Eotech EXPS3 vs Aimpoint T2

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 16 жов 2024
  • Looking for a product featured in this video? UA-cam prevents us from posting links. Head over to our website to find what you're looking for.
    Check out our second channel Outside The Warehouse: / @outsidethewarehouse
    Podcast Channel - / @cf_podcast
    Facebook - / classicfirearm
    Instagram - / classicfirearms
    Twitter - / classicfirearm
    Intro Song: "Issa Trap" by Mikey Geiger

КОМЕНТАРІ • 359

• @user-oq4fh8so4j
    @user-oq4fh8so4j Рік тому +168

Holographic sights project a hologram that appears to place the reticle on the same focal plane as any target you look at. This feature is why they use the optical technique in fighter jets’ heads up displays (HUDs).
    A red dot sight uses an laser emitter to project a reticle on the same focal plane as the optic’s objective lens (similar to the focal plane of an etched reticle in a traditional scope).
    An EoTech isn’t unique because it uses the circle/dot reticle. The use of holograms is what sets it apart. The Vortex Huey is the only other small arms optic that uses holography.
    Projecting a hologram takes more power than using a red dot’s laser emitter. That’s why eotechs have shorter battery lives.

• @kdworak4754
      @kdworak4754 Рік тому +8

Great explanation. 👍

• @TheTyrial86
      @TheTyrial86 Рік тому +1

But the 512 version has like a 20k hour battery life with 2AA

• @kdworak4754
      @kdworak4754 Рік тому +9

@@TheTyrial86 which is bulky AF...

• @user-oq4fh8so4j
      @user-oq4fh8so4j Рік тому +13

⁠@@snafu4405 eotech reticle look “fuzzy” because it is operating differently than a red dot like the Romeo 8T. The fuzziness doesn’t impact shooting because your eye should be focused on the target instead of the reticle. If the fuzziness bothers you it is likely because you are focusing on your the reticle like you would focus your vision on a traditional front sight or scope reticle.
      That’s not a personal attack against you. It is just a common habit that people form because they came up shooting iron sights. I personally had to train through that habit of focusing on the dot like it was my front sight.
      There is no clear cut “this optic is superior than that optic.” It all comes down to personal preferences and functional needs. But it is important for shooting “experts,” salesmen, and professional consumers to be informed of the actual difference between a holographic sight and a red dot.
      I will say that one of the main reasons professionals really like Eotechs is because at this point they are still arguably the best close quarters optic for passive aiming under night vision. However, I’ve heard that Sig’s Romeo 8T does well with night vision too. Again, it is all personal preferences. That’s why there are many different optics on the market to choose from : )

• @user-oq4fh8so4j
      @user-oq4fh8so4j Рік тому +1

@@kdworak4754thanks mate

• @EridanGrey
    @EridanGrey Рік тому +64

From personal experience, Eotech is a great option for cross-eye dominant shooters. Wide window, so with both eyes open you just see the mark on the target, no interference. One exception - transitions in non-dominant eye direction (to the right in my case, I am right hand / left eye dominant). It’s like a 0.2 second delay when pretty wide side profile of the Eotech blocks the line of sight, before you turn your body with the carbine. But I guess right hand / right eye dominant people have the same problem with transitions to the left.

• @Mrlebowski78
      @Mrlebowski78 Рік тому

Why I dot my pistols

• @Bk-vl6sl
      @Bk-vl6sl 11 місяців тому +1

this is the comment i needed! i have the same issue and have been going back and forth for a while trying to decide thanks

• @WiIdbiII
      @WiIdbiII 11 місяців тому +1

So true, as I've just bought my first electronic optic recently and discovered. I'm a Lefty , but am right eye dominant. Eotech does the trick.

• @onpsxmember
      @onpsxmember 11 місяців тому

How close is the Eotech to your eye? The further out it is, the less fov it'll block.

• @Dork_224
    @Dork_224 Рік тому +71

The only reason I don't have an aimpoint is because I like the circle dot style reticle. I have an easier time centering in on a target with the ring

• @randomactsofriding4850
      @randomactsofriding4850 Рік тому +6

Yeah aimpoint needs to step their game up this is why I have been splitting the difference with sig optics Romeo 8t or 4t. Aimpoint is the Glock of red dots never change anything 😂

• @Dork_224
      @Dork_224 Рік тому

@Random Acts Of Riding I have a Holosun aems, but maybe one of these days I'll upgrade to romeo 8 or that promethean LP1 if the reviews are good

• @joshuareed3999
      @joshuareed3999 11 місяців тому

Why does everyone forget the MRO HD? Donut reticle option, dot reticle option, battery life similar to aimpoint with "dot only". Mounts are plentiful.... just sayin

• @kevmoful
      @kevmoful 5 місяців тому

It comes in handy for range estimates as well

• @mikelowe6908
    @mikelowe6908 Рік тому +363

I'd buy another Eotech but I have to buy bread and eggs instead -- FJB.

