Longterm Review Triumph Bonneville T100 ac -Vs- Triumph Bonneville T120!

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 22 бер 2018
  • This video compares the old air cooled T100 with the new Liquid cooled T120. are they really so different? please note. comparison is of stock none modified machines!
    PATREON. / stuartfillingham
  • Авто та транспорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 270

• @rtroiani
    @rtroiani 2 роки тому +12

This video resonates with me. My recently acquired 2011 T100 is my 21st bike in 40 years of riding, and first Triumph. I’ve had Honda, Suzuki, BMW and others as well as enduro to cruiser to cafe to touring. However the T100 just makes me smile every time and I believe because as you said, bike have become too much, and the throw back style and riding position brings me back to my no frills 80’s Suzuki GS450. Hop on and ride.

• @gmcq1444
    @gmcq1444 5 років тому +10

Well stated sir. " Throw on a bike jacket a pair of gloves and a helmet and you're on your way." This is what we've forgotten. Time to get back at it.

• @EDCtexan
      @EDCtexan 2 місяці тому

That's what it needs to get back to I shouldn't need a pilot license to ride it

• @davidledward3141
    @davidledward3141 5 років тому +6

I have watched many UA-cam presentations over the years and have to say Stuart's are simply the best I have had the pleasure to watch. Simplistic, honest, informative and to the point. I am currently thinking about to returning to biking after many years and researching the marketplace for a bike best suited to me. Stuart has convinced me the Bonneville is that bike, in fact his T100 is the identical bike I have been looking at. Thank you for your assistance and will continue watching for the pay day customisation of the bike.

• @swhedge71
    @swhedge71 6 років тому +4

Thank you Stuart! Your reviews and videos are splendid! Your subtle demeanor and approach to your experiences on the motorcycle makes a pleasant adventure and experience for those who watch. I personally, thoroughly enjoy every moment, from start up, to riding, to your personal reviews and comments, views of the local sceneries, and your conclusions of the subject of your video. You are the epitome and envy of all true motorcyclists! Thank you for your time and effort in everything you do! -Steve-

• @stuartfillingham
      @stuartfillingham  6 років тому

Wow! thank you Steve! I dont know what to say, except you are very welcome sir and thank you for watching!

• @virgin26
    @virgin26 6 років тому +8

I have a brand new 2018 T100 on loan from triumph while my t120 was having an annual service, let me tell you I was blown away with the grunt it has so much power in all the gears, It nearly pulled my arms off. As for my my bike they did an update on on the engine and now it won’t start so now they are waiting on info from triumph, we now have technicians instead of mechanics.

• @curthott1317
    @curthott1317 4 роки тому +1

I’ve been following your videos since I found my 2006 Bonneville last spring. Your recommendations on parts and updates have been very helpful.
    My doctor had me sell my old 73 Trident after my back went out about 8 years ago. The newer T100 has renewed the spirit of the 60’s in this old boy.
    Thanks Stuart!

• @Gambial
    @Gambial 5 років тому +7

This was just what I needed to hear! I'm deciding between the bonneville models. Thanks!

• @UtubeVideo196
    @UtubeVideo196 6 років тому +1

Another excellent video...well done Stuart. I purchased my brand new 2015 T100 having fallen in love with it on visiting the local dealer purely on a tyre-kicking exercise. I simply had to have it, and the various videos on UA-cam ensured I felt well informed as to what I was getting into. I knew that a new model was just around the corner but I could not resist buying this bike and just a few hours later was riding it out the store. I work overseas so only get a few weeks at a time to enjoy it, and nothing wipes the huge grin off my faces! On a recent break I popped back to the local dealer to have a good look at the T120 with the 6th gear, larger engine and improved fuel consumption uppermost on my mind. It was a short inspection, as I quickly realised there was absolutely no reason to fork out the extra cash. Plus the interest that my current bike received from customers and staff alike made me appreciate it even more. You hit it on the head where the T100 is more than up to the task. It’s a fun bike, and one that fills me with immense pride. It’s definitely a keeper!

• @jayglen3071
    @jayglen3071 6 років тому +5

Hello Stuart,
    Another interesting video! I always look forward to your videos my friend, and find them very well produced! Keep up the great work! I love my 2017 T120, but really still getting to know her! I’m 70 years young and just started riding again after 40+ years! Take care!

• @stuartfillingham
      @stuartfillingham  6 років тому +1

Well done Jay good to hear that you have got back on two wheels< far better than just wishing you had! thanks for watching sir and for your comment!

• @chrisgroove
    @chrisgroove 6 років тому +4

It's always a pleasure watching your vids over the weekend. Keep up the good work and don't let the numbers drive your enthusiasm, it's the quality of the subscribers that counts. May I suggest setting up a page with affiliate links with different sections: motorcycle clothing/kit, cleaning products, amazon kits etc. Ride safe!

• @stuartfillingham

Hi Cristian, thank you for the encouragement sir. i have set up affiliate links with some companies and also have a Patreon account but have only set these up recently as costs were getting out of hand!

• @barntonman
    @barntonman 6 років тому +36

I have a 2013 aircooled t-100 and since the release of the fancy new water cooled Bonnies, i have felt rather inferior.....until this video! Thanks for the comprehensive comparison. You have rebuilt my mojo.

• @stuartfillingham
      @stuartfillingham  6 років тому +6

They are a smashing bike that kept Triumph afloat for many years sir, but they are still very relevant and probably a future classic in my book!

• @roxanesteffen
      @roxanesteffen 4 роки тому +1

Feeling exactly the same!

