=============================
    🤓 Follow Me:
    Twitter: / imkofiyeboah
    Instagram: / imkofiyeboah
    🎵 Music:
    Try Artlist today ➡ artlist.io/artlist-70446/?art...
    Get AUDIIO For 70% OFF YOUR FIRST YEAR ➡ audiio.com/kofi CODE: KOFI
    unlimited music + sound effects with my code KOFI
    Tunetank | Free Music for Creators (Get 20% Off Pro Plan) ➡ tunetank.com/?via=kofi
    Try Artlist today ➡ artlist.io/artlist-70446/?art...
    Get AUDIIO For 70% OFF YOUR FIRST YEAR ➡ audiio.com/kofi CODE: KOFI
    unlimited music + sound effects with my code KOFI
    Tunetank | Free Music for Creators (Get 20% Off Pro Plan) ➡ tunetank.com/?via=kofi
    📜 Affiliate Disclosure:
    Some of the links used in the description will direct you to Amazon, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
  • Фільми й анімація

КОМЕНТАРІ • 61

• @zaymax_7
    @zaymax_7 Рік тому +36

f stops is about the size of the iris in relation to focal length. t stops is the light transmitted through the lens

• @visionaryentertainment1431
      @visionaryentertainment1431 Рік тому +7

lol just comes to show these videos are all bs lol its suppose to be informative and u over here correcting him lmao

• @georgestuart7314
      @georgestuart7314 8 місяців тому

@@visionaryentertainment1431 It's not correcting him though. This is just adding more context on how f-stops measure light transmission compared to t-stops. That doesn't change the fact that t-stops are more precise at measuring how much light is hitting the sensor.

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  7 місяців тому +2

@@georgestuart7314 it’s the internet, trying to respond to folx sometimes is a fools errand

• @modernmusicstudio303
    @modernmusicstudio303 Рік тому +2

Very good video!! Showing the differences between certain settings is super helpful!!

• @moormediashots
    @moormediashots Рік тому +3

Love the content bro! The videos are clean! Keep it up!

• @Adam.Hughes
    @Adam.Hughes Рік тому +9

Love this video and really appreciate your take on the two different use cases. I've been considering a cine lens for a while, alongside renting the 50mm GM a couple of times. The 50mm f1.2 is so good that it's boring and feels like it's easy to be lazy with it. Keep thinking a cine lens will keep me engaged more when doing client work, but your insight makes me think I should actually reserve such things for personal projects.
    Food for thought, thank you Kofi! New subscriber here.

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +2

It just helps when you’re small crew/ solo op , I LOVE Cine lenses , but like can I shoot a Gymshark campaign running around shooting manual on a 3-4 person crew ? Yes, but my back would be broken ahah , I just default to nice AF glass because it makes life smoother

• @Adam.Hughes
      @Adam.Hughes Рік тому +1

@@KofiYeboah yep, I totally understand that feeling! I have done films with manual focus only, and it’s a real pain in the bum!
      Just lining up to start my first doc and was thinking on going anamorphic for it. But your sensible take makes me now wanna stick to what I know for now!

• @MarcosElMalo2
      @MarcosElMalo2 Рік тому

@@KofiYeboah Really good point about a small crew. You really want someone to pull focus on a manual lens.

• @MarcosElMalo2
      @MarcosElMalo2 Рік тому +1

@@Adam.Hughes Best of luck on your upcoming project. I think you will find that you CAN do it all, but that in the future you’ll really really want a competent first AC. (And it really doesn’t hurt to diplomatically ask the producer. It’s in their interest, too.)

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

@@MarcosElMalo2 I tried to working with athleisure brands , and I get hired mostly cause I’ll shoot handheld and I’m not afraid to sprint and shuffle around getting shots , but trying to pull manual focus on a 75% sprint on an fx6 no easyrig , god bless ya 😂

• @samireivinen
    @samireivinen Рік тому +1

Nice comparison! Can you achieve cine prime / leica R look with Sony glass if you add glimmerglass etc in front of the lens or is it still different?

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому

I’ve tried it! Still looks different I’ll be honest

• @kladovka_egora
    @kladovka_egora 7 місяців тому +1

Good idea to check both of this lens together, thank you bro!

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  7 місяців тому

You’re welcome 🙌🏾

• @CarloTimothy
    @CarloTimothy Рік тому +7

I’m rocking GMasters for most things. And I bust out my cine-modded Leica R set when I want to achieve “that look”

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +2

The Leica Rs are *chefs kiss* . I had a set while I had the Red Komodo for a while and they’re so nicr

• @markooi
    @markooi Рік тому +3

Have you tried the dzofilm Cattas? As attracted as I am to the vespids, a zoom would be far more appropriate for my purpose (filming my kids who would never wait for me to move about and compose).

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

I haven’t yet! But I plan to !

• @mcgreevs24
    @mcgreevs24 Рік тому +1

Such a great video. Much appreciated!

• @ilyaminin
    @ilyaminin Рік тому +1

And what do you think about the Samyang VDSLR? I want to buy it, but I don't know how good they are in real use, for example, smooth focus...

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

Honestly I’ve never even seen one up close so I wouldn’t know (yet)

• @alejandrovd4497
    @alejandrovd4497 Рік тому +1

I recently buy a 50mm dzo but the adapter that I use for my FX6 ( EF to E) crop the image a lot, could you tell me what adapter do you have? thanks man

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому

I just used k&f one but get the dzo one !

• @LoremIpsumProd
    @LoremIpsumProd Рік тому

Hey Kofi, it seems that you have a Sigma 24-70, I wonder if it is possible to shoot commercial stuff with and that forgo the Sony 50 1.2 GM (and go straight to DZO?)

