10 Things You Didn't Know About T1

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 6 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 1,5 тис.

• @BearPaw1783
    @BearPaw1783 3 роки тому +52

"Look at it this way. In 100 years who gonna care?" has always stuck with me.

• @joelbizzell1386
    @joelbizzell1386 3 роки тому +39

This is actually my favorite of all the Terminator movies.
    It's just so gritty and grimy.
    Love that grindhouse feel.

• @seanlamar29
      @seanlamar29 8 місяців тому +1

Grimey and gritty

• @TOCC50
      @TOCC50 8 місяців тому +1

1984 was a great year

• @joelbizzell1386
      @joelbizzell1386 8 місяців тому

@@TOCC50 ...in a sense, I suppose.
      😆

• @heisenberg8764
      @heisenberg8764 5 місяців тому

Unpopular opinion: i hate the stupid ass way john connor was actually conceived 😂
      James cameron is so overated🤮

• @shainewhite2781
    @shainewhite2781 3 роки тому +96

OJ was considered to play the TERMINATOR, but James Cameron changed his mind saying, "He's too much of a nice guy to play the role of a ruthless killer". 😳🤦

• @KMFDM781
      @KMFDM781 3 роки тому +9

Big oof

• @stevegeorge6880
      @stevegeorge6880 3 роки тому +11

Before 1994, the most terrifying role we had ever seen him in was as officer Nordburg in the Naked Gun movies.

• @bonghunezhou5051
      @bonghunezhou5051 3 роки тому +5

@@stevegeorge6880 Had OJ been cast in THAT role...1) Likely no "T3" (and beyond); and 2) Substantially reduced, if any, TV airings of the would-be pair of Terminator films since the mid-1990s 😞🤔

• @stevenyarnell
      @stevenyarnell 3 роки тому +4

And, it is very hard to see the Arnold play a nice guy. Kindergarten Cop and Jingle All The Way were ok, but the terminator films, now THEY were when Arnold was at his best.

• @barneypaws4883
      @barneypaws4883 3 роки тому +1

Too right!

• @fredhurst2528
    @fredhurst2528 3 роки тому +15

It's not like a horror film, it is a horror film. No cheesy one-liners for humor, or heart-felt family time moments.

• @xharduchar4126
    @xharduchar4126 3 роки тому +75

Funny part for me is I never realized Terminator was a B movie until my adulthood. This is the magic of James Cameron. T and T2 are on the best movies ever made list for sure...

• @andrewt6338
      @andrewt6338 3 роки тому +2

Look up Galaxy of Terror. There is a gross part. Fair warning.

• @xharduchar4126
      @xharduchar4126 3 роки тому

@@andrewt6338 Define "gross part" please? I watched it back in the day btw but I don't remember it much.

• @andrewt6338
      @andrewt6338 3 роки тому

@@xharduchar4126 a giant maggot rapes a woman.

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 роки тому +1

T1 can be also considered slasher as well as sci-fi where as t2 is sci-fi action

• @ryansizemore5064
      @ryansizemore5064 3 роки тому

Terminator 1 has always felt hard to look at to me the way it was shot. The lighting and the formatting are blurry. Wish they would do a Director's cut and enhance it. I never watch this movie though. I like T2, T3 for a laugh and Salvation for an adult John Connor payoff.

• @joeottsoulbikes415
    @joeottsoulbikes415 3 роки тому +112

When this came out I was 14 and lived in Wurzberg, Germany. My dad was in the US Army. We lived in town instead of on the military base. We were however a block from a small US Military mobile radio unit. The base only had about 1,500 soldiers but had a small cafeteria, bookstore, commissary, barber and movie theater. The theater had a screen about 12x15. That is where I first saw the movie. Then a month later it played at the big theater on the main base. The Army felt to keep moral up they would send all the new release movies they got to the smallest, most remote bases they had first. So a month later is when I finally got to see it on the big screen. I saw it a total of 10 times. 6 on the small base screen and 4 on the big screen before the movie was pulled.

• @duanethayer8716
      @duanethayer8716 3 роки тому +4

I was stationed at Schweinfurt Germany and visited the main unit at wurzberg. I saw one of the Harry Potter movies in similar fashion.

• @luoku777
      @luoku777 3 роки тому +2

Good times !

• @joeottsoulbikes415
      @joeottsoulbikes415 3 роки тому +6

@@duanethayer8716 my dad was a Sergeant Major that handled the finance of training, deployments and gear for the division. My german neighbor kids were always begging me to take them on base as guest to see movies that would not be translated and released in germany for a long time and they wanted to go to the PX and have me buy things they could not get in town or that were taxed or rationed in someway in town.

• @moistbuttmonkey
      @moistbuttmonkey 2 роки тому +4

My father was, Army as well. We were stationed in Schweinfurt. I was about 8. I found this movie to be terrifying! Yet, it captured my imagination. Still remember standing for the National Anthem before the movie. Ahhh, good times.

• @hunterolaughlin
      @hunterolaughlin 4 місяці тому

Wow! You’ve must’ve had every scene and line of dialogue memorized in your head from seeing the film 10 times! I bet 40 years ago, you could’ve recited any line or reenacted any scene from memory.

• @Joobkl
    @Joobkl 3 роки тому +93

This is why T1 & T2 was good..it had a horror vibe to it. You were genuinely scared when the T800 or T1000 appeared. The other sequels didn't envoke any genuine fear

• @brandonpage7087
      @brandonpage7087 3 роки тому +3

Boy, is that ever true!! Starting with that stinking feces, Rise of the Machines, lmao!!

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 роки тому +10

I love at the beginning of t2 you don’t know which is the good guy or bad guy till the mall scene

• @Sumermak
      @Sumermak 3 роки тому +8

That music too.

• @Shanethefilmmaker
      @Shanethefilmmaker Рік тому

Not from lack of trying though. Rise of the Machines, had two scary moments. One where the TX kills Kate's boyfriend, while the other, while posing as Kate's boyfriend she impales one of the cops through the back seat with her bare hand. Salvation's revealed that Marcus was a Terminator, was pure nightmare fuel.

• @GenghisVern
    @GenghisVern 3 роки тому +14

never expected the metal skeleton limping out of the fire-- real Jason & the Argonauts stuff!

• @quietcorner293
    @quietcorner293 3 роки тому +423

OMG LMFAO. OJ Simpson not being believable as a killer.

• @jonplaud
      @jonplaud 3 роки тому +20

Some good dark comedy

• @mainepants
      @mainepants 3 роки тому +39

Kids today are like "Who is this Orange Juice guy and whats he got to do with The Simpsons?"

• @johnrife7134
      @johnrife7134 3 роки тому +10

I mean, he got away with it didn't he?

• @MidnightRangeTM
      @MidnightRangeTM 3 роки тому +5

Oops.

