Gallien Krueger Legacy VS Ampeg Pf-T50

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 11 лип 2023
  • This video is NOT sponsored by any of the brands mentioned!
    To support the channel: paypal.me/ObradLacarac
    After my previous video where I compared Ampeg Pf-T50 with Gallien Krueger Fusion S with Tube preamp I made a new one, similar like the one with GK Fusion, but this time comparing Ampeg Pf-T50 all Tube with Gallien Krueger Legacy Class D.
    Again I only used the DI outputs from both amplifiers, straight to the audio interface (without any DAW plugins), from the GK post EQ, and from the Ampeg Transformer DI after power tubes.
    First I recorded the sound on the Ampeg using different bass guitars and playing styles, and then I tried to replicate it on the GK Legacy.
    Basses used in this test:
    Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Precision / Elixir 45-100 Round strings
    Sandberg California TM4 / Passive S+S mod / Elixir 40-95 Round strings
    Fender 1968 Precision / Thomastik Infeld Flat strings
    Music Man Stingray Special 4H / Elixir 45-100 Round strings
    What do You think about the results?

КОМЕНТАРІ • 9

• @jonathanchevallier7046
    @jonathanchevallier7046 11 місяців тому +6

Really great comparison. This 2 amps are different, but sometimes very close. I like both.
    I know I don't help you to choose which one to keep ;-)

• @ObraBass
      @ObraBass  11 місяців тому +2

Thanks. I'm keeping both!

• @VeitLehmann
    @VeitLehmann 11 місяців тому +4

This shows again why those two brands are my favorites. Great sounds from the start to the end! I think the GK matches better with Jazz, the Ampeg with the Precision. The StingRay sounds equally nice on both.

• @1964thom
    @1964thom 7 днів тому +1

GK

• @jjmonzon4343
    @jjmonzon4343 11 місяців тому +5

They both sound great. I don't think the GK Legacy gets as close to the Ampeg as the GK Fusion does on your previous comparison video. Nonetheless, they both sound great and the Legacy can get a bit of the Ampeg vibe. Cool to see how much tonal flexibility you can get out of those GKs. Could you do a version showing the Legacy sounding like a GK? as in sounding like the classic RB800. Those amps were awesome.

• @ObraBass
      @ObraBass  11 місяців тому +1

Yes, I also love the RB800, but do not have one. Think that Legacy series are very close to RB but so much lighter.

• @ObraBass
      @ObraBass  11 місяців тому +1

I manage to found an RB1001. WIll do the video comparing it to Legacy next week 🙂.

• @jjmonzon4343
      @jjmonzon4343 11 місяців тому +1

Very cool! Will definitely check it out once you release the video. I still gig with my trusty old 700rb combo. Those amps sound great and are bullet proof. But they are very heavy, wouldn't mind having something that sounds like it but is easier to carry after a gig is done.

• @luigi.zanini
    @luigi.zanini 7 місяців тому +1

I prefer the GK, it has a "bite" that the Ampeg has not