TOP 5 MISTAKES! - tips for BEGINNER SIB owners - Small Inflatable Boat - SIB Fishing UK- honwave t32

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 4 лип 2024
  • I talk you through what I feel are some very common mistakes that alot of new sib owners make on their first few trips out on the water.
    Hopefully these tips will help you to avoid making the same mistakes I did!
  • Спорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 71

• @TR4zest
    @TR4zest 9 місяців тому +7

Great advice. I would add: Check the weather and change your plans accordingly. Have enough fuel for rule of thirds: one third out, one third back, one third in reserve. Tell someone where you are going and when you should return. Use the kill cord, wear a life vest.

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  9 місяців тому

Yes very good safely info. Thank you. I think I'll do another video all about safety. 👍

• @Reedo321
    @Reedo321 Рік тому +19

The number 1 mistake I often make is forgetting to attach the kill cord

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  Рік тому

Yep 100% that is crucial! That's tip no. 6 haha 😄

• @brianallen6341
      @brianallen6341 Рік тому

I usually forget to unattatch myself before leaving and taking the switch with me more than forgetting to attach the switch 🙄. Great content though!

• @StanfordMack-le6cg
    @StanfordMack-le6cg 10 місяців тому +7

Two years later this motor is going strong ua-cam.com/users/postUgkxBZWgzfpS2Jj7JqIHyaSZjyVHNUgCKCBf Just uploaded a video of it after 2 years. We use it probably a dozen days each year on our small raft.-original review- We got this motor the other day and tested it out. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it seems good to me. It has all the features advertised - the motor housing is metal. We will see how it performs longer term and I will revise this review if needed. Some initial observations:- Good thrust, moves our boat around really well- It comes with a circuit breaker but no switch - so there's no way to kill the motor other than yanking the connection off the battery. I installed an inline switch.- The mount bracket is plastic and I worry it might break- There are a number of plastic parts that I worry about, but the most important ones are metal or some kind of composite

• @joelkoonce8559
    @joelkoonce8559 8 місяців тому +2

I fish out of Cook Inlet Alaska, in My 12ft inflatable, it's a safe, stable boat. The weather can change very quickly. So I head in before it gets too bad.

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  7 місяців тому

Hi! Thanks for watching. Yes, good advice. Always be aware of the weather and be ready to head in quickly if it changes for the worse.

• @clivebennett6549
    @clivebennett6549 Рік тому +1

Hi Adam thank you for that it's good to see you get out and about with our sib well done

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  Рік тому +1

Thanks Clive, I've not been able to get out as much as I would like haha, but hopefully will get some more trips out this year.

• @clivebennett6549
      @clivebennett6549 Рік тому

Yes Adam that if you have think like that

• @dbdbdb1111111
    @dbdbdb1111111 26 днів тому

Ty for that just starting getting into boating. Good advice to not get out. Had the experience in a canoe as a kid. We ran aground on a shallow sand spot and I got out to push it. It was sink sand. Was able to get out because I had loose water boots on but it got sketchy. Also learned to check the shore and wait before getting out if in a forest environment. The bushes sometimes have furry surprises

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  26 днів тому

Wow glad you got out safely! Very easy to get into trouble very fast out there!

• @panzerfaust480
    @panzerfaust480 11 місяців тому +2

5 actually great tips.

• @johnblanco768
    @johnblanco768 Рік тому +2

Really great tips

• @DaNZealand
    @DaNZealand 2 місяці тому

great tips, thank you!

• @TripFishingMyLife
    @TripFishingMyLife Рік тому +1

Thanks are good information.. 👍

• @ia6980
    @ia6980 Рік тому +1

Thank you!

• @deannafox3727
    @deannafox3727 Рік тому +6

have prop out off water and row in and step out when in 8 inchs of water, that way you never damage prop. sibs ar so buoyant they stay on top small waves.

• @mubaddagammoh4912
    @mubaddagammoh4912 Рік тому +2

Thanks for the video i will add one too do not forget to screw back the oil dip stick like me and put the motor in back of tour truck u will end up with a lot of oil and no extra oil too so you will be fishing offshore that day lol

• @ia6980
    @ia6980 Рік тому +2

I heard that vhf radio doesnt have good reception and dsnt take past 2 miles and at times reception a lot shorter and becomes useless, hows your vhf? Did you ever tested it? And what brand do you use?

