Triple test: Porsche 917, Ferrari 512S and Lola T70

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 13 вер 2018
  • Porsche 917, Ferrari 512, Lola T70 - perhaps as great a concentration of sports car heritage as you could find in a single pit garage. And Motor Sport was at Donington Park to drive them. Your chauffeur? Dario Franchitti
    For the October 2018 issue of Motor Sport magazine, multiple Indy 500 winner Franchitti tests three sports cars from the 1960s and '70s, heroes to racing fans and made yet more famous by the Steve McQueen film Le Mans.
    To buy the issue, visit shop.motorsportmagazine.com.
  • Авто та транспорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 694

• @VonBlade
    @VonBlade 4 роки тому +69

I love how you get three legends, Dario Franchitti, and then 99% of the video is him sat in the car talking. The world is supremely short of HD footage of these classics, if he's on the track, show us him on the track. GoPro in the cockpit, no background music, millions of views.

• @theant9821
      @theant9821 Рік тому +1

theres plenty of footage, id rather know how they feel and behave, rather than just speculate or wonder. i only have my childhood scalextric car to judge the behaviour of the porky and Lola by, and not even that for the Ferrari.
      Though my toy Lola was of that exact car, so is that enough? in your opinion?

• @idiotsavante7963
      @idiotsavante7963 Рік тому +1

Don't be negative. It's a great history piece. Not meant to show Dario's driving

• @ricardol.leonekulaif4531
      @ricardol.leonekulaif4531 10 місяців тому

ua-cam.com/video/ba8S_eiIeIQ/v-deo.html

• @proinseasokiellig4388
      @proinseasokiellig4388 5 місяців тому +2

I was hanging on his every word, but yeah , another 20 minutes of track footage would not have gone amiss..

• @StarkRaven59
    @StarkRaven59 5 років тому +768

Remember something. Almost everyone who watches these videos thinks that the cars are their own music. We don't need accompaniment here, let the cars do the singing.

• @asknotwhatucan9951
      @asknotwhatucan9951 5 років тому +7

What an egomaniac you must be, to assume that you speak for "almost everyone who watches these videos."

• @ElSanchez2679
      @ElSanchez2679 5 років тому +100

@@asknotwhatucan9951 but, he's right. Less music, more motor. Always.

• @duncandmcgrath6290
      @duncandmcgrath6290 5 років тому +38

Let those pipes sing

• @GJN2
      @GJN2 5 років тому +11

PLEASE!

• @OhItsThat
      @OhItsThat 5 років тому +30

100% agree. I prefer the sound of the cars over royalty free music....or any music for that matter.

• @jws2
    @jws2 5 років тому +177

Coming from a old man's perspective. There will NEVER be the excitement in the racing world as it once was in the 60's & 70's. That was a magical time in Motorsports. All aspects from stock cars, group B rally, F1, Can-Am and on and on, it was just mind boggling awesomeness!!!

• @Trucker1957
      @Trucker1957 5 років тому +16

Lets not forget Trans Am racing. I attended a 1969 Trans Am race at Bryar Motorsports Park in N.H It was the most thrilling event of my entire life.

• @thethirdman225
      @thethirdman225 5 років тому +8

For me it was the early 1980s. There are so many great stories from those days and so many of the cars still survive. I guess it will always be a choice between those two eras though.

• @snuppssynthchannel
      @snuppssynthchannel 4 роки тому +3

I completely agree!

• @deanjet
      @deanjet 4 роки тому +2

Agreed whole heartedly

• @waynesimpson2074
      @waynesimpson2074 4 роки тому +5

@@thethirdman225 Agreed, as a reference point I've tried explaining, to those who were too young to live through the 80's, about Group B Lancia S4 cars that could put in respectable F1 lap times for qualifying.

• @labarone8910
    @labarone8910 5 років тому +132

The cars make their own soundtrack...

• @ericcoppala8234
    @ericcoppala8234 3 роки тому +18

All 3 are works of art.