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

You could ! I actually did one for the YMCA ( A Canadian gym chain in Canada), I post some work every few weeks, and that'll be next!

• @LoremIpsumProd
      @LoremIpsumProd Рік тому

@@KofiYeboah thanks. While the GM seems to be a technical wonder, I just don’t feel much with it (and the GM2). And I guess most people don’t notice if I use the Sigma Art anyway!

• @CaedanMay
    @CaedanMay Рік тому +1

Been enjoying your stuff man! Now I need to figure out how to buy an fx6😂

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

Ahah put your order in
      Step 2: pray haha

• @CaedanMay
      @CaedanMay Рік тому

@@KofiYeboah emphasis on the prayer haha

• @jt422
    @jt422 Рік тому +2

A-Roll lighting in the new spot is absolutely MINT

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому

Thanks ! I moved apartments haha

• @redbeardproductions-kevind9806
    @redbeardproductions-kevind9806 11 місяців тому +1

I either use my Meike full frame cine lenses or my vintage Super-Takumars...

• @accooper97
    @accooper97 Рік тому +5

I think with all their lenses, if you want clean, sharp, and neutral, Sony glass is the way to go. Like you said, G-masters pay the bills.

• @kellymerrellfilms
    @kellymerrellfilms Рік тому

"...not at a desk with a bunch of RGB lights behind me..."
    Shots fired! :D

• @MarcosElMalo2
    @MarcosElMalo2 Рік тому +5

I like this review/comparison but I think you missed a couple of important things. If you’re doing professional cinematography, you’re using a SET of primes, and those primes have to be matched by the manufacturer to have similar and consistent characteristics. So you can’t really compare a 50mm to a 50mm. You have to compare a matched set to a matched set. And a matched set of primes is bare minimum of three lens up to eight or nine. Maybe even more for special circumstances. Why is this important? Because unmatched lenses can cause extra work and extra headaches in post. They got enough problems. Also, you don’t want them to blame delays on fixing your problems.
    If you’re not a pro or just getting started (and not wealthy in either case), you’re stuck with buying one or two lenses at a time. If you’re buying from a store with a physical location, you should do lens tests with chip charts to at least try to match lenses. (And this is why you should buy from brick and mortar venders if you can. They should have a prep area where you can set up your test.)
    And if you are going to DP a feature film, be sure to tell the producer or UPM early on that 1) you don’t have a matched set, so they need to rent a set, 2) you have a set you matched yourself, so they might want to rent a matched set, or 3) you have a manufacturers matched set, so they don’t need to rent, but that’s why you’re charging them more for your package rental. 😄
    If any of you viewers are not at or near this point, disregard for now. You’re probably making shorts and doing your own post, and you can deal with color issues yourself instead of making it someone else’s problem. Just keep doing what you’re doing. At some point in your career you can trade your piecemeal set of lenses in for a matched prime set (or just keep relying on rental sets-there’s no shame in that, just less income from your kit rental).
    Sorry this was so long! I hope the comment is useful and not too out of scope for the audience here.

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

Thanks for that ! And appreciate the feedback! I will say knowing that , I try to read the room a bit in regards to audiences; at least mine. Most people here don’t have the means to buy a set of cinema lenses and go one at a time , but I’ve also frequently used both 50mm and wanted to answer the question of WHY someone would do that , I do love going to my local rental shops prep area to test out gear beforehand and encourage people do everything you said ! In the context of the video though , it kinda served as a general starting point ( without making this video 25 minutes that know one will watch haha)

• @MarcosElMalo2
      @MarcosElMalo2 Рік тому +3

@@KofiYeboah I guess my comment wasn’t valid criticism, but I hope it was useful for others! ☺️

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому +1

@@MarcosElMalo2 no it’s great information man ! Especially when people make that jump ! I’m sure it helped people

• @jeltedj74
      @jeltedj74 Рік тому

@@MarcosElMalo2 It’s great critisism, more than anyone could’ve asked for! Keep spreading your knowledge!

• @qtben17
    @qtben17 Рік тому

Im on the vintage glass. I already have super sharp sigma art lens set so im in the “character” spectrum lately

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  Рік тому

Everyone at some point needs to have that variety ✊🏾

• @flexpression
    @flexpression Рік тому +1

I’m waiting for cinema lens with auto focus

• @DanIvanson
    @DanIvanson Рік тому +4

The RGB lights behind 💀

• @Francescofilmmaker
    @Francescofilmmaker 6 місяців тому

got a set of vespids on the way, 16,25,40,50,75,90 macro. I messaged dzo and i'm doing some content so i got them cheaper hehehe

• @KofiYeboah
      @KofiYeboah  6 місяців тому

that’s an amazing kit 🔥🔥🫡

• @lnz971
    @lnz971 3 місяці тому

now with dji focus pro cine lenses are way more sexy

• @YourStoryStudios
    @YourStoryStudios Рік тому +1

I’m team Sony 😉

• @Lu-cho
    @Lu-cho Рік тому +1

Cinema lens looks like they are wayyyy old from dinosaurs
    They ALWAYS talk about how looks and smells... NOTHING SPECIAL, NOTHING ELSE. . . WHAT THE NEW LENSES WITH AUTOFOCUS CAN DO.
    Everyone says they love cinema lens because is manual and ALL OF THEM the have a device to control the autofocus.
    $$$cinema lens +
    $$$$control autofocus +
    $$$$$ control zoom
    For the same result or just tiny differences no one ca see it.
    Because it's cinema lens and looks good amd they can charge more than regular lenses.