$800 Contax T2 vs $400 Yashica T4

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 27 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 36

• @randallstewart175
    @randallstewart175 2 роки тому +3

A very fair comparison of these cameras. I've owned a T2 for nearly 30 years, and it's the only point-n-shoot 35mm camera I've ever owned, or probably will own. I think he understates the image quality difference between the lenses, the T2 being a bit better at small stops and hugely better near wide open. Temper that point with consideration of what you do with the images. If you are scanning the film or getting cheap lab scans, then put them on YT or other social media, you'd never see a difference. The only difference that counts is whether you tend to use the camera like a non- point-n-shoot, i.e., making adjustments to aperture, exposure compensation (shutter speed), and related controls only available in the T2. If you are just going to truly point and shoot, you just do not need a T2, ever. And if in the end, you think you need a T2, stop and look into a Konica Hexar AF. Not as pocketable, but a much better camera at putting a high quality image on film, and that is the point of all this chat. It also costs somewhat less, if not "cheap".

• @y2ktube
    @y2ktube Рік тому +1

Video @ 1:05 - "Both have retractable lenses" - This is where most point & shoots have their little 'ticking-time-bombs'. The lens connections become severed via the use of flexible printed circuits. With enough 'Paperclip Bending', those connections become open (break). Better to own the non moving lens models. The Yashica T3 is fixed and has a FASTER Zeiss optic (f/2.8) than the more fragile & expensive T4 ! - Also, when the age weaknesses are corrected (hardened), the Nikon L35AW point & shoot is the best value with special features for the advanced amateur. - Its TACK Sharp lens, it's weatherized, has AF choice visible inside the VF, manual focus, manual flash and leader left out when rewound !

• @JessieLeTV
    @JessieLeTV 2 роки тому +2

Super helpful video. I just got a Contax t2. I got it for around the same price as a yashica t4. Crazy how much these cameras are inflated now. 😩

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  2 роки тому

Thats awesome where and when did you get your Contax?

• @JessieLeTV
      @JessieLeTV 2 роки тому +1

@@danieldijo lol, so I’d normally never, ever do this. But i found one on Craigslist in L.A & i took my chances bc it was $400-600 cheaper than everywhere else (eBay) . I Venmo’d him (yea super sketchy lol) and he wasn’t a scammer. I put my first roll in today!

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  2 роки тому

Very sketchy but glad it worked out!

• @orlixx
    @orlixx Рік тому +2

I like style of your videos 💪

• @Leptospirosi
    @Leptospirosi 2 роки тому +4

Honestly? I have a couple of Yashika t4 thrown somewhere: I'll get them and sell them on e-bay immediately. For as good pictures as they could take back in the days (when I bought them), they are just silly point and shoot: you can get a Nikon F4 for half the price of one of these, and the same is true for the Contax: to have a mockery of manual control you are totally foreseeing what these cameras were made for: convenient fast shoot out, which in modern days: at the cost of a film roll, it's just nuts! Pick your phone or your digital camera and shoot out as much as you want, but learn to savour your film shots with better and more competent cameras.

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  2 роки тому +2

I guess some logical people would agree with you. In the end its all about the experience people want. I assume people want a simple use and look of film cameras. If they wanted 1000 photos they would shot digitally. If they want to find perfect film simulators/filters they would. In the end shooting film in a manual SLR is like driving a vintage manual car. Shooting film point and shoots is like driving an old automatic classic. Automatic 3/5 series bmw. Automatic 2 door Tahoe. Just what people enjoy for their lifestyles. the want for these one day won't be an option. And is only becoming more rare to come across. Price is not going down.

• @ashenone3427
    @ashenone3427 2 роки тому +2

Lovely video. I'm going to buy a contax t2 soon to take photos for my record label. I know nothing about photography. What do I need to study in order to learn how to take full advantage of this camera. What would I need to look up online and research? Do you have a video on this? Also I just subscribed to your channel.

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  2 роки тому

I would shoot auto with it for the most part. An learn when you want larger or smaller apertures and only adjust then. I don't have any videos on this specifically but sounds like a great video.

