www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle-p...
    Jedz Moto: ► jedzmoto.com
    Chasing the Horizon Podcast ► horizon.bmwmoa.org
    The Cafe Racer Podcast ► www.caferacerpodcast.com
  • Розваги

КОМЕНТАРІ • 35

• @genegoodwin8925
    @genegoodwin8925 8 місяців тому +1

I wish the Triumphs had the old adjustment screw and lock nut system. That would be a lot eaiser and you wouldn't have to order shims and then wait for them. Value lash adjustment could be performed in no time at all with the adjustment screw and lock nut system.

• @justletmecomment6453
    @justletmecomment6453 Рік тому

You guys just sold me on a Speedmaster with this video. Triumph seemed to check all my boxes except for that awfully short service interval. I thought "Valve checks twice a year? Those are such a pain coming from my XSR700." This platform looks wonderfully thought out. Easy access to the top of the cylinder heads and you don't even have to mess with the timing. Outstanding.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Рік тому +1

Yeah buddy!
      See if you can go on a test ride.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Рік тому +1

Valve clearance check is only every 20,000 miles. Do you ride 40K a year?

• @justletmecomment6453
      @justletmecomment6453 Рік тому

@@AmenMoto Oops, I thought it was 10,000.

• @JacobVaughan
    @JacobVaughan 5 місяців тому

I didn't realise you could adjust the shims without pulling the camshaft out. thats a really good design. Are all the modern triumphs like this?

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  5 місяців тому

Yes sir. All the modern water cooled engines are.

• @spetersonmusic
    @spetersonmusic 3 роки тому +1

I just did this last fall at @12,000 miles... luckily I was in spec. It is quite an operation though, eh? LOL.

• @johnmartin7158
      @johnmartin7158 2 роки тому +2

Hi Scott ! How long does this take from go to finish to check the valve clearance ? As in from dis assembly, checking and re assembly ?
      Thanks ! NZ

• @spetersonmusic
      @spetersonmusic 2 роки тому +1

@@johnmartin7158 It took me better part of 3 days to slowly and carefully do. I took my time and have never done it before. On the 24,000 mile check, I could probably do it in half the time assuming it was still in spec.

• @Jedz123
    @Jedz123 3 роки тому

OMG I called it!

• @nickaxe771
    @nickaxe771 2 роки тому +1

Good vid guys thank you....I have an odd cold start rattle on my 2020watercooled T100 Bonnie first heard it a 500mls now done 2000mls....Triumph Dealer said dont know what it is...just ignore it....I cant do that.
    Starts around 30seconds after a cold start...only after a cold start does it rattle...as I say not right away but around 30 secs after the motor starts....I let it idle for a bit before I ride it.....the rattle then slowly disappears after around 2 mins.
    Got to know a guy online....same motor as mine the 900cc water-cooled.has exactly the same rattle...his dealer have cured it so he tells me....they say one valve had to big a gap.
    Sounds odd to me....not heard of slack valves going quite as the motor warms....or not being able to hear immediately the motor starts.
    Going to take a look at my valve clearance's myself soon....dont trust my dealer....I have worked on my own engines all my life...now 69.
    The bike is still under warranty....but when I am told...just ignore it it dont fill me with confidence.
    Nick in the UK

• @carlberg6918
      @carlberg6918 2 роки тому

HI Nick i know this might sound stupid. But the gasket might have a leak ......... just check for any small amount of oil ... just a smear???? hope this helps

• @nickaxe771
      @nickaxe771 2 роки тому

@@carlberg6918 Hi Carl....sorry mate not sure which gasket you mean

• @carlberg6918
      @carlberg6918 2 роки тому

@@nickaxe771 head gasket

• @nickaxe771
      @nickaxe771 Рік тому

@@carlberg6918 Cheers mate....will take a close look.

