Never Get Scammed! Master Your Manila Philippines Naia Airport Taxi Ride | T3 🇵🇭

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 1 лип 2024
  • Get Your Bag and a GRAB Taxi without getting Scammed at Manila Philippines Airport NAIA Terminal 3
    DON'T BE SCAMMED - follow our arrival tour and see a stress free guide to getting out of the airport with your bag and Grab Taxi to your destination.
    Never Get Scammed! Master Your Manila Philippines Naia Airport Taxi Ride | T3 🇵🇭
    When are you visiting the Philippines?
    #philippines #naia #video #videos #dumaguete #kapwing #epidemicsound #cebupacific #sillimanbeach @CanadianInPhilippines #dumaguetephilippines #livinginphilippines #kapwing #canva #beach #manila
    ** Breaking News January 2024 **
    Taxi Driver arrested - details to follow in updated Video Jan 26, 2024.
    Also 2 Expats Scammed:
    An experienced American traveller scammed at NAIA T3 by metered taxis and "helpers" curbside.
    He took a Metered taxi (NOT Grab), as only going a short distance to hotel across from airport.
    - Quoted 1,500P (10X Grab guaranteed rate) by metered taxi
    + 2 guys who said helped find the taxi pressured him for 500P each, so an additional 1,000P
    + on arrival the driver asked for "a Brown One" 500P, which he also gave, so an additional 500P
    He knew was being scammed. But said after long flight was tired and just wanted to get to his hotel and see his GF. He didn't want to argue and paid the money. Once at the hotel he checked on Grab and learned the Grab Fare would have been 150P!!!
    Therefore paid 3,000P for a 150P ride. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU - TAKE GRAB!
    Note: I saw a similar think in 2019 where I saw a guy quoted 3,000 to go to Makati - I helped him go a few feet away to the GRAB booth and he got a ride for under 300P, so in 2024 they are still scamming.
    So much to see ... last seconds of arrival into Manila, Landing, Baggage pickup, how to get and where to get a GRAB so don't get ripped off by taxi, international arrivals, meeting point for international arrivals and domestic arrivals inside T3, let's walk to GRAB Booth, in GRAB, how to deal with Tolls when in GRAB, SKYWAY toll road, beginning of drive to Sheraton Manila Bay
    Scam-Proofing Your Manila Airport Taxi Ride | NAIA T3
    For the full Manila arrival tour Click on this link • When are you visiting ...
    from landing in Manila, getting checked bag and Grab Taxi and full drive to Sheraton Manila Bay, tour King size room inside Sheraton Manila Bay, pool at Sheraton Manila Bay, Dolomite Beach Manila Bay, US Embassy right beside Dolomite Beach, Filipina wife's US Embassy Visitor Visa In Person Interview SUCCESS ...
    Watch our channel and see my retired life in the Philippines and make yours much easier and more enjoyable!
    PLEASE Subscribe, click here: / canadianinphilipipnes
    and check out these other videos / cip_longvideos
    Thank you for your support. Salamat Greg and Lindie
    Music from #epidemicsound
    The Final Cut by Hampus Naeselius
    www.epidemicsound.com/track/k...
    VIDEO CHAPTERS
    00:00 Manila NAIA T3 Arrival
    00:29 After Landing Enter Terminal, next stop baggage claim
    01:06 Bag Pick Up Area
    01:53 BEST Meeting Spot in T3 Arrivals - for International and Domestic Arrivals (side by side)
    02:13 Now Let's Get a GRAB
    03:01 GRAB Booth
    03:29 1 minute in GRAB - see the link in Description for Full Drive to Sheraton Manila Bay
    04:46 Ask Driver to Take The SKWAY - worth the extra cost huge time saving

КОМЕНТАРІ • 168

• @jomanmac
    @jomanmac 7 місяців тому

Only stupid people fall for scams lol

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  7 місяців тому +12

SORRY rainbell rain @jomanma WHAT A RIDICULOUS COMMENT
      So you know the famous taxi scams in Manila? And as I commented to others it is not unique to Manila - it happens everywhere BUT THIS VIDEO IS EDUCATING people who arrive in Manila.
      I am just trying to educate people don't get ripped off by meter taxis that will cost a fortune in Manila traffic when you can take a safe, preset price ride at a fraction of the cost of the taxis you first see when you exit the airport.
      HOPEFULLY more travelers will see the video and others like this and not be fooled - to call someone STUPID who trusts an approved taxi service is completely wrong and insensitive to people who haven't visited before. So nice that you are experienced all over the world and you never get ripped off - must be so nice to be such a world traveler. Have a great day rainbell rain @jomanma

• @malseswerf9820
      @malseswerf9820 5 місяців тому +2

@@CanadianInPhilipipnesthanks for educating us. I went to manila for the first time there. Upon exiting terminal 3, I haven't noticed that there's a grab booth nor I was educated enough to use Grab app. I went further down that exit then few scammers across the road saw me there and innocently booked them not until we arrived at my destination which is in BGC where they asked for 1.5k pesos fare! I'm afraid to resist since they're two on van and it's just me. I spent most of that night contemplating what had happened and thank God that nothing happened to me. Thanks so much again!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  5 місяців тому

WOW Malse Swerf @malseswerf9820 thank you so much for sharing your story. Don't be hard on yourself as they are very convincingi and strong willed. It is important to share stories so people know it is real and there is a reason to be careful and not be like JOMANMAC who says "only stupid people fall for scams" - he is completely wrong.
      I just had lunch last Sunday with an American who arrived in Dumaguete for a few weeks - he had been to Manila before and told me even though he knew to be careful he was only going to a nearby hotel so thought it was ok to take a metered taxi instead of Grab. TOO BAD GRAB IS SO EASY, especially the Grab Booths are at all 4 terminals in Manila and they are open 24 hours per day 7 days per week and will help anyone book a grab taxi if they don't have the app to do it themselves.
      Here is his story - he said it was ok to use his name, but I don't want people sending him rude comments so not including his name:
      Am experienced American traveller scammed at NAIA T3 January 2024.
      He took a Metered taxi (NOT Grab) because he was only going to a nearby hotel.
      - Quoted 1,500P for metered taxi (10X Grab guaranteed rate)
      + 2 guys who said helped him find taxi pressured him for 500P each, which he paid
      + on arrival the driver asked for "a Brown One" 500P, which he also paid
      He knew was being scammed. But said after long flight from the USA was tired and just wanted to get to his nearby hotel and see his GF. He didn't want to argue and paid the money to avoid conflict. Once at the hotel he checked on Grab and learned the Grab Fare would have been 150P. Therefore paid 3,000P for a 150P ride.
      In your case I checked the Grab Fare Check page and found from NAIA T3 to BGC, I picked the Shangri-La Hotel at the Fort as an estimate to BGC the fare would have been around 230P to 320P - so when the driver charged you 1,500P they made good money. I am glad you were safe. I doubt they would try to do anything there as there are so many CCTV cameras.
      The great thing about Grab, as I had mentioned before - you get the vehcile make, color, plate number, driver name and photo and they have to pass many checks to be hired by Grab. I get nothing from recommending them Grab but I have used them many times in Manila and Cebu, when I lived in Manila and visited there as well as when visited Cebu.
      Amping Greg

• @jdanlemz210
      @jdanlemz210 4 місяці тому

bellend!!!

• @timmytravels23
      @timmytravels23 5 годин тому

Hey I was going to say the same comment Greg. Haha. Only stupid people. 😂😂

• @ellaham3085
    @ellaham3085 8 місяців тому +1

Thanks very helpful.! I've never been in the Phil. For 10 yrs. I really appreciate your guide. !

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  7 місяців тому +1

Maraming Salamat Ella Ham @ellaham308 for your nice feedback. Hopefully you can return to the Philippines soonest!
      Amping Greg and Lindie

• @take.action2023
    @take.action2023 9 місяців тому +1

thanks for sharing

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

You are welcome Walay Sapayan take.action @take.action228 - I am a big fan of Grab we just used them again last month when we were in Manila returning from our holiday. Amping Greg

• @davidtinkers
    @davidtinkers 8 місяців тому +1

Good information. Thanks

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Salamat davidtinkers @davidtinkers - we just used it again in October and my wife used it this week in Cebu and the best way to get a fixed rate so there is zero stress when you are stuck in Manila or Cebu traffic - the price doesn't keep going up. When we took it from NAIA to the Sheraton Manila Bay in Malate in October it was 400P for 2 of us and we had 6 bags. One guy commented he stayed down the street from our hotel and he paid 1,300 for 2 of them and only allowed 2 bags, extra bags cos extra! I am guessing 2 with 6 bags like we had would have cost 2,000 booking through his hotel - our Grab bill of 400P in a brand new car to ourselves rather than a van stuffed with other hotel guests was a great deal.
      Amping Greg

• @chemicals8916
    @chemicals8916 16 днів тому +1

Thanks for the video and the tips. I even see you go to great lengths in replying with detailed information. I’ll be heading over next year and arriving at 1am. This video has helped me out immensely. And I’ll be watching the other videos shortly.
    Thanks for sharing.

• @Deej_jeffs
    @Deej_jeffs 11 місяців тому

Where the best living in the Philippines 🇵🇭 😊. Thanks for sharing 👍your video 😊

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  11 місяців тому +2

Hello deej jeffs vlog @ik20797 It really depends your likes and interests. The best thing to do is to visit and explore.
      I came in 2017 for 4 visits (7, 10, 14, and 30 days) retired in 2018 to Alabang (Metro Manila) but escaped to Negros Oriental and enjoyed the quiet life. But I moved to Carmona Cavite and then was stuck there during the Covid lockdown - so wasn't able to explore much. Finally got out of there to BGC - Metro Manila when domestic travel was still not allowed but was able to explore again once it opened up March 2021 and ended up moving back here in October 2021.
      We are here because my wife is from Negros Oriental - if I was single not sure where I would be. Manila, Cebu (I call mini-Manila) too busy for me - really depends on what you are looking for. But every island has similar to here - small towns with mix of small town living and beach living. Travel within the Philippines used to be amazingly cheap - still is cheap compared to Canada/USA but not as cheap anymore. Cebu Pacific and PAL Philippine Airlines and a few smaller regional carries makes air travel easy here - in addition there is a great ferry system for island hopping and exploring. I like Dumaguete as a base - good living options at a fraction of the cost of Manila , modern hospitals, lots of restaurants, beaches etc and good airport, ferry terminals so you can explore the rest of Philippines and beyond. The only thing about around here is there are no quality golf courses - I was spoiled when I lived in Carmona Cavite and BGC so many amazing golf courses there. Amping Greg

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
    @CanadianInPhilipipnes  Рік тому +2

Please help our channel reach 4,000 View hours - we have 28,000 View Hours (as of June 11, 2023) but UA-cam doesn't count Short View Hours, please check out some of our long videos. click here ua-cam.com/play/PLeG3ZTV1b_0kBw_24nn2qzmba9T63WQyy.html

• @leimomilouie7835
    @leimomilouie7835 8 місяців тому +2

Thank you so much for sharing… Will be heading to Manila in November will be taking Grab!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Leimomi louie @leimomilouie7835 I hope it worked well for you (or will work well if not yet here) - we used it again Oct 25 after our 6.5 week North American tour and my wife used it in Cebu on Monday this week when she returned from Singapore - stress free way of travelling through both Manila and Cebu which both have crazy congested traffic. One guy mentioned he used the hotel shuttle van which was 3X the cost of our Grab to Malate and his hotel was next to ours - GRAB is the way to go ! Amping Greg

• @iJSabelle007
    @iJSabelle007 Рік тому +2

This info will help a lot of travelers, especially the first -timers.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  Рік тому

