My new camera gear ✦ Fuji X-T4

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 26 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 235

• @sarahinscotland
    @sarahinscotland  2 роки тому +18

This video got a lot more attention than I expected. I ended up changing the title so as not to attract so many trolls who seem to love leaving rude comments on videos about switching from Canon to Fuji. Anyways, that is not what my channel is about.
    If you only comment about pixels, weight, specs, etc. you completely missed the point. USER EXPERIENCE means the most to me. And Fuji makes photography/filming FUN again, which is very personal, and cannot be quantified with any statistics.
    Anyways, if you are new here and enjoying it, and decide to stay, welcome to the family!

• @Mukanimou
      @Mukanimou 7 місяців тому

Hi Sarah, new to your channel. Please tell me, do you use this camera solely for both you photography and videography work? Thank you in advance if you reply. Looking forward to looking over your content.

• @galahadsholm524
    @galahadsholm524 2 роки тому +8

The dials and control system were what made me go for Fuji. Love that more tactical feel. Plus I find it easier.

• @sarahinscotland
      @sarahinscotland  2 роки тому +5

I agree!! I spend more time observing my scene. I turn the dials and know everything is good. No fussing in the menus. So much fun, and I feel it makes me far more aware of my settings at all times because the dials don't lie 😄

• @saiyan_princestudios9790
    @saiyan_princestudios9790 2 роки тому +3

Fuji is amazing and seriously underrated. It was so popular back in the fuji xt2 days being small and light weight. We are seeing people shift to bigger and heavier full frame again overall in the photography world. But I still love my xt2 and xh1 and don’t plan on ever switching. The xt4 is amazing camera. Wish I had one. Congrats on the switch.

• @mazdaram226
    @mazdaram226 2 роки тому

Welcome aboard , it’s just so tactile and the simulations are jaw dropping… great video

• @M_freedomOfSpeech
    @M_freedomOfSpeech 2 роки тому +2

Welcome to FUFJIFILM! I have the X-T4, and I'm waiting for the X-H2 that is coming soon, i need two!!

• @sarahinscotland
      @sarahinscotland  2 роки тому +1

Thanks Ricky! I'm loving it soooo much although I still have a lot to learn about settings 😅

• @AbuAshrafMasnun
    @AbuAshrafMasnun 2 роки тому +3

Love my X-T3 often more than the Sony A7C.
    Welcome to Fuji world, enjoy!

• @seb6stian
    @seb6stian 2 роки тому

I came here because of a youtube notification, i am not disappointed. Your voice is so nice to listen to! The fuji seems to be a beast!

• @swagonman
    @swagonman 2 роки тому +1

Welcome to the Fujifilm space! I too just bought an XT4 two weeks ago. For the past 7 years, I’ve been using the magical XT1. So many great lens choices for you. There is no accident that “film” is in the name Fujifilm. I think they are the only camera company who understands our history using manual film cameras for so many years. Enjoy!!!

• @sarahinscotland
      @sarahinscotland  2 роки тому

Yes I think you’re right!

• @NightVisionOfficial
      @NightVisionOfficial 2 роки тому +1

I did the same! lol.
      Like... There's at least 5 people who bought an XT4 this month

• @יצחק-ק5ע
    @יצחק-ק5ע 2 роки тому

you just give me a fantastic experience. thank you sarah

• @shannanhurt5616
    @shannanhurt5616 2 роки тому

I'm new to photography but I absolutely love this camera! It took me a lil bit to fully comprehend the amount of tech that is packed into this camera. Love the fuji x recipes and built in film simulations. So much to enjoy and learn.
    Cool video

• @sarahinscotland

That's so true - same for me. At first glance it's all obvious because you can do everything manually with the dials. But diving into the menus unlocks a whole new world of potential. I think I love it even more because you have the option for analog and digital. Best of both worlds.

• @f.d.m.4914
    @f.d.m.4914 2 роки тому +2

Very nice video ! Having Photography as a hobby, I got my first Fuji X100F back in Jan 2018 and then, the X-T3 (Dec/2018). Watching your enthusiasm and joy with the new acquisition put a smile on my face. Makes me think how happy I get when I shoot with my X-T3 as I also love landscapes. I truly believe that for us, Fuji fans and users, our cameras are not only tools. We enjoy them. Sometimes my camera sends me back to the 80s (I was a kid lol but regardless, really loved photography).
    A place I'd recommend you to try if ever possible, is Iceland. That place uniqueness and beauty is something hard to explain ! Went there in Dec 2017 but unfortunately, I didn't have the Fuji back then... I had a Leica X1. I currently own a 35mm f1.4, a 10-24mm F4 MK I, 56mm f1.2 and my favorite 16-55mm f2.8. I'm about to add the 70-300mm f4 to my setup. 2 days ago I sold (almost gave for free) :( my 16mm f1.4 and although it is an incredible lens I barely used it. Congrats on your new gear and enjoy it in good health !

• @sarahinscotland
      @sarahinscotland  2 роки тому +3

Oh bummer I would have bought your 16mm! I'm looking to add a wide lens to my kit. And yes..I REALLY want to explore Iceland and the Faroe islands...both are not that far away from me!
      I agree that Fuji makes photography FUN.

• @jayhunt608
    @jayhunt608 2 роки тому +6

Great Choice! I shoot the same way. XT3 with a mixture of Fuji and Canon lens. I find the latter the best of both worlds. Great glass and the best SOOC jpg. Also try the Fuji 16mm and the 80mm. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your experience.

• @professionalpotato4764
      @professionalpotato4764 2 роки тому

The older 16mm might be a bit of a slower or noisier lens. The new 18mm f/1.4 is a beast, ultra sharp corner to corner wide open, with silent and fast focusing. Considering the 16mm is actually a 17mm (it's less wide than the 16-55 f/2.8), the 18mm would be a better purchase.

