Stripping a Pierburg 2E3 Carb for Rebuild VW T25 / T3

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 1 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 38

• @bowieschiffers
    @bowieschiffers 2 роки тому +1

I hope you can answer a question for me. Is this similar to a Pierburg 2e3 for a Volkswagen Golf MK2 from 1984? It has a 1.3 petrol engine in it. Planning on taking the carb from the car and get a rebuild kit for it. Waiting for a responce!

• @JamesAkers
      @JamesAkers  2 роки тому

Hi Bowie, yes it should be mostly the same. Take a look at the resources on my website as they include information on the different models: vwt25.blog/2016/09/15/pierburg-2e3-rebuild-and-adjustments/

• @johncarroll9528
    @johncarroll9528 6 років тому +4

thank you , what a brilliant video

• @jf5460
    @jf5460 4 роки тому +1

To remove the idle cut off valve theres a special tool which grips the two hubbles on the housing of the valve,
    if you use a plier you will destroy the valve. You can build this tool by slicing a thick walled pipe and weld a nut on the end. Brilliant video.

• @95Jester
    @95Jester 7 років тому +1

Hi! Thanks for the video, i'm gonna watch over! I have a Golf Mk2 1.3 litre, with Pierburg 2e3 carb. Yesterday i went to a small ride, and after 4-5km the the idle is become high (ca. 3000rpm). The choke system is working properly, and the 1st stage butterfly valve isn't blocked. (thought someting fell in and blocked the flap half way) What can cause this idle high-revving? I also checked the float level, it's ok too... Thanks for the answer!

• @JamesAkers
      @JamesAkers  7 років тому

Hi Hunter, watch this video: ua-cam.com/video/tKz99bD2KJo/v-deo.html
      It's probably the waxstat causing you problems.

• @95Jester
      @95Jester 7 років тому

Hi! Thanks! Mine doesn't have waxstat, but it has a TTV valve (thermo time valve), which connected to the pulldown with a vacuum hose. The valve have also an electronic connector. I saw a picture in the Hungarian Kadett club, that mentioned, the TTV enriches the mixture at cold idling. Btw. cold start is fine even in -10°c

• @JamesAkers

It could be quite a few things: too much air getting in weakening the mixture (air leak) / The second stage butterfly valve may be jamming open because the lever is damaged/mis-adjusted (so check that) / the throttle cable is getting stuck.

• @95Jester
      @95Jester 7 років тому +1

+James Akers Thanks for your help! Seems like solved. Took the carb off and cleaned the air corrector jet, and the bore, replaced the partly enrichment valve with a donor one, till the rebuild kit arrives. I've noticed that the ignition misfires, in cold the first cylinder is dead, then few minutes later get working, but puffy sound can be hear from the tail pipe at idling. This may cause unburnt fuel gets in the exhaust, and the black smoke at full throttle. At exhaust gas analizing was the CO and the CH level far above, than the allowed. Now is surely closer to the optimal level. I'm gonna replace the ignition leads, and take it to another MOT reading to refine the ignition time, and the CO screw. :)

• @olaniyanmichael640
    @olaniyanmichael640 2 роки тому

can I ask my question here?

• @helenerohr582
    @helenerohr582 4 роки тому

Hello James, I live in the US, where I bought a Van off a German couple traveling the world; unknowingly to me at the time...the carburetor engine never made it to the states and it is almost impossible to get parts. I 'ordered' a new carburetor from a company in the UK, but the part was listed as currently unavailable with no future availability date listed. Now I am trying to get comfortable with the idea of rebuilding the carburetor. Your video makes me hopeful, so thank you very much for posting that!! However, my carburetor is missing a few parts that do not come in the rebuild kit. Do you have any advice on where I could possibly find the spring that goes to the throttle control and also the lever that attaches to the choke flap? Those are the two obvious parts I can tell are missing, who know what else... I am not sure really how this commenting works and if I will be able to see when you respond, crossing my fingers and thank you in advance.