Hi iJ Sabelle @iJSabelle007 hope you are well - your boss is sooo STRONG!! Great song also!!
      Salamat for the feedback - I really love the GRAB because you get the car description, license #, driver name, photo of driver and in the 7 years I have used them when in Manila (was a mix between Uber and Grab at first until they merged) - I haven't had a bad driver. Some are quiet - but I like chatting them - where are they from, how long a shift they are working - some work such long days - I also try to surprise them with a cash tip rather than adding it to the app (sometimes I don't have cash so I just add it to the app) - they are always grateful. I like the no surprise pricing and you can follow along with the app while driving to see your progress to your destination.
      Amping take care with your boss - hope you are doing the exercises also - STAY STRONG 😉, Amping Greg

• @paulpenders3092
    @paulpenders3092 Рік тому

great video, thanks for sharing😀😀😀

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Thanks for watching paul penders @paulpenders3092 and for the feedback. I can see you and your maganda Filipina are so happy - by the way I showed Lindie your smiling profile pic - I asked her if I should grow a beard too - she laughed and said if I did I have to grow hair on my head ALSO - looks like it is NO BEARD FOR ME !! 😱😜😂
      Amping Greg

• @morriskuso
    @morriskuso 7 місяців тому +1

Thanks, very informative. I'm planning for a trip to Cebu and I'm so appreciative.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Glad it was helpful Morris Kuso @morriskuso I was just in Cebu last week - the International Airport looks great but Cebu is not my favorite Philippines destination - probably been there 10X since 2017 and it is basically an overcrowded mini-Manila.
      I took my wife and her cousin to the airport for their vacation to Singapore. Will never do that again - was a long day, short ferry drive but then the drive to Cebu was terrible and Google maps underestimated the drive time by 2 hours (7 not 5) - so slow driving up island because of construction and when there is no construction the one lane each direction road are often blocked by their trikes going 25 to 30 km/hr, which Google maps doesn't take into account.
      I got a hotel near the Ayala Mall and came back the next day - went to the PRA Satellite Office another wasted trip - they don't do anything they just take renewal form and proof of payment and ship them to Makati and say will get your new card by courier in 30 days (200P). Every year I have renewed in Makati - they are very courteous and professional and have a cashier so there is no need to go to LandBank to prepay like you do if you visit the PRA Cebu Satellite Office. Also in Makati the whole process takes an hour - walking out the door with your new card. The PRA Satellite office in Cebu is in a sketchy tower - behind a hotel, walk through the parkade and go to the back tower (not the hotel like it says online) and the floor is dark when you get off the elevator and there are cats running around - besides the PRA tiny office there is only one other office on the floor.
      When my wife and her cousin flew back to Cebu on Monday they came back to Negros by Ceres Bus and I picked them up at the Sibulan Port. When they flew into Cebu Airport they used the Grab to get to the Ceres Terminal and was very easy to use just like Manila.
      I hope you have a safe enjoyable trip to Cebu. Amping Greg

• @nykko73
    @nykko73 4 місяці тому +1

excellent my friend i appreciate😀

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  4 місяці тому

You are veyr welcome nyk73 @nykko73 Amping take care - I did an update video also in January 2024 as some foreigners told me of recent scams and a white taxi driver was arrested after scamming a couple leaving the airport by using a fake rate card, that scam has been going on for years here - more reasons to go safely with Grab.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @marianeil6630
      @marianeil6630 15 днів тому

Did you pay the Skyway, toll because some Grab drivers is passing the bucks to the passenger

• @amiebantuas8439
    @amiebantuas8439 2 місяці тому +1

Thanks youre sharing sir 🙏🙏🙏

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  2 місяці тому

Walay Sapayan amie bantuas @amiebantuas8439
      I have seen some almost get scammed and I directed them to the Grab Booth and have had viewers share their experiences at NAIA, in addition to the ones I have read in the news. This is just the reality of most big airports there are scams all over the world - but hopefully people wll become more educated. Amping Ma'am Amie, Greg

• @SimpleDidz42
    @SimpleDidz42 Рік тому +1

Is this new video nice looks all busy 😂😂

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  Рік тому +1

Yes was from our Manila trip - we took the GRAB Taxi from T3 to our our hotel and it was P400, very cheap compared to the metered taxis or hotel van pickup services.

• @darlayjones669
    @darlayjones669 13 днів тому

You did a great job👍. Thanks, and be blessed 👍👍👍👍

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  7 днів тому

Hi darlay jones @darlayjones669
      Your words mean a lot to me, thank you for taking the time to watch and comment.
      Sorry a bit late but your comment arrived as I was in the middle of very long days of editing - AND I read them at the perfect time RIGHT AFTER reading a rude comment that misquoted what I said - those ones always give me a headache. I have been told to delete comments like that but I try to answer the best I can - even though it doesn't end up helping!
      Amping take care and again thank you so much (maraming salamat) Greg

• @madzms937
    @madzms937 7 днів тому

good advice thank you planing to go later this year

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  7 днів тому

Hi Madz Saballa @madzms937
      Thank you for the kind words! I hope your trip later this year is everything you're hoping for.
      I am not sure if you saw these 2 videos:
      (1) I did an updated Scam video as a white taxi driver was arrested for very common scam at the airport and also a few people commented how they were scammed, and both were by white taxis - as I mentioned the safe option is the Grab Taxi and their booths are in all NAIA terminals and open 24x7. The link to the updated video is: ua-cam.com/video/JvoPQjprmqc/v-deo.html
      (2) for those that are not staying in Manila they often have to transfer to another of the 4 NAIA terminals to continue the Philippines travel - I did a video on how to take the free NAIA Transfer Bus - the key is not to exit the terminal you need to access it inside the terminal and it goes in a loop to all 4 terminals - we used it a few times and it is a great service, the link to the airport shuttle bus video is ua-cam.com/video/wYWb_xNcXSo/v-deo.html
      Take care Amping, Greg

• @manojfernando1028
    @manojfernando1028 Місяць тому +1

salamat po

• @midnightpoetisa
    @midnightpoetisa 2 місяці тому +1

Thank you! very helpful!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Salamat thank you M. Poetisa @midnightpoetisa
      I am glad you found it helpful and thank you for letting me know.
      I did an updated video in 2024 after there was an arrest of driver of a white taxi from NAIA Airport (doing a long standing scam for decades using fake way over inflated rate cards - had a fare to Antipolo Rizal, should have been under 1,000 and he tried to charge 7,000 (3,500 per person) but they called the police - I also included two recent examples from people who commented on the channel with their experiences of being scammed at NAIA.
      If you have a chance check that video out also, here is the link: ua-cam.com/video/JvoPQjprmqc/v-deo.html
      Take care Amping Greg

• @clive3001
    @clive3001 2 місяці тому +1

This is very imformative and educative... cheers bud'

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Salamat thank you Clive Skywalker @clive3001
      I am glad you found it helpful and thank you for letting me know.
      I did an updated one in 2024 after there was an arrest of driver of a white taxi from NAIA Airport (doing a long standing scam for decades using fake way over inflated rate cards - had a fair to Antipolo Rizal, should have been under 1,000 and he tried to charge 7,000 (3,500 per person) but they called the police - I also included two recent examples from people who commented on the channel with their experiences.
      If you have a chance check that video out also, here is the link: ua-cam.com/video/JvoPQjprmqc/v-deo.html
      I am up in the mountains this week in Negros Oriental so if you need any tips on talking to water buffalo or having a bath in a mountain spring check them out !! Not great info for visiting Manila but I hope people see an interesting part of the Philippines away from the high end resorts.
      Take care Clive, amping Greg

• @clive3001
      @clive3001 2 місяці тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes Merci Greg... Em' just subscribed to your channel.. Danke' for all the deets, it will be very helpful when I do visit the Phili in the latter half of the year.. will just need to re check on the Grab taxi booth, if the same does exist at the last quarterf the year... Ciao for now !!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Great they SHOULD be there Clive Skywalker @clive3001 🙏 - hope we didn't jinx their operation 🙈
      They have been there for years, I first used them in 2017 as well as Uber (but then Grab took over Uber in 2018 and Uber got 25% of Grab on the deal - so they are partners).
      There is a Grab Booth at each NAIA terminal and they are open 24 hours 7 days per week, even on holidays. If you got to Cebu our tour around SE Asia you can also use them.
      If you can it is best to download the GrabApp - if not do after you get settled at your hotel. The booth will do everything for you but I like using the App and doing it myself.
      Grab is great for all travels, ordering food, pharmacy, even groceries if needed. I have never used the Motorcycle taxi versions here in the Philippines they can get you somewhere quicker but I lived in Manila for 2+ years and always just adjusted my departure time - I prefer car travel in Manila than motorcycle guys riipping between cars.
      Amping take care until your trip and I hope you have an amazing visit to the Philippines - but be WARNED - my first trip was April 2017. I loved it do much I didn't want to complete my next week in China - but I did and then came back to the Philippines in June 2017. After 4 visits here I retired here in Sept 2018 - so be careful the Philippines bug may get you also!! 🤓😜
      Greg

• @mjmarinajessselincorner7911
    @mjmarinajessselincorner7911 2 місяці тому +1

This is a great info

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Maraming Salamat MJ Marina Jessselin Corner @mjmarinajessselincorner7911 for the feedback. I am glad you liked it. Amping/Ingat Greg

• @goutam6640
    @goutam6640 9 місяців тому +1

Thank you very helpful ☺️

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  7 місяців тому +2

Salamat Goutam @goutam6640 glad you liked it and let us know. We just used it again when we stopped in Manila for a night on the way back from our holiday. Amping take care, Greg

• @goutam6640
      @goutam6640 7 місяців тому

Yes you are absolutely right greg, i was curious about those other taxis ,i was about to go to caloocan, i showed them my location they asked for 1300 pesos,then i came to Book the grab the way you showed us,it costs me 550 , so thank you for such helpful video, it saves my money, blessings

• @luv2cure1
    @luv2cure1 Місяць тому

We really appreciate it for letting us know

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  Місяць тому

My pleasure luv2cure1 @luv2cure1
      If you get a chance please check out my 2024 updated video
      ua-cam.com/video/JvoPQjprmqc/v-deo.htmlsi=TAxv06qfhIrFJ9GB
      I posted it after a NAIA white taxi driver was arrested for trying a long running scam from the airport with Fake Rate Cards - they show the rider here is the rate on an official looking rate card. I also included two new examples of people who commented on scams they encountered when they didn't take Grab.
      Amping Greg

• @marcelocayetano5951
    @marcelocayetano5951 6 місяців тому +1

I used grab all the time when I was in the Philippines.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  6 місяців тому +1

Hello Marcelo Cayetano @marcelocayetano5951. I used it often when I lived in Manila - even though I had my own car. Here in Dumaguete there are no taxis or Grab Cars but on the Grab App you can order a trike - haven't tried it but priced out a trip to Robinson Mall and it was 70% of what I would have been charged just flagging someone on the street. We also use it often to order food like last night for dinner from one of our favorites N'Joy's Snack Station and I have even used it to order groceries from Robinson Mall Dumaguete when I didn't feel like going out. Amping Greg

• @patticake3
    @patticake3 8 місяців тому +1

Great video and good tips! Soundtrack wants me to watch "Lord of the Rings" (2001). I'll be flying into terminal 1 in the evening. I'm hoping traffic is light and to get to my hotel in Malate within 30 minutes. I like to run (25 minutes) around Malate after sitting in an airplane for 13.5 hours. Your hotel is 4 blocks north of mine. In the 90's I use to drive on Roxas Blvd in a Honda Civic without foot brakes. I used the hand brake to slow down. My plan was to have the hotel get me a ride, P1350.00 (Max 2 peeps with one luggage/person). I guess it would be cheaper to get a GRAB?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  8 місяців тому +1

Hi Sorry just saw this Oct 24 6pm we have been travelling for 3 days to get to Manila. We just took Grab from NAIA T3 to the same hotel, Sheraton Manila Bay and the Grab fee was 404P (CDN$9.74 US$7.11).
      We had 2 people and 6 luggage. So I added 250p tip on top of the 404P for the driver as he had a brand new vehicle and we had so much luggage.
      Great plan for doing a run after your long flight.