• @roadie195
      @roadie195 4 роки тому +1

Perfectly stated Stu. Love my t120. I call it my 1974 CB550 but everything is new 👍🏼. But as you said not nearly as raw as air cooled. Sold my KTM1290SA reluctantly but haven’t really missed it. Granted I’m not doing cross country anymore and If I was still long touring a GS or equal touring bike totally worth it. But not around town. My fav btw is my zero fxs 😎

• @donald2106
    @donald2106 6 років тому +1

I think your videos are top notch and really enjoy them. You do an excellent job explaining the qualities of your bikes in there is parts and most of the other videos I’ve watched. I’ve been looking for a second bike for over year and always gravitate back to the Bonneville. Finding a bike that fits me can be a challenge, on a good day I am 5‘7“ closer to 70 than 60 years. Thanks again for your professionalism and making these videos.

• @stuartfillingham

Your very welcome Donald! the Bonneville is a very unassuming bike! i reckon it would be right up your street!

• @paullandry5907
    @paullandry5907 3 роки тому

Such a great review. I like your point of view and totally trust your opinion. This no nonsense review has helped my decision tremendously. Thanks Stuart!

• @marclyons9688
    @marclyons9688 4 роки тому

Hi Stuart - love listening to you as essentially I'm a Hull lad (of 56 years:) that's been living in Sweden the last 24 years so it's nice to hear the dialect I grew up with:) All of your videos are frank, no-nonsense offerings which are so refreshing - which I really appreciate. No BS here! This air-cooled v. water-cooled comparison is also great as I'm suffering from that dilemma right now. This has helped a great deal, so keep up the great work and all the best.

• @smochalicisous
    @smochalicisous 5 років тому +1

Really excellent review. Points were laid out clearly. I enjoyed the video, thank you!

• @marcr660907
    @marcr660907 6 років тому +1

I was pleasantly surprised on your eloquently explained commentary on both bikes. I have an air cooled Bonneville and I absolutely love it, it’s such a fun uncomplicated motorcycle, and I enjoy tinkering with it to make it my own. I also ride a GSA, and your summation of it is very accurate, to the extent that I almost exclusively use it for weekends away or touring. Keep the the good work Stuart, your channel is quality.

• @stuartfillingham

Thank you Marc! glad you feel the same and it isn't just me!

• @786philb
    @786philb 6 років тому +27

The T100 is just so much more simple. My freind has one and wont change it. He says it works just fine why change it and it isnt slow either, I struggled on my old sprint to keep up with him. His plus was the abillity to flip through traffic. I think also that we both been riders over 40 years and not only does the style bring back memmories, But its like having a bike from the past that is made to ride, Not sit in the garage being stripped down for repairs every couple of weeks. Its simple with no rad in the way, You can get to it and if you have to, Work on it easy. Take it from me, This thing can shift and keep pace with any group. in fact i can no longer keep with him, I have a rocket and on rural roads he ,s gone. To get this bike, You really arnt getting a lesser bike. If your old school. You will be plenty happy with this. If i had the cash i would want it as a second bike.

• @TheSweetasanut
    @TheSweetasanut 6 років тому +10

Your vids are some of the best I watch

• @andrewhannam.
    @andrewhannam. 6 років тому +6

Very enjoyable video Stuart. Being a fairly new rider in my mid thirties who enjoys classic or dare I say proper motorcycles. I purposely looked for left over air cooled bonnevilles as the water cooled models never interested me in the slightest. There is also something romantic and authentic about an air cooled engine on a bike that you can see through. Needless to say my first motorcycle was a left over 2015 mag wheeled bonneville 900 which I still own. Recently just purchased a "new" 2016 air cooled Thruxton 900 knowing that it is one of the last great Triumph legends. Keep up the great content!

• @stuartfillingham
      @stuartfillingham  6 років тому +2

Thank you Andrew, Good grief how did you manage to find that? i thought they were all long gone! They are a future classic sir, mark my words!

• @FLY--wy2yi
    @FLY--wy2yi 6 років тому +5

Hey Stewart, we haven’t chatted in a while. I always enjoy watching your vids but as you say, the winter is challenging when trying to get outside content. In NY, we just got hit with another 18 inches of snow so I feel your pain! I haven’t been out on the 120 in a long time! Keep up the great work!

• @jeffnyquist6154
    @jeffnyquist6154 5 років тому

Brilliant piece. I love the style of your video, the composition, your narration, the visual selections. Production quality is another way to describe it. Your elegant style reflects what the Bonneville is as a legacy motorcycle. Thank you.

• @stuartfillingham
      @stuartfillingham  5 років тому

Thank you Jeff, its nice to hear that sort of compliment, especially on one of my early videos!

• @marvinr5054
    @marvinr5054 5 років тому

Hello Stuart, I've been watching your channel for a while now and dreaming of purchasing a T120. Well a few days ago a 2017 T120 Black in Graphite came up for sale at a BMW dealership that took on the inventory of a Triumph dealership in Miami Fl, Well three hours and it was posted I struck a deal and by sundown that evening it was sharing the garage with my two other bikes.
    I really enjoy your videos so please keep sharing your knowledge experiences with all of us.
    Thank you Stuart.

• @trevor2361
    @trevor2361 6 років тому +1

Thanks Stuart, I enjoy watching your videos, good stuff.

• @stewartmaxwell550
    @stewartmaxwell550 6 років тому +1

Another great video Stuart, thanks. Chuffed I got my 2012 mag wheel air cooled for well under 5 grand. Also you hit the nail on the head with your feeling about how you felt you had lost something from biking during the "GS" period!
    That is me exactly!
    Thanks again and safe riding.

• @stuartfillingham

wasthat the one you showed me on FB Stewart? it looked a fine machine! yeah ewan and charlie have a lot to answer for dont they! The GS is not an outstandingly brilliant bike once you stand back and think about it really!