• @cobrian45
      @cobrian45 3 роки тому +4

@@MidnightRangeTM ooopsiee

• @GregsVlog
    @GregsVlog 3 роки тому +36

17:09 - I talked to Michael Biehn at Spooky Empire 2021 and he said it was James Cameron's garment bag that doubled as Reese's body bag.

• @rafterscott
    @rafterscott 3 роки тому +21

8:15 Of course 9 years later in 1993 Sylvester Stallone would in fact play the Terminator in Last Action Hero.
    Kinda.

• @3000KJH
      @3000KJH 3 роки тому +2

"He's fantastic. It's his best performance ever" 😀 I love the little digs they give each throughout their movies

• @bradfordhatch5085
      @bradfordhatch5085 3 роки тому +2

That was of course a deliberate homage to the fact he was in the running to be cast in the original movie. :-)

• @orangehillcomics7830
    @orangehillcomics7830 3 роки тому +11

4:43 the Terminator doesn’t have an “exoskeleton.” He has an endoskeleton.

• @DynamicEllie
      @DynamicEllie 2 роки тому +1

I came here just to see if anyone else picked up on this. You did your country proud.

• @LKMNOP
      @LKMNOP Місяць тому

Thank you. As a scientist that ran right down my back.

• @NickP
    @NickP 3 роки тому +10

“What time is it?? It’s Awkward o’clock.”
    LLLOOOOLLLLLL

• @danielduggan5405
    @danielduggan5405 3 роки тому +54

I'm one of those people who you mention at the end. Terminator is easily my favorite in the series. The storytelling is masterful, and I think Michael Biehn's Kyle is the best hero of the franchise. In fact, the extended scenes in T2 that include him make that movie better in my mind.

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 роки тому +2

I would have kept those scenes in the movie I agree it would have made t2 so much better

• @jeremiah6462
      @jeremiah6462 2 роки тому +2

I keep wishing these T sequels that take place in the future would cast Biehn as an aged and battle hardened John Connor.

• @raz0rbladeapolo
      @raz0rbladeapolo 2 роки тому

It’s hard for me to compare Terminator and T2. Tonally, thematically, and aesthetically they are so different. They share a mythos and characters but I enjoy completely different things about both films in completely different ways. If I had to choose, my favorite of the series is Terminator Salvation. I know, I’m a weirdo.

• @jeremiah6462
      @jeremiah6462 2 роки тому +1

@@raz0rbladeapolo
      Oh man..... that one was so poorly written. I mean, it’s better than T3, genesis and this last Sheminator movie... but I can only enjoy that movie if I view it as a generic Sci-fi B movie terminator knockoff. I would agree it is the best of the post T2 movies.

• @raz0rbladeapolo
      @raz0rbladeapolo 2 роки тому

@@jeremiah6462 I can 100% say that the only reason 1 or 2 aren’t my favorites is over saturation. I’ve seen both at least once a year since release, often more than one annual viewing. Salvation does has some genuinely homey moments, but I like what it tried to do. It just did it poorly.

• @georgeheilman885
    @georgeheilman885 3 роки тому +216

"I'll be back" is widely and rightfully regarded as the movie's most iconic line, but let's not forget one of it's other, equally iconic gems, "Fuck you, asshole."

• @thefrecklepuny
      @thefrecklepuny 3 роки тому +9

And "Uzi 9mm"!

• @apex2000
      @apex2000 3 роки тому +5

True but the later isn't considered family friendly.

• @masterrserch3971
      @masterrserch3971 3 роки тому +11

And GET OUT

• @masterrserch3971
      @masterrserch3971 3 роки тому +13

@@thefrecklepuny lol love that one...I also love the one before it,
      "Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range.."
      "HEY, just what ya see, pal!"
      Lol

• @davidedge2828
      @davidedge2828 3 роки тому +11

Arnold only speaks 74 words. Most of them classic!

• @ericsalmonsen5537
    @ericsalmonsen5537 3 роки тому +7

I always loved the suspense in Terminator; all of the parts with Reese and Sarah hiding out from the Terminator.

• @NikkiWrightVGM
    @NikkiWrightVGM 3 роки тому +121

Reese pulling a gun kind of makes sense. In Kyle's word all he knows is guns and hiding, when it comes to having to fight its his instinct to reach for a weapon. You can also see immediately after he does it he makes a face like "God, what the hell am I doing?"

• @jimday7812
      @jimday7812 3 роки тому +17

I agree. Reese is a battle hardened soldier and his combat survival instinct kicked in for a few seconds before he regained his bearing.

• @satatay23
      @satatay23 3 роки тому +12

He was in love with her, from the picture John gave him. He knows how important she is to any kind of rebellion against the machines. All he was tasked with was to ensure she outlived any assassination.

• @Sweet68Camaro
      @Sweet68Camaro 3 роки тому +8

Also, when he falls asleep after hot wiring the car. He wakes up and grabs his shotgun.

• @jro3213
      @jro3213 2 роки тому

​@@Sweet68Camaro Actually even better, he falls asleep with it in his hands. When he wakes up he just cocks it reflexively

• @Another_Measure
      @Another_Measure 2 роки тому +1

I thought so too. I thought of PTSD from the war in the future.

• @marklowther3228
    @marklowther3228 3 роки тому +16

Man, this movie kicked butt! I met Hamilton and Biehn at a con a few years back and he allowed me to sit next to him and yuk it up with him for a bit. A young man even proposed to his girl while Hamilton looked on bemused. They were both awesome to meet.

• @MPT1983
    @MPT1983 3 роки тому +6

As an adult I prefer T1, T2 is brilliant for a Sci Fi action film, but I liked the more noir style of T1, you never really felt the characters were safe and the odds seemed more stacked against them, in T2 you just knew Arnie was going to keep John safe, even Sarah basically a trained soldier at this point.

• @nickperkins8477
    @nickperkins8477 3 роки тому +74

I do appreciate James Cameron’s apparent disinterest in doing a Director’s Cut with better effects. Let the movie be what it is. It’s still pretty fantastic.

• @chrisvetor
      @chrisvetor 3 роки тому +6

But he approved the new audio track, which in my opinion sucks compared to the mono mix

• @TheRealNormanBates
      @TheRealNormanBates 3 роки тому +4

@@chrisvetor what.. you don’t like how Arnold’s gun sounds like it’s _sneezing?_

• @chrisvetor
      @chrisvetor 3 роки тому +3

@@TheRealNormanBates lol what you mean?

• @TheRealNormanBates
      @TheRealNormanBates 3 роки тому +5

@@chrisvetor when Arnold fires his .45 with the laser scope in the new 5.1 audio (specifically when he kills the first Sarah Conner), it makes this goofy, high pitched sound like a sneeze.

• @chrisvetor
      @chrisvetor 3 роки тому +3

@@TheRealNormanBates ah yes now I know lol, yeah it doesn't sound as menacing as the original mono audio

• @cognitivedissidents4642
    @cognitivedissidents4642 3 роки тому +26

When Cameron was filming Aliens in the UK the crew felt this upstart Yank was treading onto Ridley Scott’s turf, but then Terminator came out and Cameron gained new respect. (Or at least that is what I’ve heard.)