• @joseprotacio-nc5dn
    @joseprotacio-nc5dn 9 місяців тому +1

👍

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  5 місяців тому +2

Hi jose protacio @joseprotacio-nc5dn salmat for the thumbs up!!
      I just had breakfast with a guy from the USA on Sunday in Dumaguete - he experienced the white cab scam in Manila at NAIA T3 last week, and another guy wrote me today sharing that he also experienced it going from NAIA to T3 - both great reminders to use Grab!
      I had an idea to do an update video sharing these 2 examples and another tool I found, Grab has a Fare Checker so if you are unsure about using Grab you can quickly see Grab is the better option. The American paid 3,000 for a trip that would have cost 150P and the guy who wrote today paid 1,500 for a ride that should have cost 230P to 320P.
      I have never used the Grab Fare Check site - I just alwasy take Grab.
      Amping Greg

• @VivaAndi
    @VivaAndi Рік тому +1

I used the regular Airport Taxi to get from T3 to T1. I paid 400, but we took the fastest way. As i arrived, i had a private Driver, i think, and i paid from T1 to T3 600 Pesos.
    Traffic is always crazy, i think, there a no rules. If there are rules, nobody knows them. 😂
    I'll be back in 6 weeks and im so happy about the fact.
    Love the Philippines... ❤

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi VivaAndi @VivaAndi next time try the free version, we used it and it was great.
      - they should tell you there is a FREE SHUTTLE between terminals for arriving passengers - if you landed at a terminal and need to go to a different terminal you can use this service. The FREE SHUTTLE runs between all 4 terminals.
      I showed where to get the shuttle in another video in Terminal 3 - when you arrive in whatever terminal you land in just ask INSIDE the airport (in T3 they have big signs in the baggage area - so after you grab your bag there is a side exit to the shuttle by the baggage belts - don't leave the airport - it will be much easier to get it if you stay inside the airport as it departs on the Airport side not on the street side.
      The white taxis are notoriously overpriced. On our recent trip we were walking to the USA Embassy for an appointment but then decided to wave down a cab as we decided on the way there it was too hot to walk - it was my first time wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt this year!!!!! Island Life - don't need it!
      I always ask for a flat rate so know the level of overcharging right up front - it was 300P for the white taxi - still cheap by North American standards. On our way back I booked a Grab and it was half the price of the white taxi - but its ok should have done Grab on the way there also.
      Amping Greg

• @globomanni8407
    @globomanni8407 3 місяці тому +1

Thank you for your vlog. We, my wife from the Phils and i (German), take always a white cab to Ermita (next to Robinsons Place) and never paid more than 200 Php.The same price from Ermita to T3. Last time was in December 2022.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  3 місяці тому +1

Wow good for you Globomanni @globomanni8407
      That is a fair price. I checked the Grab Fare Estimator site and it says from NAIA T3 to Robinsons Place Ermita should be 260 to 350 so the rate you paid is very good. You are lucky to have that experience.
      Personally I would never take a white taxi - there have been too many scams with them for years especially from NAIA.
      I mentioned in one of my videos I overheard a guy quoted over 3k to Makati and I heped him get a Grab and it was 300 so they really spotted someone they could take advantage of - I also did an updated video to the one you saw as I had 2 people comment on recent scams they experienced one paid 2k to go to the hotels right near the airport, around the same time the two wrote me there was the news article of the white taxi driver arrested at NAIA for trying to scam someone going to Antipolo for 7k each for 2 passengers. The driver was arrested for the fake rate card scam - many think it is just foreigners getting scammed with this one - it has been going on for many years from NAIA - but this time the article explained it was a FIlipino and his wife who were being scammed but they were smart enough to call the police.
      In May 2023 we finished my wife's US Embassy visa appointment and walked over to Rizal Park - I ordered a Grab for our way back but as we were standing on the corner many white cabs honked to see if we wanted a ride. I asked one what the cost was to our hotel and he quoted a rate DOUBLE the Grab rate - I have never had a bad experience in a Grab so I would never risk it in a white taxi.
      What I like about Grab is that on the App I get the driver's name, car, license #, photo, and number so I can chat him/her if there is any issue - I can also follow their route as they come to me as well as the route to the destination to follow our progress - some may not need/want these features - but I like them and have used it also in Cebu as well as Uber (who owns 25% of Grab) on our trip to Canada and the USA - I used Uber in Vancouver Canada 2X, Euguene Oregon 1X and Las Vegas Nevada 6X all without issues. Amping Greg

• @globomanni8407
      @globomanni8407 3 місяці тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnesThank you for your detailed answer. We fly to the Phils every second year and always take a white cab taxi from and to T3 without problems. It seems, that people, who get overcharged, have no travel experience. If a taxidriver doesn't want to use the meter, i will not take him, only if we agreed for the price beforehand. Even if the taxidriver will ask me for more than 300 Php, i will tell him, that i will call the tourist police. Also there is a special telephone number for this, which first time travellers to the Phils will probablynot know. But as you go out of the taxi, you can also ask the reception of the hotel, which a normal taxi price is and give this to the driver. He will not cause problems, because he doesn't want to have contact to the police.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  3 місяці тому

I am happy that works for you Globomanni @globomanni8407.
      In my updated video I also suggested that people use the Grab Fare Estimator if they ever use a white taxi then they will know if the taxi driver is scamming - you are ahead of it as you know the rate. I agree they take advantage of people that may not know - I found it odd that the taxi driver that was arrested after leaving NAIA tried to scam Filipinos - I would have thought they only would have tried to scam foreigners. Amping Greg

• @elephata2
    @elephata2 6 місяців тому

Great video, just to make people aware the grab driver I took from the airport said that i should go through two toll booths, one costing around 35 pesos and the other costing over a 110 pesos, I refused on the higher price one although he said we should go through the lower price booth. When we got there he was clearly asking them for a commission for being me there, just wanted to make people aware that this is happening.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  6 місяців тому +1

Hi LiverpoolFCw4333 @elephata2
      I think you may have had some translation problems when you say there were asking for a commission - as I can certainly say in 6 years (2017 from first visit to living here 2018 to present) I have never had any problem like that.
      The Grab Company and Grab Drivers have nothing to do with Toll fees - they are not set by Grab or its drivers and are not collected by Grab and its drivers the tolls are paid directly to the Skyway toll road owners (in cash if at the booth or better yet automatically if your Grab driver has the RFID installed so in that case the toll will be added to your Grab bill or paid by you - but again there is no extra cost or commission it is the exact charge of the toll company.
      Yes the two toll booths is what is required if you are using the Skyway, one the 35P for leaving the airport area and the second for whatever time is spent on the Skyway and other toll roads (could be more if connecting to another Toll system) - so that was not a scam to warn people about, that is how it works.
      To clarify - the 35P is a fee leaving the airport, the 110P you were quoted is a set fee and is calculated on how far you will be on the Skyway - these prices are not made up by the Grab Driver - everyone who knows the Skyway toll system knows the fee and at each toll booth they are clearly displayed.
      For example, let's say you get off at Magallanes to go to Makati or BGC - at the toll Booth there will be a board with prices clearly set out depending on where you entered the Skyway. So when I lived in Alabang (there were 2 entrances to the Skyway) depending on where I entered the Skyway Toll would vary by 30P, but again this is not set by Grab it is a Skyway toll.
      If you were travelling in Metro Manila and not using the airport you would only have this toll fee and not the 35P, the 35P is the additional one near the airport.
      And to clarify the toll for near the airport is 35P or 45P (so 35P the minimum) and that is for a regular vehicle they call Class 1, they also have Class 2 vehicles which have to pay 69P or 90P at the airport and Class 3 vehicles 104P or 134P - again these rates are depending on the size of your vehicle and only for the airport area - the other toll roads cost extra.
      My practice as soon as I get in the Grab is I tell them I want to go the route that is quickest possible and I will pay the toll fees (as I said the toll fees are set not made up by the Grab Driver).
      Depending on where you are going (your route) you will be on the lower or higher road, especially if not going far, so you may only have the 35P toll. If you are going further using the toll system, for example to Makati/BGC or Alabang you will have a second toll. And 110P would be very cheap to save time if you have ever spent time in rush hour Manila traffic - and only 110P so your destination wouldn't have been very far.
      If the guy says the Skyway is the fastest I would take that and yes pay the 110P toll fee (they either add it on the app afterword - if you are paying by app, or you can pay directly yourself by handing the driver the cash at the toll booth).
      If the guy says no need to take the toll road, after getting out of the airport you would just be on the regular surface streets, which we did on our last trip from NAIA to the Sheraton Manila Bay in Oct 2023 - at first I was annoyed he didn't take the Skyway but as we were driving I compared the live driving time for our route and the Grab Driver was correct the Skyway time was estimated to be longer at the time we were travelling (depending on the time of day and road construction and accidents the best route will be different) and we had an easy drive on the surface streets - but this depends on when/where you are going in Manila. There are nightmare spots that must be avoided unless you want long delays so I would trust your Grab driver. Amping Greg

• @DualFieldBandit
    @DualFieldBandit Рік тому

I gotten scammed every time by manila taxi drivers, thanks for the video

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hello DualFieldBandit @DualFieldBandit
      I moved to France many years ago and landed in Nice France I took a bus to my town and then got a cab to my hotel. I told the cabby where I wanted to go - he told me to get in - he went around the block and pulled up in front of my hotel - it was right across the street from the bus stop where we started - I laughed but told him it wasn't good karma to rip off a student - don't think he cared.
      When we were in Manila for my wife's visa interview we decided to walk to the USA embassy from our hotel (should have ordered a GRAB) - half way there we found it was too hot and my wife was wearing heals - AND I was wearing pants and long sleeve shirt for the first time this year - waved down a white taxi to the US Embassy.
      We took the foot bridge across the street from the embassy and stood at the corner. I ordered a GRAB - went back to the hotel and it was half the cost of the White Taxi and was further since we walked part of the way with the white taxi on the way there.
      I have never used their motorbike service, but I used the Taxi, Ordered food even here in Dumaguete, in Dumaguete no taxi but can order a trike on the GRAB app, they also have courier service, convenience store, grocery store - just discovered I can order groceries from Robinson Mall grocery from the comfort of my couch - will try that soon just to do it and save driving there and back.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @chanthaunted
    @chanthaunted Місяць тому

Thanx!!!

• @dansanpedro5484
    @dansanpedro5484 3 місяці тому +1

Thank you.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

You're welcome DAN SANPEDRO @dansanpedro548 I just replied to someone arriving at 11PM also at T3 where we filmed this video - the Grab Booths are open 24/7 at all NAIA terminals. Thanks for the view and comment. Amping take care, Greg

• @AoiBich12
    @AoiBich12 2 місяці тому +1

Wow i never knew about this. i may fall into this scam if i didn't watch this video

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Aoi Bich @AoiBich12
      Glad you learned about it - unfortunately I think many people new to arriving at NAIA Manila airport fall for the scam because when they come out of the airport and cross the street to get a taxi the very first OFFICIAL booth is the white taxi company which does most of the taxi scams. The Grab booth is the third booth to the left. Also interesting Grab never yells out to people to come here - the White Taxi people use pressure to come to their booth - almost like at a fair if you ever walked around a local fair the booth workers call out for people to come to them.
      If you get a chance here is an updated Manila NAIA video in 2024 after another arrest of a NAIA taxi driver and a few people commented about recent scams they experienced there with taxis.
      ua-cam.com/video/JvoPQjprmqc/v-deo.htmlsi=u6M3lsvpkYxkDI7E
      What is interesting about this example where the arrest was made the scam wasn't tried on tourists it was tried on locals who lived in Antipolo, just outside Manila.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @mayi4403
    @mayi4403 2 місяці тому +1

Thank you so much! Very helpful!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  2 місяці тому +1

Glad it was helpful May I @mayi4403
      I did an updated video in 2024 after there was a news story about a NAIA white taxi driver arrested for an old scam and also two people commented on how they were scammed - both said they should have taken Grab!
      Amping Greg

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Oops sorry May I @mayi4403 I forgot to include the link to the updated NAIA Taxi Scam video
      SCAM Manila Philippines Airport NAIA Taxi Driver ARRESTED & Scams Continue 🇵🇭
      Here is the link to the video:
      ua-cam.com/video/JvoPQjprmqc/v-deo.htmlsi=1dc_HqldhtaTV6y4

• @mayi4403
      @mayi4403 2 місяці тому +1

I did exactly what you said yesterday and was so happy with the outcome. I went to my hotel safe and sound!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Amazing so happy for your May I @mayi4403
      Stay hydrated there in the heat!! It is hot here in Dumaguete and even hotter there in Manila. Safe travels. Amping take care Greg

• @vichua1052
    @vichua1052 Місяць тому

Arriving and leaving through Manila international airport NAIA is a very traumatic experience. Beware of thieves, scammers, blackmailers, extortionists in government uniforms.