• @stewartmaxwell550
      @stewartmaxwell550 6 років тому

Aye that's the one Stuart. I think like you the GS is an outstanding machine, but it is what it is and like you, i feel something missing from my motorcycling pleasure. I have felt for a while the need to 'simplify ' the biking experience, as I recall it. Incidentally, I enjoyed my air cooled GS more than my present incarnation!

• @joshnnik
    @joshnnik 6 років тому

A very honest discussion Stuart, I found it really helpful as I’m debating selling my Honda CRF1000dct and buying a Bonneville.
    I’ve fallen in love with their looks as my first motorcycle was a 1965 Tiger90 which I bought when I passed my test in ‘67.
    Going back to my roots I guess.
    Thank you.

• @StephenGreenvideos
    @StephenGreenvideos 6 років тому +1

another great video Stuart... was expecting bad news there on your intended direction but glad to see you are taking your youtube into the future.... as a T100 owner and supporter of mods looking forward to the future vids!

• @racingplate4068
    @racingplate4068 5 років тому

Hi Stuart.got my 1st triumph at 57. You are helping me to learn more about them.thank you.if you ever get Down under I would love to buy you a beer or ten.👍

• @daveyoude2828
    @daveyoude2828 6 років тому +5

Interesting.. I have a Triumph Explorer and I believe I find myself very much in your camp. Last year I bought a Street Twin as I fancied a stable mate for the TRX but I now find myself riding the Twin as first choice .. because it's fun ..!.. It's easy to pop up town, park by a coffee shop and sit watching people admire the bike. Last weekend I got the TRX out and by god it felt big and unwieldy... this may just be an age thing but it was a real hand full after the Twin..... FYI, I had a GSX250 in 1980 as my only mode of transport but again this is was a really easy bike to live with... And just a quick note regard your channel. I find it like a comfortable old leather chair that I look forward o sitting in after a hard days work.... sometimes the simple things are the best.... I've seen a number of channels evolve into hi tech viewing where the message is lost in favour of snazzy camera angles and precise editing... a bit like my local coffee shop..!... keep it simple stupid Stu... your doing a great job and I don't think you lost anything during the winter.. it's just that we are all climbing the walls desperate to get out on the road...🏍

• @stuartfillingham

I dont think its age Dave its just common sense kicking in! thanks for watching!

• @jonathancraig8677
    @jonathancraig8677 6 років тому +4

Having gone back to Triumph in the past year with a 17 plate T100 Black I heartily agree with your comments. Not only wrestled with the T120 or T100 conundrum, I also considered most the rest of the stable! Really happy with my choice and have subscribed to the channel.

• @stuartfillingham

Good to hear Jon! hope you have a great summer on your bike, thanks for your subscription and of course for watching!

• @thewanderingman4210
    @thewanderingman4210 6 років тому +16

I don't think you notice it but you clearly have more love for the air cooled

• @robertyoung5910
    @robertyoung5910 6 років тому +4

A very good comparison between the two bikes, I have a 2017 T120 and its my first modern Triumph, last one being 1968, it's been good to hear about the T100, I think I would have enjoyed one. Great viewing Stuart, thanks.

• @purplej037
    @purplej037 5 років тому

I'm thinking of buying an air cooled in the next few months. This video is really good and useful, being based on real world and practical points. Thanks man.

• @arvindcs
    @arvindcs 6 років тому +7

Thank you for the informative review. I have an air cooled 2015 T100 and am evaluating a 2017 liquid cooled T120. I just want a slightly more comfortable ride on highways (65 mph.) I am not sure of shelling the additional $5K with trade in. Your perspective is timely and helpful.

• @stuartfillingham

If your enjoying the air cooled twin stick with it sir, the watercooled twin will not really offer 5k more value to your life!

• @robertstanley3253
    @robertstanley3253 5 років тому +11

thank you sir, you've helped a 66 year old guy in Canada that fell in love with Bonny a very long time ago

• @nicktrevor4110
    @nicktrevor4110 3 роки тому

Stuart, videos appreciated for subjects and content. For me the bonus is your on the go shots given I am from Beverley but these days live in Oz(Perth).

• @prashant4
    @prashant4 6 років тому

A succinct, to the point video. Thank you for your efforts sir!!

• @colincoleman2536
    @colincoleman2536 Рік тому

Very informative as always, well worth watching and listening to, thankyou for sharing your views.

• @detectoruser
    @detectoruser 4 роки тому

What an entertaining and informative video! I am about to buy a used T100, have had many Triumphs over many years, started off on the Cub. But the early years are behind, although I regard myself as fit and strong, a keen squash player and competed in judo for 40 years, I am now aged 70 (shock, horror!) one hip replacement and one new knee, so I need to ride with care and just not get involved in ANY spills. I live in a small village in Lincolnshire, you never really know whats around the corner and thankfully I am not now or ever was, a speed freak. Its why I will always prefer to ride out alone, not having to catch up or hang back, able to settle into my own way of riding. Thanks for the video, will certainly watch any others, safe riding! Liam

• @chrisbennett7039
    @chrisbennett7039 3 роки тому

I'm about to buy a T100 . hardly used and want to thank you for your info and insight . You made my mind up to go ahead and get the bike.

• @richardn3865
    @richardn3865 5 років тому

Very insightful comparison of the two bikes. I have a 2009 T100 and have considered the T120 for my next bike. I love my T100, it does everything I ask of it and looks great IMHO, but I did wonder if the T120 was that much better. You essentially answered all my questions in your observations.
    I really enjoy your videos, keep up the great work.