• @rreif5934
    @rreif5934 5 років тому +16

Fabulous video. It makes me think of an article from the late 70's that I believe was written by Sam Posey who drove the Ferrari to a 2nd place finish in the 1970 LeMans. He got to drive the 917 almost a decade later. He wrote about how he always loved to be able to tell people that he drove the Ferrari at 235 MPH down the Mulsanne straight and how he hated having to tell them then that the Porsche passed him at 245 MPH. He remembered how the Ferrari felt incredibly stable at that speed and how later he was shocked in driving the 917 how unstable it was and how that explained why the Porsche driver waved going by but always had a white knuckle grip on the wheel with his other hand. Those drivers back then did such unbelievable things.

• @jackjohnsen8506
      @jackjohnsen8506 Рік тому

I watched ever great driver in every great car at Riverside raceway, and no one went faster than Steve MC queen, in a 908 Porsche..up the esses, turn one thru 6. I went to the first race in 1957, and the last one, and even drove the circuit in a formula ford car race car.

• @j.osborne4914
    @j.osborne4914 2 роки тому +15

Just love the curves and lines on the 917K. And the fact that it is such a scary machine really makes it something special I think

• @franciscoferraz6788
      @franciscoferraz6788 Рік тому +1

If this one is scary, I can't even imagine how the full power 917/30 was, with 1500hp 🤣 I can't believe all 6 chassis are still with us.

• @boatman222345
    @boatman222345 4 роки тому +11

The Lola T 70 was an awesome car. I saw it raced at Watkins Glen, Briar Loudon, and Limerock in the mid 60s and it was truly ahead of its time.

• @RL-es6gg
    @RL-es6gg 4 роки тому +7

Love the 'open' rear-ends of the Ferrari and Porsche. You get to see the gigantic rear-tyres in all their majesty.

• @timmarks8450
    @timmarks8450 3 роки тому +4

Wouldn’t be a UA-cam vid celebrating the most incredible sounding, never to be replaced, engines without music playing at every opportunity. It blows my mind.

• @matteosiefert846
    @matteosiefert846 5 років тому +35

The 917 is the definition of a racecar, 3 amazing cars!

• @d.e.b.b5788
      @d.e.b.b5788 Рік тому

Ferdinand Piech took a page from the NASCAR teams, finding a way to get around the rules and create a world beater with the 917s! It was a gamble, which paid off, essentially making Porsche the sports car dominant at LeMans for decades to come. With it they finally won it outright. Great car.

• @barfuss2007
      @barfuss2007 Рік тому

1500 horseporschepowers - legend

• @billknox4121
    @billknox4121 Рік тому +7

There’s nothing like a 917 flat 12 sound. All 3 are masterpieces

• @stephen300o6
    @stephen300o6 5 років тому +412

Music. To the producer, it is professional. To every viewer, it is intrusive.

• @gregrsvr3947
      @gregrsvr3947 5 років тому +33

Nailed it ! every motorsport vid these days is ruined by music when we, the people who watch this stuff, want to hear engines, do you get this producers ???

• @rockymountainrocker5630
      @rockymountainrocker5630 5 років тому +18

I'm a music producer and would never put music, especially crappy music, on a video that deserves to be heard naturally.. like this one. Too bad. I pass on this video.

• @panniecastanon561
      @panniecastanon561 5 років тому

Strat Cat
      Damn did you really have the chance to be the music producer for this video??

• @annemay2816
      @annemay2816 5 років тому

Ftu hub

• @peterb3842
    @peterb3842 5 років тому +513

Can we have a "no-music" version? Otherwise great!

• @TheGreener121
      @TheGreener121 5 років тому +14

Dis.
      Just stfu for 2 minutes and let us here the cars.

• @2Truth2you
      @2Truth2you 5 років тому +12

MotoGP. dot com and loads of others stuff up reports with background noise garbage which you can't mute. DJs should stick to clubs.

• @AirsoftReviewArgentina
      @AirsoftReviewArgentina 5 років тому +7

Agree!

• @ObviusRetard
      @ObviusRetard 5 років тому +6

yes please

• @edgarkapp2722
      @edgarkapp2722 5 років тому +19

Agree 100%. How can you make a video about probably some of the best sounding racing cars ever and then turn up the music as soon as we see them being driven?! Come on Motorsport!

