CREEKSIDE MTB Trails in Valparaiso // MIDWEST Mountain Biking - Siskiu T8

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 5 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 21

• @MTBTrailRider
    @MTBTrailRider  2 роки тому +3

Only the green trails allow foot traffic for hiking, the blue and black trails are bikes only. There are several wooden features throughout the whole park including progressive drops and wall rides. They are working on building sessionable dirt jumps at "The Farm" which is needing to get re worked after the long winter.

• @vogt666
    @vogt666 2 роки тому

Great video. I'm buy my first mtb this weekend and this trail system will be one of the first that I hit up

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider  Рік тому

I hope it went well for you! Creekside is a great spot to ride and improve your skills.

• @tinycmo
    @tinycmo 2 роки тому

Fort Custer has a cool trail as I recall. And that kal-haven trail was pretty cool. Might could bikepack that one.

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider  2 роки тому

I remember the kal-haven trail from a loooooong time ago. Should check it out again. Probably a good gravel bike trail if I recall. Hoping to explore a lot of the Midwest trails so maybe you can experience some nostalgia from your time here. Haha

• @tinycmo
      @tinycmo 2 роки тому

Please do. And I do enjoy them vicariously. Raising my kids there in Michiana was a great experience.

• @tinycmo
    @tinycmo 2 роки тому

Hey, live in Chattanooga, but used to live in Niles. Nimba is really expanding and making it look good up there. But I will tell you, the new Cottontail experience at the Biology trails is pretty nice.

• @MTBTrailRider

Oh wow! Small world. It’s definitely improving since I remember it 10 years ago. But I feel like we are in the Stone Age when I compare it to Chattanooga and what I’m used to riding. Trying to get involved with Andrews university and help improve/update some of their trails. Getting some headwind but we’ll see

• @lastname1386
    @lastname1386 2 роки тому +2

So if u don't mind me asking why the big move from Chattanooga? So much has opened up here on top of Jordan's place

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider  2 роки тому +2

I know… it’s actually quite depressing. Walden’s ridge that’s opening is the dream. So much progressive riding there and would have been only 20 min from where I lived. We moved because both my wife and I grew up here and both our families are in the same town in SW Michigan. We really wanted our two young boys to get more time around their cousins, uncles, aunts, grand parents, etc. we were only seeing them maybe once a year. We didn’t have any family in Chattanooga, and my wife really missed the family ties. I got offered a job that pays very well so the move just kind of happened… but it’s put a MAJOR damper on mountain biking opportunities. :(
      I am planing to make a trip down to Chattanooga soon. Trying to hold out for when Walden’s ridge opens.

• @lastname1386
      @lastname1386 2 роки тому +1

@@MTBTrailRider I just have more respect for you, that was totally a selfless decision, iv seen u from time to time on the trails i road the Trek stache 7 , now iv upgraded to the full suspension Stache , lets ride when u get here id love to actually get to know u , i know ur a Godly young man so hang in there bud The Lord is in control my friend, and don't forget me u might teach me something lol and cotton tail is awesome now too at white oak

• @MTBTrailRider

@@lastname1386 thank you, I really appreciate the kind words and the encouragement. I need it cause this winter has been brutal! Haha..
      God has a plan.
      What’s your name? Not sure who “last name” is. 😆 I’ll be sure to post something on Facebook, Instagram or Strava when I’m heading to Chattanooga but will be easier if I can reach out directly if I need to when I’m visiting.

• @lastname1386
      @lastname1386 2 роки тому

@@MTBTrailRider Shannon S is my name on strava lol what's urs and ill look for u on there in the morning

• @MTBTrailRider

@@lastname1386 www.strava.com/athletes/mtb-trail-rider
      Johnathon Jorgensen

• @BikesNBreweries
    @BikesNBreweries 2 роки тому

Potential to be a sweet place

• @MTBTrailRider

Potential.. yes. I think it looks more rough than normal cause we are still coming off winter and there’s still no green yet here. Haha

• @Radical911
    @Radical911 2 роки тому

You filmed a day before our trail work day. Feel free to HMU for a guided tour and possibly some skills coaching. :)
    P.S. Change you rear tire if you dont want to work so hard ;)

• @MTBTrailRider

Going to have to switch out for a full XC bike to keep from working so hard. Still getting used to the Midwest trails… and how flat everything is.

• @MTBTrailRider

It was really soft out there and like you said; you had a trail work day right after, I’m sure this place is running good in the summer.

• @Radical911
      @Radical911 2 роки тому

@@MTBTrailRider Change tires before you change bikes. Dissector Fr/ Forkaster rear is a good rolling combo that still grips decent

• @MTBTrailRider

@@Radical911 yea I wasn’t planing on actually switching bikes. Just more of a joke. I actually like the Maxxis recon in the back - down south I loved the dissector front and back for the trails I was riding.