• @chrisbolton2500
    @chrisbolton2500 6 років тому +4

Can't fail to enjoy your no nonsense, straight talking honesty.
    I hoped we had all outgrown the brand/model snobbery.......but obviously not.
    It's all so tedious.
    I'm guessing my antecedents are pretty much the same as yours.
    Do you not find, once you bond with the thing, it ceases to be a product of a manufacturer and becomes simply 'my bike'?
    Even amongst my circle of friends, any of the bikes I ride are known with the precursor 'Chris's '
    Ie that's Chris's Harley, etc.
    I went back to Triumph after many years because like you, I wanted to bring a little of the fun back.
    I love my old Shovel Head with a passion, but the new ones didn't float my boat the same.......it may be the Shovel was the Harley I grew up with, and in my mind, that's what I thought they should look like........
    (Now who's being tedious.....)
    So, my swansong bike, the Thruxton R.
    Back on a Trumpet where I started.
    So if our paths cross this Summer, you'll have to have a bash on it, see what you think.
    Wouldn't worry about content in Winter, most of us hibernate any way.
    Once again, great video.

• @stuartfillingham

Hey Chris! fully agree sir, a good bike becomes your best friend and partner and i do think a lot of manufacturers over look this when designing bikes these days. I shall look out for you sir!

• @derekfarnworth1855
    @derekfarnworth1855 4 роки тому

I to have a 2013 pre water-cooled T100 and love it. I have 2 bikes but this is my keeper bike, I've just put my first mod on after watching one of your video's Stuart the Dart mini screen very pleased with quality and fit/looks and seems to make a difference but need to travel on the motorway for some distance yet. Keep the great work up.

• @happytimes010157
    @happytimes010157 4 роки тому

Thanks much Stuart for a very informing motorcycle video.

• @badkermit180
    @badkermit180 5 років тому

Wow the shot of the Bonnie with the windmills behind it. Amazing

• @Gringo_In_Chile
    @Gringo_In_Chile 6 років тому +3

Hay Stuart,
    When I purchased my new 2015 air cooled Bonnie T100, I had the choice to wait for the water cooled models that were arriving in less than 6 months. I thought long and hard about it and decided that the AC T100 was the way to go. Man, am I glad it did. In arriving to this decision, some of the things I considered were: Large selection of aftermarket products available right now, The extended user knowledge base of this model, and the bike being more true to its heritage. Now don't get me wrong, the new Bonneville line of Triumphs are are great, (dual discs up front, not needing 15 minutes to get under your seat, and a fuel gage (what a concept)). A good friend of mine decided to wait it out for the T120. Now that I have experience with both models, I have to say that your compare and contrast comments were right on the mark!
    Cheers,
    Ken

• @stuartfillingham

hi Ken, yes i think the AC models were instantly disregarded when the WC version was released, but they are not that far apart really! thank you for watching sir!

• @wangofree
    @wangofree 4 роки тому

Excellent video as always. Very insightful.

• @tremoloman
    @tremoloman 3 роки тому +1

I was recently in the market for a new Bonneville. I found a like-new 2014 T100 with only 137 miles on it versus a new 2020 T120. Before I spent my money, I wanted to test drive each to see which I preferred. I had cash in hand to pay for either in full and the dealer refused to let me test drive the T120. I test drove the T100 and immediately fell in love with it which is what I wound up purchasing. I couldn't be happier with it.
    I'm so happy I went with the air cooled model. I prefer the looks of the T100 without the radiator and more recent faux carbs. Plus the black and red paint scheme with the stripe down the fenders looks aesthetically more pleasing to my eyes versus the black and orange pumpkin T120 I was contemplating purchasing.
    Before everyone asks, the person who sold me the bike had an uncle who rode it twice than passed away due to breaking his hip. His nephew kept it for years but never rode it. So he sold it to me for 1/2 the cost of the new T120 and I'm in heaven with it! I prefer the 360 crank as well as it sounds like a true vintage Bonneville versus the 270 sounding more like a Harley.
    Thank you for your honest review!

• @tremoloman
      @tremoloman Рік тому

@@kensanity178 Sure - $6200 USD - worth every penny!

• @paulongley2033
    @paulongley2033 6 років тому +1

Hi Stuart
    A nice honest video this week ,I always enjoy your you tub vids .
    Like you have ridden a bike for a good 37 years and had a winter hack! .
    Love my 2017 t100 water cooled Bonneville and have been working on it (pay day project) .
    Just to let you know ,the street twin /street cup /T 100 ,900 water cooled Bonneville all take the same K&N air filter .
    Also I believe same as the t120 Bonneville ,hope this might help .
    Regards Paul.

• @paulrice1301
    @paulrice1301 6 років тому +3

Great video Stuart, the last bike I owed was a 2011 T100 ac, I now have a 2016 T120 I love both bikes, the T100 had a few mods rear shocks, pipes, seat and shining bits etc, the T120 is still mainly stock apart from screen and panniers. I ride about 100 miles a day to work and back, and a ride out on most weekends, I think both bikes sit well on the motorway and on A roads. The T100 was My first "Classic" style (after having sports bikes) and I was hooked. Well done again.

• @stuartfillingham

Thank you very much Paul, and of course for watching sir!

• @josegraziani1164
    @josegraziani1164 6 років тому +2

I'm a summer rat myself and so my T-120 has been sitting in the garage all winter. I'm craving the warm weather so I can finally take her out and live life to the fullest. For now, I'm just dreaming...... Thanks for the Vid Stuart!!! I think you have a solid group of followers who take your input very serious and enjoy your take on this awesome bike!!!

• @CecilSaxon
    @CecilSaxon 5 років тому +1

I have a ‘15 Trophy and I have found the same issues with the bike you did with your BMW. I have been looking for an air cooled Bonnville and really enjoyed the video.

• @mikekamler
    @mikekamler 4 роки тому

Excellent video! Balanced and with so much perspective! Thanks! Its T100 for me!