• @FUNZO1975
    @FUNZO1975 5 років тому +115

To the editors:
    If you really GOTTA have the music tracks in the videos, how about meeting the viewer half way and just cut the track when the cars engines are running?
    I mean you've got to be aware that the audience here really loves cars and that you don't need to overly produce the videos with "the formula" of when and where to add sound track and fade up the volume to "keep the viewer engaged" or what-ever they teach ya'll in film school.
    With that said.........excellent video, very well done!

• @mrebbesen
      @mrebbesen 5 років тому

needs more stable shots of them just driving tbh

• @LuizFernando-pj4rp
      @LuizFernando-pj4rp 5 років тому +4

Perfect comment! Absolutely perfect

• @buzzcrushtrendkill
      @buzzcrushtrendkill 2 роки тому +1

Hear! Hear! (meaning I agree with that comment and don't want to hear muzak while the engine is running. No muzak while Franchitti is speaking would also be nice).

• @seanmennecke9868
    @seanmennecke9868 4 роки тому +7

I cannot put into words how much I love the Ferrari models from the 60's.

• @johnfalkenstine8377
    @johnfalkenstine8377 5 років тому +3

I watched all three run at Hockenheim in 71. The star had passed to the 917. It was efficient, incredibly fast and converted fuel to efficient forward motion. The 512 seemed to convert fuel to desperate noise and the T70 was a gentleman's car, not able to run up front anymore.
    It was fantastic. I had the pit next to Ferrari and watched the mechanics fill the fuel tanks with a huge funnel and cans of gasoline. What safety? Only a couple of years later I had gasoline spilled on me during a bit stop-a lot of gasoline, soaking me, and I decided to find something safer to do.

• @jase6370
    @jase6370 5 років тому +254

Fabulous but please no music!!!!

• @cameronmmj9291
    @cameronmmj9291 5 років тому +54

I got chills during the T70 section. It's amazing that Broadley offer an exact replica for less than the current road offerings of the big boys, and it's FIA approved to race in its class.... If I had £250,000....I wouldn't have it for long :P

• @cdjhyoung
      @cdjhyoung 3 роки тому +5

Ah, the current T70 isn't a replica. It is a continuation.

• @cameronmilne3590
      @cameronmilne3590 Рік тому +2

@@cdjhyoung the one in the video is an original T70 mk3b

• @andyrichardsvideovlogs8835
    @andyrichardsvideovlogs8835 5 років тому +11

T70.. still my all-time favourite racing car even after 50 years. I remember the likes of Redman, Hawkins and Bonnier hammering them around Oulton Park in the 60s. A sight and sound never to be forgotten.

• @alexandervanwyk7669
    @alexandervanwyk7669 4 роки тому +5

It was truely magical. I remember the Ferraris. As a young teen anger, that flat 12 engine gave me goose bumps. It sent shivers through your spine and needles through your ears. (They're still shattered to this day.) The Cosworth engines with that ultra low frequencies were gorgeous. Awesome time as a kid. Awesome.

• @andynixon2820
    @andynixon2820 5 років тому +1

I had a picture of that David piper T70 above my bed as a kid . Then as a grown up got to work on it - upholstering the seats and fire wall with the diamond stitching . That was an enjoyable job and in real life the cars even more beautiful than on film .

• @Arnechk
    @Arnechk 5 років тому +9

I will never forget hearing a T70 going down the Spa finish line and up the Radillion on a random trackday in the middle of May almost three years ago. I need to hear that again.

• @mattg432
      @mattg432 4 місяці тому

Same, but in 1997.

• @apurugganan
    @apurugganan 4 роки тому +3

When I was a little boy I had these three cars --all Matchbox cars in die-cast metal, and on the kitchen counter these three were racing each other to see who was fastest. The names did not matter then, but the shapes were similar. And the pit stops were critical, dangerously close to the kitchen sink =)

• @Querencias7
    @Querencias7 5 років тому +2

Hmm, to me, the music background is just fine - it has, IMO, a nice documentary feel. But those sports cars!... Terrific. Simply OUTSTANDING. I really did enjoy the looks, the sounds, the nostalgia and of course, the power. Le Mans, the 1971 movie starring Steve McQueen is my favorite racing film. My favorite car, Lola T70. My nostalgic winner. Thanks for the video MS.