• @austindiaz6767
      @austindiaz6767 Рік тому +15

Get a chicken

• @jayscott1380
      @jayscott1380 Рік тому +39

He's still gotta buy a chicken, chicken feed, chicken coop, etc. Pretty tough nowadays, I second the motion, FJB

• @jimmylarge1148
      @jimmylarge1148 Рік тому +6

@budget88underrated comment. The small hats have risen while we slept.

• @kevmoful
      @kevmoful Рік тому +2

Amen. I have astigmatism really wish I could use cheap red dots

• @mikelowe6908
      @mikelowe6908 Рік тому +4

@@kevmoful I have a couple swampfox optics, maybe they will help you .. a 1x and a 3x, etched reticle and also illuminated

• @lgdurocher
    @lgdurocher Рік тому +33

I've used both extensively and I love both. Another nice EOTech pro is the bottom of the ring is your hold over for 10 yards & in rather than guessing. It also appears cleaner when magnified to me and for all intents & purposes, truly has no parallax. But currently I run a T2 on my duty rifle. I would trust my life to either and it's really personal preference.

• @peterk814
      @peterk814 Рік тому

Do you mean the top of your ring?

• @cornfedchris58
      @cornfedchris58 Рік тому +13

@@peterk814 no, using the top of the ring would push your muzzle down even further with the height over bore. The easiest way to think of it is mark a dot on the wall and push your sight into it. Your muzzle is below your sight so close up you need to move your muzzle up to counteract it therefore you need to use your bottom ring on the optic

• @liers2va
      @liers2va 2 місяці тому

I saw a video of using a mismatched (Sig I believe) magnifier with the EOTech rather than an EOTech magnifier with the EOTech Optic. Guy claimed to be more clear. Thoughts?

• @roroguapo3
    @roroguapo3 Рік тому +17

I like the T2. The narrow sight picture doesn’t matter much if you’re target focused and both eyes open. Less weight and less distracting to my eye without that circle.

• @stephanarizona9094
    @stephanarizona9094 Рік тому +30

Both are nice but I grew up with EOTech and run EXPS3-0 on everything!

• @heykat18
    @heykat18 Рік тому +12

Another thing to consider is your eyes. I have astigmatism which distorts all red dots, from Aimpoint -Trijicon, the dots get flared. But with Eotech at least for me it doesn't flare the dot.

• @aeromaestro
      @aeromaestro 4 місяці тому +1

I have astigmatism, as well. I did find that using a green dot on my Canik, the “flaring” isn’t as pronounced. Trying any red dot was a battle of futility.

• @sammair2717
    @sammair2717 Рік тому +22

I would say that it comes down to what Garand Thumb mentions at the end of his videos, it doesn’t matter how good the sight is, if you don’t practice with it,

• @Highdell
    @Highdell Рік тому +29

I have switched to EOTech only because of my astigmatism within the last few years. Otherwise, I would probably still use my T2 mainly due to the battery hours. But I really like the EOTech and magnifier setup currently. Plus I have a lot of batteries, so battery power isn't much of an issue.

• @J.Young808
      @J.Young808 Рік тому +4

I have Surefire rechargeable CR123A’s so I can keep my EOTech charged up with a Solar Power battery.

• @Thelocalfriend93
      @Thelocalfriend93 Рік тому +4

I have issues with an astigmatism too. After a little research, I found that prism optics are very forgiving for astigmatisms just like holographics. So I was happy to find we have more options beyond the top shelf stuff

• @fmxmyway
      @fmxmyway Рік тому +1

Is the EO Tech reticle a perfect circle with your astigmatism?

• @jonb2046
      @jonb2046 Рік тому +1

Just picked up an EoTech for this same reason. my Aimpoint is beginning to look like a coma instead of a dot. I havent run the EoTech extensively yet but I am not really seeing much of an improvement during sight in and accuracy testing. The fuzzy nature of the holographic image isn't any better than the slightly blown out dot. If anything, there is more crap around the "larger field of view" to clutter up my sight picture. Where as the Aimpoint body disappears when I am target focused. More time behind the EoTech is defiantly needed before I switch back though.