• @Loader2K1
      @Loader2K1 3 роки тому +2

James Cameron is actually Canadian, believe it or not.

• @cognitivedissidents4642
      @cognitivedissidents4642 3 роки тому +2

@@Loader2K1 Ha, my bad! I’ll put him on my list along with Shatner.

• @Resimaster
      @Resimaster 2 роки тому

Cameron tried to organise a screening of The Terminator for his Aliens crew so they could see that he knew what he was doing, but by that point there was so much hostility that no one turned up and eventually Sigourney Weaver had to step in and reestablish some unity.

• @SlickforceTV
    @SlickforceTV 3 роки тому +133

Your OJ moment made this video. Another great one, Minty!

• @Auditorius7
      @Auditorius7 3 роки тому +2

In fairness, though, I know people love to make the joke Minty made about Cameron not thinking he'd be believable in that role, given what he is believed to have done (I have to phrase it that way because he wasn't convicted, and too much mishandling of the investigation all but assured we'll never have the full real story of what happened. Only God, the victims, and the killer {whomever that truly is} know for certain).
      However, if people are actually honest, prior to the Bronco chase and the trial, what about OJ gave anyone watching him on TV with NBC's NFL coverage or as Nordberg in the "Naked Gun" series, the impression that he could be capable of that kind of range. He was "The Juice", all smiles and positivity, and as Nordberg (his only really note worthy film role, which didn't happen until 4 years after Terminator), he was a loveable, hapless bumbler.
      So the joke is actually kinda stupid when you consider that in order for Cameron to have looked at OJ and thought he'd have the "range" to be a "killer", based solely on his film/tv work to that point (which consisted of mostly cameos and bit parts, meaning he was being sought out for his NFL fame, and not necessarily any true acting talent), he'd have to have hindsight of an event that wouldn't happen for another 10 years at the time, or be aware of what OJ was like when the camera wasn't on him.
      Plus, the joke is pretty tasteless, given the real world ramifications attached.
      Not saying anyone needs to apologize for using a tasteless joke, because who hasn't said one at some point in their life. Just pointing out that low hanging fruit does not always the best joke make.
      Keep up the good work, Minty. I do genuinely like it. 😊

• @quanbrooklynkid7776
      @quanbrooklynkid7776 3 роки тому

@@Auditorius7 damn

• @daLukasMain
      @daLukasMain 3 роки тому +2

@@Auditorius7 shut up

• @sweetguy19762
      @sweetguy19762 3 роки тому

Why is everybody obsessed with terminator?

• @mousemacleod9184
      @mousemacleod9184 3 роки тому +2

That has been an ongoing joke everybody that has done a Terminator review after the OJ Simson case has to point out

• @timboslice9905
    @timboslice9905 3 роки тому +18

It makes perfect sense to do the sequel first, Minty. They’re time traveling films. You’re working your way back through time like the Terminator.

• @bradfordhatch5085
      @bradfordhatch5085 3 роки тому +1

Actually Minty reviewed T3: Rise of the Machines a year or more ago. So he did that one before T1 or T2. :-) Not sure if he's done any of the others.

• @timboslice9905
      @timboslice9905 3 роки тому +2

@@bradfordhatch5085 Then, in regards to the trilogy, my theory holds! He did T3, then T2, and then T1. Backwards through time.

• @bradfordhatch5085
      @bradfordhatch5085 3 роки тому +1

@@timboslice9905 Yep! :-)

• @asa-punkatsouthvinland7145
    @asa-punkatsouthvinland7145 3 роки тому +29

I'm one of those fans that feels the first Terminator is the superior film.
    Terminator 2 definitely had more ground breaking special effects, more impressive action, etc. but it lacked the feeling of hopelessness.
    What I mean by that is in Terminator 2 we knew Arnold win.
    Yes the t1000 was very methodical and impressive but nobody thought Arnold would lose he was the hero at that point in a prominent leader leading man in action movies.
    The first Terminator is darker grittier, it takes place mostly at night (as opposed to the second one which has many Day scenes), and call Reese's words are so very well echoed when he says the Terminator will not stop ever!
    The Terminator gets damaged and keeps coming then burnt and keeps coming then blown up and still keeps coming!
    It's just a deeper scarier psychological thrill then the second one.
    That being said Terminator 2 is definitely a better action film but as far as just comparing the two movies I do feel the first Terminator is the best.

• @feck2594
      @feck2594 3 роки тому +5

Although we might be a couple of the very few that think the same about the original I completely agree with you. I've said this many times over and over and finally someone agrees with me.

@asa-punkatsouthvinland7145 3 роки тому +5

@@feck2594 yes we are a small group..but that doesn't mean we are wrong

• @mexicangomez31
      @mexicangomez31 3 роки тому +2

Kinda like the alien series. Still good films

@asa-punkatsouthvinland7145 3 роки тому

@@mexicangomez31 that's the truth!

• @feck2594
      @feck2594 3 роки тому +1

@Meta Man without a doubt I have to say that T2 is the greatest sequel to a already great original ever made. Aliens to Alien is a close second .

• @dantespimp
    @dantespimp 2 роки тому +13

Both Terminator 1 and 2 are my favorite movies. But personally, for me, I still lean toward T1 being the better of the two, at least in terms of having a tighter, more visceral feeling story. The audience can follow along its underlying themes/messages without having their hand held. With T2, while it does great as an action-packed story, I always felt it delivered its underlying messages/themes in a campy Saturday-morning-lesson-to-kids style. Everything is so apparent and, at times, cringey (especially with the thankfully-cut-version of old Sarah Connor talking about Michael Jackson's birthday 😬). That all said, I still love T2 to death and, as a kid, watched it waaaaaaay more than T1. It's only now that I'm older, I can finally appreciate T1's quiet, subtle, and intense storytelling and pacing.
    BTW, as a Kyle Reese/Michael Biehn fan, don't get me started with Genisys' shitty version of the Kyle Reese character. Holy shit, did they royally screw up my boi! 😭😠 He's supposed to be this battle-hardened silent guy suffering from PTSD, but they got this beef-cake actor cracking stupid one-liners every 5 seconds. WTF.

• @kevenrdavenport108
    @kevenrdavenport108 3 роки тому +14

8:12 "In order to get things done, you have to scare the shit out of people!" Love it

• @1antti
      @1antti 4 місяці тому

Hollywood: taking notes

• @stevenkmiller
    @stevenkmiller 3 роки тому +37

There wouldn't be The Terminator, Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees without The Man in Black.
    No, not Johnny Cash! I'm talking about Yul Brenner's character from the 1973 movie Westworld. A cold-blooded, relentless, methodical, nearly-indestructible killer who predates all of them.