• @carlcushmanhybels8159
      @carlcushmanhybels8159 2 роки тому +1

i'm pleased and surprised at the several 'secret' admirers of lola t70's in the comment. nostalgic, and artistic-emotional winner. i hadn't known so many felt the same as i, and you.

• @Querencias7
      @Querencias7 2 роки тому

@@carlcushmanhybels8159
      For sure, for sure. I even had a '71 Chevelle Malibu (sadly an unfinished restoration project) that I named 'LOLA'. (^_^)
      Best regards.

• @CastleGraphics
    @CastleGraphics 5 років тому +62

You'd think a magazine like Motorsport would understand not to put background filler music over the top of the engines of some of the best racing cars in the world.
    But you'd be wrong...

• @TheMightyAntar
    @TheMightyAntar 5 років тому +112

Fantastic - would love to see Franchitti do something similar with three Can Am cars like the McLaren M8F , Shadow Mk 3 and Porsche 917/10

• @maranick
      @maranick 5 років тому +11

and Chaparral.

• @BiteMeRightHere
      @BiteMeRightHere 5 років тому +11

And the infamous 917-30

• @mrsiravarice
      @mrsiravarice 5 років тому

I’m sure even he would still shit his pants driving an M8F

• @pckbread7543
      @pckbread7543 5 років тому

TheMightyAntar for chrissakes man we’re trying to get him back into the car, not scare the ghost out of him

• @thethirdman225
      @thethirdman225 5 років тому +1

Bullshit. He's driven 1,000 hp cars before.@@mrsiravarice

• @Discoverortho1
    @Discoverortho1 5 років тому +1

Thanks for bringing back cherished childhood ( adolescent actually) memories. Always wished the T70 would do better..Such a gorgeous car... and the noise......

• @carlcushmanhybels8159
      @carlcushmanhybels8159 2 роки тому

me too, i've always loved the t70's looks and style and sound. in historic racing, t70's are doing better than they did in their original time. at least lola t70's won 1 year of can-am, '66 or '67 i understand. love the looks and sound of the 917 too; though i recognize their dangerousness . like feet ahead of the front axle. t70 has been a sentimental favorite. revealing that dario franchitti liked driving it/ felt more comfortable in it than the other two.

• @jenniferwhitewolf3784
    @jenniferwhitewolf3784 5 років тому +69

No music... and 2 more hours of these fine cars please!

• @ExtremelyOCD
      @ExtremelyOCD 5 років тому +1

Excuse me, that would be real music!

• @davidbirch9984
      @davidbirch9984 5 років тому +1

I have no problem with the music. I do agree that the video needs to be longer. Much longer.

• @ExtremelyOCD
      @ExtremelyOCD 5 років тому +1

But there's already incredible music made by these amazing automobiles.

• @kg0173
      @kg0173 4 роки тому

​@@davidbirch9984If there is music, its should be the same age as the cars.

• @williamoleary9330
    @williamoleary9330 Рік тому +1

I mean that Lola in the green is breathtaking. DF is beyond lucky to experience these three.

• @PaulRicardF3
    @PaulRicardF3 5 років тому +10

Glorious days of Motorsport!

• @m_5373
    @m_5373 3 роки тому +2

Can-Am was a insane era for racing, Lola T70 💚

• @glenneveritt1348
    @glenneveritt1348 5 років тому +61

Nice production and no disrespect meant, but to think that these cars were all geared up with cameras and to see so little track/in car action was disappointing. 90% static and 10% on track, without the beautiful noise these cars would have made is a crime. Once in a lifetime opportunity lost.

• @theosas5267
      @theosas5267 5 років тому +4

well put sir.they make it seem almost like advertisement or something

• @ernestogasulla7763
      @ernestogasulla7763 3 роки тому

Absolutely. Dario is a nice guy but we know him as a race car driver, not a broadcaster.