• @johnDukemaster
    @johnDukemaster 6 років тому +3

I had an -07 Speedmaster. 96 000km later I sold it. It's still working fine without any complaints. Not even valveadjustments. :-) Well done Stuart!

• @thomashawkins2395
    @thomashawkins2395 2 роки тому

Thanks for the video I’ve personally just bought an 09 3,600 mile t100 for under 5k and she’s beautiful and looking forward to doing few upgrades

• @charlieb3497
    @charlieb3497 3 роки тому

Another Fantastic review Stuart thank you 🤙

• @michaelevans1658
    @michaelevans1658 5 років тому +2

Agree with everything you said about not putting on loads of gear but still being safe on the road .I gave up a biggish Kawasaki to go back for something that has ease of use .And now ride a 200cc Suzuki van van and loving the convenience of a lightweight bike that does not take things to seriously .Oh and so easy to get out the front gate .

• @matthewferguson2131
    @matthewferguson2131 6 років тому +1

Outstanding video Stuart!!

• @raymondlaney8508
    @raymondlaney8508 Місяць тому

Just bought a 2015 used and only 5,000 miles right near my house and couldn’t be happier. I was going to get a 2024 brand new T120 but would have been a lot of money and my girlfriend found one near our home for sale. It’s in perfect condition and guy can’t ride anymore. I saved my self a LOT of money and added some mods. This is my favorite bike!

• @thomass3769
    @thomass3769 6 років тому +2

Stuart, I love this video. My experience aligns with yours. Back many years ago when I was in my teens and twenties I had the Honda CB360 which was actually a copy of the British classics parallel twin and everything. I rode it to school and work , to dates etc. Over the years I “upgraded “ to larger street bikes and had several Goldwings. The Triumph Bonneville America is an air cooled time machine that harkens back to the past. Like you said just throw a jacket , gloves and helmet on and go for a ride. It is not too heavy, looks good easy to ride and sounds great. What more is there? Thanks for the great video and keep them coming. I enjoy the videos as they are if you buy new equipment so much the better, but they are perfect for me.

• @stuartfillingham

Thank you sir! i think we all get sucked in to the upgrade way of life while we are young, and at a certain age you suddenly come to your senses. and realise its probably not the best way to live your life!

• @dougfielding8215
      @dougfielding8215 4 роки тому +1

@@stuartfillingham Im 62 years old and can attest to having the same attitude adjustment. Also, more isn't always more. I've gone from my big Harley Electraglide (which I loved riding for 10 years) and a Gold Wing before the Harley. I just bought a nimble (for me) 2019 Kawasaki W800 Street and love it (for the brief few rides before winter snow). I did look at the Bonnies and Interceptor as well. The W800 has a little more than half the weight and a bit more than half the power of my Glide. Getting back to the basics of motorcycling sure feels great! I enjoy your videos a lot in spite of not being a Triumph or RE Interceptor owner. I'ts been a tough year (liver transplant and then post transplant lymphoma). Your videos (for the discerning rider!) and the promise of riding my new bike helped to keep me going. Greetings from Canada.

• @twinphill900
    @twinphill900 6 років тому +3

Hi Stuart I have been watching your quality videos for a while now. I’m holding you responsible, today I put a deposit on a new Street Twin. On my camping a few months ago lost my Monster due to bike vs dog, so a new bike was in order. Your informative videos helped make my choice very easy, I hope Triumph start in some way to support what you do. They at least owe you a commission on my sale. 👍

• @stuartfillingham

LOL Hi Phil i get blamed for this a lot! I might be mistaken but i vaguely remember you mentioning your accident a while ago. Good choice on your new purchase though sir! hope to see some pics when you take delivery, your always welcome to add me on FB and post up some pics! your going to have to rethink your user name though!

• @twinphill900
      @twinphill900 6 років тому +1

stuart fillingham Thank you for always replying and your right about the accident 2 months to heal your videos were watched a few times over. I got the Matt black with a sump guard via your videos and a fenda extenda. At 53 I am not tech smart, so no FB. If I can send you some pictures I will. Lol about my name😂

• @stuartfillingham

no problem matey always happy to chat with like minded people! bike sounds awesome!

• @terryhaught9976
    @terryhaught9976 6 років тому +3

Great video Stuart, so much information especially since.l have a 2014 t100 that l love but have been thinking bout trading for street twin.

• @stuartfillingham

Hey Terry, The choice is yours sir, i was just trying to put things in to perspective for people who may be torn between the two, thank you for watching sir!

• @hopgood007
    @hopgood007 6 років тому +1

Oh well said sir ... well said. My biking pedigree almost mirrors yours Stuart except when you went to the BMW's I opted for Jap naked's. But I always felt something was missing until I got the T120. It just does everything but with so much fun, and it now feels like 'my bike', not the bike (it has a character of its' own). After a year of ownership and having commuted almost everyday it still puts a grin on my face. I haven't de-winterised it yet and riding home from work yesterday I fuelled up. The bike was caked in salt and the tetra-sealed wheels are black but a lovely old gent finished filling his car and came over for a chat about how beautiful the T120h was and shared some stories about his biking youth on his air-cooled Bonnie. What other bike would prompt that? Another superb video sir and don't worry, I think from today's comments your fan-base is with you whatever you decide to do. Pip-pip!!

• @stuartfillingham

Hey Paul Thank you sir! to be fair i should have mentioned the fuel consumption of the T120 over the old T100 because there is a big difference but i didn't realise id missed it until the video was uploading!
      I have never owned a bike that gets attention like both of my bonnies do, i understand why they do but it never ceases to amaze me. you have to add time to every journey to account for time talking to strangers about the bike when you stop anywhere!
      My friend is still very much in to the GSA and always has the latest and greatest £19000 model, of which he is very proud and actively encourages any attention it might get! i went for a ride with him to a biker café just after i had got the T100 and he was dismayed to find a group of bikers crowding around the T100 as we came out of the café, pointing to it and talking about it all with questions when i got to the bike. He stood alone next to his bike totally puzzled as to why no one was looking at his bike!
      Thanks for watching!