• @JessieLeTV
    @JessieLeTV 2 роки тому +2

Where did you find a yashica t4 for $400?! They’re double the price now

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  2 роки тому +1

When I first started getting into film I bought it like almost 5 years ago.

• @jojo6550
    @jojo6550 3 роки тому +4

Great compressing video found this very helpful! Any thought in doing some under water film ? With waterproof cases? Happy shooting !!

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  3 роки тому

Thank you! fun comparison. I have a canon A1 waterproof that I will have to test on a vacation haha. I did shot a land roll on it. To test out!

• @JoeJoe-nb3lt
    @JoeJoe-nb3lt 3 роки тому +3

Acquire recently a t5 ( t4 super name in EU ) for 50bucks , was quite happy , i had some T4 before that i brought pretty cheap ( one that i sold to buy a contax g2 ) and still got one that i'am tempted to trade of for a Contax t2, but iam scared to regret it cause iam very found of the t4 ( the body is smaller and really handy for transporting , and i feel like it shoot faster than the t4 super which is nice for street photography ). Hopefully i will find a steal like you on a T2 i have hope now with all these bargain i found in 2021 there still some score to make haha #Kyoceragang

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  3 роки тому +2

That’s a great deal! Keep looking, I go often and find heart throbbing deals at times haha

• @benjinavas6247
      @benjinavas6247 Рік тому

Do you feel like theres a huge difference in sharpness between the t4 and g2?

• @MrKYLEforAwhile
    @MrKYLEforAwhile 8 місяців тому +1

$5 at a thrift store!?

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  8 місяців тому

Yeah, got lucky to be honest.

• @AssistableFTW
    @AssistableFTW 3 роки тому +1

What film did you use for the Yashica sample photos?

• @therealchickentender
    @therealchickentender 3 роки тому +2

Pretty good summary of both, but both of these cameras are grotesquely overpriced for their capability. Yes, a person's budget is their own budget, but the "this is the one" META mentality of the used camera market and what gets bought and sold is just silly. There are Konica compacts that are as good and better than these two and cost a tiny fraction of either of these.... true shooters. The UA-cam and Insta hypetrain of cameras de jour needs a reality check.

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  3 роки тому

I agree more the Yashica T4 over the Contax T2. The Carl Zeiss lenses are nice but still over priced. The Contax T2 is well worth twice the amount of the T4. There are far more alternatives of the T4 than T2. And the alternative I find might be better than T2 is the Fuji Klasse S but price on those is even more shocking.

• @therealchickentender
      @therealchickentender 3 роки тому +1

@@danieldijo Twice the price for the T2 over T4, sure... my point is both are inflated simply due to popularity, not capability. The Konica C35 family of cameras are a bargain comparatively. There are some great Ricohs as well. The Minoltas and Olympus are somewhat reasonable, but anything that was made by Contax, and particularly Canon and Nikon are ridiculous, not because of capability but popularity and brand recognition in TODAY'S market, not the market at the time of release. The popularity now has little-to-nothing to do with how well those cameras were received and used when they were *new*. Case in point - Konica was an ENORMOUS force at the time and sold many many units, but they're a defunct company and so pretty much ignored today. It's weird.

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  3 роки тому +1

Konica has fallen on lower end of Olympus. Olympus is decently priced for quality. Over all my favorite film camera brand. I also enjoy Pentax! And popularity controls price simply because of supply and demand. Those who know, know. Konica big minis were 50-80 3-4 years ago.

• @danieldijo
      @danieldijo  3 роки тому +1

And no worries just explaining what question I was aiming to answer. Because T2 without question is better than the T4

• @therealchickentender
      @therealchickentender 3 роки тому

@@danieldijo I gotcha. I know. (Though I'm not sure what you mean by "Konica has fallen on the lower end of Olympus" :headscratch:) .... I love Pentax. In fact that was my main kit/gear for a decade and a half (by numbers it still is). But I've been on a Konica train the past 6 years or so and haven't let go. I've begun selling other SLR gear, even the Pentax, which is something I never thought I'd do.