• @songodan45
      @songodan45 3 місяці тому

Funny… I have astigmatism and I prefer the aimpoint as it is more crisp while the Eotech felt more blurry. Funny how all our eyes pick up the picture so differently.
      Honestly, I think the circle dot is the problem. Too much going on. I may try a dot only Eotech version like Clint here talks about.

• @reliablethreat23
    @reliablethreat23 Рік тому +18

Both are excellent optics. Personally, I prefer the Eotech EXPS3-0 for home defense due to it's large field of view. Also, I like that you can negate height over bore within 25 yards by aiming with the lower tip (6 o'clock position) of the reticle! Helps make precise shots at closer ranges a lot easier!

• @southtexasmayhem5412
      @southtexasmayhem5412 Рік тому +3

Have you ever spent time with the Aimpoint T2? I like both optics, but I totally disagree on this one. The idea behind the T2 is maximizing field of view by taking up as little as possible with the optic body. The complex reticle on the EOTech can be helpful, but that's also training dependent.

• @heyhayhay247
      @heyhayhay247 Рік тому +5

Field of View is irrelevant on reflex sights as you're shooting with both eyes open. Height over bore is going to be max a couple of inches at home defense ranges; unless you're playing "hostage rescue", it's not significant on a man sized target. Lastly, you're changing out that CR123 way more often than the 2032 in the T2 if you're leaving them on like you should. Ya bought the wrong optic.

• @bakedandsteaked
      @bakedandsteaked Рік тому +1

I have made a fool of myself once again

• @scottlantz7842
    @scottlantz7842 Рік тому +19

I call bulls… on Kaya and his comparisons. Different rifles, different ready positions not utilizing multiple results etc.

• @liers2va
      @liers2va 2 місяці тому

He's ran Aimpoint his entire LE career, bought his own...totally agree

• @bradenmchenry995
    @bradenmchenry995 Рік тому +45

If you need extreme battery life get the red dot. The eotech is better in pretty much every other way

• @pamusky3025
      @pamusky3025 Рік тому +3

100% agree

• @ktmcrush2290
      @ktmcrush2290 Рік тому +3

beside durability to

• @-Seager
      @-Seager Рік тому +9

Aimpoint has better durability, battery life, and 1/3 of the weight. Also their customer service is top notch compared to EoTech’s.

• @christ.5258
      @christ.5258 11 місяців тому +5

@@-Seageralso adjusting the aimpoint’s brightness is a lot easier. It's easier to adjust using a knob than pressing buttons in the eotech especially if you wear gloves

• @gro_skunk
      @gro_skunk 6 днів тому

Even then, the Eotech 5xx series take AAs and get 2,500 hours, combined with auto off/on you should get a year of battery life easy, so a pack of 20 AAs gets you 10 years of battery

• @ckkevin9620
    @ckkevin9620 Рік тому +14

T2 all day and twice on Sunday. Battery life is king to me when it comes to red dots.

• @tobiasfunke3357
    @tobiasfunke3357 8 місяців тому +6

Eotech definitely looks the most badass.

• @BRE4CHnCLE4R
    @BRE4CHnCLE4R 6 місяців тому +2

Got both, love both. Eotech is still my favorite. Close in shooting under 10 yards you can use the bottom portion of the ring for your height over bore offset. I like the 1 moa dot for a bit more precision at range and you also can use the reticle to range targets if needed. Its a bit more versatile in general.

• @timnorris5718
    @timnorris5718 Рік тому +14

Both are great sights and so is the Trijicon MRO, which I like better than the Aimpoint. I would love to see a torture test between the T2 and MRO.

• @travithhaley
      @travithhaley Рік тому +2

The MRO is not good

• @timnorris5718
      @timnorris5718 Рік тому +4

@@travithhaley I have 2 MRO’s and have had and used them ever since they came out and they have been outstanding. Aimpoint from the beginning used 6065 aluminum on their T1’s whereas Trijicon has always used 7075 on the MRO, after which Aimpoint switched to 7075 on their T2. Just saying, and everyone I know with MRO’s love them.

• @tobiasfunke3357
      @tobiasfunke3357 8 місяців тому

​@travithhaley They had a few issues when they first came out. The issues have long been fixed. It's a badass duty/combat optic.