• @davidtinkers
    @davidtinkers 7 місяців тому +2

Grab is good unless there’s no booth and one lacks a smart phone

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi davidtinkers @davidtinkers if you plan on travelling at all I would suggest you get a smart phone. As far as Grab there is a Grab Booth open 24x7 at each of the 4 NAIA terminals. Mactan-Cebu also has Grab booth. But if you are out in the street you are right you need a smart phone. We used the Grab app one afternoon near Rizal Park to get back to our hotel. We stood on a corner and the app automatically directed the Grab car to our exact location for pickup - while we were standing there a few white taxis tried to get us to take them (not knowing we booked a Grab) I asked one the cost to our hotel and it was double the quoted Grab rate. Amping take care, Greg

• @TheSkyguy1212
    @TheSkyguy1212 Місяць тому +1

Do you have to tip the grab driver cash or can you add tip at the end of the rice like Uber ? or should we even give tips?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Jocelyn Patterson @TheSkyguy1212 - i always give tips to nice drivers and I have never had a bad Grab Driver - all are nice. I did a video on tipping in the Philippines and some foreigners were not happy I tipped at all - I think it is funny they think the USA invented tipping or why it would concern them that I gave a tip to someone - the point of my video was to make sure to pay attention to your bill in restaurants - many Manila restaurants add on tips automatically 5 to 12% - here in Dumaguete there are even a few places that follow that practice but it is rare. The advice is just check your bill and if you choose to leave a tip leave it on the original amount not the amount + automatic tip.
      As far as Grab yes its up to you, you can either give a cash tip (if I have cash I normally do this so they have the cash in their hand and don't have to wait for the next payout from Grab) or you can add on the App. If I am out of cash or low on cash I always let them know I am going to add a tip for them on their app.
      I like to talk - so I often chat the drivers about their life - family, how many kids, ages - when started shift, when end - many work very long hours. I tip for a clean vehicle, good SAFE driving, nice driver.
      Amping Jocelyn, Greg

• @kim_chichim
    @kim_chichim 5 місяців тому +1

Hi. Any advice first time traveler from CEBU to US Embassy Manila . Will arrived at Terminal 3

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Yes, definitely Kim @kim_chichim
      First, the video you commented in is exactly T3 - so when you exit the arrivals area - Domestic and International are side by side, just separated by a plexiglass wall. For you arriving domestically as in the video as you are about to exit the secure side turn left (not right), cross the Arrivals Hall and take the first exit door on your left.
      As in the video, cross the fist lane of traffic - be careful most cars do not stop for you even when in the pedestrian walk. As soon as you get across the street you will be in the middle walk-way turn left and the Green Grab Booth is the third booth. The worker will help you and they are open 24x7 7 days per week.
      Or better yet download the Grab App and add some funds to your account - I have used Grab in Cebu also many times and it works great. In addition to Taxis you can order a trike, order food from restauarnts, groceries, pharacies and various products.
      When we went to the US Embassy we stayed at the Sheraton Manila Ball
      Dolomite - white sand beach (closed Thursdays) is free to visit and it is right beside the US Embassy. They have a snack place there and CRs. If the snack place is closed use the pedestrian bridge to cross to the other side of the road (opposite of the US Embassy) there are few coffee shops and a Mercury Drugs nearby if someone has to wait AND can make a great reconnection point that you can set up with the person going in the Embassy - they can come directly to the people waiting across the street - then you can wait in comfort with AC and snacks/drinks.
      Only the person with the appointment can go into the US Embassy. You can all wait togther on the left side of the Embassy (left when facing the embassy, back to the road). Pray for no rain and not too hot as there is no cover - so bring an umbrella.
      Once the Appointment window nears the guards will call out the time slot - or if you are close to it just show your documents to the guard - AGAIN only the person with the appointment can enter. So I had to wait while my wife went inside.
      The first step (once your slot is allowed to enter) is an outdoor tented area. Your documents will be pre-screened. If you don't have all the requirements you will have to leave at this point and fix any errors. If they get by this step successfully then you can walk back across the pedestrian bridge and relax at one of the coffee shops - it will be a few hour wait.
      Second step - if all is good, you are then allowed to enter the Embassy where you follow the steps and show your documents again. At the end they advise you congratulations you are successful and they will keep your passport (so make sure you bring alternate ID for your flight back as you won''t have your passport).
      Anyone waiting will have to wait at the left side only (they don't let anyone wait at the right side) - when the person is finished they will exit the Embassy and return to this area - it can be a bit crowded and no cellphones so you just have to try to see them come out of the door far away past the tents - you will see many people also trying to do the same thing
      The entire process once at the pre-screening tent took 2 hours.
      We stayed nearby at the Sheraton Manila Bay. There are a few other nice hotels in the area - but Sheraton Manila bay is a safe, clean choice. Don't be alarmed if the driver takes a different route than in the video - there are two popular routes and they will take the fastest route - whenever I am in Manila I always tell the drive if the toll road will save time they can take it - the fees are very low and can save alot of time - our last two times there the drivers said no need and I timed the rides and compared it to the toll route and they were right - so I learned something from them.
      Nearby things to do: Dolomite Beach (white sand beach) not much to do except take a few photos - the sand is more like concrete - when we were there in May 2023 it was not sand like at all - but looks nice in a photo.
      Robinson Place Manila Mall is 1 block from the hotel (across the street from the McDonald's that you will see at the end of the hotel's block)
      Rizal Park is nearby, passed the US Embassy - we actually walked there after my wife's Embassy appointment.
      Intramuros is right there as well, just passed Rizal Park. A great place for photos is Baluarte de San Diego - a stone fort built in 1586 in the shape of an Ace of Spades - I didn't notice that when I was there, but a nice place for a photo.
      If you have extra time there are a few museums, _viz_ ., National Museum of Anthropology, National Museum of Fine Arts, and the National Planetarium is there as well.
      If you have never been to SM Mall of Asia - you can take a Grab there - lots to see and do there. Only 6 kms but dependiing on traffic will take up to 20 mins. Rember the Grab gives you a fixed rate so no worries if stuck in traffic. One day when we were there we ordered a Grab back from Rizal Park to Sheraton Manila Bay - that is the nice thing about the Grab App - it has GPS so it shows the driver exactly where you are stanging and you can watch your car on the App as it drives through traffic coming to pick you up. While standing waiting for our Grab many white taxis stopped to ask us if we wanted a ride - I asked one how much for the same ride and his quote was double the Grab rate - we passed.
      As far as eating we ate at the Robinson Mall Lonestar Steak House (I had a craving for a steak), we also ate in the hotel restaurant - I even ran out and got McDos for breakfast one morning (I think we have stayed there 3 times) - we used to stay in Muntinlupa in the nice hotels right near Festival Mall, all easy to get to from NAIA by way of the Skyway toll road (Vivere Hotel - great breakast on rooftop restaurant, Acacia Hotel Manila and Crimson Hotel Filinvest City Manils - which is the highest rated but my least favorite of the three) but for the US Embassy, the Sheraton Manila Bay is a great option. They also have a great pool and gym if that interests you.
      I hope I covered everything that could help you. If there is something more specific or something I missed don't hesitate to ask. The video will show you exactly our route from T3 to Sheraton Manila Bay. We walked from the hotel to the US Embassy before the appointment as the weather was nice - just remember when you get down to Roxas Blvd you have to climb the stairs and go up to the pedeistrian overpass, once you go across the Dolomite Beach will be on your left and the US Embassy will be on the right.
      Bonus Tip - don't be shy take the time to take a pic of the Dolomite Beach from the height of the pedestrian bridge before you go down the stairs on that side of the road. The guards are very sensitive about any photo taking in the area of the US Embassy - I even saw them come out and make someone delete a photo he took of his wife from the sidewalk in front of the Embassy as they said it is not allowed. I thought this was very odd as they were not on Embassy property and anyone can look at this exact spot on street view Google Maps - but just know that is their policy.
      Amping Greg

• @emilianogabriel9613
    @emilianogabriel9613 8 місяців тому +1

No need to have a car in metro manila we use grab save money on gas and parking and we dont have to worry about being in an accident

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Emiliano Gabriel @emilianogabriel9613 yes you are so right. I moved to Ayala Alabang in 2018 and didn't get my car until Dec 2019. Even when I had the car I still took Grab once in awhile for the reasons you mentioned - but I liked the car for getting out touring and for getting to golf courses around Luzon. It is an old Honda Civic - we brought it over on the ferry from Luzon to Negros Oriental. The roads here are fairly good but not good enough to get up to my wife's family mountain area the road is still not finished after two years of construction. I just went to Cebu City last week - took the short ferry from Sibulan to the south end of Cebu Island and drove to Mactan-Cebu Airport - the highway on Cebu Island is absolutely brutal. I won't complain about Negros Island roads anymore. When I was younger I had a motorbike but now I rarely take our scooter or motorcycle out - I prefer the 4 wheels. Unfortunately we cannot get Grab Car here in the Dumaguete area but we can use the Grab App to get a Grab Trike - which I will try soon just to test it out. I have tried a few sample locations on the app and the prices are excellent compared to a foreigner hailing a trike on the road.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @mjmarinajessselincorner7911
    @mjmarinajessselincorner7911 2 місяці тому +1

Goin to the Philippines on Jan, and im not planning to ride a taxi only grab because grab is just uber or lyft

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

OO MJ Marina Jessselin Corner @mjmarinajessselincorner7911
      You are correct about Grab being like Uber/Lyft.
      UBER left the Philippines in April 16, 2018.
      GRAB Asia acquired Uber’s Southeast Asia operations.
      In the offical announcement at the time Grab Co-founder Tan Hooi Ling noted - As part of the acquisition, Uber will take a 27.5% stake in Grab and Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi will join Grab’s board.
      So yes Grab is very similar to Uber - the app is almost identical with many transportation, delivery and shopping options (grocery, hardware, pharmacy, many retail stores)on one app. In the Philippines you can get a Grab Taxi all across the Manila Region and Cebu (maybe other large centers). In Dumaguete there are no taxis but one thing I found on the Grab app here (we used mainly for food delivery and I used it to order groceries when I was too lazy to go fight the parking at Robinson Mall) you can order a Trike on the Grab App!. We didn't order one but we compared the rate from our house to Robinson Mall - the street trike price is 150P (probably more as a foreigner if I tried it) but the Grab App trike price for the same trip is 90P.
      I get nothing from Grab - NOT an Affiliate sponsor - I just love their product and services. I feel the same about Uber, we used Uber in Canada (Vancouver) the USA (Oregon, California and New York City) on our 2023 vacation.
      I hope you have an amazing visit to the Philippines in January.
      Amping/Ingat take care, Greg