• @PaulStrople
    @PaulStrople 2 роки тому +1

I just recently made the switch from Canon to Fujifilm as well! (Canon 6D II, 5D IV, R & R6, ----> Fujifilm X-T4). I LOVE my Fuji SO MUCH! I use it A LOT for video work, but i love it for photo as well! I have zero regrets with my switch!
    Your photo work is awesome!
    You've earned yourself another Sub!
    Blessings Sarah!

• @sarahinscotland

Wow you had a LOT of Canons! :D I'm finding myself using the X-T4 mainly for video because it's just so fun and the video is gorrrrrgeous! Then I remember "oh, right..take a photo!" lol

• @PaulStrople
      @PaulStrople 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland Haha! The video is indeed Gorgeous! I’m a huge fan of Astia for video!
      The photos are gorgeous too!
      It’s incredible just how good they are, straight out of camera!

• @reboundk1ng
      @reboundk1ng 2 роки тому

R6?? to Fuji? wow that is mind blowing decision

• @howardpayne6064
    @howardpayne6064 2 роки тому

I have your previous camera (6dmk2) but absolutely loved watching your video. Have to say I love the look of Fuji cameras. Reminds me of my dads old cameras when I was a child. Also I love your personality and passion for taking photos 😊👍

• @sarahinscotland

The 6dmk2 is absolutely an amazing camera and served me well for a long time. If I could have afforded to I would have kept everything while adding Fuji.

• @ronmasters751
    @ronmasters751 2 роки тому +4

XF70-300mm-highly recommended. F/5.6 wide open at 300, but XT-4 & X-S10 have great IBIS & good high-ISO performance.

• @sarahinscotland

The longer range is tempting...but for now I'll have to keep it on the wishlist 😚

• @hVF8KZuQPeCc8u
    @hVF8KZuQPeCc8u 2 роки тому

I really liked this video, thanks! I have a Panasonic G9, that I love, and recently added the Fuji X-T4 to it. They make a great pair. The Fuji has great soul and is a blast to use as you brought out. I have subscribed and hope to learn more about your Fuji experience.

• @archonmagosaugustus
    @archonmagosaugustus 2 роки тому +1

I have the fuji xt3 and the 50-140mm which is, by far, one of my most beloved lenses for my landscapes photos. I am happy that you are satisfied with your choice! As for the f2 lenses, I can swear in all the languages you may wish for my 35mm f2. Small, fast, affordable and freaking fun to use.

• @sarahinscotland
      @sarahinscotland  2 роки тому +2

At the moment I'm looking for a wider lens, like 18 or 16

• @archonmagosaugustus
      @archonmagosaugustus 2 роки тому +1

@@sarahinscotland I have the 16mm f1.4 (curiously attached to the camera body right now) and it's a great one. I found it on ebay for quite a bargain. However the new 18mm is very appealing

• @the24thknight
    @the24thknight 2 роки тому +5

I feel like we made the same journey lol. I’m a canon convert also. Had a 5D Mark III and a 6D Mark II and just fell in love with the Fuji system because of that same user experience, SOOC jpegs, and great price of the lenses compared to canon’s RF offerings. Just a great system for a hobbyist like me. Enjoy!

• @sarahinscotland

That's awesome!

• @kamilpotato3764
      @kamilpotato3764 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland I got xt2 few weeks ago(budget constraints). XT4 specs look good(ibis finally)... but I do only photos and swivel screen is less than great. Love 3 way screen on xt2.

@@kamilpotato3764 I wish they would just follow the Panasonic S1H. Tilt + flip screen is the way to go. I like flip screen for selfies with my girlfriend, but when doing street photography, I rather have a tilt.

• @SarahBurnsStudio
      @SarahBurnsStudio 2 роки тому

@@professionalpotato4764 I still haven’t tried one with a tilt screen, but people do seem to love it!

@@SarahBurnsStudio It's great for filming videos, not so much for photos. Like the Sony A7 or Nikon Z bodies, I hate those. Can't get any low or high angle portrait shots.

• @thomashill5768
    @thomashill5768 2 роки тому

welcome to Fuji! Don't sleep on the xf60mm, such a versatile lens

• @olewiseone1079
    @olewiseone1079 2 роки тому

I absolutely love my Fuji XT4. I have been with the Fujifilm system for 3 years now and have been a happy photographer ever since .

• @sarahinscotland

What's your favorite lens for it?

• @olewiseone1079
      @olewiseone1079 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland I own the xf16mm f1.4, xf100-400mm with the 1X teleconverter, xf55-200mm, and 35 f2, but my favorite, and the one I use the most, would be the xf16-55mm f2.8. It’s a little chunky, but the images I get from it is worth it to me.

• @brucekraft744
    @brucekraft744 2 роки тому

Very nice demo if camera & lens. I have both, so I know.

• @sprucehouse9
    @sprucehouse9 2 роки тому +1

Those are some fine images! It is indeed exciting to get new gear. I remember getting my Yashica medium format film camera (in the 80s, LOL!) and being blown away by larger format capabilities and possibilities. I'm looking forward to seeing where this new equipment takes you.

• @sarahinscotland

Oh man YESSS. I had a Contax 645 AF at one point and it was incredible

• @dryingshift
    @dryingshift 2 роки тому

I know next to nothing about cameras, but I'm excited for you!! Gorgeous photography and videos!

• @sarahinscotland

I hope it wasn't too boring. I like to keep my videos less techy but this was a very exciting thing! 😄 I want ro connect with other Fuji lovers.

• @dryingshift
      @dryingshift 2 роки тому +1

@@sarahinscotland It definitely wasn't! Lots of beautiful scenery to keep me occupied, plus your excitement comes through and makes it a delight to watch :D

• @charliethompson7042
    @charliethompson7042 2 роки тому

Really enjoyed this video.....so much so that I subscribed about a minute in! Started MY photographic journey with a "126" camera, emulating my dad on vacation. Along came the Yashica TL-Electro, Canon AE1, then 3 Canon DSLRs, Sony a6000, THEN Fuji XT3!!! Last year, I went back to Canon (r6). LOVE the combo of FF R6 & crop XT3! So looking forward to your channel!