• @rjperez2617
    @rjperez2617 Рік тому +5

I used to run a UH-1 Gen 2 because I’m a vortex fan boy for a while, but I ended up selling it and bought an Aimpoint Duty RDS and never going back to a chonky sight

• @neonpaintsplash
    @neonpaintsplash Рік тому +2

Ive kept my Aimpoint on setting 7 for the past 6 years now haven’t turned it off since I bought it

• @southtexasmayhem5412
    @southtexasmayhem5412 Рік тому +3

The T2 is 4.6oz *with* the Scalarworks Lower ⅓ mount. Without a mount attached, it's roughly 3 Oz.

• @ktmcrush2290
      @ktmcrush2290 Рік тому +1

that's what I'm running also a lower 1/3 aimpoint 3xc

• @miles267
      @miles267 10 місяців тому +1

Aimpoint T2 at 1.93 with Scalarworks.

• @jayscott1380
    @jayscott1380 Рік тому +6

I love my eotechs. I use them differently than most, 1 atop my 12 gauge, 1 atop my 20 gauge, both for wing shooting. I can absolutely roll a bird flying using the sight. I'm not so good shooting traditionally with a bead.

• @armedprophet3321
      @armedprophet3321 Рік тому

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to run an EoTech on a shot gun ! ❤❤❤

• @jonathonschram3429
      @jonathonschram3429 6 місяців тому

I run an eotech on my shotgun too!

• @NotTarget
    @NotTarget Рік тому +6

I run both. I prefer my Eotech, but I have a T2 on my NV gun to keep the weight down.

• @brandonmousseau2020
    @brandonmousseau2020 Рік тому +6

Clint must be pissed. Kiya getting to do all this shooting. Great stuff guys. Stay safe.🙏🇺🇲🙏🇺🇲

• @jonb2046
    @jonb2046 Рік тому +2

A note for consideration on the perceived value of EoTech's larger filed of view. In my case, I just picked up an EoTech because my Aimpoint dot is beginning to look like a coma. My initial experience is that there is more crap around the "larger field of view" to clutter up the sight picture. Where as, the Aimpoint body disappears when I am target focused. More time behind the EoTech is defiantly needed before I switch back though.

• @MrCashewkitty
    @MrCashewkitty Рік тому +6

The dudes from Eotech did a good interview on the Live Q or Die podcast

• @sonofnone116
      @sonofnone116 Рік тому +3

Glad im not the only one that watches the Q-cast. Seems everyone else on the internet just hates KB & i still dont know why.

• @liamwhitehouse9428
    @liamwhitehouse9428 9 місяців тому +3

I've got both and the winner for me is the Aimpoint because the dot can get way sharper and finer at low brightness like a pin sharp needle. Also it's battery life is 50,000 hours. The Eotech XPS3 is a totally epic boss but it's 1000 hours battery life, fuzzy reticle and heavy frame makes it hefty to carry on a rail all day or for many hours. If I could only use one in the Zombie Apocalypse I would pick the Aimpoint.

• @ronin_5.453
    @ronin_5.453 Рік тому +4

If Eotech had a 50k battery life and no auto off it would be perfect especially now that they have widely released the single 1 moa dot version of the Eotech. I know per the technology the battery life won’t happen but that’s why I run a lpvo or t2 for my work gun so I can keep it on and know it’ll have a long battery life

• @filipmoravec3685
    @filipmoravec3685 7 місяців тому +1

I just love the way the Eotech looks

• @johngallarini5422
    @johngallarini5422 Рік тому +3

Clint's low ready is a lot lower. It's about the same as mine. Better field of view. But the rifle has to come up further to get on target.

• @Heywoodthepeckerwood
    @Heywoodthepeckerwood 7 місяців тому +1

Ina used eotech since 2003 or so but went over to aimpoint and then Trijicon because I like the idea of it being always on. Switched back to eotech and sold the others. Eotech is better for night vision, better for parallax at distance and is much faster to acquire for me. My favorite is the exps3-4. The hold over bdc is great out to 500 yds.

• @MegaAndy93
    @MegaAndy93 Рік тому +7

Should have included the SIg 8T and 4XT Pro.

• @richardthomas6602
    @richardthomas6602 Рік тому +11

For home defense considerations, the ability to grab, point, and shoot is significantly faster when you don't have to turn on the optic. This feature (shake-awake), in a home defense scenario, is more likely to be critically necessary than an image on a cracked lens.

