Changing front coil springs on a Peugeot 308 T9

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 27 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 20

• @CollegeParkbebesi
    @CollegeParkbebesi 11 місяців тому

Nice job! Thank you for the instructions! I just figured out the problem which was ongoing after they replaced my shocks and the top triangular part. The problem is they installed orange rubber under the black circular rubber not inside it. It was moving freely and making some kind of squeaking noise whenever the car’s weight pushing down the shocks as going down the speed bump etc…
    Thanks again bro you saved me!

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  11 місяців тому

Hey! Glad the video could help! Who changed this for you? I hope you went back and got them to correct it for you. Best regards Nils

• @mikesworld60
    @mikesworld60 Рік тому

To bad you don't have a garage to work in, good thing you are still young. I wonder if the horses have it better because they are inside. I was getting cold sitting in my house watching this. good job!

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому +1

Yeah, I should fix a better garage, the one I have is too narrow so its hard to do good work there. Perhaps I could move some stuff….hmmmm…Anyway, the horses are mostly outdoors but they have a good field shelter. Thanks for checking in!

• @liveworkplaywilderness1877
    @liveworkplaywilderness1877 Рік тому

Working outside is so much fun I thought you had a shop to work in

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому +2

A bit too small!! Usually do my car work at work or in the summer but this was urgent.

• @ArcticExploring
    @ArcticExploring Рік тому

Nicely done.
    It is a bit of work changing those springs, and not what I would like to do myself.

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому +1

It went surprisingly well actually but the springs themself can be difficult to remove/replace on the strut.

• @pjourneys5337
    @pjourneys5337 Рік тому +1

So nice Spring !

• @FishenOne
    @FishenOne Рік тому

I'm about to undergo the same job, and I was just wondering if there are any nuts or bolts I should be extra careful with? As in if they are prone to breakage (flashbacks to my old Audi's control arms). And thanks for the video, super informative! As a fellow scandi I sympethize with working on cars outside in the cold, especially when the car doesn't feel like being dissasembled 😅

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому

Hi! Yes extra wonderful to live in the Nordics when you have to fix the car outside….Regarding the job, it really is quite straightforward. Just clean the threads and a bit of anti-seize like 5-56, wd 40, biltema special or my personal favorite Brun-ox Turbo Spray.
      Glad you liked the video!

• @nothere7300
      @nothere7300 Рік тому

I have just done mine, one of the top strut mount bolts was seized and the captive nut in the mounting spun. I had to hacksaw the bolt head off just sing a hacksaw blade. Penetrating oil is your friend. Peugeot recommend the strut to knuckle bolts are renewed. Mine is a 2016 blue hdi 1.6 active.

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому

@@nothere7300 Always a pain when bolts brake! Good that you could get it out in the end!

• @Ants_Pants
    @Ants_Pants Рік тому +1

good job Nils. You seem to know a lot about cars, have you been a mechanic?

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому

Thanks! Yes I worked as a mechanic for a couple of years before becoming a workshop master. Now I work a technical trainer so not so much hands on any more.

• @Mpgod
    @Mpgod Рік тому

Do you know the partnumber for the springs?

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому

Hi! I got them from Autodoc, the part number was : 4066846

• @korky199
    @korky199 Рік тому

Prečo tam svietilo Servise

• @NilsKall
      @NilsKall  Рік тому

Dobrý deň, čo tým myslíte?