• @michaelgamble2848
      @michaelgamble2848 3 роки тому +8

Great movie, one of my favorite Yul Brenner roles.

• @plo617
    @plo617 3 роки тому +10

I've been a Terminator fan for decades. I remember watching the original on VHS over and over and was absolutely thrilled when I heard that they were finally coming out with a sequel. I use to think T2 was better, but as I got older, I've learned to appreciate the original more and prefer it over its sequel. I think the Terminator franchise works better as a horror/action combination than it does as a pure action film. I believe the story is much more consistent than T2.

• @pamelamays4186
    @pamelamays4186 3 роки тому +44

I'm surprised that The Terminator wasn't adapted into a Saturday morning cartoon like other R rated films like The Toxic Avenger, Rambo First Blood and RoboCop

• @Tiajones333
      @Tiajones333 3 роки тому +3

Me too

• @LostOneOmega
      @LostOneOmega 3 роки тому +2

Too long a concept. The others can have a Rogues gallery. Terminator just has... the terminator 🤷🏿‍♂

• @n000g
      @n000g 3 роки тому +4

There was a cartoon planned for T2. There's concept drawings on the web. It never got far, though.

• @SlapthePissouttayew
      @SlapthePissouttayew 3 роки тому +1

lol--I imagine there would've been an odd colored robotic dog and maybe Mr. T as a guest star.

• @gullscomic
    @gullscomic 3 роки тому +44

Mike Meyers wore more than a "white Halloween mask". He wore a William Shatner mask. Mike is secretly a Trekkie!

• @gargnob
      @gargnob 3 роки тому +2

Trekkies will kill us all!!!

• @Nickr3000
      @Nickr3000 3 роки тому +4

And in Halloween 4 he wears a Data mask but no one ever talks about that. My three favorites are Halloween, Halloween II and Halloween 4. Halloween 4 is my second favorite with the first sequel being my absolute of the franchise.

• @TheRealNormanBates
      @TheRealNormanBates 3 роки тому +2

@@Nickr3000 the “next generation”? 😉🤣

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 роки тому

Take the data mask off michael

• @erikliljenwall8185
      @erikliljenwall8185 3 роки тому

You mean Michael Meyers, right?. Mike is the guy who played Austin Powers. If not, that would be a really weird movie.

• @olliesmith2890
    @olliesmith2890 3 роки тому +4

I proudly have the posters of Arnie in The Terminator and T2 on my wall, beside each other. The two greatest sci fi movies ever IMO(with Cameron making the other of my top three Aliens). Jim made the best three movies in the genre, a icon.

• @allenlovell1604
      @allenlovell1604 Рік тому

I bought an original unused movie poster [ I think 🤔 ] from Suncoast/ Sam Goody video before they went bankrupt . Still wrapped in cellophane 😊😮 !

• @morningstar577
    @morningstar577 3 роки тому +20

🎶You've got me burning
    You've got me burning
    You've got me burning in the thirrrrd degreeee🎶

• @opkb4e
      @opkb4e 3 роки тому +2

Tina and the triangles.

• @MsAmalia07
      @MsAmalia07 3 роки тому +1

@Ronald Schepers my at home pole dance studio is called Tech Noir- but It’s not on Pico Blvd 😻

• @MikeG82
      @MikeG82 3 роки тому +3

hey that guy didn't pay....UGGGGHHHH

• @MsAmalia07
      @MsAmalia07 3 роки тому +1

@@MikeG82 lmao 🤣

• @RonJomero
    @RonJomero 3 роки тому +3

I really like the parts where Kyle said he always wondered what Sarah was thinking about when the picture was taken. And then at the end we find out she was thinking of him in that moment.

• @gcrosheffielduk
    @gcrosheffielduk 3 роки тому +9

The best of all the Terminator movies IMO. One of my favourite films of all time yet all this stuff I didn’t know about! Thanks Minty! 👍👍

• @jonathantillian6528
    @jonathantillian6528 3 роки тому +7

There's a lot more to the Ellison / Cameron story.
    When Tracy Torme, a producer and fellow screenwriter, visited the set of _Terminator_ several times and talked shop with Cameron.
    When Trome asked Cameron where he got the idea for his film, Cameron flat out said, "I ripped off a couple of Ellison sotries."
    Trome told Harlan the outline and Cameron's remarks, so Harlan asked to see a copy of the script (not an uncommon thing) and lodged an inquiry with SGA.
    Orion and Hemdale refused to both hand over a script or let Ellison attend a screening of the film (to put things into context, Ellison was considered one of the most important sci-fi writers and critics in both TV and film).
    Now things proceed to Ellison and SGA threatening a court case against Orion and Hemdale.
    After Orion executives questioned Cameron about the script and his influences, it was determined that Orion would go to court only if Cameron agreed to pay any damages.
    This means, in short, that Orion didn't believe Cameron thought up _Terminator_ all on his own and didn't want to foot the bill because the case was too shaky and not in their favor.
    Cameron claims it was a nussiance suit, like a patent troll but for movies and TV, and he would've won the suit.
    Orion Pictures, meanwhile, very aware they'd probably lose the suit, actually paid Ellison a consulting fee to review another picture they worked on a couple years later.
    See, these two guys Newmeier and Minter, wrote a screenplay called _Robocop_ that was, more or less, the exact same plot as a TV series called _Future Cop_ which itself was the subject of a plagirism lawsuit by, you guessed it Ellison and Ben Bova.
    in 1980 Ellison and Bova won the _Future Cop_ lawsuit to the tune of $337,000 (just over a million in today's dollars).

• @JaneAxon123
      @JaneAxon123 3 роки тому +1

Blimmin heck if they make the same story but better who cares, there are no truly original stories any more anyway.

• @NinjaRunningWild
      @NinjaRunningWild 3 роки тому +2

@@JaneAxon123 Because copyrights matter, especially when you're the one whose work is being plagiarized. Suppose your coworker took credit for your work & the boss instantly agreed & gave your paycheck to them. You'd be OK with this? I thought so...

• @Frankie2012channel
    @Frankie2012channel 3 роки тому +4

ONE trivia note you missed: In the 1984 interview with James Cameron by SOF magazine, Cameron mentioned another scene (a single shot really) of the Terminator with all of the guns he stole from the gun store in Southern California on the table with some tools. Cameron is smart, so he knows that you can only buy legal length carbines (16" barrel for the Uzi carbine) and all guns are just SEMI AUTO. I was alive and buying guns in 1984 so having all of these scary 'assault weapons' being readily available cash and carry in California was correct for the time. But the Terminator FIRES full auto from his AR-180 and also his Uzi 9mm (Which also has the barrel cut down to 10" submachine gun length). Cameron filmed a quick shot of the guns, disassembled on the table with tools, implying that the Terminator CONVERTED the weapons into full auto fire himself. When asked by gunsmiths how that is possible without actual machining tools like lathes and other big tools in a machine shop, Cameron mentioned that the terminator himself is a machine and he can accurately fabricate precise full auto parts by hand with hand tools. It was an interesting note, and more proof that Cameron at least paid some homage to the reality that you can't just buy machine guns over the counter from a gun store.