• @cobalt2010lt
      @cobalt2010lt 9 місяців тому +2

Define significantly. Pushing a button shouldn’t take that long.

• @tobiasfunke3357
      @tobiasfunke3357 8 місяців тому +1

Yeah, I apply the same logic by leaving my safety off. It takes too long during home defense scenarios. /s

• @richardthomas6602
      @richardthomas6602 8 місяців тому +1

​@tobiasfunke3357 don't sacrafice safety, train more.

• @Doublezzranch
    @Doublezzranch Рік тому +6

Got the arm pump in before the video 🤣

• @paulyp9853
    @paulyp9853 Рік тому +3

I like comparison videos. The responses are also great.
    Question: So what do you like better Eotech or Aimpoint?
    Answer: Sig Romeo 5
    But that wasnt the question.
    Yeah I know but I dont own either one and want to type on the internet.

• @cadebevington5913
    @cadebevington5913 11 місяців тому +2

Both of these optics are night vision compatible and the fact that that is not mentioned much in this video makes it incomplete. For passive aiming under night vision, the EXPS3 is significantly better. The low battery life doesn't really come into play in legitimate combat scenarios because they are constantly changing batteries no matter what the battery life is. T2s are still great. super compact and durable with obviously the great battery life. My night stand carbine has a T2 on it, but my dedicated night vision rifle has an EXPS3-0. If you're not shooting night vision, but still want the EOTECH, get an EXPS2. Same great daytime performance and saves you some money.

• @robgallagherx
    @robgallagherx Рік тому +6

Why is no one mentioning Kaya's massive scope cut above his eye?! He's gonna need at least 3 stitches!!!

• @robgallagherx
      @robgallagherx Рік тому +2

I'm guessing while out at the range they shot a bolt action 308 with a scope and Kaya got too close. I've seen this happen to civilians before.

• @shamarbeckham2643
      @shamarbeckham2643 Рік тому +1

He was using a setup that he didn’t configure and the first shot popped him good. I forget which video it was in but it was recent

• @donniek7182
      @donniek7182 Рік тому

How unprofessional.

• @robgallagherx
      @robgallagherx Рік тому

@@donniek7182 He's not a professional. He's just an ex cop. They shoot Glocks at the academy and that's it. Who ever owns the rifle is to blame for not teaching him how to look through a scope. Nice kid did not deserve that scar.

• @zaccarter3801
    @zaccarter3801 Рік тому +2

I’d prefer the eotech but that’s just due to battery life not being a deal breaker. I always have spare batteries for my light and optics. The reticle on eotech feels at home with me so there’s that but I wouldn’t be lying that saving an extra hundred bucks or so with eotech makes it so I can take the optic to the range with enough ammo to zero and run drills. With the difference between the price of the 2. Legitimately don’t think you could go wrong with either. Most are above the needs of the general population, but I agree that we should have equipment that prepares us for situations that are well beyond our preparedness.

• @heyhayhay247
      @heyhayhay247 Рік тому +2

You gonna swap that battery out once a month or wait until your door gets kicked in? The military puts in a new battery before each mission because they plan fights; civilians have fights thrust upon them without warning. T2 all day.

• @johnpush4585
    @johnpush4585 Рік тому +1

I had the choice and got an Aimpoint. I cold only have one so I had to pick durability and battery life. I will have an EOTech for my new build.

• @nosurrender4824
    @nosurrender4824 3 місяці тому

I like the added feature of a second or third dot for longer range.

• @boygonewhoopdataZZ
    @boygonewhoopdataZZ Рік тому +6

Sig Romeo 9t hands down. You get the LED Emitter but without the front signature and you get all of the reticles, including the 65 MOA.

• @jasonduron1289
    @jasonduron1289 5 місяців тому

choose Eotech Exps 3-0 a couple years ago but the last two battery cycles have me regretting; battery died, replaced it & and wouldnt power on, the first time it took about a week (trying different new batteries and second guessing if I hit the nv button by mistake) finally it did power up, this last time its been 2 weeks with no luck, so I will be sending it off for warranty, unfortunately my main squeeze needs something I trust, I wanted to love it, when it works I do, but when it returns its going on my daughters 22 ar, and I’ll be going with a t2

• @PANOPTIC-VIDS
    @PANOPTIC-VIDS 6 місяців тому

I've been running the Vortex Strikefire II red & green dot for years. Even though it's a low budget red dot because it was the only one i could afford at the time. So now i moved on to the EoTech with the 3× Magnifier and i got say I'm Liking it a lot. Gonna have to purchase the Aimpoint some time down the line. For the simple fact I'm Always looking for quick and better performance. Thanks guys for the video and info keep it coming 💪🇺🇸🤘

• @timb8970
    @timb8970 Рік тому +5

For me the short battery life of the eotech takes it out of the race.