• @jimmynavarro162
    @jimmynavarro162 Рік тому

New subscriber I have a question please if you can answer benn there once arriving in August how to I carry my credit card and cash through security where do I put it carry on or ?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hello Jimmy Navarro @jimmynavarro162 salamat thank you for the sub.
      Easy answer on the cash - just send to me in advance!!! CHAR - JOKE 😜🙈😀
      Seriously NEVER send any money to anyone until you meet them - too many scammers everywhere, not just in the Philippines but everywhere.
      It is easy for entry into the Philippines - the rule is max USD$10,000 (or equivalent).
      A person may freely bring into or take out of the Philippines foreign currency and other bearer monetary instruments (e.g., travelers' checks, other checks, drafts, notes, money orders, bonds) in amounts up to USD10,000 or its equivalent in other foreign currencies.
      www.bsp.gov.ph/SitePages/Regulations/GuideToFx.aspx?TabId=3#:~:text=of%20the%20Philippines-,A%20person%20may%20freely%20bring%20into%20or%20take%20out%20of,equivalent%20in%20other%20foreign%20currencies.
      So for example $10,000 USD in Canadian equivalent would be $13,159 CDN and can be cash or other monetary instruments.
      I just carry my credit cards and cash in my man bag / or over the shoulder bag. One that hangs in front, cross shoulder is best when travelling. Keep any metal, coins etc int the bag also not in your pockets. If I have a backpack I put this bag inside the top of my backpack.
      Not sure what country you are in - just make sure when putting your bag through the security scanner don't walk away until you have all your things - many passports are stolen/lost at security screenings - they are easily resold on the black market in any country.
      You normally have to show Boarding Pass (either electronic on your phone or hardcopy) and depending on the airport also required to show ID. Here you will show Reservation (either electronic on your phone or hardcopy) and ID to get inside the airport then after you check in you will go through a second level of security and need to show Boarding Pass (either electronic on your phone or hardcopy) and ID to get to the next level scanning. Dumaguete has machine scanning at outside of airport and again after checkin before getting to the gate (so 2 spots) and our last flight from Manila in late May they got rid of the scanner at the terminal entry, but still have the scanning after the airline check-in, before the gates.
      Just keep an eye on your effects and be aware of those around you and you will be fine - you will notice it is not a problem at all travelling here. And whenever in doubt just ask any security or airport workers - they speak English and are tourist friendly.
      Have a great holiday in August.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @SpeedyFast18
    @SpeedyFast18 Рік тому

I've never actually used Grab Taxi, Never heard of it.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

The GRAB app is amazing - can order Taxi, Motorbike (cheaper than Taxi), courier/delivery service, Food, Sari Sari, shopping - you can ever order Groceries from Robinson grocery without leaving your house.

• @marwansahij9475
    @marwansahij9475 Рік тому

Thank you for helpful video , is there a grab booth out of NAIAN T1 ?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  Рік тому +2

Yes marwan sahij @marwansahij9475 there is a GRAB Booth in each terminal. T1. T2, T3 and T4
      In the video I showed where it is in T3 so you cross one lane of traffic and turn left and go over 4 booths.
      For T1 the booth is similar but instead of turning left after crossing the traffic for T1 you turn right. Just ask the security guards they are very helpful.
      The odd thing about T1 is for your pickup they don't come to the booth, passenger pickup is one level below so after ordering your GRAB from the Booth or on your App - proceed to the lower level, just back track about 100 feet from where you crossed the traffic and continue over the last lane you will see a ramp that splits left and right, you will then go to the lower level and experience traffic mayhem - there are concrete Pillars and the driver will pick you up at the PIllar that has your Iast name letter on it - for example if your last name is SAHIJ - you would go to pillar S. But the Grab worker will explain that to you.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @marwansahij9475
      @marwansahij9475 Рік тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes Thank you very much my friend for your help

• @drekson23
    @drekson23 7 місяців тому +1

500 for 10km? I pay around 600 from taguig to quezon city with taxi. I guess it depends on the meter and honest driver, and I dont leave the fact that taxis are full of scams.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Denns @drekson23
      Taguig to Quezon City - have you taken the new bridge that was built when I was leaving in 2021 - behind St Luke's across the river - which saves considerable time getting to Quezon City. I took it a few times before I left.
      In your example Taguig to Quezon City you are talking about a city to a city always cheaper than rides from the airport.
      The P508 total fee included a P35 airport toll and 144.65 Surcharge - airport always has a higher surcharge fee. We took the same route (NAIA T3 to Sheraton Manila Bay) at a different time of day Oct 25, 2023 and it was P400. You are a brave man to take a taxi to Quezon - I have been there a number of times and have run into some bad traffic - with a Grab traffic doesn't affect the rate but the meter keeps ticking in a taxi. When I first visited the Philippines in 2017 I took Uber, then Uber left and bought 25% of Grab and I have taken Grab consistently when I visited Manila and lived there for over 2 years - I don't ever recall taking a white taxi. I mentioned in another comment I had just crossed the road from the terminal heading to the Grab booth and overheard a foreigner being quoted over 3k to go to Makati - I told him don't do it and directed him to a Grab and the worker ordered him a Grab for P300 something (under P400). In May we were walking around Rizal Park and didn't feel like walking back to the hotel - I ordered a Grab (the App directs the driver to our exact pickup spot) - while waiting a few white taxis assumed we were looking for a ride and for fun I asked one how much to the Sheraton and it was much more than the Grab rate. Our trip was only 1.5kms and I was about to guess the Grab was P150 - but I just looked up the Grab app under my Activity history and it shows on May 25 at 10:14 am the cost was P110. I think the White Taxi quoted us P300. Amping Greg

• @cs77smith67
    @cs77smith67 9 місяців тому +1

I would love to see a video 📸 on how to get from terminal 1 to terminal 3 in Manila airport and how long it takes?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  9 місяців тому +4

Thanks for the idea!
      As I type this I am standing in T1 and did the reverse of your desired route as I started in T3.
      The key is not to leave the secure side when you get your bags. Right near the luggage carousels will be a sign that says:
      EXIT
      FOR PASSENGERS WITH CONNECTING FLIGHTS to TERMINAL 2, 3, 4.
      If you don't see the sign just ask.
      There will be another sign at the special exit (not the one most will be taking).
      You will need to show your ticket for your T3 flight and then they will direct you to the free shuttle bus area.
      There will be another bag security check, then they will record your flight info and you just wait for the shuttle. Today it took us one hour to get from T3 to T1, depending on your arrival time this will vary. The route is on airport property as well as city streets. The next thing you have to pay attention to is what Terminal the bus is at since it stops at all Terminals. So just get off T3, and go through Arrivals as you normally would.
      Amping take Care. Greg

• @cs77smith67
      @cs77smith67 9 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes thank you so much for that tip.
      Also do you know if that sky bridge is still there in terminal 3?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi CS77 Smith @cs77smith67 Yes the footbridge is still there and was used alot during Covid as they banned pickups at the airport so many had to walk off the property to catch their Grab or meet their family/friend. Things are back to normal and regular pickups are allowed. I was only on it once when I had time to waste so I walked out there exploring and got out to the footbridge and turned around back to the terminal. Amping Greg

• @cs77smith67
      @cs77smith67 7 місяців тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes awesome man and thank you so much for the update I can't wait to come there very soon

• @yummm8775
    @yummm8775 2 місяці тому +1

Thanks for this video. How do you pay for the Grab service if you don't have the app on your phone? Do you just pay the driver with cash or credit card? I'll be going to Manila from California so my phone won't work in the Philippines when I arrive.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  2 місяці тому +2

Hi Yummm@yummm8775
      If you don't want to download the app in advance and top up the amount with your credit card you just pay at the Grab Booth at the airport.
      As far as your phone not working when you leave California and come to the Philippines I would highly recommend a much better way for you to enjoy your trip.
      I get ZERO money from them but I have used it with my Philippines Phone in USA (doing the reverse of you) and in Canada, Thailand and Hong Kong. This company has plans for all around the world.
      All you need to do is BEFORE you leave your home you download the AIRALO app then pick the Philippines. [NOTE - some do at the airport in their home country or the desitnation country but then you are relying on very slow WiFi - always better to do from your home.]
      This is an E-Sim (just google your phone model if you aren't sure to make sure your phone allows E-sim) - no physical SIM is used. It is so easy and cheap way to travel and have full access to data so you can use all the apps you want Grab, Google Maps, Facebook, WhatApp - email, anything the data is so cheap.
      I just checked the Airalo for anyone coming to the Philippines their plans are
      Data Valid for 7 days 1GB US$4.50
      Data Valid for 15 days 2GB US$7.00
      Data Valid for 30 days 3GB US$9.50
      Data Valid for 30 days 5GB US$13.00
      Data Valid for 30 days 10GB US$21.00
      Data Valid for 30 days 20GB US$32.00
      You set it up BEFORE you leave and then as soon as you land and turn your phone on the phone recognizes a Philippines signal and it automatically connects - that's it no fuss it's so easy. It worked great all 4X I used it in our travels.
      Also don't worry no need to buy big packages - you can buy small say the 5GB 30 day one (even if only staying 2 weeks) and if you use lots of data it will warn you getting low. For my USA trip I had to add 1GB at the last few days or our trip, but the two I bought was still cheaper than the more expensive one. It was so nice to have on our 4-week Canada driving tour and 2-week USA driving tour - I used Google maps the whole way only one of our rental cars had a built in GPS even though I ordered it for ever trip.
      The nice benefit of this is you can then have access to your Grab app - assuming you downloaded it and set it up at home OR if you don't want to do that you can always download and set up at the airport. For me I like to do in advance so we can get going as soon as we land and get our bags.
      BUT let's say you don't want to add the AIRLO app and don't want to add Grab app you can just go to the Grab Booth and pay them directly cash or credit card.
      Did you know the new Tourism Philippines saying is LOVE THE PHILIPPINES?
      Have a great trip to the Philippines.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @yummm8775
      @yummm8775 2 місяці тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes Awesome! Thanks for the info!

• @ozgurdede6787
    @ozgurdede6787 3 місяці тому +1

The background music made me feel like you are going to conqure the country

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

LOL ozgur dede @ozgurdede6787
      Yeah I agree that was a bit too EPIC for a not so scary ride
      It was The Final Cut by Hampus Naeselius, from #epidemicsound
      I had a few complaints about some of my music choices so I have toned them down a bit since then.
      I like the dramatic but most like upbeat, hopefull, dreamy style - so I am adapting. I even got some comments on different videos preferring no music - just listen to the sound of the traveling! Maybe it was too bad for their ears!!
      Amping have a great night/day wherever you are. 6:47 PM Thursday here in Negros Oriental almost time for dinner. Greg

• @MySeoulSoul_
    @MySeoulSoul_ 5 місяців тому +1

Thank you for sharing this. I'll have 12 hours layover in Manila for my trip to Japan. Hope I could explore Manila easily. By the way do you have any recommendation places to visit? Thank you in advance.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi @MySeoulSoul_ you are welcome - not sure you saw my reply to someone earlier today in the last 5 days I have received a message and was told one in person of two examples of not using Grab and being scammed at NAIA - one had a ride that should have been 200P to 300P to BGC and he paid 1,500P, the one who landed last Friday had a short trip should have been around 150P and he paid 3,000!!! Too bad they didn't take Grab.
      I will have some suggestions for sure - what day of the week do you arrive and what is your arrival time and departure time. That will help give me an idea of timing (for exmple The National Museum of Fine Arts, National Museum of Anthropology, and National Museum of Natural History are closed on Mondays, The Dolomite (white) Beach next the USA Embassy is closed on Thursdays - also hours of places I am thinking of vary. A great historic site to visit is Intramuros, in particular I like Fort Santiago. If you are a golfer a really cool thing to do would be to play golf right at Intramuros - you can rent clubs for 1,700P and day golf (tee off 5am to 2pm) is 1,700P and night golf (tee off 3pm to 7pm) is 2,500P.
      In the same area there are many musseums, outdoor sites (Rizal Park and Intramuros are beside each other) and across the road from Rizal Park is the Manila Ocean Park - is really nice and the Manila Zoo is only 3 km away, it has been remodelled since I was last there.
      Before I suggest more - will there be children in your group? Do you prefer cultural/history or shopping/food? SM Mall of Asia has everything, also I used to live in BGC Bonifacio Global City - it is very walkable and has some nice shopping, food areas - it is very safe.
      So if you can let me know your day/times (arrival and departure) I will have a better of idea of suggestions.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @MySeoulSoul_
      @MySeoulSoul_ 5 місяців тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes thank you for answering my questions.
      To be honest I'm still a little bit afraid with scams at NAIA because I saw many people made videos or wrote their experience about it. Not only scams by taxi driver but also bad experience with airport staff who asked money from them (I don't know it's true or not).
      Hopefully everythings gonna be okay when I come to Manila.
      By the way I'll be arriving in NAIA Saturday morning at 6 am local time. Is the traffic on weekend crowded? How many hours should I spare before come back to NAIA for my night flight? Thank you