• @v_zach
    @v_zach 3 роки тому +34

Interesting fact: There is a Kevin Collins poster in the police station. For those too young to remember Kevin Collins was a real-life missing child who made national headlines. It was a big story. Sadly the case was never solved.

• @Olkv3D
      @Olkv3D 3 роки тому +3

Bummer, man.

• @tomfrazier1103
    @tomfrazier1103 3 роки тому +5

This was the first movie I saw a lot on a VCR. My Aunt had a VCR rig and we watched it a lot, and shared her like instantly. I was a native Californian, and my Mom was a Sci-fi head already, so it took hold. One of the last words/concepts that my Grandfather learned was "Cyber". He was always a futurist, as he learned telephony in WWII and carried on as a civilian. He had to drop out of High School during the Depression as Great-Grandpa was an alcoholic teamster . He lived a good blue collar life and was a good person.

• @ajakuk1
    @ajakuk1 3 роки тому +25

This film scared the hell out of me as a kid. Terminator was well before it's time and now is a classic.

• @Vaporvice84
      @Vaporvice84 3 роки тому

Same here.

• @Vaporvice84
      @Vaporvice84 3 роки тому +2

@@FlameBunny Remove the 2 head impalings the T-1000 does to the foster father and the fat security guard, as well as the 5-6 F-bombs throughout the film, and it's PG-13.

• @thegrandduke1076
      @thegrandduke1076 3 роки тому

@@Vaporvice84 yes but over all feel of T2 is a family friendly action movie, cheesy gags and a friendly terminator Is all you need!

• @Vaporvice84
      @Vaporvice84 3 роки тому

@@thegrandduke1076 Yes, I basically just said that.

• @thegrandduke1076
      @thegrandduke1076 3 роки тому

@@Vaporvice84 yes I was just agreeing and also just thought I'd express my opinion as well for when I later get attacked for having that opinion.

• @loka7783
    @loka7783 3 роки тому +8

Bonus Fact: According to James Cameron the scene where Arnold punched through the window of the station wagon in order to steal it was done without any kind of permissions ahead of time. So yeah, Arnold really did punch through that window while everyone was watching up and down the street hoping the police or someone else wouldn't catch them in the act. ;)

• @Hicks-g1m
    @Hicks-g1m 3 роки тому +11

The Terminator still one of the best movies ever made that will forever and always stand the test of time

• @dennisanderson3895
    @dennisanderson3895 3 роки тому +6

"Masterpiece" is apt! I saw T1 in theater when first released and was thrilled (at age 24)! I was so so drawn into the storytelling, I didn't notice if some FX looked off. (Willing suspension of disbelief.) Even if it sounds like like the production was a hot mess, it all came together perfectly. And the perfection of 1 is what made the twist in T2 work! (An awesome pair of films!)

• @citomp1240
    @citomp1240 3 роки тому +8

Some things just can't be improved upon. This is one of them. It all came together like a perfect storm.

• @davidedge2828
    @davidedge2828 3 роки тому +6

Watched this in 1989 when I was 15. It struck me that it was more prophecy than film then, and this feeling has never left me. Indeed, today, I think it's just a matter of time before AI decides humanity can cease to exist.

• @Vaporvice84
    @Vaporvice84 3 роки тому +30

Cameron also took a lot of inspiration from "Somewhere in Time" for both the love story in the terminator and Titanic. 2 people in love, either separated by time, with a momento that travels across time (the photo of Sarah, and the emerald necklace), and even a photo of the lady, with the man wondering what she was thinking of when it was taken, and the twist being that she was thinking (or looking) at him. In "Somewhere in Time" the momento was a pocket watch, and like the photo of Sarah and the emerald necklace, it ties the 2 lovers together in an endless time-travel loop (though granted in Titanic, it's just memories, and the "time travelling" is from her narration that we the audience get to see).

• @erikkroll2154
      @erikkroll2154 3 роки тому +2

When you said that, I thought of Iron Maiden.

• @Vorticy135
      @Vorticy135 2 роки тому +1

@@erikkroll2154 same here lmao

• @DanielMartinez-el3uz
      @DanielMartinez-el3uz 2 роки тому +1

Don’t forget the movie 🎥 Avatar which was about a guy falling in love 😍 with a female alien being

• @robertbruce7497
      @robertbruce7497 Рік тому +1

... also inspired by 1921 berlin stageplay - rossum's universal robots (R.U.R. by Karel Kapeck) - the first time the russian word for "worker" or "to work" is used to describe mechanical machines or
      "robots",... presumably the original inspiration for this type of science fiction genre,...

• @CoolMovieRatings
    @CoolMovieRatings 3 роки тому +6

Even though I prefer T2 to this one (it’s my personal favorite movie) T1 is a masterpiece, and it is still one of the best films of all time hands down.

• @beeftestosterone4355
    @beeftestosterone4355 3 роки тому +68

So, Arnold was so enthusiastic about the role that he won over Cameron and got the part, then called the film a piece of shit and wasn't enthusiastic about it at all? Doesn't make sense

• @daLukasMain
      @daLukasMain 3 роки тому +16

He coud have obviously changed his mind after months of filming and taking the break to film conan 2. Makes perfect sense.

• @CsykKrit
      @CsykKrit 3 роки тому +8

Actors don't know the final product while shooting. They shoot a lot of extra to be able to change the story based on focus group feedback.

• @stogieguy7201
      @stogieguy7201 3 роки тому +2

No clue about the whole truth but I will say that he could have very well and even more than likely... wanted the paycheck.
      *Edit typo

• @nealsterling8151
      @nealsterling8151 3 роки тому +7

People used to change their opinions at times.
      I know, it's unthinkable nowadays. ;)

• @beeftestosterone4355
      @beeftestosterone4355 3 роки тому +4

@@nealsterling8151 I won't change my opinion that you are a huge fruitcake ever

• @tun-tunninc.6492
    @tun-tunninc.6492 3 роки тому +27

The Terminator having actual eyeballs is actually chilling. Arnold was already intimidating in this role.

• @themetalone7739
    @themetalone7739 3 роки тому +3

Another random fact about one of the effects: there are multiple scenes in which the terminator is seen to be smoking, and some of them were made by applying a diluted acid mixture onto his clothing (leather jacket, for example).

• @bigkmoviesandgames
    @bigkmoviesandgames 3 роки тому +14

The best terminator film

• @djtoxicdhg
      @djtoxicdhg 3 роки тому +2

No thats t2 but t 1 is a close second.

• @SuperSegaUltra
      @SuperSegaUltra 3 роки тому +2

I disagree part 2 is the best but 1 is still a good movie

• @bigkmoviesandgames
      @bigkmoviesandgames 3 роки тому +3

@@djtoxicdhg I disagree.