• @codyayala6937
    @codyayala6937 7 місяців тому +1

I prefer eotech myself but I shoot just fine an sometimes faster with aimpoint, can't go wrong with either one, it's just personal preference

• @Way2Evl
    @Way2Evl Рік тому +3

Dont know if its been mentioned, but the eotech rifle is highly overgassed. It has 1 o clock ejection making it slightly more difficult in operation. The aimplint rifle is gassed properly aiding to recoil management and operation.

• @erice4611
    @erice4611 Рік тому +1

Try the Aimpoint Duty RDS much better price point then the T2 and yet it’s the same generation led emitter as the T2. Europtic has the best deal on Like New Eotechs.

• @brandonday6153
    @brandonday6153 5 днів тому

I have a M4 Benneli I just bought not sure what I want to go with the Aimpoint or the Ecotech ! Any recommendations?

• @newgeneration7951
    @newgeneration7951 10 місяців тому +1

Aimpoint t2 for the win. Light, durable, crisp dot, practical, battery life. No fuzziness for ppl with astigmatism

• @khann844
    @khann844 Рік тому +4

Can't you have both! We all have more then one AR

• @YdoIneedahandle869
    @YdoIneedahandle869 Рік тому +6

Aimpoint window is too small. Idk why they don’t make a huge window red dot. That would corner the market.

• @J.Young808
      @J.Young808 Рік тому +2

Holosun 512c or 510c

• @YdoIneedahandle869
      @YdoIneedahandle869 Рік тому +1

@@J.Young808 nope

• @neonpaintsplash
      @neonpaintsplash Рік тому +2

If you shoot both eyes open it’s a non-issue in my opinion

• @SunshineHB
      @SunshineHB 11 місяців тому

@@neonpaintsplashexactly. If you’re target focused it literally doesn’t matter. You could put the front cap on and still hit targets without even looking through the objective glass

• @StepOne
    @StepOne Рік тому

really like when its the both of u guys in the videos.

• @chaosworldwideco
    @chaosworldwideco 10 місяців тому

You forgot to mention what the ring is used for in eotech. If you zero the eotech the way the company says to, you can then use different parts of the ring and lines in the reticle for specific distances. So when you start talking about easier acquiring of the dot and changing distances frequently or quickly, wouldn't eotech be superior?

• @mseker66
    @mseker66 2 місяці тому

What are those muzzle breaks on those AR-15s? They kind of look like suppressors which looks cool.

• @marktisdale7935
    @marktisdale7935 Рік тому +1

For my personal use I am going with an aimpoint, because I am paying for batteries. If Uncle Sam was still buying I would go with a EOTech.

• @Neomet010
    @Neomet010 Рік тому +2

IMHO the most nonsensical discussion on a red dot/holo rifle optic has to be FOV. If you have both eyes open you essentially have 180 degrees FOV no matter which optic you use. This isn't your 10X scope. :-) The only value I have ever had with a large window is shooting in some really awkward position where I can't get a good mount.

• @michaelhodges8312
    @michaelhodges8312 Рік тому +2

Love my Aimpoint red dots! Got rid of the Eotech and replaced it with an Aimpoint Comp M4S. Added a T-2 and ACOG RCO M4CP for my other AR’s as well. All three, Comp M4S, T-2, and the ACOG are top notch!
    I do nothing but return to zero Larue mounts on all my AR’s. There’s nothing better.

• @jchew009
    @jchew009 Рік тому

Would you recommend either 1 of these optics for a semi automatic shotgun? Tactical purposes?

• @scottparks4832
    @scottparks4832 8 місяців тому

I like the eotech outer ring however I think your just as good with the red dot because what ive noticed with my eotech is my eye wants to find the dot in the middle like a red dot.

• @redrichpader4572
    @redrichpader4572 Рік тому +1

Where did you buy the heatguard? Keep up the work guys

• @seang1032
    @seang1032 Рік тому +4

Fact #1 The t2 is more durable and a better option for the average person for a home defense gun because the battery life and in a stressful scenario you dont need to turn the dot on.
    Now, I love the scalarworks leap mount but it's meant to be lightweight. Although it's still strong, cutting weight reduces the durability. I'd be willing to bet the aimpoint t2 riser/mount that comes with the t2 is much more durable.....I think. Hahaha. This is my theory but I've never tested it. I'd love to see some torture tests with adm's t2 mount, scalarworks, aimpoint oem mount, etc. Let's get it going!!!