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  5 місяців тому +1

Good Sunday morning @MySeoulSoul_
      PLEASE DO NOT be afraid of NAIA - there are many many kind people working there and in general people in the Philippines are so kind.
      The problem of taxi scams is a worldwide problem - my first experience was with my dad in California when I was young and then later by myself in France in the late 1980s and they still go on today all over the world, even Canada. But that is why companies like Grab, Uber, Lyft etc are great - I get no money from them but I like getting into a vehicle where I have a photo of the driver, the license plate #, the car make and model and I am almost certain it is very clean and doesn't smell. In addition with the fare you get a fixed fare set in advance and if you have a balance on your Ap you can do all transactions through the ap so you don't need the local currency.
      With regard to Airport Staff asking for money please know you just need to say NO THANK YOU or WALA - especially when you arrive at NAIA there are porters who offer to help with your bags (they are at arrivals and departure areas) they can be a bit aggressive - but I have never had a problem after saying NO THANK YOU. Often they will ask what time your flight is - I have used them a few times where I had many bags or was short on time (sometimes Manila traffic is unpredictable). I have arrived at NAIA and the line out side was hundreds of people - the porters skip the line and take you directly through the first level of security - some are nicer than others
      Porter Cost the flat rate porter fee is 50P. I have had a few drop me right inside and I give them a small fee 100P, but if they get me to my checkin area I will give them a better tip, 200P is enough - these amounts 100P or 200P include the 50P flat porter fee. Most times the porter takes you right in, I have had a few take me to a small booth next to the terminal near the entry door and pay the 50P - I assume when they don't do this they either pocket the extra 50P or return later to pay it (the latter I would think is rare). As far as other people asking for money there are many articles in the news about problems with corrupt airport staff helping foreigners get into the country - however, if your documentation is in order this will not be an issue. I have never seen or heard from any of the people I know (all were business people or legitimate travellers). Again as far as stories of people without proper documentation trying to bribe an airport employee, this would not be unique to the Philippines.
      SATURDAY 6:00 AM Arrival
      Hopefully your luggage will be checked through, if not you could always put it in airport storage for the day - we did that before when travelling - made a day excursion very easy.
      Hard to know what to recommend:
      BGC
      If it is nice weather I would highly recommend taking a Grab from NAIA to BGC either Market Markt Mall then cross the street and enter the open area shopping area, which runs for many blocks all the way down to Burgos Circle, just past the Shangri-La Hotel. Or you could start at the Burgos Circle - there is a great photo opportunity of a large metal looks like a birds next upside down, but is called THE TREES. This is my old neighborhood.
      Behind this is the bottom of BGC and there is a private golf club there. But if you walk the other way up, you will cross the street and see a Jolibbee fastfood restaurant on your left and the MIND MUSSEUM on your right. Not sure if the musseum would interest you.
      I would continue walking away from the BIRDS NEST and cross the street again and you will enter a now vehicle area that runs for many blocks all the way up to Market Market Mall and is between 28th street and 30th street, just intersescted by cross streets - otherwise no vehicle traffic. Along the way are some shopping centers, many coffee shops, restaurants with patios and places to relax. It is a very nice area for strolling and eating and relaxing. Very very safe, this is one of the rich areas of Manila. Within blocks of that is a Ferrari dealer to the left, a Lamborghini, and Bentley dealer to the right, as well as Porsche, Land Rover, Mercedes etc. If you check out this area on Goolge Maps it is like any other high end neighbourhood, for me like downtown Vancouver or Toronto.
      You could spend the day or a few hours here. If you only want to have breakfast and do some walking you could take a Grab to Malate area, to any of the places listed below, whatever interests you. The fare will be betwen 250P and 350P (very cheap). In Canada this fare would be 2,000 to 3,000P - on our USA tour we had many $50 Uber rides 2,800P - I am always amazed how they do it here - gas is almost the same price, yet the rates are so low in comparison. You could spend your lunch and afternoon at a few of the Malate options set out below, depending on your departure time.
      AIM to be back at NAIA 3 hours prior to your departure - I know people who rush in at the last minute - but I don't travel this way. I would prefer to get there and get through - sometimes the lines are quick, but often they are not. Once through security you can relax while you wait for your flight.
      Malate area
      - Rizal Park open always
      - Intramuros opens at 8:00 AM - check it out online - nice place for photos in the Fort (beside Rizal Park)
      - Manila Ocean Park opens at 10:00 AM (across from Rizal Park)
      - Dolomite Beach (white they call it sand - but it was hard when we were there in Oct 2023) beside the USA EMbassy (down the street from Rizal Park)
      - Manila Zoo opens 9:00 AM
      If you google or look on Trip Advisor you will see Half-Day 4 hour bus tours - if it's a nice day it would be a great way to see some city highlights - the one I saw had a Malate area pickup. We did the Hop On Hop Off bus tour in New York City in October 2023 and it was a great way to see the city especially if you listen to the headphones in different languages.
      SM Mall of Asia - opens 10AM - could spend all your time here exploring and across the street at the water
      I am not sure where you are from but based on your user name maybe Seoul South Korea. I looked up on Grab and it says: "Outside of Southeast Asia, top source markets for travellers using Grab include North America, Australia, China and South Korea." So hopefully you can download the Grab App so that you can also easily order Grab while you are travelling around Manila and heading back to the airport. Remember if you don't have the App, my video shows you how to get to the Grab Booth at T3 - and all terminals have a similar booth.
      My last tip - if you cannot download the Grab App, you can always google Grab Fare Check - you just enter your starging point and end point and it will give you an estimated fare. You can use this before you get into a non-Grab taxi so that you can ask the Fare, it will be higher than the Grab fare, and even tell them what you found on the Grab App - there are honest taxi drivers. You will pay a bit of premium but at least you won't be scammed - if anyone suggests a ridiculous rate just don't get in their cap.
      I hope you find this helpful.
      GOOD LUCK and safe travels.
      Amping (take care) Greg

• @MySeoulSoul_
      @MySeoulSoul_ 5 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes Thank you very much for the complete information. This will help me a lot.
      Half day tour sounds interesting. I will try to find more information about it. Also don't worry, I have Grab App.
      So excited for my short trip to Manila! Once again, thank you so much. Have a nice day😊

• @smallnuts2
    @smallnuts2 8 місяців тому +1

When I landed in Manilla from a other island, taxi guys try to scam you. Told me I woukd miss my flight if I didnt go with him. My flight was in 5 hours and there is a free bus that takes you to the international terminal.
    Couldnt use a debit card to get money unless at the atm. Money exchange woukdnt take it.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  7 місяців тому

Thanks for the info Smallnuts @smallnuts2
      I have run into taxi scams in other countries but Manila is on a different level especially with the congestion you are risking your budget taking a taxi. I really like Grab because you get the name and photo of the driver, the car plate and description and your price is fixed and known in advance - also you can follow your route on the app so you know there is no issue with where they are taking you - there is no benefit for them to take you on a slow expensive route like a taxi can do. I am glad you found transportation that worked for you.
      At all 4 terminals if you are transferring to another terminal do not leave the terminal you arrive in - where the arrivals baggage carousels are there is a big sign in each terminal telling you to go a certain way to take the Airport Transfer. This is free.
      For example in September we landed in T3 from Dumaguete and had to go to T1 for our flight to Tokyo, when we got down to the bottom of the escalator in the arrivals area beside the baggage carousel the sign directs you to turn left for transfers to T1, T2 and T4 - so you do not go out the regular departure doors. When you get to the end of the left corridor security will check your ticket to verify you have a flight leaving from another terminal. Then you continue down the hall and go through another baggage scan machine and body scan and register your information with the worker. The busses come every few minutes. It took us about one hour to get to T1 and was completely free.
      I videoed this whole process on our last trip I will try to edit and post that video soon.
      Amping Take Care, Greg

• @dadinkdadink7092
    @dadinkdadink7092 3 місяці тому +1

if i dont have local simcard can i connect to the airport free wifi ?and how make payment to grab? cash?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Maayong Hapon Dadink Dadink @dadinkdadink7092
      First - I know better I typed a long reply to you - sometimes I type on Word then cut and paste but I did this one in UA-cam and then I hit return and my browser refreshed and lost my reply so this is DOUBLE REPLY for you 🙊🤓
      You never need a SIM card to access WiFi anywhere in the world. I travel with 2 phones one has Philippine SIM and one no SIM. My no SIM I download Netflix on, use for a second camera, both free and only use on WiFi so no monthly cost.
      Have you tried E-Sim (some phones don’t have this feature - have to google your phone to see if it can use it). I have used Airalo E-Sim in Canada, USA, Hong Kong and Thailand - easy to use, and very cheap - MUCH cheaper than paying roaming to your home phone company and no physical SIM is used. You set it up from the comfort of your home (or at airport) before you leave. Then when you land and your phone detects the new local network the E-Sim kicks in and you instantly have local service - has worked great in all the above places. I bought a 30-day Canada package and topped up after I ran out, I also bought a 14-day USA package and also had to top up - but was easy to do and they warn you as you are getting low on data so you can decide if you want to top up. There are many E-Sim companies. Even Globe phone in the Philippines now offers an E-Sim option, but I haven’t tried it.
      Your next question, how to make payment (TOP UP) your Grab. That is called Grab Wallet and is easy to do.
      If you don’t have the App, you can pay cash or any other payment form at a Grab Booth - at all Manila terminals they are open 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
      I have always used the App and is very easy to top up. In fact I ordered dinner last night through Grab as we had some people stop over so I will top up mine now and walk you through it.
      1. Open the Grab App
      2. Click on Balance (in the middle of the screen) or Payment (at the bottom of the screen) both will take you to the Payment Screen.
      3. You will see your GrabPay Wallet balance on the top half of the screen. (you will see this amount update after you add funds), below this there are options for adding money.
      a. Receive - someone with Grab can scan your QR Code (generated when you select this option) and they can send you money (and presumably you can hand them cash) - I guess this works with a friend, I have never used it (you can also Send money to someone else)
      b. Cash In (this is what most use and gives you many options)
      - E-wallet (Gcash or Maya)
      - Online Banking (they list BDO, BPI and UnionBank, then at another tab it says DON’T SEE YOUR BANK - then link for how to send to Gcash from a different bank)
      - Linked Bank Account (set up once and make for easy future transfers)
      - Cards (can use Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc) very easy and quick
      - Instore pay at the counter and the store tops up your GCash (SM Malls Business Center, 7-Eleven has a 2% fee this is high - my Amex charges zero), Cebuana, and there is a link that says More Stores (I have never used so I can’t help you with that one)
      I just topped up mine using my credit card. As I processed it I received an email with a 6-digit code, I entered the code I received and within seconds my Gcash, GrabPay Wallet balance was updated.
      Easy and fast.
      I use Gcash for Food orders (even to my hotel when travelling if I don’t feel like going out), Mart (convenience stores and other merchants), Shopping (bigger stores), Express (the Grab driver will deliver for you - I used once in Manila when I wanted to buy a hat before I left town I was living in BGC and talked to my friend that was selling the hat. I sent him the money on his GCash and ordered Grab Express, within minutes the Grab guy picked up the ball cap and delivered it to my condo within 15 minutes - with traffic to the next city it would easily have taken me an hour return and this was so easy.
      I just did a test in Dumaguete - the fee is 90P (CD$2.15, US$1.60) for instant pick-up and delivery within the hour. This is a great service to send small packages and like any Grab you can track the movement of your item on the app. You can pay bills even book a hotel through Agoda and Booking.com links - not sure why anyone would use Grab to do this other than you can pay for it with your Grab Wallet instead of sharing your credit card info I guess. We don’t have Grab Car in Dumaguete but you can order Grab Trike which I just did a test my wife said 150P to 200P to Robinson Mall from our house - Grab App just showed the same trip for 91P.
      I hope this was helpful.
      Good luck with your trip. Amping take care, Greg

• @BortonMaverickNYC
    @BortonMaverickNYC Місяць тому

do you know if grab PH will work with data only esim cards.. i used airalo esim and wonder if grab will work with data only and to avoid buying text, call sim. thanks in advance

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  25 днів тому

Yes it will. We used same app and only bought Data in Thailand (used Grab), as well as USA and Canada (used Uber, which owns 25% of Grab Philippines).

