Galaxy Tab S Motherboard (and battery) Model SM-T700

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 23 лип 2024
  • Step by step DIY replacement of the motherboard {logic board) in a defective Galaxy Tab S. It took me less than 15 minutes to complete that doesn't require any special skills.
    You can buy used motherboards on Ebay, but I would suggest looking for ones that came from units that had broken screens. Hopefully the motherboards are working and not defective.
    If you see I missed anything please add it to the comments below!
    Happy DIY!
  • Навчання та стиль

КОМЕНТАРІ • 53

• @fduyilemi
    @fduyilemi 4 роки тому +1

Best video which help me to bring my SMT-705 back to life, it worked. Thank you!

• @pebbleslove419
    @pebbleslove419 7 років тому +8

This video was a huge help to an iFixit.com user! Thanks for creating awesome repair content.

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  7 років тому +1

Kelsea Weber That is awesome and great to hear! Hopefully it went well and they have a working unit again at a fraction of the cost of replacing it.

• @mwrivs
    @mwrivs 7 років тому

Thank you so much. Gave me confidence to attempt this repair. And hoping to resurrect my beloved tablet too!

• @njr15db
    @njr15db 6 років тому

Great video. Really helped me when taking apart my T700. Thank you!

• @suanshelton2132
    @suanshelton2132 6 років тому

thank you this was a big help for me my charger port is broken and its going to take a lot for me yo fix . i don.t have all the tools to change it out. thank you

• @maro9052008
    @maro9052008 5 років тому +1

Nice one 👍🏾, I have the same issue, I’ve been replacing the battery twice .. and someone told me about the motherboard.. I didn’t expecting to be this easy .. thx mate ... now I need to get a good motherboard online ..🙏🏽

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  5 років тому +1

Thanks! But use a little bit of caution. After I got a new motherboard it still did the same problem just a lot less frequently. There's also the possibility of buying a good unit that has a cracked screen. As long as it worked properly before the screen cracked it should be a good motherboard. Good luck and hope it goes well for you!

• @maro9052008
      @maro9052008 5 років тому

Jamie S. thx mate 👍🏾

• @rajarahul3528
      @rajarahul3528 5 років тому

Did you replace the motherboard??? Was your problem solved?? I too have the same issue bro...plz help...!!!

• @maro9052008
      @maro9052008 5 років тому

Raja Rahul no I haven’t , I’m scared 😟 to order a motherboard on eBay , .. I need to find a good website to order the motherboard

• @androo235
    @androo235 6 років тому +2

Mine was /is an SMT-705 worked just the same. Thanks.

• @dirtywog06
    @dirtywog06 3 роки тому

I'll give you 10/10 for a very good job . And 15/10 for the smile 😎

• @petersmith5199
    @petersmith5199 2 роки тому

Brilliant!

• @wittywoo
    @wittywoo 5 років тому

Brill video. Thank you

• @carmelo9843
    @carmelo9843 3 роки тому

Would this help for mine that has green lines randomly and turns off at the same time when at full charge

• @Elvis4life
    @Elvis4life 4 роки тому

YES SAME THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• @sadrion23
    @sadrion23 10 місяців тому

question.
    Does the headsink come with thermal paste? Or a thermopad?
    It is 2023, 9 years without change.
    This makes me wonder....
    it's a shame for such a tablet because it's amoled.
    I would be grateful for the answer as to what is under the headsinks.
    The drop in performance is natural after such a time. but.

• @calia386
    @calia386 Рік тому

Is there any way to fix the video on this tablet? I dropped it and it's now a black screen. I can hear it come on and button sounds, no video

• @mariostaylor7820
    @mariostaylor7820 5 років тому

How strong is the new battery?Mine last about one day with light use.Do you think that I should change it?Thanks.

• @androo235
    @androo235 6 років тому

Nicely done with a smile ... did it hold up over time?

• @truth6554
    @truth6554 8 місяців тому

Jamie can I obtain all new guts for the Tab S sm-700. I had mine in my back pocket and jumped in my car. So it cracked but still comes alive. I sent it to Samsung they replaced the screen and battery sent it back. I can't use it and that was when they were new. It randomly resets and gets stuck in a loop of just restarting one after another. I want to replace everything because I don't know what cracked.

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  8 місяців тому +1

I never found a store that had all the parts. I got what I needed off of eBay. You could risk buying one that has a cracked screen, but everything else works and swap them into yours. At some point it becomes more expensive to fix than replace. Sorry!

• @rreisenmann8561
    @rreisenmann8561 5 років тому

good video

• @laurindacouto1872
    @laurindacouto1872 5 років тому

Thanx for the video guy 👍 I really need my tab but it's laggy af. If I change the board will it be working fine like new again?