• @Mother-Company
      @Mother-Company Рік тому +1

Agreed. T2 on bedside rifle. I like the Eotech on a rifle that would allow time to turn on the optic.

• @corydailey1486
    @corydailey1486 Рік тому +3

HOLOSUN/Sig Romeo series. Beat the H out of them. Thrown, Stepped on, impacted into hard surfaces. Still holding zero and going strong for 1/4 yo 1/3 the price.
    PA micro prism. I did the same as above with same results.
    The above have been proving themselves now for years. No longer need to overpay for a label.

• @Exod365
    @Exod365 2 місяці тому

So why did you leave the Vortex out of this? I like the etched redicle red dot by vortex

• @stanmarkus8927
    @stanmarkus8927 Рік тому +1

I’ve never had an issue with my Aimpoint. My Eotech quit and they wanted about $100 to fix it.

• @erice4611
    @erice4611 3 місяці тому

Trijicon MRO Red dot or Aimpoint Comp M4 is my 2 favorites!

• @85Sirex
    @85Sirex 9 місяців тому

While both may be excellent, for ME, I shoot better, and faster with the circle/dot of the EOTech, than a singular red dot. Even if the dot gets lost in scanning for a target, or if the target center is a red bullseye, I can still rely on the circle to keep me on target. Also better for my astigmatism, and I prefer the look, and larger window of my EO.

• @jakevoss1980
    @jakevoss1980 9 місяців тому +2

Having owned and run optics from both companies, I will gladly spend the $ and get the aimpoint

• @porroco
    @porroco 10 місяців тому

I always wonder, can you choose your load out on a mission like i would like to use mp7 with eotech front grip and suppresor or rattler with all the goodies

• @paraklash8912
    @paraklash8912 Рік тому +1

Could an EXPS3 clear over a DBAL D2 or is a riser necessary to clear it to maintain sight picture ? Could a riser with the EXPS be to high to maintain sight picture with back up iron sights ?

• @Heywoodthepeckerwood
      @Heywoodthepeckerwood 7 місяців тому

I have an exps3 on my no gun with a peq15 and it does clear without a riser.
      As for your second question. Depends on the hight of the riser you choose. I don’t know if there are risers small enough to still get a 1/3 cowitness with buis.

• @J.Young808
    @J.Young808 Рік тому

I have mostly red dots but I agree with Clint if SHTF/WROL I’ll grab my EOTech and my rechargeable 123a’s.

• @maj.kamper9314
    @maj.kamper9314 Рік тому

Euro optic sometimes sells “demo” eotech’s for 100-150 off. Almost like blem lowers. But all the reviews on them are 5 star. I just bought 2 one fde and one black.

• @byronnlangley
    @byronnlangley 11 місяців тому +1

I don’t think the T2 is as popular as the PRO, when I was on the force I used both the PRO and the Eotech. I think they are both great but I think I like the Eotech maybe a hair better but they are both awesome.

• @jasonmeehan6080
    @jasonmeehan6080 4 місяці тому +1

Kaya’s low ready is the highest I’ve ever seen and would not fly in competition.

• @projectj3494
    @projectj3494 14 днів тому

Their low ready’s are very dif.. Clint has traditional low ready and other guy has high ready?

• @therealjohnsmith4811
    @therealjohnsmith4811 Рік тому +3

Pick one and train with it.

• @kevinwideman344
    @kevinwideman344 Рік тому +3

I’ve used both of them and I personally like the Vortex red dots . Either the Vortex strike fire , spitfire 2, or the spark. You also can’t beat the warranty.

• @KrishnaMusicc
    @KrishnaMusicc Рік тому +2

I don't know how you guys have a video for literally every gun question ever lmao. Every time I search the most niche question about firearms you always have a video on it.

