AMT Peterbilt 359 California Hauler T500

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 14 сер 2024
  • AMT Peterbilt 359 1/25 model truck.
    This is an original issue AMT Peterbilt 359 California Hauler. I've built a few of the reissued kit and wanted to build an original. Mainly for the Rest Rite sleeper.
    It's built box stock except for the mufflers, battery boxes, visor, fuel tanks and breather. The mufflers and battery boxes came from a Revell Peterbilt 359. The visor I found on ebay and it's from Trick My Plastic Truck. And the fuel tanks and breather came from Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures.
    For a full line of aluminum parts for your 1/25 scale model truck check out Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures at www.kamodelmim.... Some of their parts include air tanks, breathers, fuel tanks for both tractors and reefer trailers, wheels and even tank trailers. Their parts are made from aluminum all in America.
    It's painted Dupli-Color Cordova Brown with a few coats of Testors Ultra Gloss clear. And the decals came from the reissued California Hauler.
    The pictures were taken at Stillwater Dam, Belmont Lake, Prompton State Park and my backyard, all in northeastern Pennsylvania.
  • Авто та транспорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 22

• @jimsmodelcargarage3196
    @jimsmodelcargarage3196 5 років тому +1

When I first saw it I thought it was real. Hell of a build.

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  5 років тому

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's a little time consuming taking these pics, but making these vids has become an enjoyable part of this hobby. Not only is if fun sharing my builds with other people it's also fun trying to make these pics look as realistic as possible.

• @Workerbee-zy5nx
    @Workerbee-zy5nx Рік тому

Hobby lobby has one, im going to check it out. Yours turned out primo.👍

• @danielwebb9306
    @danielwebb9306 9 місяців тому

Awesome job from start to finsh peterbilt is my favorite truck i use to drive a peterbilt 379 then my last truck was the Kenworth W990

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  9 місяців тому +1

Thanks!!

• @markbickelhaupt4414
    @markbickelhaupt4414 7 місяців тому

Hi Joe, I don't think I have seen this build before. Very nice Classic 359! I like the color. After market air cleaner & visor? Small windows just make the tractor look sharper! 👍👍👍

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  5 місяців тому

Thanks, Mark for stopping by and leaving a comment. And I apologize for not replying sooner. I built this before I started paying attention to mold lines and seams so I haven't taken it to any show. But with a little work I can make it better, so maybe I'll get around to that someday. The air cleaner came from Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures when they were in business. And the visor I found on eBay close to 10 years ago.

• @wallyfronzaglio372
    @wallyfronzaglio372 4 роки тому

That old #500 kit is a better quality than the reissue

• @Flatbedkw
    @Flatbedkw 7 років тому +1

Another outstanding build. I always wondered what the kit decals looked like on a brown truck. I definitely want to look up that website.

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  7 років тому +2

Thanks!! This truck was originally going to be yellow with brown stripes. Only for the clear to lift the decals. So I stripped the yellow paint off which was a project in itself and decided on brown with the stripes from the Round2 reissue. I'm happy with how it turned out.

• @SwindellSteamWorks
    @SwindellSteamWorks 9 років тому

Ah yes. The good ol' 359. Love the design. We have something in common. We have a side hobby with rigs.

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  9 років тому +1

Adam Swindell
      I've always liked trucks. I've been around them nearly all of my life. I spent many days of my youth in the passenger seat of a U360 Brockway. And the 359 is a classic. Especially the small window.

• @SwindellSteamWorks
      @SwindellSteamWorks 9 років тому

rj2571
      I love 379s. They are my favorite.

• @N182NS
    @N182NS 9 років тому

Very cool looking rig RJ

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  9 років тому

Nick Shultz
      Thanks!!!

• @captainmorgan1107
    @captainmorgan1107 7 років тому

That's some fine work, the 3 green cab lights brings back some memories. Where did you source your fuel tank and air cleaner from?

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  7 років тому

Thanks!!! I read somewhere that back in the day guys used to run three green marker lights on their trucks. The lights come clear in this kits, so I thought it would be cool to do three of them green. The fuel tanks and air cleaner on this also came from Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures. They really did make some nice parts.

• @captainmorgan1107
      @captainmorgan1107 7 років тому

They don't make parts any more?

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  7 років тому

I honestly can't say. They used to have a website and a Facebook page but neither are accessible anymore. Maybe they decided to do things off line or not at all. I really have no idea. There are other places that make aluminum parts like visors, bumpers and fenders to name a few. Both Rhino's Model Truck Parts and Mo'luminum make some very nice parts. Mo'luminum has a website and Rhino has a Facebook page and sells on ebay occasionally.

• @JohnJohnson-qg2ub
      @JohnJohnson-qg2ub 5 років тому

@@rj2571 p0

• @ishanayush6491
    @ishanayush6491 8 років тому

is this an rc

• @rj2571
      @rj2571  8 років тому +1

+Ishan Ayush
      No, it's a plastic model. But it would be cool if it was r/c.