• @jimpomeroy9338
    @jimpomeroy9338 5 років тому +47

It sure would be nice to hear the cars instead of the droning techno shit in the background. There's lots of talk about the great vintage sounds but all I hear is the hipster cocktail lounge crutch the 20-something film makers slather on everything they make like cheap cologne for a used car salesman.

• @glashoppah
    @glashoppah 5 років тому +1

Drooled endlessly over these when I was a kid. Thanks for the great video.

• @Troubleshooter125
    @Troubleshooter125 5 років тому +2

Wow, what an excellent tour of three classic machines! Thank you, Dario!

• @terrancetyrell6797
    @terrancetyrell6797 Рік тому

LOVED this era of racing and it's cars. It's what I grew up on.

• @danf321
    @danf321 5 років тому +13

Three beautiful awesome cars from a time when rules didn’t limit creativity.

• @tonywalker2782
    @tonywalker2782 4 роки тому +2

Pedro Rodriguez 1000km Brands Hatch 1st time i ever saw a 917 race been in love with them ever since.

• @greigsanderson
    @greigsanderson 5 років тому +2

Oh My God, I just came a gallon and I had the snip so shouldn't be possible. Thanks for uploading this.

• @douglaskirk5636
    @douglaskirk5636 4 роки тому +2

I've ALWAYS LOVED the Lola's. The 512 ALWAYS looked GREAT . . .

• @alanstanway6118
    @alanstanway6118 5 років тому +2

Just 3 iconic race cars from the days of my youth. Great to hear a driver like Dario extolling the virtues and vices of these monsters. Excellent production!

• @leslienordman8718
    @leslienordman8718 Рік тому

Love this! Thank you so much for this, all who were involved.

• @operamatthew
    @operamatthew 5 років тому

first video i have seen from this channel & i absolutely love it. love the passion and detailed description of these machines.

• @sidewinderl
    @sidewinderl 5 років тому +2

I prefer the long tail 512, but my favorite Ferrari might be the 312p. The T70 is my favorite of the 3 in the video (and definitely the one I'd buy), but my favorite from that era (not shown) is the Ford F3l (which is another one Piper owned, because of course he did).

• @davidb.n9302
      @davidb.n9302 5 років тому

the Ford F3L/P68 built by Alan Mann was a beautiful car but it was not competitive at all.

• @TheClareybrown61170
    @TheClareybrown61170 5 років тому +6

LOLA! She was a show girl! Love them all but the Lola did it for me at Silverstone Classic.

• @clairebannister4749
    @clairebannister4749 5 років тому +9

Dario is so eloquent and sums up this experience very concisely - superb.. Porsche please!

• @Gregorevn
    @Gregorevn 5 років тому +40

Very cool! but some fool put music all over the car sounds....

• @marcust510
    @marcust510 5 років тому +3

It’s always great to hear a review from a true drivers perspective. The information he conveyed about these cars I feel like I never would have known otherwise if it was just your average automotive journalist. Great video. More please! New subscriber.

• @JakobusVdL
    @JakobusVdL 5 років тому +7

Thanks for the video,
    Beautiful images and brilliant commentary and insights from someone who really knows what he's talking about.
    I can't wait to read more when the magazine arrives.
    P.s - any chance Motorsport will get Dario to write a monthly column like he used to for EVO? The mans passion for cars, history and racing deserves to be shared.

• @geoffhess2267
    @geoffhess2267 8 місяців тому

Dario Franchitti, a driver with his resume wondering at 5:50 whether he’d have the courage to drive the 917 at its full potential: that’s humility and shows his respect for this awesome race car.

• @cosicave5179
    @cosicave5179 3 роки тому +1

Three of my all time favourites. Thanks Dario.

• @rcspaintservice
    @rcspaintservice Рік тому

Awesome cars from 1970. They are all in my slotcar collection from Le Mans 1970!

• @Dave.S.TT600
    @Dave.S.TT600 2 роки тому +1

Brilliant explanations from Dario Franchitti. Thanks you so much!

• @horsepower523
    @horsepower523 Рік тому

My God how beautiful the Ferrari 512S is! What an amazing racing beast.

