Givi top box plate and windshield quick detach on Triumph T120

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 27 сер 2024
  • This video is about installing a Givi top box plate on the Givi rack on my triumph Bonneville motorcycle. It will allow me to use the same top box that is on my Ebike on the motorcycle. I also demonstrate the quick release on the Madstad windshield at the end of the video.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 31

• @petewebb6952
    @petewebb6952 4 місяці тому

Interesting. I’ve had T120s in the past and never considered the option of a top box, probably because I had a sissy bar and grab-rails on them which might hinder the top box plate. However I recently got a Speed Twin 900 (aka Street Twin) and I had a plate and top box fitted. I know top boxes spoil the look, but they are practical and offer comfort to my wife riding pillion. Thanks. 🇬🇧

• @keithkeitht5873
    @keithkeitht5873 11 місяців тому +2

It works just fine with a flat Triumph rack too. I have the Trekker monokey 33 LTR side cases and the Trekker monokey 48 LTR top box W/ back rest and luggage rack. I see you have the monolock plate. I also have the Madstad quick detach windshield with the quick detach lowers. Works just fine.

• @johnanderson9735
    @johnanderson9735 7 місяців тому

Thanks for this video, I put the same Givi rack on my T120 because I had a top box I am keep from an Africa Twin I am selling. The Monokey stuff works great! Thanks for talking about the Madstad windshield, I buying one soon.

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  7 місяців тому +2

I've also got a video installing the windshield if your interested.

• @johnanderson9735
      @johnanderson9735 7 місяців тому +1

@@woodtickgreg6926 Thanks, I will take a look at your Madstad windshield install.

• @jeffkeyser9946
    @jeffkeyser9946 Рік тому

Really nice setup!

• @michaelpina1858
    @michaelpina1858 Рік тому

Man!!!! That looks great!!!!!!

• @Jessejensenkohl
    @Jessejensenkohl 15 днів тому

Hi Greg, thank you for these videos, you seem to be the only one reviewing some of these products. I was wondering how the windshield has faired. Is it solid while riding faster speeds? I heard some tend the shake and rattle. Anyway, nice work mate.

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  15 днів тому +1

@Jessejensenkohl Thanks for the nice comments. Well here in the states the speed limit is 70 mph and its fine. I do raise it all the way up when I'm on the freeway so I don't get helmet buffeting. Most of the roads I run are 50 mph and below so a mid point with the windshield is good. I'm very happy with the windshield and don't wish for anything else. Cheers.

• @FatHulkRideEbike
    @FatHulkRideEbike Рік тому

I had a Givi top plate like that and Givi trunk on a Vulcan 750. Worked very well and never had an issue.

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  Рік тому

Yes I've been using it on my ebike for a year and a half on my daily work commute and it has been usefull and trouble free.

• @ngosituan1984
      @ngosituan1984 Рік тому

I have the same Givi rear rack and it works really good with the load of the top box around

• @pablocaparros777
    @pablocaparros777 3 місяці тому

Very good video sir.
    One question, could you tell me what model of windshield you use or where I can get that same model, thank you very much and new follower.

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  3 місяці тому

It is a Madstad brand windshield. I also have a video showing how to install it. Madstad builds each windshield to order. Best to call and talk to them or email them. They will also explain to you how to measure for the correct height of the wi dshield. I am very happy with it.

• @gary344
    @gary344 Рік тому

Enjoy your work. Have you given any thought to installing a Rear Belt Drive Conversion ??

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  Рік тому +2

I have seen the conversion kit, I think it's very expensive. I guess when my chain and sprockets wear out I'll take a look at it then and compare the cost difference. Right now I can't really justify the expense of the conversion. But less maintenance and a cleaner bike is appealing. I think right now if I put any big money into the bike it would be a seat upgrade and maybe suspension upgrades.

• @gcrichlow17
    @gcrichlow17 9 місяців тому

How practical are the saddlebags and how much can they store? Also how do you lock it when you are away from the bike?

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  9 місяців тому

The bags are good day bags, not real big but will carry enough gear for a weekend. I have the top box if needed and I also have a bag I can put over the seat for long get aways. But for daily or weekend rides the bags are just fine for me. They'll hold a jacket, gloves, hat, etc. As far as locking it I use the fork lock and a wheel lock. But I dont really leave the bike alone much.

• @johnanderson9735
      @johnanderson9735 7 місяців тому +1

I have a Givi Dolomiti top case and I most likely will add the pannier racks for side cases on long trips. For reference, the side cases with my top case will hold more than my Goldwing will, just in a different format. You can get a pretty nice top case from the Monokey line if you want wide flat storage.

• @elciofavare7710
    @elciofavare7710 7 місяців тому

I suppose it works on a Speedmaster too, doesn't it?

• @stevensalins256
    @stevensalins256 Рік тому

HI greg, ive been watching some of your Vids because I also bought a 2023 T120 Black.can you tell me the part #of the Givi Rack that you had to modify so I can figure out what is the correct one for this Bike. Nice job getting yours to work though..

• @woodtickgreg6926
      @woodtickgreg6926  Рік тому +1

I showed it in the rack video. I don't think Givi actually makes a rack for the 2023. I think there was some changes to the bike frame in 2021.

• @stevensalins256

I think I might just cut off the long arms and just use the 4 bolts that go down in frame because I will only run a lightweight tail Bag on Rack. Then I can remove/install in a matter of minutes. what do you think?

• @woodtickgreg6926

Only problem I see with that is you will be tempted to put more on it. If you don't have access to metal working tools I would just look at another rack. There are others available. Having the rack attach at 2 points is important. There is also a factory triumph rack. Also where the 4 bolts attach the rack that flat plate is also where the seat latch is, if you bend it you could have problems getting your seat on and off.

• @stevensalins256

well now that I know it is the correct rack for that Bike I might decide to just drop the rear fender and put the supplied bolts where they go in back of the shock mounts.@@woodtickgreg6926

• @woodtickgreg6926

@stevensalins256 It is not the correct rack, the brackets where a good 1-1/2" to 2" away from the frame on both sides, that's a lot to try and pull in with the bolts.