• @sarahinscotland

The RF glass seems soooo nice but costs a pretty penny 😄 but that's the kind of system you invest for life, I'm sure you'll love it!

• @PaulTakesPhotos
    @PaulTakesPhotos 2 роки тому +1

I can relate to many if not all of your points.
    I own a Fujifilm xt2 which I bought last year and I love the photography experience. I do limit my shooting on Fuji to street, architecture and documenting life/travel.
    When it comes to macro, product and animal/sports photography I do prefer Sony because of its autofocus and lens choice.
    I do believe Fuji has been created by photographers for photographers

• @sarahinscotland

Understandable! I have never really needed fancy autofocus but if you do it seems Sony is pretty amazing.

• @charliejg
    @charliejg 2 роки тому

Very nice footage. I have an X-T3 that I really like. I only have one Fuji lens so far, the 18-55mm. I also use two Canon FD lenses, the 50mm f1.8 and a 135mm f3.5. That 135mm lens is really cool. Can't wait until spring so I can get out more often with it. Looking forward to more Scotland content. I've been following Thomas Heaton for a while now and a Twitter car friend who lives in Keith. Some incredible places up there. Take care!

• @sarahinscotland

I really enjoy my Canon lenses on the Fuji as well!

• @MayurMahapatraFilms
    @MayurMahapatraFilms 2 роки тому

Congratulations.. Sarah.. love from another Fuji shooter. I shoot all my videos with Fuji XT4 and 16-80 kit lens.. 👍👍

• @KingdomThoughtLeaders
    @KingdomThoughtLeaders 2 роки тому

Congrats on the switch. I switched from Lumix GH4 to XT4 for all the reasons you spoke of. I'm loving it as well. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to see what you capture.

• @sarahinscotland

I never tried Lumix, but was always curious. Either way, Hello fellow Fuji 😄

• @emgee44
    @emgee44 2 роки тому

LoL 😆 Like you I was a Canon user for years, although if I’m honest, it spent most of its time sitting in my camera bag. It just seemed big and bulky (it was a 40D). A few years ago I was in my local camera store and saw the Fuji line up and was taken with how, like you, they reminded me of my old film camera (OM2-SP). I guess it had an impact on me because I couldn’t stop thinking about them. I couldn’t afford the X-T3 or the X-Pro2 at the time, but as my 50th birthday was coming up I decided to treat myself and so I bought the X-E3. Since then I’ve taken more photos than I ever did I with my Canon. Now I have a selection of lenses and I’ve since acquired a used X-T3 (a friends) and just this week I picked up a used X-Pro2 on ebay (PayPals pay in 3, interest free is dangerous). Now I just need to get there, work permitting - now which one should I take?🤔

• @litehour
    @litehour 2 роки тому

New fuji xt4 user as well, im through my journey of binge-ing all fuji made features. Love this video and all the fun you had the emptions were transpired through the screen.

• @patkeen8668
    @patkeen8668 2 роки тому

What good fortune to find your wonderful channel. Love all your work especially the Glencoe trip. A Nikon to Fuji convert here with the Fuji user experience the main attraction also. I believe the 1.4 teleconverter will extend the reach of your 50-140 with only one stop loss-if you ever consider wanting more reach.

• @Bob-Horse
    @Bob-Horse 2 роки тому

Nice video, thank you. My journey, over at least twelve years, went Canon, Sony, Nikon then Fujifilm. Love the Fuji’s most of all as they feel more intuitive. Happy shooting.

• @koolkutz7
    @koolkutz7 2 роки тому

Glad you are enjoying your Fujifilm gear Sarah. I still have my Nikon D7500 and 9 f-mount lenses but bought the Fujifilm X-S10 + 18-55mm f2.8-4 lens last year and overall it is great. It has the same processor & sensor as the X-T4 plus all of those glorious film simulations. The 4K video looks gorgeous too! My next might be the XF 70-300mm but it seems very difficult to buy right now here in the UK-all stores have it on pre-order still or out of stock! So frustrating!

• @lpayne91
    @lpayne91 2 роки тому

Your photography is truly amazing and beautiful x

• @onlygoodvibes7064
    @onlygoodvibes7064 2 роки тому

Such a wonderful video! I'm very impressed with the image stabilization, really great! Thanks for sharing 👍🙂

• @borntoexplore982
    @borntoexplore982 2 роки тому

Congrats on the new Fuji gear! I made the transition from Canon to an XT3 a few years ago but I decided to sell all of my Canon gear (last year). Fuji’s 50-140 and the 23 f 2 are awesome lenses! If you find yourself looking for another prime lens , you may want to check out the 90 mm :)

• @sarahinscotland

Do you have any advice about wide angles? That’s my next purchase. Recs for videos to watch would be great too!

• @PrairieGal04
    @PrairieGal04 2 роки тому

Thanks for the tip about the adapter. I mainly got the Fuji XT-4 for travel, and if I can use my Canon lenses that would be awesome. Not sure why I never thought of this before.

• @equisetuminc
    @equisetuminc 2 роки тому

I love my XT3. Had to lug it (and all the other equipment) around NYC in the middle of the summer. Boy was I glad it was small, lightweight, and versatile.

• @sarahinscotland

Yesss this is what I'm happy about - traveling lighter!

• @ShaunakDe
    @ShaunakDe 2 роки тому

I got a XT4 (switched from Canon too) recently as well and totally echo your thoughts. Thanks for sharing your lens collection.

• @FightingWitch
    @FightingWitch 2 роки тому

Spectacular abstract nature photography 😍 I absolutely ADORE these pics! And what a location too!
    Great video and very interesting insight on the new Fuji baby!
    Thanks a lot for sharing! 💜

• @sarahinscotland

The Moray coast offers so much variety! In contrast I just went to Glencoe - huge mountains on the west coast. So I've been REALLY testing out my new gear in a fun way!