• @carmelaabergos4518
    @carmelaabergos4518 Місяць тому +1

Is the grab booth available with staff at midnight

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Carmela Abergos @carmelaabergos4518
      OO the Grab booths are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at all 4 Manila airport terminals.
      Amping Carmela, Greg

• @crisjanevillanueva6532
    @crisjanevillanueva6532 3 місяці тому

Until wat tym po.ba ang grab booth jan?ty

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Crisjane Villanueva @crisjanevillanueva6532
      All the Grab booths are open 7 days a week and 24 hours a day so there will be someone to help you if you don't have the app - or even if you do have the app, but have questions they can help you.
      Amping Greg

• @AoiBich12
    @AoiBich12 2 місяці тому +1

So grab is the best option for moving around in the ph ?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Aoi Bich @AoiBich12
      As far as being the best option for moving around the Ph - it depends where you are going.
      Not sure where you live but if you are famliar with Uber - Uber used to be in the Philipipnes but left in 2018 and Grab assumed all their business here - in exchange for Uber getting 25% of Grab's business so they are business partners.
      Once you see the Grab App it is very similar to Uber - it is much more than taxi service - they have food delivery, online shopping, courier etc. As far as in the Philippines Grab Taxi is in a few cities (as far as I know Metro Manila, Cebu, Davao, Clark/Angeles City), but most smaller islands don't have taxis. Even Negros Oriental where Dumaguete here there are no taxis - just trikes - but when you open the Grab app here there is no taxi button (since no taxis) but it is replaced by a Trike button (I mentioned in other replies the trike rates on the App are very low compared to what any foreigner would be asked to pay if tried to flag down a trike on the street). The app here in Negros also has food delivery and online shopping like in other major centers (just fewer options than Manila).
      When I first moved to Manila I used Grab but after awhile I realised how cheap local transporation was so I also used the train and jeepneys, and bus and travelled like a local - more of an adventure - if I was going to the airport or somewhere where it was hard to find parking I would use Grab.
      In the provinces like resort areas (El Nido, Boracay, Siquijor Island, Siargao Island, etc) or here in Dumaguete I rented motorbikes or scooters - a great way to get around and explore. I never did that in Manila where the traffic is crazy. Once I got a car I used that for most of my travel - but as noted still used Grab sometimes. In more populated areas like Dumaguete you can also rent a car for a very good price - if you don't want to drive they will also provide you a driver, but the fee is quite high - some I have seen rental cars are 1,500P per day and a driver is an additional 2,000P which is crazy because most drivers would only charge 500P per day in the Province. You can always rent a car and hire your own driver - if you gave someone 500P and added meals for them as you roamed around they would be very happy. Also when the company charges 2,000P for a driver there is no way they are paying the driver that fee.
      One tip I also give is if you find a good Grab driver - like I had in Cebu a few times I was there I got their cell # and then booked him for a 1/2 day tour one day and a full day tour another trip - it is a great way to see the best tourist sites with a local who knows the spots - tour around get dropped off and picked up right at the tourist spot - no worries about finding parking and I always get them to join for lunch. On one trip to Cebu (when I lived in Manila) I had the driver take me to Oslob to swim with the whale sharks - as we were driving I learned he has driving many tourists to Oslob but never experienced it himself - I told him to pull over at a shop and i bought him board shorts and paid for his cost to see the Whale Sharks - it was great sharing that experience with him. My point with that is if you find a good driver - get their number and treat them like a friend and you will be well taken care of with no worries about being scammed.
      Even when I first moved to Dumaguete I was paying high trike rates my first trip to my beach front cottage was 300P - once I had a guy charge me 100P and I asked him why so cheap and he said that is the rate. I got his cell and after that I texted him whenever I needed a trike and if he was working he always was there to get me. He became like a friend and when I left Dumaguete for back to the Manila area I gave him all the household effects I had bought for my cottage and didn't have room to take with me. Easy for me to do and made the trike driver and his wife so happy - besides I didn't want to leave it for my terrible foreigner landlord (the beach cottage roof was damaged during a wind storm and he wanted me, as the renter to pay for it ... I said NO WAY its his house and his expense - then he was shocked when I told him I was moving out!!)
      Amping Greg

• @BeerBikes
    @BeerBikes 17 днів тому +1

What do you guys recommend for someone arriving at terminal 1 super late at night, like 11pm. Thanks in advance. Peace!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  17 днів тому +1

Hi again BeerBikes AndBeaches @BeerBikes
      Where is your next stop after T1 are you staying in Manila or are you going to another island in the morning? Regards Greg

• @BeerBikes
      @BeerBikes 17 днів тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes Manila will be my last stop, staying in Luzon not sure if I should reserve a hotel being so late in the night or suck it up stay at the airport till morning time. thanks Greg.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  16 днів тому +1

Hi again BeerBikes AndBeaches @BeerBikes
      I had a thought are you sure your domestic flight lands at T1? I thought it was only for International flights.
      On our last trip we flew from Dumaguete to T3 on Cebu Pacific (PAL goest to T2) then we were flying to Canada (via Tokyo) 10 hours later. We made the mistake of using the internal airport transfer bus (FREE) and going to T1 after we got our luggage. The bus is great and highly recommended we even did a video on that you should check out.
      BUT OUR MISTAKE was going to T1 way too early - the waiting area of T1 before chekin is not a great experience for any traveller - it has zero food options, very few seats to sit (many sitting on their luggage or the floor) and only a few bathrooms - to get food you have to exit the security and go to the Jolibee or Sari Sari then come back through security. So my wife would wait for our stuff as I would go get food then I would sit with our stuff as she went to get things at the Sari Sari later.
      We would have been much better relaxing in T3 which has a huge selection of food choices on Level 4 and even DAY Rooms - you can rent a small room for under 2k if you want to try to lay down. On one of our trips we just stayed in a T3 lounge for 3 hours after we spent time exploring - that took care of a good chunk of time.
      So for you it depends on what Terminal your departure flight is leaving from - but look at staying in T2 or T3 (depending on where you arrive) and only going to T1 maybe 4 or 5 hours before your flight - depending on the terminal it could take up to one hour on the Free Transfer bus (do not exit the aiprort) it is inside the airport. If for some reason you want to leave the airport - make sure you use a Grab or shuttle bus (just ask) to go to the other terminal - I did a few Taxi Scam videos - I guy was charged 3K by a white taxi to go to a hotel minutes from NAIA. There are Grab Booths at every NAIA termminal open 24X7 and the worker will help you get the Grab Taxi if you don't have the App to get your own. But as I mentioned the Free Airport shuttle, leaving from inside the airport is the best.
      SORRY I don't have a clear answer - if budget is not an issue - take a Grab to Sheraton Manila Bay get a nice sleep in a comfortable bed and then Grab back to the airport so you are there for check-in 3 hours before your flight. We have stayed there 3X and have done a few videos on it as well . We have also stayed at the Vivere Hotel across fhe street from Festival Mall in Muntinlupa - again take Grab and ask them to take the Skyway (you have to pay for the Toll) but it is not expensive and well worth it. If you don't have to leave too early the Vivere has a breakfast buffet in the Nest (31st floor).
      If you have any folllow-ups let me know. Amping Greg

• @BeerBikes
      @BeerBikes 16 днів тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes thanks Greg for taking the time answering my question, very much appreciated. it's international flight, korean air and landing late in the evening 11pm just checking out my options whether using the lounge in T3 like you said or getting a hotel. thanks again.

• @stettiner2238
    @stettiner2238 4 місяці тому +1

Can I ask the grab driver to drop me off (at for example a bank or 7/11) and wait for me to come back to continue the ride?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  4 місяці тому +1

Hi @stettiner2238 the quick answer YES.... BUT
      As you probably know one of best things about Grab is you get a good fixed rate so no matter how bad/slow traffic is your price won't go up.
      So to get Grab to go to two stops you just book that from the beginning, so the driver knows and you know the price upfront.
      If your thinking you need to get money at ATM just do it at the airport when you arrive (assuming you will be at the airport - DON'T use the airport money exchange), or you can pay for the ride directly at the Grab Booth.
      To book more than one stop Grab explains this online, just Google: grab multi stop ride
      Also I have asked driver for a quick stop and told him will give extra tip since I would be interrupting their next booking.
      Hope this helps.
      Amping Greg

• @realtalk5098
    @realtalk5098 3 місяці тому +2

Grab booth are 24 hours? I will be arrived at 11pm at terminal 3.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Realtalk @realtalk5098 yes the Grab Booths are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
      Just check the video before your arrival we filmed that one at T3 so the booth is still exactly in that location.
      Exit through your first doors on your left there, cross one lane of traffic (be careful), quick left on the sidewalk and ignore the aggressive first few booths - this is where I have heard complete scams 3,000 to go to Makati and got the guy to go a few feet left to Grab and he got it for 300.
      I also did an update video in 2024 as more people told me about how they were scammed even for short rides and there was a newspaper add about a NAIA taxi driver being arrested for a fake rate card scam, trying to charge 7,000P per person when their ride should have be under 700P - the fake rate card scam has been going on for years at NAIA and is alive and well - just updated cards!! It makes the fixed rate/guaranteed price of Grab so much more appealing.
      Have a great visit/holiday. Amping take care, Greg

• @realtalk5098
      @realtalk5098 3 місяці тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes yes thank you

• @realtalk5098
      @realtalk5098 3 місяці тому +1

I dont know if until now is 24 hes. I hope

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  3 місяці тому +1

No worries they are for sure - you can even check the Grab Philipipnes website and they will tell you there also. Safe travels.

• @JenLeh-ow8mp
    @JenLeh-ow8mp 17 днів тому +1

What what tHe aPp you download for internet so no need sims?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  17 днів тому

Hi Jen Leh @JenLeh-ow8mp
      Do you mean ESIM?
      These are Sims that don't require any plugging in of a SIM card.
      Many countries have their own verrion, for example Gobe in the Philippines (the sane booths you see in airports and malls giving away SIMS for free) now offers an ESIM.
      You have to check to see if your phone can use an E-SIM. For example my Samsung phone uses it no problem.
      If you aren't sure just check your settings under Settings, Connections, SIM Manager - if your phone allows E-SIM it will have two optoins, SIM cards AND eSIMS.
      You can also goolge the make and model of your phone and ask if it allows ESIM.
      The app I have used in Thailand, Hong Kong, USA and Canada is called Airlo, just google Airalo esim.
      The nice thing about this is you set up before you leave on your trip. Pick the country you want, then pick one of the plans and pay for it - does this on your WiFi from your house before leaving for the airport. Then when you land in that country as soon as your phone detects it is on that foreign cell network your plan autmatically kicks in.
      For me it worked great and started after we landed and was at the airport of all countries I used it in. In the USA and Canada my plan ran out, but the App gives you a warning and I simply topped up my plan was very easy.
      I hope I answered your question - if not let me know.
      Amping Greg

• @phern2389
    @phern2389 2 місяці тому +1

Oh when leaving g your hotel ALSO HAVE YOUR PINAY BOOK YOUR RIDE TO THE AIRPORT . EDSA. Wanted 2800 peso .. my girl got me 400 peso 👍