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  Рік тому +2

I have a Standard Horizon HX300, it works well for me, I don't go too far from shore. I also always have my mobile phone with as well as a backup.

• @dirkdiggler4860
    @dirkdiggler4860 Рік тому +3

Dont forget you lanyards thats very important. If you fall out say bye bye to your boat lol

• @GordyjSlavjanin
    @GordyjSlavjanin 5 місяців тому +2

Yep, did 3 out of 5 :D

• @ashleymackenzie1432
    @ashleymackenzie1432 Рік тому +2

The last tip about the mud, yea I've don't that on a kayak the mud came up just below my hips and I had to crawl on my stomach to get to shore

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  Рік тому

Yeah, not fun getting stuck with the tide coming in!

• @mortonmorton6083
      @mortonmorton6083 11 місяців тому

Lmao I've done the same thing on a river if I wasn't holding on to the yak I would been swallow up by mud knee deep water rest is mud smelled really bad all the way up to my hip talk about panic mode

• @shaunm2208
    @shaunm2208 14 днів тому

Thank you

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  12 днів тому

You're welcome. Hope these tips help you keep safe out there!

• @DeanMcDonagh
    @DeanMcDonagh 4 місяці тому

Thanks!

• @MustRunTonyo
    @MustRunTonyo Рік тому +1

Nice video! What's the sib model? 270 ie?

• @Kerebax
    @Kerebax Рік тому

Hi I’m a new boat owner and what VHF radios do you use?

• @mentesmehmet
    @mentesmehmet 11 місяців тому

Hi inflatable angeling, we was thinking of launching from feilexstowe this weekend, as our first estuary fish, would you have any tips as i noticed you use the area often thanks in advance

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  11 місяців тому +1

Hi! Yes you can launch off the beach at Cobbolds Point. Just past the Fludyers Hotel. Its not really the estuary but is a good spot on a calm day. Check the wind and tides before you go out.

• @mentesmehmet
      @mentesmehmet 11 місяців тому

Sorry to ask what rod and reel setup do you have thanks and sorry keep. Asking lots of questions, thanks

• @pbeetle8554
    @pbeetle8554 11 місяців тому +1

That looks like felixstowe docks in the background

• @Nelsonelik
    @Nelsonelik Рік тому

👍👍👍

• @darylbrown2396
    @darylbrown2396 Рік тому

I always attached a 2M tether to myself and boat. Also kill cord.

• @humenksa6225
    @humenksa6225 6 місяців тому

Hi! Have you been pleased with honwave boat..ı am searching boat now, about 3.30 cm-3.5 cm . I have searched honwave and gala boat ,which one is good ı do not know.. ı am confused 😕

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  6 місяців тому

Hi! Yes I am very pleased with the honwave. It is one of the best on the market and has always been very highly rated for performance and safety 👌

• @ia6980
    @ia6980 Рік тому +2

Lol wheels! I've done that before

• @chrisgomersall6179
    @chrisgomersall6179 4 місяці тому

Hi do u need a licence for the vhf marine radio

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  4 місяці тому

Hi, it depends which country you are in, but yes in the UK you do need one. VHF portable license - Find out here www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your-licence/radiocommunication-licences/ships-radio

• @chamagical
    @chamagical 7 місяців тому

Tried to beach my sib, but it stopped a few meters short. I stepped overboard expecting knee deep water, next thing i know, i'm totally submerged under the boat with the automatic safety vest hissing and pushing and disorienting me. Nobody saw it, thank God, but still very embarrassing!
    Tip 6 : lose the vest as soon as it is safe to do so, or put it on manual deploy......

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  7 місяців тому

Yes! It's very easy to underestimate the depth and current! I'm glad you got out ok! Good tip about the vest.

• @VictorLopez-pj3pi
    @VictorLopez-pj3pi Рік тому

Dinghyprclub 👍🏼🔥

• @monacocross4241
    @monacocross4241 10 днів тому

Air Floor vs Aluminium Floor >?

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  10 днів тому

Check out my other video: ua-cam.com/video/aeXhp-aSBqg/v-deo.html

• @cookiemonster2299
    @cookiemonster2299 13 днів тому

Yep did the wheels down one, only took half a mile to realise why my 6hp yam wasn't performing well 🫤😉❤️

• @inflatableangling
      @inflatableangling  12 днів тому +1

Yep :) I think everyone makes that mistake at least once!