• @raymorris952
    @raymorris952 6 років тому +2

I do like your videos Stuart, no bull, very informative,. I have a 2015 oil cooled scrambler, I paid 6500 for it With only 2500 Miles on it, I have upgraded it , as follows, previous owner had put a zard exhaust system on it, and a remap, I have debaffle the air box, K & N filter, removed the air injection system, removed the lamber sensor's, stage 3 remap, Tec bike parts, rear shocks, front progressive springs and top ajusters, Metzler tourance Tyres, so I spent about a grand, But bloody hell what a difference, I have ridden a T120 and mine feels quicker, definitely has more caracter, so you are so right in what your saying, I also think that some of the things on the new Bonnie range are a bit crap, I don't like that single Speedo they put on the 900 scrambler and street Bike's, the front mudguard on the street scambler is pinched off the steet twin and doesn't follow the same curve as the 19inc wheel, The brushed alloy engine cases corrode, and I think they are to much money,. I Test rode the new street scambler, before I bought mine, I really liked it, but when I looked properly at the Demo , it had Fox rear shocks, an Arrow exhaust system, custom seat, led indicators, Tail tidy, so getting on for 2000 pounds of extras, so on top of the price of the bike, your looking at almost 12.000 grand , A lot of money for what is essentially a basic Motorcycle. Also according to George at Tec Bike parts, the new 900 engine has been deliberately restricted with a restictor cam shaft, Because if it wasn't apparently it is very close to the 1200, engine, making it obserleate. Let me know your thoughts, and keep up the good work. Ray.

• @stuartfillingham

I cant argue with you Ray as you say it is just a basic motorcycle selling at a price that would buy you a reasonable spec small car! Triumph do seem to be winning the game with their bikes there is no doubt about it, but i think the sales are a result of sharp marketing and spin!

• @USMCCGAGNG
    @USMCCGAGNG 2 роки тому

Stuart,
    I’m subscribed and I’ll watch your videos when you put them out. No worries mate.

• @oldhotshoe
    @oldhotshoe 6 років тому +1

Another excellent vid. My bang for the buck choice was a dealor demonstrator '17 Street Twin. $8000 USA. Love it and ride every day rain or shine. Leaving on a 2500 mile trip in April to the desert of Arizona with all camping/cooking gear on board. Cheers

• @john47jones
    @john47jones 6 років тому +1

Another great video Stewart, an honest and very informative video
    By someone who knows what they're talking about. I shall after
    Watching this be looking for a t100, and be watching reviews of
    Said bike, cheers.

• @stuartfillingham

Thank you Russell. good luck on your bike hunt sir!

• @pepitovfr
    @pepitovfr 6 років тому +1

I enjoyed this video, keep up the good work.

• @paulwhitehead35
    @paulwhitehead35 6 років тому +2

Not had a bike since 1993 when my wife was taken ill long term, last bike was a Honda CX500 euro sport, had a few meridian Triumphs before that, last one was a T140 export bonnie bought new in 1975 with lower bars fitted than standard it was nothing but trouble and while all old British twins vibrated it was terrible our lass could not keep her feet on the pillion rests if I gave it the berrys LOL. would love one of the new ones weather air cooled or water cooled ones but will have to win the lottery for that, keep up the good work I enjoy your films

• @stuartfillingham

Nice to hear from you Paul, thanks for your comment, best get out and buy yourself some tickets eh!

• @motovin77
    @motovin77 8 місяців тому

Thanks for the amazing review and video, curious as to what is the realistic MPG or Kilometres per liter the Aircooled T100 would deliver in day to day around tye town and on freeways

• @BassOutcast
    @BassOutcast 5 років тому

Great video! I was honestly asking myself if the T120 is worth getting, seeing as it is almost double the price of a used T100. I love simple bikes, been riding a GS500 for years now (air cooled, carbs, an engine that dates back to the 70's, one fuse, that's it). You've said it - just put on your gloves, jacket and helmet and ride. People tend to forget that all things wear out in the end and if you're like me and buy one bike and ride it forever, in the long run a simpler bike is going to be much easier (and cheaper!) to maintain.
    I'm getting that Nerve-cycle T100 and I'm gonna ride it like Dave Franco carving through Manhattan streets!

• @FredWilbury
    @FredWilbury 5 років тому

Just love this review.... thank you .... I’m awaiting a new speed twin to rekindle my mojo .... part x ing my bonnie se .... which has been a dream .... many regards Fred.... just hope I’ve done the right thing......

• @7450991
    @7450991 4 роки тому

Great video Stuart! I bout my 2015 Bonneville second hand 1,700kmshalf the cost of a T120.Much cheaper insurance too,about half the cost of insuring a T120 in Canada

• @glennrueger8689
    @glennrueger8689 3 роки тому

This was great to hear sir. I can't justify buying a new model when my air-cooled twin has been so good. I bought my carb'd Bonneville new in 2008. (US models went to fuel injection for 2009 as you likely know) Over the years I've added aftermarket shocks, exhaust, brakes, air box out, and many other little upgrades including a new LED headlight. The old Bonnie has been as reliable as a hammer, more than adequate for touring, and heaps of fun for 69,000+ miles. (111,000+km)

