Taylormade P770 vs Titleist T150

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 17 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 33

• @WilliamCurran-d6v
    @WilliamCurran-d6v 10 місяців тому +7

I was purely a Titleist iron guy until I got fitted and walked out with the P770. What he didn't point out is that the reason the T150 is "longer" or on par with the 770 in terms of length is that it has a much stronger launch angel than the 770. In other reviews, the 770 was as long if not longer than the 150. The P770 has a more classic launch angle for the iron similar to the T100, but benefits from its hallow body and technology meaning higher spin, trajectory and stopping power into the green. Anyway, being a low-handicapper in my mid 50s I need an iron that I can use for the rest of my life. The P770 for me, provides a bit more forgiveness with the power I am losing as I get older. The T150 ended up being my second choice and is a fantastic iron, it just didn't perform as well for me at the fitting. You can't go wrong with either choice. Good luck!

• @AFGOLFSTORE
      @AFGOLFSTORE  10 місяців тому +1

100% both a great irons

• @MABirkeland
    @MABirkeland 11 місяців тому +5

I bought the T150 5-PW the day they were released. Since August I’ve shot my career round. Most forgiving irons I’ve ever played. Love your video! Great review!

• @AFGOLFSTORE
      @AFGOLFSTORE  11 місяців тому +1

Love this! Great job and thanks for the kind words

• @lkae4
      @lkae4 10 місяців тому

T150 might be the one iron to rule them all for us amateurs. ZX7 is up there too but the topline is a bit chunky. Upcoming Ping Blueprint S already causing a ruckus on tour. It's the only possible threat I see.

• @malcolmosborne6765
      @malcolmosborne6765 2 місяці тому +1

Grandson was fitted by Titiest, through the entire T150 set spot on ,fitter said he struck the ball so well with all the T150 irons mixed set not considered. Grandad treat T150, p w to 4 iron he' loves em, fitted shafts,grips, many thanks to the fitter, N E England.

• @jimblazina935
    @jimblazina935 9 місяців тому +3

I got fit for both and bought the P 770. I loved the T100 but to me the T150 had a different feel. Almost like I could feel the ball sandwiched in between the two pieces of tungsten. Much heavier and chunkier than the T100. The P 770 had a much more uniform feel across the face, albeit not that really solid //thunk the T150 puts out. Looks are subjective but honestly both look great to me. I could care less about sound, when you pure a P770 the feeling is absolutely awesome.

• @davidfinn9828
    @davidfinn9828 Місяць тому +2

the t 150 is supposed to be a better player iron as is the p770 so for better players consistent yardage is key ,if you were being truthful you would say the p770 is the better iron on front to back carry , left to right is all player error mate

• @paulbutler5052
    @paulbutler5052 10 місяців тому +1

Would love to know the distance comparison p790 to t150
    I play the p790’s and was thinking of changing to t150 … i love my gapping at the moment so I’d love to know so my wedges and hybrids are gapped in seamlessly

• @iammthekingable
      @iammthekingable 8 місяців тому +1

You’ll lose a lot of distance, but you’ll gain control if you are consistent. I went from p790 to p770 and now I’m switching to the t150s. The p790 is a lot further than the t150

• @darrinlygrisse5287
    @darrinlygrisse5287 6 місяців тому +1

When I was fitted, these ended up being the 2 best performers. T150 edged it out based on spin rates being slightly higher for me. Which I needed. Both great clubs.

• @AFGOLFSTORE
      @AFGOLFSTORE  6 місяців тому

They’re both class but T150 are great choice 😍

• @Lee-kb3lw
    @Lee-kb3lw 5 місяців тому +1

I hit both and the 770 has a massive head and the top line was so thick. That was something I could not get past. If you are looking for a more forgiving club the 770 is for you, if you are looking for a better performance club them the Titleist probably would be the choice.

• @davet5780
      @davet5780 3 місяці тому +1

Sure you didn't try the P790? 770 and 150 are similar in size.

• @uhhRadL
    @uhhRadL 6 місяців тому

What iron would you recommend for a 7 handicap that is getting better quickly but needs to upgrade from taylormade m2 tours? Looking at these two, t200s, and curious about any other recommendations

• @AFGOLFSTORE
      @AFGOLFSTORE  6 місяців тому

T200s are great Srixon Zx7 are great, MP245 mizuno fantastic, it really is what the ball needs not the handicap

• @anderman1970
    @anderman1970 6 місяців тому

Play the original P770 but was never fit for them, looking at the T150’s, the slightly larger size compared to the T100 is very appealing. Would have loved you to equalise the lofts to give a better comparison, still great review and definitely food for thought.

• @heatwave5360
    @heatwave5360 Місяць тому

Nobody will every love taylormade as much as me, ive been with them ever since buying the very first p790, but getting into the p770s as a lower handicap amateur is probably one of the harder things ive done. Taylormade irons really dont emphasize the feel of the club, I rarely know if a shot from the iron comes out of the toe or straight out the face. however, after trying the titleist t150s and t100s I can say that as a lighter iron, it does carry that feel and distance and workability that I want my irons to have. Will rock the titleists proudly with my taylormade driver and headcovers in the bag!

• @AFGOLFSTORE
      @AFGOLFSTORE  Місяць тому

Always difficult to switch from what you love but that’s a decent switch! Enjoy them 👍🏻

• @marcoscado5478
    @marcoscado5478 4 місяці тому +1

Which one is more forgiving? 10 handicapper here…

• @AFGOLFSTORE
      @AFGOLFSTORE  4 місяці тому +1

Good question! Purely on opinion I’d say 770. Both smaller heads but had more success off the 6/10 strikes… maintained ball speeds etc. but it’s purely subjective 👍🏻

• @davet5780
      @davet5780 3 місяці тому

I'm off 18 and play the P770s (5-PW) with no trouble.

• @davet5780
      @davet5780 3 місяці тому

...when I say "...with no trouble" it's relative to an 18 handicapper 🙂 I don't always hit them straight, but I do usually hit the middle of the face. They go the same distance as my Mizuno Pro 225s despite the weaker loft. P770 7i and 225 7i both carry 155yds despite the 770 being 3 degrees weaker.

• @dobermanownerforlife3902
    @dobermanownerforlife3902 9 місяців тому +1

Just got an iron fitting today.
    Yup. T150s.
    +3/4. Project X 6.5. -2 lie. Midsize grips.
    They were truely the best swinging iron of all the brands. This is coming from a taylormade guy.

• @john-uc8zb
    @john-uc8zb 7 місяців тому +2

p770 weaker lofts not a fare compareson on distance

• @ashleywalker2774
    @ashleywalker2774 8 місяців тому

T150 stronger loft

• @6565hopepy
    @6565hopepy 5 місяців тому +2

Of course t150 more powerful with strong loft