New in Box HP Elitebook 6930P - CPU upgrade T9900

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 4 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 13

• @mss2981
    @mss2981 7 місяців тому +1

As I mentioned in your opening video, I have this laptop and I have opted for t9600 to upgrade the default p8600. The improvement is not so noticeable for the SSD, however it is the most economical. 10 usd t9600 while t9900 almost 40.
    To replace the cpu, you need to remove the fan and then the heatsink. You have to remove the screws that are behind and on the side of the battery, first, since it is mandatory to remove the panel that is above the keyboard, the one where the touch buttons are. The thermal paste only goes in the processor while the GPU and chipset have thermal pads.

• @askjeevescosby2928
    @askjeevescosby2928 8 місяців тому +1

If you upgrade the processor make sure to check and see if it is running at its full speed. If it isn't ypu may need to get a new higher watt power supply. I put a i7 720qm in my old hpdv7 3100. It would run at 900mhz and the computer ran slow as dirt. New powersupply and it's super speedy now.

• @thetankrodriguezshow5434
    @thetankrodriguezshow5434 7 місяців тому

Thanks! lol

• @essentialone1
    @essentialone1 6 місяців тому

is the hp EliteBook 2760p- gpu and CPU upgradeable.

• @INAN12356
    @INAN12356 7 місяців тому +1

Question: how should I run the laptop? Battery attached while wall power connected or battery removed with wall power? If I don't attach the battery and wall power it all the time while using will that damage the laptop? I plan to use it for a lot of dvd playing that I have and cd burning. Music library

• @AICvideo
      @AICvideo  7 місяців тому +2

Plugged into the wall, no battery is just fine. If your battery is dead (like mine is) then you're actually creating a small fire risk by having it plugged in. Take it to get recycled. You will not damage anything by using it off wall power. That's how I use all my old laptops since their batteries are toast, and not worth getting repaired.

• @INAN12356
      @INAN12356 7 місяців тому +1

@AICvideo thank u sir 4 ur lightning response 🙏

• @iamsemjaza
    @iamsemjaza 7 місяців тому

18650s have a pressure relief valve.

• @prawny12009
      @prawny12009 7 місяців тому

If you open the casing you could well recharge each pair cells back to full capacity.
      If you are careful to charge them little by little to keep voltage faulty balanced the bcm might allow the battery pack to function again.
      Often they lock themselves and even sometimes burn out a physical fuse.
      The fuse can be bridged and software can be unlocked (expensive tools and subscriptions required)

• @kylenorris9585
    @kylenorris9585 8 місяців тому +1

Why are you using 32bit? you can go 8gb and 64bit Windows especially with the T9900

• @AICvideo
      @AICvideo  8 місяців тому

Because I used the original install disks ot make sure everything was working. It's not a laptop I plan on using with any regularity, so I was making it easy on myself.

• @prawny12009
      @prawny12009 7 місяців тому +1

Pick up a x64 install media, your coa doesn't care if you are installing x86 or x64.
      I try to use OEM versions of os media so that the bios keys activate anyway, saves messing around typing in coa keys.
      Comes in handy when loading xp x64 machines because xp activation servers are off now afaik.

• @prawny12009
    @prawny12009 7 місяців тому

Lack of 2d vsync /hardware acceleration is the reason i speed using xp x64.
    Screen tearing watching dvds etc was annoying me.