• @mayimbe2198
    @mayimbe2198 25 днів тому

Interesting videos, I just did a similar switch and for the same reasons. I purchased a Kawasaki Versys LT model, that is the suit up touring version, and I must said, it had excellent brake system and excellent suspension fully adjustable front and back, so the ride quality and stopping power was superb, but that 650cc parallel twin had no character, and that transmission was not setup right, it always felt I was a gear to high or to low. Then I rode a 2012 T100 and I was sold, full of character, the 5 gears were spaced correctly, it didn’t feel lazy, I had torque from the second I released the clutch, and the engine felt relax and smooth, no weird vibration, from that day I knew I wanted a Triumph, went on a search until I found a 2017 street scrambler garage queen and am just loving it, it doesn’t feel as true as the 2012, but still much more character than the Versys. The modern improvements from 2012 to 2017 is similar to the feeling I got from watching the camera quality of this video to your new videos. I just started following you since 2022, so I never seen any of your old stuff, but watching this 6 year old video makes me appreciate the advancements in technology, you have come a long way. To conclude, yes I agree, the Versys always felt like a shore, a serious commitment to go work, while the Scrambler feels like fun, to puddle around on a Sunday afternoon just enjoy the feel and the sound of an old school tractor engine moving you around, I am loving it.

• @adaptableadventurerider
    @adaptableadventurerider 3 роки тому

Great video :) just looking at one myself for a big trip quite leaning towards the ac bike

• @DC-gy5jn
    @DC-gy5jn 6 років тому +3

Yeah Stuart you tell Em ! On the 16th of April I'll have had my Bonneville 10 years and hoping to clock the old girls 50,000th mile this summer ! She's a tractor mate but I love her , she never slips a beat and wouldn't part with her . I bought her brand new from St Austell G T Motorcycles for the princely sum of £4850 .

• @stuartfillingham

Hey Mr cool ! i disagree! they are no tractor! compared to a lot of bikes they are a very refined smooth running machine! Try running a boxer twin now thats a tractor! but i get where your comiing from, they kind of get under your skin dont they? Thanks for watching!

• @DC-gy5jn
      @DC-gy5jn 6 років тому +1

Yeah , I didn't mean that literally , I know what a fine machine it is , I've had it ten years and ridden it almost 50,000 miles . When I got the bike you did't see another one , if you did it was an occasion .Triumph only made a few thousand a year and most of those went to the States , The Brits wouldn't touch them and were still getting over their German/Japaneses fixation . Incidentally , have you ever wondered at and admired the longevity , Reliability , efficiency and simple beauty of the Massey 35 ;-)

• @stuartfillingham

is that the little grey one? lol, i think the main reason no one in the UK would touch them was because of the reputation the original meridian model had achieved by the 1980s it had become a big joke. thats why Triumph waited so long before reintroducing it!

• @DC-gy5jn
      @DC-gy5jn 6 років тому +2

I've seen a few in grey , but a lot of the restored ones are usually red . After the Meriden story Triumph couldn't have risked even a handful of reliability issues on the re-launch so the brief was to over engineer the motors .
      When I got the bike the amount of scoffing that went on from mates , who couldn't get why I would buy such a thing , " And when was I going to get a proper bike ? "
      Triumph really have made their mark , and it's a beautiful thing to witness and be part of .

• @toby7738
    @toby7738 6 років тому +1

Thanks for the video Stewart. I also like both bikes and it was a difficult decision for me to decide which model to go for. It's not just the price of the bike that has to be considered but in my case the justification of spending such a large amount of money on something ridden just for pleasure on sunny weekends. When I realised that some 10 year-old low mileage Bonnevilles in good condition had only lost about £3,000 in depreciation (£25 per month) I Justified to myself that a new t120 was almost as good as still having the money in the bank…. Can't wait for next month when I take delivery.

• @pmdinaz
    @pmdinaz 6 років тому +1

For me, I just picked up a 2010 T100, for commuting. I follow your channel which did ultimately help solidify my choice, but the biggest gripe I have on the water cooled 1200's is the heat! I live in Arizona USA, and while commuting, that 1200 will be a leg burner. I'll ride through 112 F days..that T120 on a 80 degree day felt hot hot hot! That fan kicked on and phew..toast!
    I look forward to taking some inspiration from the PDP 900.
    Cheers!

• @stuartfillingham

Yes its a big problem with modern lean burn engines! all in the name of emission's regulations im afraid. a cross pipe can cool things down slightly but probably wouldn't be very noticeable in your situation. thanks for watching the PDP series. i think we are up to part 10 now!

• @cirriped63
    @cirriped63 4 роки тому

Hi Stuart, great video. I purchased a 2004 T100 for AUD$4000, 8000klms what a fantastic bike, i am riding it more than my 1200S monster

• @scothunter3221
    @scothunter3221 6 років тому +2

My previous two bikes were TIger800s, but last fall moved to a wc T100. I am having far more fun on my bonnie than I ever did on those big adventure bikes! You're so right!

• @stuartfillingham

Hey Scott, yeah i think you get a bit blinkered when you've had them for a while and you forget what your missing! i would never go back to them now!

• @lukebusbridge6611
    @lukebusbridge6611 Рік тому

Great hearing this comparison. Your comment about the T120 being "watered down" (quite literally) was interesting - it sounds as though the character of the older air-cooled powerplants takes some beating!

• @pavanmuthanna2166
    @pavanmuthanna2166 5 років тому

I wonder if you realise that you have avid viewers of your channel over in India ! Wonderful videos, thank you. I tend to watch your channel at the end of a long day on my feet, sipping a welcome sundowner. My dad had a Triumph back in the ‘60s as a young army officer. I never saw the bike, but he used to get that wistful faraway look when he spoke about it.
    Recently, after a hiatus of over a decade riding nothing more than a scooter and my various bicycles , I pulled the trigger and bought a well - maintained 2014 T100. I’ve been very happy with it. It’s like a big tractable cat in traffic , but boy, it’s capable of putting the hammer down. I just installed a Dart Marlin screen on it which makes it nicer at highway speeds - and that’s mostly thanks to you. More power to you, and don’t worry too much about the volume of output.