• @OAK_MTN
    @OAK_MTN 2 роки тому

I used an older APS-C Nikon equipped with a mix of FX and DX lenses for 4 years, then switched to M4/3 with a G9 but didn't quite feel it. The images are fine, the body feels solid and dependable, the button layout is well thought out but it's not fun to shoot. It feels too buttoned up.
    So I recently purchased an X-T4 with a single lens, the 50mm F2. So far I'm loving it. It's very fun and intuitive to use and the image quality is incredible in my opinion. The files are very easy to work with too as you get a lot more headroom than the G9 files. And that's if I have any editing to do at all as the images already look great out of camera. I'm sold.

• @sarahinscotland

That’s what I love about mine. The jpegs have my favourite look SOOC

• @OAK_MTN
      @OAK_MTN 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland Editing becomes creative instead of being a salvage mission to some extent haha

• @wildlifeexpedition9720
    @wildlifeexpedition9720 2 роки тому

Very good move! I have done it last year, now edition takes me minutes, before was hours. Image quality superior to full frame at same price range, and feels so comfortable to use. And won a blind test for video that included some Hollywood camera.

• @SHWVideos
    @SHWVideos 2 роки тому

Great video. Last year I switched from Fujifilm (X-T3) to Canon (R6). So many good camera choices these days, we are really fortunate.

• @jjstarrprod
    @jjstarrprod 2 роки тому

Welcome to the Fuji fam, Sarah !
    Fellow former Canon shooter who switched to Fuji, here. I'm a heavy X-T3 user now (and X-H1 prior to that, and X-T20, and I started on a X-T10 in 2016, when Fuji first started to get on the map). And just getting my eyes in front of a X-T10 in terms of sharpness, colors, and most of all, FUN to use it, was enough for me to never look back.
    And yeah, screw the pixel peepers and specs-Canony fanboys, they're just tech reviewers, not photographers (and hey, nothing wrong about tech reviewers... until you start dissing on a certain brand of camera for little more reasons than because you prefer yours !)
    Happy Fujiying !

• @sarahinscotland

Thank you! Haha..people will always have something to complain about. I vote for just going out and living our best life without putting others down for something as harmless as camera choice 😂

• @jjstarrprod
      @jjstarrprod 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland That's the spirit !
      Besides, all these Fuji "haters" probably never held a Fuji in their hands, lest they would rediscover (God forbids !) fun !
      The fun of shooting with an actual ergonomic camera ! And stylish !
      That feels so addictive to bring out everyday wit you wherever whenever and have fun with it.

• @bill3117
    @bill3117 2 роки тому

I own both of the Fujifilm lenses you highlight. I love my copy of the 50-140mm and also works great with the 1.4X teleconverter! I can't wait to see your next video. Subscribed!

• @sarahinscotland

Ohh awesome! I was looking at the 1.4x and I think I may "need" it now 🤣

• @bill3117
      @bill3117 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland I also own the 2.0X, but it requires even more light, at least the way I use it. So the 2.0X teleconverter is not my fave, but the 1.4X is. Note, I recently bought a used 100-400mm Fujifilm lens. Now that is a beast! But your current 50-140mm should be able to capture the LochNess monster ;)

• @sarahinscotland

@@bill3117 oh gosh, how much heavier is the 400mm?? I feel like I'm already at my max (after all one of the reasons I switched was to have a lighter kit) 🙃

• @bill3117
      @bill3117 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland True Sarah. The 50-140mm is 995g the 100-400mm is 1,375g! Try/rent the 1.4X teleconverter on your 50-140mm first. When I first got the 100-400mm I crammed it in a camera bag sling with my XH-1. It didn't take me long to figure out I should have used my camera bag backpack! ;) Edit: One other thought, the 70-300mm looks interesting if you need reach, and something compact. Hard to find in stock. However, I do love my 50-140mm.

• @grahamowen4336
    @grahamowen4336 2 роки тому

When the Fiji XT-1 was released, I fell in love with it as it reminded me so much of my Pentax SV that I bought around 1964. So when I had the urge to try a mirrorless experience without breaking the bank, it was my first choice ad I loved it! That was in 2018. In the same year I bought a mint XT-2 AND my Nikon was upgraded from a D810 to a D850. The D810 was sold to fund a Fuji XT-4. I've also found the Fringer adaptor so my 9 Nikkor lenses work on the Fujis. I say Fujis as I've added another XT-4! I still love my Nikons though and have not switched brand completely, but the Fujis do get more use now. I noticed that in the early part of this vide0 (2:20>) the caption in the top LHS says that you were using the Fringer adaptor with the Fuji 40-150.

• @sarahinscotland

Oops! I didnt mean to write Fringer adapter with fuji, I only use the adapter with Canon lenses (hopefully that's obvious) 😅

• @grahamowen4336
      @grahamowen4336 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland Yes it is, but just thought I'd flag it up.

• @NeilMcAliece
    @NeilMcAliece 2 роки тому

I've not even held a modern full frame Nikon or Canon, but when I was looking to get back into photography (from using Nikon and Minolta SLR flim cameras in the late 80s- early 90s) I was seeing plenty of "full frame" mantra "if you're serious". I also had the perception that tech was useless after a few years, so when looking at "good" recent model full frame ecosystems with lenses, I was really depressed by the price.
    Then I found people shooting professionally who fell in love with even the x-t1 going back to 2014 and still swearing by it, I started to rethink. I recently went for a used x-t2 from a camera store with some warranty. I absolutely love using it and am stunned by the results coming out of it. I can see myself using it for a couple of years, then maybe picking up a used x-t3 or 4

• @sarahinscotland

YES yes yes to all of this, I totally agree. And honestly even when I began digital photography I used a Canon t2i which were crop sensors and I shot many weddings with that. The lens, lighting, composition, etc mattered more. Even "cheap old" equipment can give you AMAZING results. It's more about what you do with it. Parts of the photography culture are too obsessed with the "wrong" things without knowing their Why...in my humble opinion.