• @richardmoores
      @richardmoores 3 роки тому +4

I agree with Big K

• @SuperSegaUltra
      @SuperSegaUltra 3 роки тому +3

I love both movies and to be fair anything after T2 is ither terrible or meh

• @caitlin4695
    @caitlin4695 3 роки тому +2

When you said “eww” to the day old Big Mac.... 😂 absolutely perfect 😆

• @mr.cringe2.059
    @mr.cringe2.059 3 роки тому +5

Minty, is there anyway fans can submit movies they would like to see you go over?
    Also, please do o brother where art thou

• @bastih.5264
    @bastih.5264 3 роки тому +1

As a kid I preferred T2 cause it looked flashier. But growing older I grew fondly of T1. It looks way more raw and pure. To me you can't get more 80's than this.

• @alphantom0657
    @alphantom0657 3 роки тому +20

I love how Minty refers to Arnold Schwartzenegger as "Arnie" throughout the video like he knows him personally 😂 Also, surviving on Big Macs with long shooting days could explain James Cameron's mood swings. Dude was hangry

• @Dommommy
      @Dommommy 3 роки тому +2

And probably had bubble guts

• @queenbeeps9992
      @queenbeeps9992 3 роки тому +2

Ikr hungry man is a angry man

• @alphantom0657
      @alphantom0657 3 роки тому +1

@@Dommommy That too! 🤣

• @JaneAxon123

Doesn't everyone call him Arnie?

• @mainepants
    @mainepants 3 роки тому +28

My favourite story about the filming of Terminator is that the set for Tech Noir was so good that people thought it was a real nightclub and tried to get in.
    I thought Arnie was much better as a villain than a hero, he has such a menacing presence in Terminator.

• @Vaporvice84
      @Vaporvice84 3 роки тому +3

One of the few Arnie flicks where I can actually believe in him as the character, and not just Arnold being Arnold lol.

• @siavoshkasravi398
      @siavoshkasravi398 Рік тому +1

He was not a hero. He was just a machine.

• @jonathantillian6528
    @jonathantillian6528 3 роки тому +7

Bonus fact: Michael Beihn almost didn't get the role of Reese because he was working on a stage production of _Cat on a Hot Tin Roof_ and worked hard to affect a Southern accent which he couldn't shake during the first audition.

• @HunterPBrown
    @HunterPBrown 3 роки тому +63

Between this and it's sequel... Jesus, ask a mother with twins who her favorite child is.

• @ayderla789
      @ayderla789 3 роки тому +8

the younger one.....i mean t2 is better....but its done in such a way that builds upon the original and there for doesnt stand on own....or i should say its better when seen after the 1st one just like alien/aliens

• @Derrick-hz4bh
      @Derrick-hz4bh 3 роки тому +6

Obviously its t1. T2 is besides the groundbreaking fx a kidsmovie. The terminator isnt allowed to terminate 🙄 t1 is a dirty and bloody b Movie with the right amount of brutality. Aaawesome

• @chrisbole8339
      @chrisbole8339 3 роки тому +2

I feel this lol

• @tun-tunninc.6492
      @tun-tunninc.6492 3 роки тому +2

The 2nd one. Hands down. 😊

• @quillanthrasher6846
      @quillanthrasher6846 3 роки тому

Amen brother amen

• @LearnAboutFlow
    @LearnAboutFlow 3 роки тому +2

Wow! Congrats on finding material that I, as a Terminator fan but not a super fan, had never heard before.
    I never knew about the low budget, but even when I saw the movie for the first time I couldn't understand why scenes kept switching from 'expensive-looking' effects to cheap toy models that were obviously fake.
    While T2 was great in its own right, Terminator was so unique and so intriguing it really is the best of the series.

• @jackwatsonepic626
    @jackwatsonepic626 3 роки тому +13

This was a perfect role for Arnold I couldn't imagine anybody else playing this part especially OJ Simpson they would definitely of cast him wrong in that roll ?

• @bye007
      @bye007 3 роки тому

would definitely have cast him

• @injunsun
    @injunsun 3 роки тому +2

Omfgs, Minty, you have outdone yourself here. This is one of my all time favourite movies. I had the ginormous VHS release poster on my teenage bedroom wall. I had read Arnold's autobiography. Linda Hamilton, she had been in a movie where her character was a faith healer, where she took the diseases of people into herself with her touch. That end scene of Terminator, driving away from the gas station? In the faith healing movie, the last scene was her as an owner of a desert gad station, knowing she had just one healing left in her. She hugged a young boy, a cancer victim, taking his cancer into herself, knowing she wouldn't be able to heal from it. The boy and his family drive away, them not knowing what she had done for him. If that doesn't break your heart, you don't have one.

• @grapeshot
    @grapeshot 3 роки тому +5

The police station massacre scene and when she was dreaming about the future and that Terminator came in and laid waste to everything. With that 50 caliber laser machine gun .Those have always been my favorite parts in the movie.

• @Demigod_3scrub
    @Demigod_3scrub 3 роки тому +2

The tech noir soundtrack is forever embedded in my brain
    R.I.P. Stan Winston , Dick Miller, Yaphet Kotto..
    And can i just say .. Micheal Behin is the 1 of main reasons the film works so well.. Without him? I just don't if it would be the same..

• @dunc_leaper
    @dunc_leaper 3 роки тому +3

Without doubt the greatest Sci-Fi film ever made (in my opinion) The Tech-Noir nightclub scene is brilliant and so well made, the unknown of who's the stalker / killer and the way the film and music slows down to like a dream like sequence

• @carlhowells7361
    @carlhowells7361 3 роки тому +2

Another great 10 things. These are always vids I look forward to. You are quite good at the narration. Been a fan for a couple years now but this was the first time I’ve felt compelled to comment. Great job man keep up the good work, and thanks for doing these.

• @JediJunkie247
    @JediJunkie247 3 роки тому +5

Biehn originally thought The Terminator sounded silly.
    Yup, because being stalked by an unstoppable futuristic cyborg sounds like a comedy.

• @darinlunderman8063
      @darinlunderman8063 3 роки тому

It actually does sound silly if it was pitched to him by some casting agent instead of by James Cameron.
      "Hey buddy, some new guy named Jimmy C-something is making a killer-robot flick right now and there's a part open. You interested?"
      Would you take the concept seriously if that was how you were introduced to it?