• @clifford106447
    @clifford106447 3 роки тому

if i sent you a 2e3 carb would you be interested in cleaning and rebuilding . thanks .

• @JamesAkers
      @JamesAkers  2 роки тому

I'd love to but don't have any time with two young kids i'm afraid!

• @voikuvoics
    @voikuvoics 5 років тому

Im having a problem with my van and I suspect it's time for a csrb rebuild. It dies when going for high rpm or steep hills. Starts after 1-2 minutes.
    Thabks for the video, as I am sure it helps a lot of people

• @shtinibread222
    @shtinibread222 7 років тому

Amazing video! I have a Golf mk2 1.3 which has been in some forest for about 5 years and wont run idle, and only run smooth on 2500rpm or higher. After some research I think it's a stuck float needle? If someone could confirm that'd be really nice. Also when letting off the throttlepedal, the rpms stick for like 2 seconds before going down, which makes me think there's some vacuum leak?

• @isaacfuertes
    @isaacfuertes 3 роки тому

Hello, The second-stage pulldown unit is the same for 2e3 and 2e2?

• @chepep0n
    @chepep0n 5 років тому

Thank for this video James! do you by any chance happen to know where i can get the small plastic part that connects the bimetallic element with the flap? i found that someone in an old forum managed to 3d print it, but that's all. thank you in advance!

• @AndyUK-Corrival
    @AndyUK-Corrival 7 років тому

Thanks James, I saw one of the cleaners on Maplins but I will give it a miss and do the toothbrush method. Hoping a good clean and rebuild will mean my engine runs better as it is prone to dirt in the Jets and also not sure if air is getting in somewhere. Hoping I get it back together...and working.

• @tugberksongar
    @tugberksongar 5 років тому

can I ask a question. The second throat of karbutator opens at how many thousand cycles.

• @annikakramer1199
    @annikakramer1199 3 роки тому

Thank you so much! Best Video ever.

• @olaniyanmichael640
    @olaniyanmichael640 2 роки тому

You are the best Bro. much love from Nigeria.

• @AndyUK-Corrival
    @AndyUK-Corrival 7 років тому

Great videos, I am about to do this on my T25 as keep getting idle problems when I do over rough ground or bumps so assume dirt getting tossed around so needs a good clean. Couldn't see a video on the ultrasound cleaning or whatever it was. Was that successful and how easy is it? Andy

• @JamesAkers
      @JamesAkers  7 років тому +1

Cheers. The ultrasonic cleaner I used packed up and stopped working after a few hours use so I never finished the video. It seemed to work, but no better than using a paintbrush and white spirit like I used on the rebuilt carb. I think you'd need to take it to someone with an industrial one to do the job properly.

• @95Jester
    @95Jester 7 років тому

Hi! One more question: how did you remove the venturi diffusor? In the end of the video you mentioned, there is another tiny sealing. I got those sealings in the rebuild kit, and have not replaced yet.

• @JamesAkers

Just use something soft to whack them out, you can see me doing it at 21:04

• @tugberksongar

The maximum speed does not go more than 110 km

• @jasonmuscat3945
    @jasonmuscat3945 5 років тому

this looks very similar to a skoda felicia carb

• @tugberksongar

my car skoda felicia 1995 model

• @dickyj5077
    @dickyj5077 7 років тому +1

What did you use to clean out the carb beforehand? Got one to re condition and do this weekend

• @JamesAkers

White spirit and a paintbrush (the bristles get in all the gaps) then spraying through all the channels with carb cleaner.

• @dickyj5077
      @dickyj5077 7 років тому

James Akers thanks so much fella! Brilliant video too 🤙

• @JamesAkers

Let me know how you get on! I'll try to help if I can although I literally learnt as I went along making these videos.

• @dickyj5077
      @dickyj5077 7 років тому

James Akers. Hopefully starting tonight but have you got any advise on cleaning/fixing/returning the auto choke?

• @JamesAkers

Richard Johnson I'd keep all the springs in place, no need to dismantle it fully. Just use the same brush cleaning and then add some lubrication once it's all clean.