• @equisetuminc

Hah ha - me too with my Nikon F2. Got an XT 3 as a gift and wow.

• @funkyboogiee
    @funkyboogiee 2 роки тому

i recently got the 1.4x Teleconverter for my 50-140 / XT4 rig! Works nicely for sure. got some good BIF action no problem! I'm looking forward to this 150-600mm that Fuji is putting out this year as well as what new cameras are gonna have under the hood!

• @sarahinscotland

Holy cow 15-600???? That's going to be a BEAST

• @funkyboogiee
      @funkyboogiee 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland 150-600. Made a typo. But its not a rumor its on the fuji lens map!

• @Martin_Symons
    @Martin_Symons 2 роки тому

I've given you a like and subscribe.... I've recently purchased the X-T4 and Canon R6. I gave the X-T4 a spin December 2021 on a vacation just to get use to the camera and just like you I used the adapter on EF mount Tamron lenses I already have and it worked perfectly. I agree that the Fuji is fun to use. I am keen to follow you on your photographic journey 😃

• @sarahinscotland

Howdy Martin! Thank you and welcome! It’s a fun journey that’s for sure 😁

• @findermanimages
    @findermanimages 2 роки тому +2

The X-T4 can be extremely easy to get going with. 2 years on, however, and I'm am still learning lots about it (I've never used it for video). I'm about to buy a longer zoom lens but will likely go for the 55-200 based mainly on price and extra reach. It won't be as fast as your but it'll suit my needs. Great work.

• @KayNymanArt
    @KayNymanArt 2 роки тому

It's such a joy to watch your passion for cameras! I've been considering upgrading my video capabilities this year (currently I only have my phone as a filming option) but boy it's overwhelming to even know where to begin! I'll be binging videos for sure haha.

• @sarahinscotland

Hi Kay! I totally get that..if you ever want to bounce ideas around let me know!

• @AaronGayah
    @AaronGayah 2 роки тому

Thank you for this. I switched from Canon to Fuji in December 2019 (X-Pro3) but the reviews for the lens adapters were few. Was undecided about selling off the Canon lenses but you’ve helped me with that decision.

• @peskov74
    @peskov74 2 роки тому

Nice video! I have a upside down situation) At the begining I was a film photographer, because digital was too expensive to me (it was a 2006) and film coast not so much like now) Then I can save some money and I bought a Canon 50d. Then I shoot a lot of time on a different Canon cameras. After that I starting to shoot video, but my 60d was not so good for that. In that time Panasonic shows a GH3 and I bought it. That camera was woderful! Crisp photos and videos even a smaller sensor size than Canon! Same time I shoot film, and very enjoy to use my vintage camera. Of course my choice was Fujifilm after all and it was shocked: a digital camera with film simulations and etc, no way! A have to shoot a x-e1, x-a2, x-t2, x-t3, x-t30, x-h1 and all of them was very nice. At that time time I have used to a crisp, very microcontrast m4\3 and Fiji images and I starting to use strong noise and colour chrome emulations on my x-t30 that close it to a film, I think, but film, that I continue shooting, was something different. Well after a saw a very cheap offer a Canon 5d mark III and I decide to buy it. Wow! That image is what I looking for. Colours, countrast, skintone, gradients and usability! On small Fuji cameras I knoking down settings all the time. Canon is very reliable, like AK-47 (Yes, Im from Russia) After that I sell off all my Fuji cameras and lenses, exept x-a2 and some 7artisans manual lenses. Well, after almost 12 years I came back to Canon and enjoy it. Anyway, only that matters)

• @sarahinscotland

Canon is excellent and I see why you enjoy it! If I was rich I’d have a set of both 😊

• @acmdv
    @acmdv 2 роки тому

I have used my X-T4 with a monopod - you get really sharp images with the IBIS and if the lens is also stabilized it's like using a tripod (only your not). I would also suggest getting some vintage lenses (and some K & F Concept lens adapters).

• @fujiwildlifevideography9288
    @fujiwildlifevideography9288 2 роки тому

I've been using the Fuji XT-4 for almost two years now with the very compact and budget friendly XC 50-230mm f/4.5-6.7 (I know very slow compared to your telephoto lens :( but still capable of producing amazing wildlife videography). I’m very satisfied with the XT-4. The camera and lens really jump started a new hobby for me since the start of the pandemic. I've been particularly pleased with the stabilization but of course low light scenarios can be tough when limited to f/6.7 (really need to crank up the ISO). Nevertheless I’ve really enjoyed getting outside and capturing some beautiful Ohio wildlife. I plan to share some of my work on YT soon. First video is already up!

• @sarahinscotland

I have considered that lens a lot. To be honest I’m shocked by how well the xt4 does with a cranked up ISO. I was testing it out yesterday and didn’t see any noise at 6400. Granted I was outside in natural light and used f/2.8 but at 4000 shutter speed. Anyways I am definitely keeping my eye out for a used version of your lens because for a big hike or long vacation I’d like a smaller kit with some reach.

• @clintwood1983
    @clintwood1983 2 роки тому +1

Good video,
    I am looking at getting the new Tamron 18-300mm and have that as my only landscape photography lense ( I have a few primes for other stuff)
    I recently sold off my Nikon gear for an x-t3. I couldn't use my DSLR anymore after getting so used to my x100v.
    Anyways, subbed you your channel.
    Take care.

• @jerryleow711
      @jerryleow711 2 роки тому +1

try the Fuji 70-300, it is much sharper than Tamron 18-300mm

• @clintwood1983
      @clintwood1983 2 роки тому

@@jerryleow711 have you had a chance to compare the two? I haven't seen many comparisons out there as the Tamron's quite new.

• @sarahinscotland

Most important thing seems to be to first know what you love to shoot, then find the best quality tool you can afford to achieve that.