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi P Hern @phern2389 glad that worked for you.
      My only comment is anyone with a smartphone should download the Grab app and have that access themseves - no need to have anyone book it for you.
      With the Grab app you get all the car/driver details and can track the car before they pick you up and while on the route to your destination. Also the App has so much more than taxi - you can get food, pharmacy, many companies items delivered.
      Hope you can come back soon and explore more of the Philippines.
      If you are coming for a holiday you can also get an e-sim from Airalo app - and set it up before you leave home so that as soon as you land in the Philippines and turn your phone on it automatically kicks in and saves on expensive roaming rates so you have a cheap cell service while on holidays here. I used the same for trips to Thailand, Hong Kong, USA and Canada. Easy to use and cheap and if you run out of data easy to top up. (NOTE: I get nothing from Grab or Airlo, just passing on tips I have learned over my time travellling.)
      Amping take care, Greg

• @phern2389
      @phern2389 2 місяці тому +2

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes yeah I tried to do grab but America hates grab and would not let me finish if I am lucky there is a grab stand when I arrive otherwise the guys start with 2600 peso quotes

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Nice P Hern @phern2389 and with that savings of 2,200P you can take your gal out for a nice meal!
      Some have commented that they were able to add it and others not - I thought maybe since Uber now owns 25% of Grab that was the reason some were successful adding it there. But like most tech hit and miss. I was just testing different ways to add cash online to Gcash - I do local bank transfers - but my Canadian bank also has Western Union online for easy transfer so before doing anything I went back to the Gcash app and set up Western Union as a favorite for cash in - then I confirmed it was on my app home screen - went back to my Canadian bank account and sent a test top up - ... drum roll ... didn't work - said go to a local WU storefront - which as I said I was trying to avoid for when I am out of the country. So they have the WU company on their app - but id didn't work for an intternational top up - which I would assume most WU tansfers are international! Oh well back to the drawing board.
      Back to Grab - they have Grab booths at all 4 NAIA terminals, at Davao, at Cebu and at Clark International Airport (which covers Angeles City and Olongapo - there may be more airport coverage but those are the ones I know. For others like Dumaguete - we don't have taxi here but on the Grab app where the taxi booking normally shows up there is a Trike Booking - and guaranteed you would save money here booking through tthe Grab app - dpending on the trike drive I would get charged 100 to try for 300 when I lived at the beach here before.
      I just did a test check on the App for for going from Dumaguete Airport to Robinson Mall (the far side of Dumaguete) and the fee is 85P = I was charged 300P in 2019 when I first came to Dumaguete to go from downtown to my beachfront place near Robinson Mall.
      So even in the areas without taxi service I am sure many would be surprised to know Grab Trike might be an option.
      By the way I laughed at your suckit shout out about your hotel view to your buddy!
      Take care Greg

• @marianeil6630
      @marianeil6630 15 днів тому

I’m senior citizen, I got 20 percent off from the fares, Grab app download, not in Iloilo or other provinces in the Philippines. Only in Manila.

• @RKO0ON11
    @RKO0ON11 4 місяці тому

How much taxi from manila airport to angeles

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  4 місяці тому +1

No idea BADER AL-bader @RKO0ON1
      Not even sure a taxi would take you there - as how would they drive back empty without a fare? I am sure they would charge you for a double trip
      My video is about not getting scammed at NAIA for Manila. I would never take a Grab to Angeles City - never did it so no clue. I am sure a bus would be a much better option to get there from NAIA. Just Google it.
      You can also Google, Grab Fare estimator - but I doubt it anyone would actually drive you as Angeles City is not even close to NAIA, it is 85 KM
      If you haven't bought your ticket yet - fly to Clark International Airport instead of Manila - it is only 9 KM from Angeles City.
      Good luck. Greg

• @RKO0ON11
      @RKO0ON11 4 місяці тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes thank you greg

• @amanoma5398
    @amanoma5398 Рік тому

Is the grab booth open 24 hours?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Good question AMAnOMA @amanoma5398
      I have been there very early morning and very late at night and had no problem - but never asked if open 24-hours. One comment said you need to download the app here - but this is not true you can download the app from outside the Philippines.
      I tried to find a contact on their website they have lots of Q&As but nothing straight forward for contacting them. If I am able to figure out a way to contact them I will try to ask them and update you.
      Amping take care, Greg

• @InspireMari
      @InspireMari 9 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes Hello! I am sorry to butt in, but I realized I have a similar question and was wondering if you know if the Grab booth will be open when I arrive (between 9 and 10 PM I would say)?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  9 місяців тому +1

Yes all 4 terminals at NAIA have a Grab Booth to assist you if you don't have the App and they are open 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
      But I would also suggest to download the app as soon as you can, before or after arriving.
      Having the App means you can order a Grab to your exact location, they use the GPS to find you so you can still get a Grab anywhere when you are away from the Grab Booths at the airport.
      Also you can order Grab Food, as well as shopping like pharmacy or grocery and will be delivered to your home or hotel. So many amazing options to pick from in Metro Manila.
      We live in Negros Oriental, there are fewer options than Manila but still a wide variety of restaurants and shopping - I have ordered groceries from the Robinson Mall grocery store and it was very convenient. We don't have taxis in Dumaguete/Sibulan but the app allows you to order a Trike. I did a test and the price was very good - especially for a foreigner it is nice to get that fixed price.i have used trikes when my car was being serviced and I was charged double what my Filipina wife was charged, so discovering the Trike order option on Grab in Dumaguete was nice to learn. Also it avoids a common reply when you ask the price and hear IT'S UP TO YOU. Once a newly arrived guy got off in front of a restaurant where a buddy and I were having breakfast. I asked what he paid and he said 400p + 100p tip and the trike driver gave him his cell # for future use. I told him no need for that # as his ride should have been 100p total, and that is high - 500p is a days work for them.

• @InspireMari
      @InspireMari 9 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnesThank you very much for your reply!

• @Shiruku-dt3dp
    @Shiruku-dt3dp 9 місяців тому

i heard it takes long for grab to come sometimes is that true ?

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  9 місяців тому +3

Arrival time depends on time of day and available cars, since 2017 I have never waited a long time.
      In that video I ordered the Grab on the app then I turned around to video the airport exit and panned around to show the Grab Booth. By the time I panned around the driver was already there, so under 2 mins.
      The App will give you an estimated time and you can track the movement of your Grab on the built-in map.
      When you exit the terminal and cross the street you will see the white cabs, these are everywhere roaming the streets. Yes ZERO waiting. BUT generally not clean nice cars like Grab, no fixed guaranteed price like Grab, Grab you get photo of driver, car description and license plate and there is no increased price by the driver as you are travelling to your destination.
      I mentioned in one of my comments overhearing guy being quoted 3,000 to go to Makati, I was going to Ayala Alabang (much further away for 350) - I stopped and told the guy to not do it and come to the Grab Booth. The worker booked it for him and it was 300. He was very happy - no sense starting a holiday by getting scammed. Taxi scams happen all over the world, which is why I prefer Uber/Grab - Uber left the Philippines in 2018 and became a partner in Grab.
      Amping take care
      Greg

• @Shiruku-dt3dp
      @Shiruku-dt3dp 9 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes THANK YOU!

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes
      @CanadianInPhilipipnes  9 місяців тому +2

Let me know how it works for you. We are travelling again now and I will be at NAIA in October using it again to go from NAIA to our hotel for the night before we fly back to Dumaguete.
      I mentioned it before I have seen some order their Grab from the luggage carousel - I wouldn't do this. For one GPS for accurate pickup is much better when standing outside by the Grab Booth and that makes the best pickup location for the driver. Second, sometimes the luggage takes a long time AND definitely the Grab will be quicker than getting the luggage, so you don't want to miss your Grab while still waiting for your luggage.
      One final tip - I ALWAYS tell the driver take the quickest toll road - tolls are very cheap in Manila and the time saved is well worth it.
      Some drivers will add the toll cost to the App so your card will automatically pay for the toll (if you have your credit card attached to your Grab account) - even though I have this feature I still offer to pay the tolls and tip in cash, rather than adding both to the app. Whatever the driver prefers. If you don't have Philippine Pesos you can grab a small amount at the currency exchange Booths (or ATMs) inside the terminal just before you exit to the Grab Booth area.

• @Shiruku-dt3dp
      @Shiruku-dt3dp 9 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes copy that ! 🤝

• @RealGaryGibson
    @RealGaryGibson Рік тому

You can't download the Grab app until you are in the Philippines. And I believe you may need a Philippine phone number too.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Gary Gibson @RealGaryGibson I just had a friend try it and she downloaded it from Houston (Texas USA - for the non-Americans) and they do take US phone numbers. The communication with drivers/stores is done within the app message system so they businesses don't need it. BUT occasionally I will have a food delivery guy call my Cell (this wouldn't happen if I used my Cdn #) outside of the App when they can't find our house. For some reason SOME don't use the built in GPS on their App - I watch them as they come to our house then they stop and call. My wife says they probably don't have enough PHONE LOAD! I give them an extra 50P and tell them to buy some LOAD! Amping take care, Greg

• @RealGaryGibson
      @RealGaryGibson Рік тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes That's interesting. I tried it before I came here and it didn't work for me.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

She did it on Thursday - one thing I also saw it said that I can now use the GRAB app in the USA it just automatically connects with Lyft - I never tried this. I used my UBER app when I was in LA last time - but will try the GRAB app next time to see how it works.

• @Not_A_Tourist
      @Not_A_Tourist 5 місяців тому

I downloaded mine in the US before I traveled to the Philippines. Another thing I've done with the Grab app, once back in the US I used the app to order pizza delivered to my friends in the Philippines. Kind of a fun thing to do.

• @user-yw4bs4lk9k
    @user-yw4bs4lk9k 5 місяців тому

Thanks for the video. Wanna impress your wife with pronouncing the philippine currency? Say it this way : "pheh -- sohs" like the PE in Pending and sos like in Tomato Sauce -- -- not "Pay sauce " -- :)

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Hi Padthai Peter @user-yw4bs4lk9k I don't understand how you suggest I say it.
      I had my wife and her friends read your comment and they don't understand it either.
      If you heard me mis-speak - you will hear that often if you were around me, my wife and her friends seem to be amused by my pronunciation attempts - my Bisayan is not the best!!
      Sorry for that. Greg

• @user-yw4bs4lk9k
      @user-yw4bs4lk9k 5 місяців тому +1

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes I'm just trying to say the way you mentioned the Philippine currency in the video above is not how locals do. For the record, I lived in the Philippines The first 22 years of my life. What I'm saying is when it comes to Tagalog pronunciation, I know I am an expert because I still do even if I live in California now. In the video you called the Philippine currency pay sohs. Locals (Even me and my friends) actually call it pesos .. And I can tell you regardless of the dialect, Filipinos call the Philippine currency pesos not pay sauce. Anyways, this is a minor comment. You can ignore my message.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

No No I don't want to ignore it Padthai Peter @user-yw4bs4lk9k - I am greatful for your explanation - in the first one I didn't know how you were suggesting I should say it - salamat for the clarification.
      I think my hearing is going in my old age - my wife just laughs as I say words I ask for help saying - to my ear I am saying it correctly but she just laughs!!!
      Although as I type this I remember I took Mandarin lessons when I was in my 40s and I was terrible - the different intonations were a disaster for my pronunciation attempts - they all sounded the same to me.
      By the way I asked my wife and her friend to listen again with your new explanation in mind PESO or PAY SAUCE to my ear I think I said PESO - they both agreed with you and said I said PAY SAUCE !!!!! OMG you three all outvoted ME!!!! 😱😜👎 LOL
      Have a great day. Amping Ingat Greg

• @user-yw4bs4lk9k
      @user-yw4bs4lk9k 5 місяців тому

@@CanadianInPhilipipnes wala pong anuman. Kahit mga us-born kong mga anak di makasabay sa akin sa pananagalog.
      Pero kung pagtyatyagaan, madali ring matutunan ang Tagalog o kung anuman ang salita sa inyong lalawigan. Lalu na kung araw araw mo maririnig ang mga pag uusap at paggamit ng kataga.

• @CanadianInPhilipipnes

Paumanhin hindi ito madali! Sorry it's not easy!