• @charlesjmei
    @charlesjmei 5 років тому

This was beautiful to watch, and listen to. A superb effort. I love these pieces. Great machines.

• @trance9158
    @trance9158 5 років тому +22

Oh that Porsche 917.....droooooollllzzzz

• @mikeknispel8585
    @mikeknispel8585 5 років тому +3

Great job Franchitti, more videos like that from you please.

• @mitchgawlik1175
    @mitchgawlik1175 5 років тому

I really dig this video, from the cars to the photography to the music. Yes, even the music, it was fitting.
    Dario Franchitti has the right personality to explain the details of each beautiful car and the feelings
    garnered from driving each one.

• @nnn4376
    @nnn4376 3 роки тому +2

From the late 50s to the late 70s was, in my opinion, the pinnacle of racing and performance car design. Would I choose to go back to it? Probably not because those designs killed so many drivers in pursuit of higher speed and lighter weight. But man, Im glad we have these wonderful machines to look back on.

• @cuddzilla
    @cuddzilla 5 років тому +2

It was an incredible, exciting time in motorsports history!

• @d.e.b.b5788
    @d.e.b.b5788 5 років тому +1

I remember growing up, reading about and watching these cars (as well as the Can-Am, F1 and Indy cars) racing; and wanting to grow up fast so I could maybe some day race them. We had no idea of the danger, as none of the media showed us how many died brutally in crashes back then. Not even all in races; just in TESTING! Cars would flip, even have the chassis crack apart at speed. And the fires! Holy crap. They never showed the deaths on TV, and often, didn't even mention them at all. When I got older, I wondered why anyone would voluntarily strap themselves into a tube frame car, surrounded by gasoline in metal tanks, knowing that they'd burn alive in a crash.

• @tonnywildweasel8138
    @tonnywildweasel8138 5 років тому

Fantastic racecars! Thanks for sharing, and greets from the Netherlands!

• @1bigfatslob
    @1bigfatslob 5 років тому

Excellent review of excellent cars...Thank You Dario !

• @Toni62R
    @Toni62R 5 років тому +4

Wow, the three most beautiful sportscars of all times....

• @natantaz
    @natantaz 5 років тому

Fantastic! That is exactly why I read Motor Sport Magazine!

• @walidalghamdi1392
    @walidalghamdi1392 4 роки тому

This video should have millions of views

• @THX-vb8yz
    @THX-vb8yz 5 років тому

I'm jealous..... Great little documentary on 3 fabulous cars. Nice job Dario!

• @Shedz46
    @Shedz46 5 років тому

Great video. First time viewer of the channel, and now a new subscriber. Keep up the great works guys!

• @richbonafede4546
    @richbonafede4546 5 місяців тому

Dario....I live through you my man...can always feel your passion ,respect and genuine enthusiasm. Awesome

• @stevenbuck3756
    @stevenbuck3756 5 років тому

Wonderful video! Article was great but this is even better. Franchitti clearly loves and respects these cars.

• @BiteMeRightHere
    @BiteMeRightHere 5 років тому +2

Absolutely stunning machines !!!

• @andykerr3803
    @andykerr3803 2 роки тому

Such an intimate perspective on top level machinery, not a frivolous word out of him. You sense his connection to performance and practicality. Rare.

• @williamoleary9330
    @williamoleary9330 Рік тому

Absolutely stunning beautiful. I particularly love the Porsche and Lola.

• @porker964c2
    @porker964c2 5 років тому

Great! Dario - you're a natural. More (longer) reviews please!

• @JohnJohansen2
    @JohnJohansen2 5 років тому +4

Drool!
    I simply love that Porsche!

• @johnhiggins6984
    @johnhiggins6984 4 роки тому

I am so lucky to have seen these cars race for real in the 70’s nothing like it today.

• @ZuhlJin
    @ZuhlJin 5 років тому +35

Great stuff. The music is unnecessary, Dario and the cars are the main focus. ;)

• @shininio
    @shininio 5 років тому +1

amazing video! beautiful cars

• @olivierriviere7527
    @olivierriviere7527 3 роки тому

I thought I never was an envious person but after watching a guy testing 3 legendary endurance cars from my teenager years, when i was buying all French magazines about car racing, i do feel envious. Now, with a Ferrari P4 in addition, i would have died with envy.