• @josesimasyt
    @josesimasyt 2 роки тому

Get a monopod for the telefoto. It is more convinient than a tripod to move around and it helps a lot with the wind. I have a 150-600 and a Canon and have the same problem, it feels like you have sail in your hands! I am also considering the move to Fuji, thanks for the video.

• @sarahinscotland

Good point. The struggle is that I switch out my lenses when I'm watching around, and often use the tripod for filming "behind the scenes" and artist things for my other channel

• @josesimasyt
      @josesimasyt 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland for me it is carrying a tripod for hiking. A cheap monopod with a nice ball head is convinient and light.

• @BenLomonRail
    @BenLomonRail 2 роки тому

Went the same route, only I came from Nikon DSLR. Have the X-T4 and a couple of zooms, along with the X100V.

• @larsrosing5033
    @larsrosing5033 2 роки тому

I have the X-t4 also, but be carefull with sand, ive grotten some sand in between the ISO/Drive selector. So if i change ISO the drive changes unintentienally. I went to the Beach in very calm weather no flying sand, but some how it got in anyway. Also the shutter button suffer with sand issues. Just for your info! Not too imressed with it's sand resistance!

• @daledevernon56
    @daledevernon56 2 роки тому +2

I switched to the XT4 awhile ago. I love the minimalist nature of the controls. But I have found that it's a slippery slope because I'm already looking at Leica.

• @sarahinscotland

Haha the grass is always greener!

• @daledevernon56
      @daledevernon56 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland Still keeping the XT but the Leica even more minimalist.

• @CrusaderRabbit59
    @CrusaderRabbit59 2 роки тому

imho whatever inspires you to get out and shoot!! loved some of the shots of your feline friend ... enjoy!! =:3

• @Transterra55
    @Transterra55 2 роки тому

I have been a Canon user since 1976 and have owned about 5 or 6 different Canon cameras--like you, I have watched many, many Fujifilm videos...I am seriously considering making the leap to Fujifilm. Greetings from Tennessee..

• @sarahinscotland

Hello! Well I can only say that for me, it was the PERFECT choice. I am so reinvigorated and inspired to shoot, and honestly LOVE the external dials and not being stuck in the menus as much. Much more like film.

• @Juan0003
    @Juan0003 2 роки тому

It's the shooting experience that won me over. Yeah, yeah, Sony, Canon and Nikon might arguably have better image quality (not by much, in terms of resolution, and not at all in terms of colour science, IMHO) but the feeling of a complete balanced and flexible camera that the XT3 gave me beat all of that! I do street photography. I live with my camera in my hands. I don't want it be an anchor.

• @sarahinscotland

Agree! And my weak wrists are happier now 🤣

• @SarahJaeckel
    @SarahJaeckel 2 роки тому

I was kind of pro (press photography) in the zeros, working with Nikon back then.
    The job and circumstances nearly killed my love for photography. I just got some consumer Olympus Pen in the 10s... nothing to write home about.
    Starting the quarantine, I got myself a Lumix G9 (because I had some mft glass). Great camera, really, but it's cringy, unintuativ, I never got warm with it).
    Then I got myself an old Fuji XT-1 for under 200 Euro. And I fell in love. It felt like coming home after a very long time to my beginnings with a Pentax MX.

• @sarahinscotland

Amazing journey! I love that feeling when you find “your” camera!

• @SarahJaeckel
      @SarahJaeckel 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland exactly! The only downside is falling in love with a camera one cannot afford. So stay away from the Arri Alexa;-)

• @reboundk1ng
    @reboundk1ng 2 роки тому

welcome to the family :)

• @StefanoFederici73
    @StefanoFederici73 2 роки тому

Right choice!

• @PhearNone7
    @PhearNone7 2 роки тому

Love Fuji. Great Video I never tried the 50-140mm It does well with zooming in in video! didn't notice too much focus either breathing. Thanks

• @sarahinscotland

So far I've barely noticed any focus breathing and the only downfall is the weight, but that is remedied with a tripod

• @kimbradford
    @kimbradford 2 роки тому

I'd love to see what you think about the Rokinon 12mm auto focus lens on this camera.

• @sarahinscotland

I won’t be getting one anytime soon since I got the Samyang 12mm

• @tbmatuka
    @tbmatuka 2 роки тому

If you're looking for a smaller and lighter telephoto zoom for travel, I bought my XC50-230mm for about 200 pounds new on ebay. They seem to be a bit more expensive now that they're no longer bundled in kits, but they're still amazing value. My X-E3 is not weather resistant, so that wasn't a factor for me. I took most of my favorite photos with it :)

• @maryemma7368
    @maryemma7368 2 роки тому

Beautiful photography. My daughter loves taking photos so will definitely check out that beach. Only been in the area for 9 months but so excited about going exploring this year. Have you been to Findlater Castle? 😊

• @sarahinscotland

Yes thats a very cool place! I painted there last summer. We also walked down to the adjacent Sunnyside Beach which was beautiful

• @maryemma7368
      @maryemma7368 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland We got to the beach too. Very peaceful. Got your books they are wonderful. Well done and hope this year goes well for you both 🙂

• @desbarry8414
    @desbarry8414 2 роки тому

Had my eye on this but I opted for a full frame Nikon Z5 for the stills performance. Need to save up again for the 24-200mm z type zoom lens though. A pity Fuji dont make full frame digital only aps c

• @scottishwifie14
    @scottishwifie14 2 роки тому

Hi Sarah is that Portgordon beach along from Spey Bay. I often go and look for fossils on that beach, you can find shale with fossils of shells or fish. Look for a very dull dark grey brown stone that fractures easily in layers.

• @sarahinscotland

Yes Portgordon! Such a pretty place. I went there looking for seals. I will definitely look for fossils next time, thank you!

• @scottishwifie14
      @scottishwifie14 2 роки тому

@@sarahinscotland great photos and video exciting getting a new camera has been some aurora this past week.

