6 років тому

I have stoped counting how many times I have watched this 😃
    It's simply awesome. So inspiring. Thank you very very much Zack.

• @paulhanson6008
    @paulhanson6008 8 років тому

Nice

• @hdpebag4942
    @hdpebag4942 9 років тому

geeenius