• @Renegade666
    @Renegade666 2 роки тому +1

Just remember the GT40 was developed from the Lola T70 so its lasting impact is perhaps even more than the other 2 cars!

• @TheBlackBaron13
    @TheBlackBaron13 4 роки тому

That seems like a magical moment to cherish

• @pabauza
    @pabauza 5 років тому +35

Respect to Bell, Ickx, Regazzoni and all the others.

• @labarone8910
      @labarone8910 5 років тому +11

Well for me it was Pedro Rodriguez who was the outstanding 917K racer.. He must have literally had grande cojones.

• @unclejimbo9881
      @unclejimbo9881 5 років тому +6

@@labarone8910 You're absolutely right.

• @davidatkins836
      @davidatkins836 5 років тому +6

Pedro my all time favourite racing driver.

• @davidb.n9302
      @davidb.n9302 5 років тому +5

Unfortunately, Pedro died on Norisring track driving a ...Ferrari 512S !
      Don't forget another great 917 driver : Joseph Siffert. And Vic Elford, Gijs Van Lennep, Gerard Larrousse, Leo Kinnunen ...

• @PaulZink
      @PaulZink 5 років тому

Didn't Jo Siffert lose his leg(s) in a collision while filming Steve McQueen's "Le Mans"?

• @Bob_Shy_132
    @Bob_Shy_132 4 роки тому +1

This one is staying in the file. And Dario, you lucky dog.

• @meshplates
    @meshplates 5 років тому

Absolutely iconic cars. The last designs that were purely emotional.

• @urielpelaezcdmx
    @urielpelaezcdmx 4 роки тому

Fantastic reportage!

• @befoot
    @befoot Рік тому

I was around eleven when my Dad took to see the 1000k of Spa back in 1971 and was Honored to see some of the most legendary race Drivers and there cars....the 917's being among them

• @rico00042
    @rico00042 5 років тому

Music or not, having one of the great voices and great drivers tell us about these historic cars did it for me.

• @sergiodavid5025
    @sergiodavid5025 4 роки тому +1

Siempre es un placer ver y oir a estas máquinas,que grandes momentos nos regalaron 😁

• @windyworm
    @windyworm 5 років тому

Saw the 917 and 512S at the BOAC 1000km race Brands Hatch, this was the first race I ever saw!
    Such sounds, such driver skills such memories.

• @bb57365
    @bb57365 9 місяців тому

Brutal, visceral, frightening cars. These were real.

• @christophernoto
    @christophernoto 2 роки тому

Dario! Dario! Dario! (And those amazing machines, of course!) 🔥🔥🔥

• @rogerredford6242
    @rogerredford6242 5 років тому

My three favorite cars. Great Video

• @robertoautore9252
    @robertoautore9252 4 роки тому +1

What a monster, that Ferrari 512S, a masterpiece, from the greatest automobile manufacturer in the world, Scuderia Ferrari 🇮🇹❤🏁👍

• @markfuckerberg9859
    @markfuckerberg9859 3 роки тому

That Lola T70 is absolutely gorgeous!

• @jarigustafsson7620
    @jarigustafsson7620 5 років тому +66

Well made, great feedback from Dario... Just dump the music, much more pleasant to listen talks.

• @martinwitherspoon7782
    @martinwitherspoon7782 4 роки тому

Dario is an awesome person I met him in a bar in 1997 at Indy cars on the gold coast Australia signed my hat and other things he was very accomodating have always followed him since think he is great all the best

• @phacomd
    @phacomd 5 років тому

“Remove Before Flight”. Ha! Live that! Thanks for video

• @douglaskirk5636
    @douglaskirk5636 4 роки тому

I can remember them ALL. The Lola was the one that started my interest in Can Am and Le Man's . . .

• @carlosmalhao9714
    @carlosmalhao9714 4 роки тому

I saw this exact Lola T70 car racing in the Portuguese track of Vila Real in the 70's. The team was David Piper's and the car had advertising to the Sandeman's Port Wine cellars. I was 18 years or so...