• @k1k13004
    @k1k13004 2 роки тому

i'm about to switch from fuji to canon :)
    I'm a bit afraid I will miss the film simulation and my xf200 f2 :)

• @manuart1983
    @manuart1983 2 роки тому

OMG hugs from Mexico, a few months ago a did the same change from Canon to Fuji ..... i have only one regret ..... why take me so long to do it, an Xt3 is in my bag and, the happines have come to stay, i got the same lents you have an one viltrox 33mm ..... Very nice video. Sorry for my english .... some mistakes from time to time. LOL

• @sarahinscotland

Hello! Seems like most people who switch to Fuji are so thrilled. Its already great being part of this community 🌞

• @MichaelZi
    @MichaelZi 2 роки тому

Welcome to the family :D

• @charleneburge1893
    @charleneburge1893 2 роки тому

I have been browsing a lot of videos, looking for a new mirrorless camera. Why don't you use the viewfinder? It makes me wonder whether it's not a great viewfinder, seeing you propping that large lens away from your face to shoot.

• @sarahinscotland

I actually do use the viewfinder very often. I love it. It’s bright and responsive! But in this case I was talking to the side camera and felt it would muffle my voice if I had it close to my face the whole time. I’m learning as I go!

• @MichealSeaghdha
    @MichealSeaghdha 2 роки тому

I'm glad that you are very happy with the results you are getting, although in that beautiful part of the world I know from personal experience that micro four thirds would have been more than enough for your needs. I have cameras and lenses from all of these platforms and believe that the Fuji lenses have always been much the stronger element of its system. But the X-T4 is undeniably a fine model, with image stabilisation (or rather the lack thereof) the worst aspect of my three Canon full-frame cameras and obviously the main feature that distinguishes the X-T4 from its predecessor. However, what also appears to have improved in recent times is landscape colour rendition. Accurate and pleasing blue skies are nigh on impossible with my X-Pro1, because there is such a strong cyan bias to everything. At times I find that extremely annoying, because with raw files the assumption is always that you can adjust everything to personal taste after the fact. Easier said than done with the first interchangeable lens XF camera, I promise.
    Also, well done on deciding to keep the EF 50mm f/1.2, which I don't possess but would very much like to. I've got ten EF lenses altogether, but they don't all produce similar colours and contrast and this one, I believe, is pretty unique in those respects. Finally, I enjoyed the video and your enthusiasm very much, so thank you.

• @sarahinscotland

I love hearing these insights Michael! Thank you!

• @robertgrenader858
    @robertgrenader858 2 роки тому

You should really consider the 18-55 "kit" lens or the 18-135 for your Fuji kit. My XT-4 is my goto camera right now.

• @sarahinscotland

I'm looking at a couple wider options, mainly the primes. I love primes, and don't mind switching them out as needed. Moving my body feels more normal than zooming (probably because I've been doing that for 10+ years)

• @dcfan333
    @dcfan333 2 роки тому

Hello! Do you know if that adapter works with Canon RF lenses? Perhaps you came across this in your research! I can't seem to find any information.... Thank you!

• @johnkarakatsianis7281
    @johnkarakatsianis7281 2 роки тому

Hey Sarah nice video…you should check out the new 33mm f1.4 by Fuji, great lens (kind of expensive though)

• @SylvainFassio
    @SylvainFassio 2 роки тому

Love Fuji and my xt3 but i love my canon r6 too bécasse it is not the same way to shoot photos. With Fuji, there is something magical with the simulation film. The canon is chirurgical, speed and the stabilization is really good.

• @annhay4572
    @annhay4572 2 роки тому

Oh I loved Fuji first ... then switched to Canon ... but then have recently come back to Fuji, though I'm not nearly as good as your are. The videos and photos (of mine and of yours) seem a bit "dark" to me, do they to you and how to you compensate for that?

• @sarahinscotland

I always slightly underexpose things in order to preserve detail, as the majority of my images are used as reference for my art. Plus it’s super easy to adjust for printing at any point when you have huge files, even jpegs, as long as you aren’t too dark or bright. But it all comes down to aesthetic…I’m drawn to contrast and bright light and deep shadows. That’s just me!

• @ahmd121774
    @ahmd121774 2 роки тому

very nice video thanks canon lens adapter very good

• @dennisg1045
    @dennisg1045 2 роки тому

Just bought an X-T4 for my son and his family for Christmas. My sister has a Canon 'L', 70-200 (assume F2.8) lens that can be borrowed. In your opinion, would buying the Fringer adapter you have be worth the money? I seem to think so. Also, I learned on a fully manual, rangefinder camera many years ago and that's where my comfort level is.

• @sarahinscotland

It's definitely worth the money if you love your Canon lenses. Mine works great.

• @marcosv8426
    @marcosv8426 2 роки тому

I switched from a Canon 5D M3 and eight L lenses to Fujifilm when the X-T1 came out, mostly for the Fujifilm shooting experience and smaller/lighter size (getting old requires adaptation). I was also a Canon fanboy since the Canon AE-1 and Canon 110ED 110 film camera. After nearly a year of shooting Fuji and not being tempted to shoot Canon, I gave all of my Canon gear to my niece who used my gear a lot more than I ever did portrait photography. It is awesome your first Fujifilm lens is the 50-140. I love using the 50-140; but, tend to leave it out of my camera bag if not bringing a photo backpack and tripod due to size/weight. Was curious: before settling on Fujifilm, have you really tried the Sony mirrorless and Canon EOS R first? Aside from shooting experience, how did you find adapting to Fujifilm post processing?

• @sarahinscotland

I had tried the Sony briefly (from a friend) but not the Canon RF series. But after trying the Xt3 I was reminded of the beautiful experience of shooting film with analog cameras. I was hooked. It truly is a different experience. The external dials are such a small but perfect thing

• @sarahinscotland

Oh and for post processing, I should have mentioned that for over a year I had been shooting JPEG, even with my Canon 6D m2. I was already in the mindset of "getting it right in camera" and thats what I do with the fuji.
      I am slowly finding my own perfect film simulation recipe. I used Adobe camera RAW to cull/edit everything before but currently I'm testing the trial of Capture One. It is pretty nice..