• @eduardopipinel
    @eduardopipinel 3 роки тому +1

It's awkward o'clock 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Indeed it was 😆
    On a side note, I think the effects for the fake Arny head and the skeleton's stop motion, although a little off, adds to the erring atmosphere of the movie. I remember watching it as a kid and being terrified, then I watched it as an adult and found it a little off, yet erring. So, I'd say it's still a great job 👍

• @stephenwilliamson8012
    @stephenwilliamson8012 3 роки тому +19

This is still my favorite Terminator film.
    I read the novelization of the film, which I believe was written by Cameron. I’ve heard his scripts usually start out as nearly a novel and then he trims it down and makes it a script. Anyway, I loved the paradoxes. In the novel the T800 would use a scalpel and cut open the leg of each Sarah Conner he killed. The fragmented records from the future showed that the one they wanted had a surgical staple or screw in her leg. But he wouldn’t have found the right Sarah based on that, because she got the staple during the final scene when she was injured by the exploding Terminator when Kyle Reese was killed.

• @TheRealNormanBates
      @TheRealNormanBates 3 роки тому +4

Now I’m going to have to seek out the novelization.

• @stephenwilliamson8012
      @stephenwilliamson8012 3 роки тому +5

@@TheRealNormanBates It was a good read. It had some more future war scenes and a scene with Reese and John Conner before he goes back.

• @Thunderflare99
      @Thunderflare99 3 роки тому +2

That's right! I posted a comment about the novelization. I recall it coming out about five years after the movie, & when I saw it at a store I was like "why did this come out now??"

• @ottobaron6392
    @ottobaron6392 3 роки тому +2

The biggest problem for me with Terminator 2, was having the remains of the Terminator form the first film, the whole basis of Skynet. It makes no sense to me that the technology that was discovered from the first terminator, led to the technology that would create the first terminator.

• @MrIncreddible79
      @MrIncreddible79 2 роки тому

There's a specific name for that paradox. If you go back in time to change an event you end up becoming the cause of that event.

• @shainewhite2781
    @shainewhite2781 3 роки тому +6

16:00, RIP, Stan Winston.

• @shannonoshea644
    @shannonoshea644 3 роки тому +2

Seriously one of the best UA-cam channels in existence, even more so it's here at home in Australia, love it minty !!!

• @davidedge2828
    @davidedge2828 3 роки тому +3

Cracking content brother! Long term sub but only just started commenting to content makers. You always make me laugh - cheers for that awkward o' clock! Love from England. Biehn is awesome!

• @demonsty
    @demonsty 3 роки тому +1

minty, this and the t2 vid are your recent best man. so good they really make me wanna re-watch them. plus the james cameron fever dream sketch of the terminator is so awesome i never knew about it.

• @leonswan6733
    @leonswan6733 3 роки тому +17

This is the movie that started me as a " Movie Buff " as a kid. 1984 at 5 years Old, my mother did take me to see Conan the Destroyer in the movie theater, I saw The Terminator on VHS From the rental store a few months later ( 80`s) . Wowed and amazed me. Truly a Game Changer in cinema. These movies and the Mad Max, Robocop movies really took cinema to another level A++++

• @brandonpage7087
      @brandonpage7087 3 роки тому +1

I agree, & i too, am inspired by this period, in film. It's a period that can never be duplicated. Yeah, that vhs cover of the Terminator, was one of the vhs covers I remember freaking me out, as a little child, & it always stuck with me.

• @jimbowlan5804
      @jimbowlan5804 3 роки тому +1

I always loved the vhs cover of predator and aliens

• @leonswan6733
      @leonswan6733 3 роки тому +2

@@jimbowlan5804 Yep The 80`s was the days. If I had a time machine and I could only choose one decade to go back too and visit then return to the present, It would be the 80`s

• @OrangeHatReviews
    @OrangeHatReviews 3 роки тому +1

First, love your videos. Currently doing Discussion Streams of the Terminator franchise. Also, the deleted scene where Kyle pulls the gun on Sarah, that is reflex on Kyle's part. Remember, this man has been fighting machines for most of his life, any sign of pain that cant be ignored is worthy of response. When she hit him, she most likely through him mentally back to 2029 where he was fighting the machines. Great video, will be checking out your T3 vid soon.

• @GhostDaDog
    @GhostDaDog 3 роки тому +6

Love your work buddy.

• @tonyfromtaos
    @tonyfromtaos 3 роки тому +1

Minty, Wow this was one of the best movie videos you've made. This 10 things you didn't know perfectly articulates why it is such an important classic from the sci-fi genre. Cheers

• @mreeping
    @mreeping 3 роки тому +4

Yay!! Wait, didn't you already do this one?

• @MrWoodMan23
      @MrWoodMan23 3 роки тому +2

T2 recently.

• @mreeping
      @mreeping 3 роки тому +3

@@MrWoodMan23 i know that and t3 but i swear he already covered this. Not complaining by any means, just deja vu i guess. Lol

• @MrWoodMan23
      @MrWoodMan23 3 роки тому +1

@@mreeping I agree haaa

• @nathanielsmith9400
    @nathanielsmith9400 3 роки тому +1

Before T1, James Cameron also played a really big part in Galaxy of Terror (despite only being credited as production design). Despite it being a low budget Roger Corman film, I honestly think it deserve a video here.

• @bigstackD
    @bigstackD 3 роки тому +128

Anyone who actively chooses to watch part 2 first when part 1 is readily available makes my brain hurt as why that choice was even made🤯🤯🤯

• @HunterPBrown
      @HunterPBrown 3 роки тому +21

I was kind of forced to by my parents. For some reason the violence of T2 wasn't as bad for me as a thirty second sex scene in T1.

• @masterrserch3971
      @masterrserch3971 3 роки тому +1

Lol

• @tiffanyspencer1082
      @tiffanyspencer1082 3 роки тому +23

The second one was played on TV more when I was growing up. But both movies are amazing. The first one feels more like a horror movie with the second being all action

• @FUBARguy107
      @FUBARguy107 3 роки тому +8

The second one was on TV and I watched it. I never knew they were a thing until I saw the second one.

• @canislupus5025
      @canislupus5025 3 роки тому +9

Nobody cares what you think about it.

• @merman1974
    @merman1974 3 роки тому +2

Loving the T-shirts, and I found the section on deleted scenes particularly interesting. A good point on the way it is more of a horror movie too - that relentless, unstoppable Terminator is like so many horror protagonists.

• @djtoxicdhg
    @djtoxicdhg 3 роки тому +9

2 banger vids back to back from minty gg mate.

• @thefantasticretroreviewer3941
    @thefantasticretroreviewer3941 Місяць тому +1

I just watched it on VHS for the first time...........AND MAN DID I HAVE A GOOD TIME WATCHING THIS FILM!!

• @throatwobblermangrove8510
    @throatwobblermangrove8510 3 роки тому +17

Watch the movie again. They couldn't have just used the make-up instead of the fake head because he was performing surgery on his eye. Imagine Arnold putting an X-acto knife into his real eye.

• @brandonpage7087
      @brandonpage7087 3 роки тому +5

I see nothing wrong with the effects in the eye scene. In my opinion, they are still effective. I know that when i first watched The Terminator, with my parents, as a toddler, that scene where he takes his eye out, scared me, & stuck with me for years.