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  5 років тому +1

I wouldn't do this if it's just lagging. I would look for videos to clear ram or free up memory maybe. It might just be a messed up app on your tablet. I did this video because the tablet would just die. Good luck!

• @laurindacouto1872
      @laurindacouto1872 5 років тому

@@sfjamie I've tried all the little software thing even factory reset. I really don't have much on it at all in terms of apps and photos.

• @freddiemercury8982
    @freddiemercury8982 6 років тому

Hi may I ask you, does repairing the motherboard lose the data inside such as pictures?

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  6 років тому

Yep. It's the guts of the tablet. Cloud back up all your stuff before doing this. There are a bunch of free options to use to do that. Good luck!

• @LajosHorvathStephenpoe
    @LajosHorvathStephenpoe 6 років тому

Hi :)
    Great video..my question:The tab still working and not have freeze,or bootloop?
    Thank You :)

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  6 років тому

Lajos Horvath Eh... It's helped but still goes out from time to time. Only solution I've found for this is that it needs to be always plugged in. Never quits if it is. So I gave it to my kids to use with a portable charger.

• @alfchevere
      @alfchevere 6 років тому

Really??? =(

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  6 років тому +1

FEBO KAREOKLIX yup. Not the outcome I had hoped for.

• @LajosHorvathStephenpoe
      @LajosHorvathStephenpoe 6 років тому

I did myself,and that work perfectly.
      Many thanks for the support :)

• @alfchevere
    @alfchevere 6 років тому +1

So, do you recomend to change the tablet to another model?

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  6 років тому +2

FEBO KAREOKLIX that's really hard to say. I'm the type to try to fix something before I give up on it. Everything else about this tablet was in mint condition, so to me it was worth the try. But I am, of course, frustrated it didn't eliminate the problem.

• @alfchevere
      @alfchevere 6 років тому

I'm looking for a power bank hahaha... Thx my friend greetings from Venezuela...

• @kaisofine
    @kaisofine 7 років тому +1

how do you know if it is the motherboard or the battery?

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  7 років тому +1

I did as much research on the web as possible. What I came up with was that it was either a power issue or the motherboard. So with the batteries being cheap and easy to get, I started with that. When it didn't help, I went to the next possibility and that is the motherboard. But just a warning... I got the motherboard used and it could (and mine did) have the same issue that I had before. Although it happens a lot less than it did before, it still happens which sucks.

• @kaisofine
      @kaisofine 7 років тому

Jamie Schmitt fuck. thanks I guess I will just get a new tablet. I wonder if this a Samsung issue? Maybe, I should look into a different brand.

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  7 років тому +2

kaisofine Eh, I feel ya. I was disappointed too but I was able to pick up Tab A at Costco for $125 on sale. It hasn't messed up yet. Nowhere as good resolution, but it doesn't die on me! I gave this one to my daughter to watch Netflix. Our Galaxy Note phones also have issues. Might be time for a brand switches.

• @miloc3103
      @miloc3103 5 років тому

@@sfjamie other than the resolution how do you like the A vs the S 8.4?
      I have the S 8.4 with same flicker reboot issue but really like the feel, thinness, screen size and resolution.

• @oneworldlancer_2023
    @oneworldlancer_2023 6 років тому

Where I can buy new motherboard online - my mobile model is [ Galaxy Tab S2 T705 4G LTE ] , I found all used , how you bought a new board - send me links for online store ?

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  6 років тому

When I reference 'new', it is a new (meaning different) used one I bought on EBAY. I don't believe you can buy them new. Sorry if that was unclear.

• @moriv04
    @moriv04 5 років тому

my tablets broke piece is motherboard and battery

• @Ruschssland
    @Ruschssland 4 роки тому

A los 2 años se comenzó a parpadear y se apagaba luego prendía y a los 2 segundos se apagaba. Hoy no prende pero si carga al 100% Algún consejo, algún buen técnico para me lo reparen. Saludos desde Lima Perú.

• @jesuscallacruzado8617
      @jesuscallacruzado8617 2 роки тому

Buscalo en facebok celulab se llama el servicio en Lima

• @jesuscallacruzado8617
      @jesuscallacruzado8617 2 роки тому

Amigo uka pregunta y mi se me malogro la pantalla. Qiero arreglarlo pero nose si sera bueno porqr me han dicho, no lose que no es compatible actualmente con disney Prime Video movistar play sabes algo al respecto grcias

• @tantragro89
    @tantragro89 6 років тому +1

The camera point on you all the time not at your work or the tablet

• @pastormanolomina
    @pastormanolomina 6 років тому

donde compro ese respuesto

• @sfjamie
      @sfjamie  6 років тому

jóvenes con propósito Mina Arroyo Ebay