• @vickychristopoulos8614
    @vickychristopoulos8614 2 роки тому

All the reason I got the XT4!

• @jonfletcher147
    @jonfletcher147 2 роки тому

I swapped from Nikon full frame many years ago now to Fuji….the Fuji gear is superb. The image quality is so so close to full frame. And far nicer to use :) ps I’m a new UK subscriber.

• @sarahinscotland

Hello! It’s been so great to meet so many Fuji enthusiasts 😄

• @TechnoBabble
      @TechnoBabble 2 роки тому

It's no closer to full frame than any other modern APS-C camera.

• @Mezthecreator
      @Mezthecreator 2 роки тому

@@TechnoBabble lol it's using the same sensor as a Sony a7iv(tad more light & sharpness) with bigger sensor which can be gotten through post editing

• @guillermotraverso4112
    @guillermotraverso4112 2 роки тому

great video! Can you recommend which canon lens do you recommend to use with the xt4?

• @sarahinscotland

I kept my 50mm f/1.2 because it was always my favorite. The 85mm f/1.8 is super fast and sharp so that has been a great one as well

• @GiovanniBausC
    @GiovanniBausC 2 роки тому

At the end of the day it doesn’t make much of a difference. The 50-140 f2.8 basically equals to a 70-200 f4 on full frame, which is typically of similar size. And while I love my X-T3 for its classic immediate wheels, I struggle with its output when there are certain colors like saturated reds in the scene. For seascapes or rocks however, it will be just fine.

• @equisetuminc

What are those gloves? I have a hard time finding gloves for smaller hands.

• @sarahinscotland

I bought them in Colorado, they are "fingerless flip top mittens"

• @SeanMiller318
    @SeanMiller318 2 роки тому

Great video. 👍👍

• @Jana-BrandenburgerPflanze
    @Jana-BrandenburgerPflanze 2 роки тому

Wouldn't Canon R6 been an option for you? Mirrorless and fullframe? Just wondering, seeing you with this heavy Fuji 100-400mm lens (I own myself)

• @sarahinscotland

You need an adapter to mount canon EF lenses on the R6 so either way I would have to use an adapter. The Fuji Xt4 is smaller and lighter than the R6, not to mention half the price. Most Fuji lenses are way smaller and lighter. I just happened to get a big beautiful Zoom lens that I always wanted 😄 it’s similar to the canon 70-200 except much lighter.

@@sarahinscotland I know Fuji very well as I use a X-T4 and 100-400 mm as well as the great 50-140mm. However, having the heavy tele 100-400 at a Fuji is a nightmare from ergo point of view. Sure, at the Canon mirrosless you would need an adapter but could than use all your lenses

Ah, it was a misunderstanding on my end, just realized that you used the 50-140mm which is pretty great lens. (instead of 100-400 mm)
      Enjoy this combi. I'm more in wildlife photography and unfortunately Fuji is not the best solution for it. Currently thinking to go back to Canon just for that reason. the eye tracking an R5/R6 seem to be very promising
      Enjoy FUJI, Sarah 😀

• @princetomy9192
    @princetomy9192 2 роки тому

Yeah 💙 fujifilm

• @guyphoto9437
    @guyphoto9437 2 роки тому +1

I'm a long time Canon user. I tried out a Fuji XT-3 for a few days. I wasn't thrilled with the color and absolutely hated the ergonomics. It felt like going back to the Pentax K-1000. Holding it with a heavier lens put a permanent indentation in the palm of my right hand. Why they put the shutter button directly on top makes no sense. Anyway, no thanks, I'll stick to Canon, easier to hold, more and better lenses, and much better color.

• @sarahinscotland

I completely disagree. Then again, we don't have to. To each their own!

• @ChristianThueringer
    @ChristianThueringer 2 роки тому

great video! subbed

• @karasuofficial16
    @karasuofficial16 2 роки тому

How come you don't have exposure shift while zooming?? Alot of people experience this

• @sarahinscotland

I dont know..maybe something in my settings? I can't comment on that, I'm still learning the fuji settings

• @jamescraig3345
    @jamescraig3345 2 роки тому

While I love my 50-140 when needed (dusk, indoors, etc.), I much prefer the 55-200 where/when there is enough light. Much lighter and greater focal range. Fuji is addictive.

• @sarahinscotland

I definitely understand that. This will be my only "BIG" lens purchase. I really wanted that f/2.8! It's glorious. But for most situations I just bring along my Canon 85mm f/1.8 with the adapter and my tiny 23mm f/2 and I'm covered for so many scenes. I love the lightweight kit.

• @jerryleow711
    @jerryleow711 2 роки тому

try the Fuji prime Len, 18mm F1.4 R Lm WR, the sharpness will surprise you

• @sarahinscotland

I'm on the lookout for a wide lens, thanks for the rec

• @yoshiokitajima473
    @yoshiokitajima473 2 роки тому

I am writing from Japan.
    I also use the XT-4 and have been using the full size for some time.
    On January 1st, I attached a telephoto lens to the NIKON Z9 and shot the waves for an hour.
    After I got home, my arms became dull.
    Maybe your choice is right.
    Everyone's physical strength will decline.
    In Japan, the lightness of a camera is said to be justice.

• @sarahinscotland

I already struggle with physical problems, so the lightweight kit is very important to me in the long-term. I'd rather start investing now so my future is comfortable.

• @MindGem
    @MindGem 2 роки тому

Im so afraid. I bought a used t4 along with a bunch of lenses and other gear, it has not arrived yet but for the price of $2500 for the lot im really scared when I see vids that is not color graded or over exposed, what if this is what you'll get! The rolling shutter when you zoomed in on the bird is also scary.

• @sarahinscotland

Don’t base your judgements on someone who has barely used their camera and figuring it out🤣