• @jbarres80
    @jbarres80 Рік тому

I looked thru Eotech and it was really fuzzy I’ve been using red dots so I’ll probably stick to them and grab Aimpoint RDS

• @thadsmith9226
    @thadsmith9226 Місяць тому

What suppressors are you running on the two rifles

• @maroonblood151
    @maroonblood151 8 місяців тому

Eotech has the EXPS3-1 if you want a single dot without the ring. It would be more comparable to the Aimpoint T2

• @s_u_b_z_e_r_0896
    @s_u_b_z_e_r_0896 Рік тому +2

It wouldn’t be classic firearms without Kaya and Clint the two best duo 👍🏽🇺🇸

• @COMMANDERHAWK22
    @COMMANDERHAWK22 Рік тому

can you guys do a video on the lead and steel promethean would love to see your take on that

• @chltmdwp
    @chltmdwp Рік тому +2

Should not they have used the same gun to test this?

• @T1mothy187
    @T1mothy187 Рік тому +1

This video couldn't have come at a better time, for me.

• @pyeitme508
    @pyeitme508 Рік тому +2

Why not both?

• @reddragon6026
    @reddragon6026 17 днів тому

What’s going to break first? Well, for sure the bank!

• @josecobos6105
    @josecobos6105 10 місяців тому

So.... whatever you train with is best?

• @davidgaines8607
    @davidgaines8607 Рік тому +2

I don't care if my optic shoots the weapon for me. If i physically have to switch it on after picking the weapon up .... Dealbreaker. I mean how outdated is that ? Also i can't afford night vision.

• @Tacticool_Mutton_Chops
    @Tacticool_Mutton_Chops Рік тому +2

One of the things I learned from pistol red dots is that a simple dot is a lot easier to track through recoil. Of course, it's way bigger of a deal on a slide ride pistol then a rifle, but I always preferred the simple dot for the clear sight picture and ability to easily track the streaking pattern during recoil.

• @KevinWood44
    @KevinWood44 10 місяців тому

Can the EO Tech be run on a 1.9" mount like I run my Aimpoint?

• @markjordan1765
    @markjordan1765 Рік тому +1

Eotech hands down. Semper Fi

• @MrSpyster
    @MrSpyster 11 місяців тому

Please list the name of the heat guard sleeve on the all black M4. It seemed to fit perfectly around that vertical grip. Looks amazing. Great comparison guys

• @Mmmmbbbbaaaaakkkuuu
      @Mmmmbbbbaaaaakkkuuu 11 місяців тому

Either a lunar concepts hot pocket, or burn proof gear rail wrap

• @w_stew8912
    @w_stew8912 Рік тому +1

When’s that scope scratch gonna heal, Kaya??!!

• @Bad_Rattle
    @Bad_Rattle Рік тому +2

Have both, love both😁

• @NoobAtThisStuff
    @NoobAtThisStuff Рік тому

Its funny everytime he says 3-4 rounds he fires 5 , then says 5 rounds he fires 6 😂 good video… eotech all day

• @vprkonig8429
    @vprkonig8429 Рік тому

I’d like to see a comparison of the two optics on the same stock rifle.

• @ZX-es9zw
    @ZX-es9zw Рік тому +2

As a guy who likes less weight and bulk, definitely the Aimpoint.
    As a guy who likes not paying $800 for an optic, the Holosun 503 or 403 clones are the best choices

• @joshuareed3999
      @joshuareed3999 11 місяців тому

I agree. I'm still in the camp of folks that don't want to trust Holosun, but I own quite a few of them from pistol sights to rifle sights, etc so not sure why that is. Not one of them has ever failed, but under serious use, I would still default to an eotech or aimpoint- drawing on the endless hours of problem-free use in "real" conditions. My aversion to totally trusting Holosun is fading, but I'm also not depending on my optics the way others might be. If I can hit a steel target with relative consistency every few months, my optic has done its job.

• @heyhayhay247
    @heyhayhay247 Рік тому +2

Do you like heavy optics? Do you like buying batteries? Do want to spend 2 or 3 times as much for half the features? Do you tell your friends "I'm definitely buying night vision soon" year after year? Than do we have the holographic optic for you!

• @your_average_enthusiast
      @your_average_enthusiast Рік тому

Fixed carry handle iron sight master race!!! Ultimate durability, no batteries, no extra money, infinity sex appeal!

• @ExpertInsight018
    @ExpertInsight018 Рік тому +1

What brand and model of the black gun?

• @methylmania
    @methylmania 8 місяців тому

My eyes suck so I went with the eotech exps3. I looked at the aimpoint and like other tube red dots it's like literally looking down a toilet paper tupe. I have a hard time with tubes. My acog serves me well also.

• @bearrage80
    @bearrage80 8 місяців тому +1

I own both. T2 all day. The Eotech is heavy as $hit