@throatwobblermangrove8510 3 роки тому

@@brandonpage7087 Regardless of what it looked like to you as a toddler, it looks fake. That's what's wrong with it. That being said, it wasn't the place to have Arnold use face makeup in case he accidentally injured himself.

• @GlitterGothBunny
      @GlitterGothBunny 3 роки тому

I put this with the scene in Total Recall where he pulls thr tracker out of his nose. It does look like a fake head/robot but still a very cool effect. It didn't take me out of the movie thinking omg thats so fake.

@throatwobblermangrove8510 3 роки тому

@@GlitterGothBunny Also when he removes the female head when he gets his ass to Mars. ;-)

• @RangaTurk
      @RangaTurk 3 роки тому +1

@@brandonpage7087 I first saw this scene on free-to-air TV in late 1987 and I'd admit, it was hard to stomach.

• @80s_kid
    @80s_kid 3 роки тому +2

Thanks, Minty! It’s always a little weird for me when I read or hear that the Arnold robot puppet didn’t do/age very well because in addition to talking about a movie released in 1984 we’re talking about a cyborg. It couldn’t be more authentic to me than seeing a weirdly moving “lifeless” creature in these scenes. (Yes, an infiltrating unit should be human-like but Arnold also emphasized with his robotic behavior that he’s not a human.) Obviously it might be different for those who look at it for the first time today, maybe it’s more confusing to them. We were terrified in the 80s as a kid, it was so scary. The motion capture technique is also fantastic in it. As a matter of fact the well-done practical effects to this day are competitive with the computer graphics.

• @bradbland9307
    @bradbland9307 3 роки тому +5

He wasn’t a cyborg . A cyborg is a human with robotic and mechanical upgrades or implementations. He was a robot covered with flesh.

• @robertmiller9735
      @robertmiller9735 3 роки тому +1

Usage of the word varies. Personally, I'd like to limit the term to a being whose brain is part biological and part not, i.e. Robocop.

• @ethelredhardrede1838
      @ethelredhardrede1838 3 роки тому +1

I think of it as a reverse cyborg.

• @robertmiller9735
      @robertmiller9735 3 роки тому

@@ethelredhardrede1838 Yes, pretty much.

• @Xpat_Chat_Channel
    @Xpat_Chat_Channel Рік тому +1

Another factoid - in the flashback sequence where Reece encounters a future Terminator that finds the human base, it’s played by Franco Colombo a bodybuilder buddy of Arnold’s. They were both featured in the documentary “Pumping Iron” years before. He also has a cameo in the first Conan as a tatted up feral scout.

• @scthomas1982
    @scthomas1982 3 роки тому +6

Never seen a minty video this fresh!!

• @AllanAdamson
    @AllanAdamson 3 роки тому +1

the times I've spoken with Arnold he's been extremely nice.. professional... energetic.. the guy you saw in the movies

• @unperson5713
    @unperson5713 3 роки тому +9

Exoskeleton: a rigid external covering for the body in some invertebrate animals, especially arthropods, providing both support and protection.
    Key word External. If it is internal, it is just a skeleton.

• @the_once-and-future_king.
      @the_once-and-future_king. 3 роки тому +19

Well in scientific terms, it's an endoskeleton.

• @Morgil27
      @Morgil27 3 роки тому +1

@@the_once-and-future_king. which is what they call it in the movie. "A metal endoskeleton surrounded by living tissue".

• @unperson5713
      @unperson5713 3 роки тому

@@the_once-and-future_king. Thank you. Always correct the corrector.

• @the_once-and-future_king.
      @the_once-and-future_king. 3 роки тому

@@unperson5713 Well it's semantics mostly, but don't want some grammar n@zi butting in and calling you dumb.
      Your description of an exoskeleton was spot on!

• @mimseydemon1844
      @mimseydemon1844 3 роки тому

It's not internal though. It's how the terminators normally look when not disguised. Even when covered up with with flesh, it's the skeleton providing support and protection. What happens to all the meat on top of it makes no difference to a terminator being able to function.

• @irishbears2103
    @irishbears2103 3 роки тому +1

Terminator was the first movie I ever binge watched as a teen. When it first came out on vhs, I watched it over and over back to back for about 2 days, and then at least a couple times a week for another month.

• @1983jblack
    @1983jblack 3 роки тому +6

When Biehn initially auditioned for Reese, they didn't like him because he had a southern accent. This was due to him playing in Cat on Hot Tin Roof just prior

• @sabufinisher
      @sabufinisher 3 роки тому

yep i think they talked about in the DVD special feature too bad it wasn't mentioned in this video

• @Morgil27
    @Morgil27 3 роки тому +1

I knew every single one of these things just from pouring over the DVD special features. Shortly after DVD players first became mainstream in the early 2000s, this and T2 were some of the first DVDs I bought.

• @EvilJ069
    @EvilJ069 3 роки тому +3

"Almost looking apocalyptic as well" Welcome to L.A.!

• @robertmiller9735
    @robertmiller9735 3 роки тому +1

One thing I've never heard discussion of is what a marvel of biotech that skin suit must be.

• @lethalwolf7455
    @lethalwolf7455 3 роки тому +11

If the titanium alloy doesn’t fit, you must acquit😎

• @Drunkenmaster2000
    @Drunkenmaster2000 3 роки тому +1

My friend Ray Sager (who played Montag in the original "The Wizard of Gore" (1970)) was hired on as a line producer when "The Terminator" was originally to be shot in Toronto - Ray worked closely with James Cameron figuring out all the Toronto locations until the film production moved to LA.

• @Vaporvice84
    @Vaporvice84 3 роки тому +9

Love the review Minty but I wish you would've mention Brad Fiedel's fantastic score which severely helps set the horror movie tone. A shame Cameron made him redo the entire score for T2 instead of bringing back a lot of the cues and melodies (future war theme, chase music theme, police station shootout, etc...).

• @JaneAxon123

That signature do-do-do-dodoo.... the printer in a place I worked made that same pattern of sound, I loved it whenever someone printed anything. Hey maybe that's what inspired it, and the printer company can claim copyright lol.

• @paranoyd70
    @paranoyd70 Рік тому +1

I think that another reason why this movie (T1) was also well liked is because just when you thought it was over, it just kept going. When the truck exploded (with the terminator inside), many thought it was over, but then the terminator rose up out of the flames and the movie kept going. Then when Reese put the pipe bomb into the terminator & exploding & sending metal terminator bits flying, again people thought it was over, only to have a severely damaged but still dangerous terminator start crawling towards an injured Sarah Connor.

• @jopiaspieder1184
    @jopiaspieder1184 3 роки тому +5

OJ Simpson would of been a Killer in that role, he was clearly a Cut above the rest who auditioned

• @christianboyd4635
    @christianboyd4635 3 роки тому +1

I saw this in the theater in 84, I went alone to a matinee and fell in love with it, I thought it was the most badass thing I had ever seen. Kyle Reese was the coolest dude ever.