• @stuartfillingham
      @stuartfillingham  5 років тому +1

Thank you Pavan, actually I did notice recently that India is the third biggest viewing location for my channel which was a big surprise! perhaps I should get involved in another favourite motorcycle marque the Royal Enfield? Thank you for watching sir and for your kind comment!

• @pavanmuthanna2166
      @pavanmuthanna2166 5 років тому

stuart fillingham - especially now that they’ve made a fantastically well- priced 650 flat twin that bears more than a passing resemblance to the Bonneville? There are a lot of people who are very curious indeed about just how good - or bad - this bike will prove to be.

• @waynejohnson6102
    @waynejohnson6102 3 роки тому +1

I am sure the T100 is a fine bike, I’ve owned a 2018 T120 for 2 years now. I thoroughly enjoy the bike. I owned a 650 Tiger in 1974, loved that Triumph and have now renewed that love affair. I enjoy your reviews. Keep up the good work.

• @rhugh02
    @rhugh02 5 років тому

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I really enjoy watching you improve both of these bikes. I find myself learning a lot and wanting both of them. Not sure how to hide the second Bonny from the wife... My plan is to say I'm storing it for a buddy. He doesn't mind if I ride it and work on it. Lol

• @TriumphRascal
    @TriumphRascal 6 років тому +2

I totally agree with you young man. I had a Triumph Rocket III Touring and the screen and rear sissy bar were add Ons which cost a fortune. I then bought a Triumph America, which I really love, but accessories are extortionate. Great bikes, but John Bloor and Company are only in it to extract our pennies! Keep the good videos coming (from one ex job, to another).

• @stuartfillingham

Young! i dont get called that very often these days! Yes i agree with you Triumphs greed is a little bit too obvious for my taste, they do need to tone it down a little and try to offer a little bit more value for money!

• @jeffreyhurst9552
    @jeffreyhurst9552 6 років тому +1

I have a 2009 Triumph T100, a 2005 Buell XB9and a 1965 Honda 90. I find that my favorite bike is whichever bike I am on at the moment. I like the new Triumph Bobber, but the cost is high, the tank small, and I don’t know if I would find it worth the cost. I wish my T100 weighed less and had more horsepower but I do love it. Little mods continue to be made over time.

• @rockerwola
    @rockerwola 6 років тому +1

I got my T100 from 2008 with 9000 km on the odometer last year, I love the bike, and the price was 1/3 of the new watercool.
    BTW, love the chanel.

• @sait33
    @sait33 2 роки тому

Useful and helpful tips 🙏❤️

• @leechamberlain1273
    @leechamberlain1273 6 років тому +3

Always look forward to your videos Stuart , would miss them if you stopped doing them. I just bought my nice shiny new cinder red Bonneville . Cheers Paul

• @stuartfillingham

Hi Paul thank you! no intention of giving up just yet sir, just debating on which direction to go in! theres nothing quite like a new bike is there?! enjoy!

• @PaleBlueDotCitizen
    @PaleBlueDotCitizen 4 роки тому

Brilliant video, subbed.

• @peterwilliamson4296
    @peterwilliamson4296 11 місяців тому

Lovely video. Do you recommend the fly screen?

• @KeepItSimpleSailor
    @KeepItSimpleSailor Рік тому

I’m seriously considering a really good 2006 T100 at the moment. Thx for video.

• @bullthrush
    @bullthrush 6 років тому +3

I enjoyed the video. The winter solution is an easy one, become an ice speedway gladiator!

• @stuartfillingham

What an excellent idea mr Thrush! thank you for watching sir!

• @michaelarchangel1163
    @michaelarchangel1163 3 роки тому

Stuart, just this morning I took my car into a repair centre in Felinfoel, Llanelli, to get some rust near the sunroof attended to. Immediately on walking into the garage there, I saw a lovely silver grey and red Bonneville there, which I at first thought was a 1968 T120, but was actually a 2004 {54 reg.} aircooled T100. I much prefer the look of it to the newer offerings.

• @nicksavich7970
    @nicksavich7970 3 роки тому +1

Just ran across this. Good points and I agree. I love my air cooled / carbed T100. The new water cooled Triumphs are nice, but I ride my Triumph for its relaxing and vintage character. The air cooled models succeed in this mission and can be bought for a fraction of the price of a T120.

• @nicktrevor4110
    @nicktrevor4110 3 роки тому +1

I changed from a street triple to a T120black which was a great move for me the T120 was less intense but still sufficiently capable.

• @ianrycroft1523
    @ianrycroft1523 2 роки тому

I was lucky enough to just pick up a mint T100 Newchurch 2015 with only 5,000 miles and am loving it

• @davidlines466
    @davidlines466 6 років тому +1

I agree with a lot of what Stuart says in this video. I ended up with a BMW R1200RT and apart from sheer bulk felt something was missing and so returned to a water cooled Bonneville T100 - great move and brilliant bike. The only issue where my experience differs is that before I had a 2012 Bonneville SE 2012 and have to say the water cooled T100 is to my mind a very different and better motorcycle. A better ride, a better seating position, a better engine and gearbox. Not quite the same comparison as Stuart, my SE had mag wheels and I think a slightly differently sized frame. Great web site and humour, many thanks

• @hemantv.5409
    @hemantv.5409 4 роки тому

As you already have Bonnie and T 120 and maybe some other good bikes what do you find very nice in Interceptor and what is the difference between Bonnie

• @tinks43
    @tinks43 6 років тому +5

Great stuff as always. Apart from the pay day projects what was the reason for you buying the T100 after you had the T120?

• @stuartfillingham

Hi Cotti, it was purely purchased for the pay day project!