• @carlberg6918
      @carlberg6918 Рік тому

​@@nickaxe771 Thanks for reply Nick ..let us know what it finally was . Like you I wouldnt let it go it would drive me mad. Keep safe

• @nickaxe771
    @nickaxe771 2 роки тому

Guys interesting video....in the process of re-setting the valve gaps on my 2020 watercooled T100.
    I have a Haynes Manual Watercooled again for my specs....inlet are the sames as the figs you quote....but the Haynes fig are different from yours ie 0.12mm to 0.22mm.
    I am stuck now not knowing for sure what my exhaust valve gaps should be.
    Can I ask were you got your valve gap specs from....not doubting your figs as I have seen another vid on you tube quoting the same figs as yours.
    But being exhaust valves I dont want to sett em to tight.
    Keep up the good work....love your vids.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 роки тому

We were going from a Haynes manual I have as well, but my bike is a 2017. My bike is also a T120,. I think you should use the numbers in your manual. The difference of ten thou is most likely due to the difference in the model/engine, but also possibly due to the newer engine model year they may have changed the spec. Go with what your book says. 👍🏻

• @nickaxe771
      @nickaxe771 2 роки тому

Hi and thanks for getting back to me my Haynes manual covers bikes from 2016-2019 and quotes exh 0..12 to 0.22mm
      Yes I have now watched 3 vids on youtube quoting the same as you guys...0.08mm to 0.18mm
      My manual has a 2020 date on the first page I wonder what date is on yours.
      I am experiencing a tapping noise not long after a cold start....that goes when warmed up...around 2 mins after a cold start....been told could be a slack valve....so dont want to be setting them to slack if I can get away with it.
      Asked Triumph UK and waiting for them to get back to me....
      I am in the UK.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  2 роки тому

@@nickaxe771 It's a tough conundrum for sure. Good luck man I hope you get the tappy noise figured out

• @nickaxe771
      @nickaxe771 2 роки тому

@@AmenMoto Going to call into a triumph dealer and see if they will give me the info.
      They seem to play there cards close to there chest.

• @nickaxe771
      @nickaxe771 2 роки тому

Ok called into my local Triumph dealer.....could not have been more helpful.
      Got my bike up on his screen.....confirmed the figs in my 2020 Haynes manual...which are bigger on the exhaust valve than you guy are setting to....
      Maybe worth looking into.....you could have tighter exhaust valve that you want to risk.
      Maybe Haynes had a misprint in the earlier manuals for the watercooled engines.
      Or poss Triumph changed the spec.....I asked that question.....they could not answer for sure.

• @kapadia17
    @kapadia17 3 роки тому

Hello, I have been following up your channel and i love it. I have a 2018 Bonnie T100 and want to change the brake pads(both) at home (DYI project). Will you be able to help me out please?
    And yes, I am here in NYC.... So if your around I can surely come and see you.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 роки тому +1

Hi ! I’m in Florida. 😎

• @kapadia17
      @kapadia17 3 роки тому

@@AmenMoto can you help me replace the brakes? Meaning any step by step guide where I can do by all by myself? Any guidance please?

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  3 роки тому

Are you go buddy. It’s not very difficult, I bet you can do it.
      ua-cam.com/video/1xITumgvvS4/v-deo.html

• @ginoasci2876
    @ginoasci2876 Місяць тому

I have a knocking on a new 2022 triumph scrambler 1200xc with only 2000 miles.
    Sounds like it’s coming from the top end.
    I’m concerned about engine damage.
    The knocking sound seems to be loudest and coming from the top end on the back side near the carburetors.
    My question is could valves make this particular kind of knocking sound and would an engine with only 2000 miles need a valve adjustment?
    Could you please take a quick listen to a very short video I have on my channel.
    There are only a few videos so it’s quick to find.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Місяць тому

Have you shown the dealership?

• @ginoasci2876

@@AmenMoto : yes, the general manager has a bonneville and claims it’s the valves.

• @AmenMoto
      @AmenMoto  Місяць тому

@@ginoasci2876 ok good so have them check the clearances on them. Won’t take them long.

• @ginoasci2876

@@AmenMoto : I don’t think they’ll do it.
      It’s under warranty and they won’t get paid unless it gets approved by triumph.
      The dealer is very very difficult to deal with. They make you feel like you’re bothering them. It took ten months to get them to just acknowledge there was an oil leak even though it was staring them in their face.
      Them cleaned that part of the engine with brake cleaner and took the finish off.
      We’re not talking about your typical dealership, this place is a mess.