The AMERICAN GIANT that was KING - War Thunder T29

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 20 січ 2023
  • In this video we play the American Giant that was KING of low tier! The T29 is a Rank 4 American Heavy Tank at Battle Rating 7.0!
    Back when this thing was 6.7 it absolutely smashed its way through the ranks of 5.7 - 6.7 but now it can face cold war tanks, planes and even helicopters.
    The T29 is still good but today I wanted to find out if it was still THAT good! :)
    New WT Decal: store.gaijin.net/catalog.php?...
    Merch: oddbawz-shop.creator-spring.com
    Discord: / discord
    Instagram: / oddbawz
    Twitter: / oddbawz
    Business Email: oddbaw01@gmail.com
    Patreon: / oddbawz
  • Ігри

КОМЕНТАРІ • 408

• @OddBawZ
    @OddBawZ  Рік тому +63

If you want a less powercreeped tank why not use my link to get my cool decal! 😎 You get 3% off and I get 3% to spend on fixing my computer! 😶 store.gaijin.net/catalog.php?category=WarThunder&partner=Oddbawz&partner_val=2bpa5qx4

• @Lanny.M
      @Lanny.M Рік тому

Hell yeah

• @kpt_vr46
      @kpt_vr46 Рік тому

Is the cobra king any good or should I get another one of the tier 3 premium us tanks

• @bismarck3055
      @bismarck3055 Рік тому

@@kpt_vr46 Sheppards pie

• @tdteliteboy8991
      @tdteliteboy8991 Рік тому

Get a free emblem

• @ragingstorm_15
      @ragingstorm_15 Рік тому

Cool! I would like to see you try the mosquito 6 with the uncle toms, it’s hilarious, it can take out top tier tanks

• @GRD-sv3yq
    @GRD-sv3yq Рік тому +120

I remember my first ever match in a tiger h1, i was filled with excitement. Then i was soon turned to ash from one of these covered in American flags. I was in shambles

• @OddBawZ
      @OddBawZ  Рік тому +40

A lot of times I was split seconds from disaster. An extra foot sticking out around a corner and I was done for.

• @gosshawk
    @gosshawk Рік тому +564

I got a friend who bought the t 29 and i know he will eventually watch this video. If you are reading this because we both watch oddbawz, if you are reading this you know who you are

• @Wyrmvonsturm
    @Wyrmvonsturm Рік тому +10

"Same BR as an IS-6, not sure how that happened."
    We ALL know how that happened Bawz. It's the same story for EVERY good vehicle. People play it, realize it's good. Some Russian/German/American main cries their way onto the forums. More people play it, realize it IS actually good. Gaijin sees tons of people are playing a good vehicle and raise it's BR because fun is not allowed.

• @subzerosugar7161
    @subzerosugar7161 Рік тому +163

I love the T29. It was my first ever premium and an excellent choice at that. Got my first ever nuke in it

• @thebombdigitydog
      @thebombdigitydog Рік тому +6

first ever premium i have bought myself as well!

• @almaefogo
      @almaefogo Рік тому +4

I don't have the t29 but my favorite tank is the US T34 so in guessing the t29 is going to play almost the same.

• @fire_drake12.arc.24
      @fire_drake12.arc.24 Рік тому +7

@@almaefogo it plays basically the same, you cant pen as reliably but when you do, you are basically guaranteed a 1-shot just like the T34 and you have a slightly faster reload to make up for it. It just doesnt belong at 7.0, thats the only reason why its worse now.

• @shipmasterofsanghelios9856
      @shipmasterofsanghelios9856 Рік тому +1

I remember my first nuke was in a T54(1949), but my second ever nuke was with the T29. It really is a fun vehicle.

• @dense_and_dull
      @dense_and_dull Рік тому +1

Just got my first ever nuke in the T-29 yesterday. Such a beast of a tank, even in a full uptier.

• @masonvaillancourt6891
    @masonvaillancourt6891 Рік тому +33

During the port Novo match, I was honestly so invested in that absolute Chad in the ZSU and got so worried when he called for backup lol

• @DarkButz
    @DarkButz Рік тому +16

Protip: If you see a T29. T30 or T34 - don't aim at the side of the turret unless you're using HESH or HEAT. Thing bounces like crazy for some reason. Took me 4 shots from the long 8.8 before it went through one time.

• @Existor106
      @Existor106 Рік тому +1

Long 88 can just pen the front of the turret,mg port and lower front plate
      Only thing that will go through the side of it's turret is heatfs or decent grade dart

• @alphastronghold715
      @alphastronghold715 Рік тому +10

They only gave the T34 and T29 half their irl armor on the front plate. You can literally shoot this thing anywhere that isn’t the gun mantlet and punch a hole straight through it (edit: provided you’re using something larger than a 75 of course), and even then because it only has 60% of its irl armor on the turret cheeks you can punch straight through those too with a half decent shot.

• @caralho5237
      @caralho5237 Рік тому +1

@@alphastronghold715 but then german tanks get every upgrade available

• @alphastronghold715
      @alphastronghold715 Рік тому +6

@@caralho5237 Including some which were only on paper, yes.

• @TurnyPlays
    @TurnyPlays Рік тому +9

This was great. That flank in the Third game was EPIC

• @dovahkiin3526
    @dovahkiin3526 Рік тому +29

*Sees friendly team of mostly 6.7*
    "Must be 7.7"

• @xXturbo86Xx
      @xXturbo86Xx Рік тому +2

Well it's the norm now isn't it?

• @thiagobogli1834
    @thiagobogli1834 Рік тому +20

probably my favorite looking tank, when I starded playing this and the T34 gave me nightmares whenever I saw them because how armored they look, I just panicked and shot anywhere:)

• @stevenpg9517
    @stevenpg9517 Рік тому +21

Fun fact:
    If you are close enough to a Tiger 2, you can pen the lfp with the T29's cannon.

• @crunks2955
      @crunks2955 Рік тому +4

Does it work with the T34 as well?

• @xxdarkdiamondxx2998
      @xxdarkdiamondxx2998 Рік тому +6

@@crunks2955yes it works better with the T34

• @farrel2114
      @farrel2114 Рік тому +4

Oh my god every German mains will now cry and beg Gaijin to move all Tiger 2 to 6.0.

• @shronkler1994
      @shronkler1994 Рік тому +3

@@farrel2114 too unbalanced, needs to be lower, probably like 5.0 so I can't be penned

• @TheT-90thatstaresintoyoursoul
      @TheT-90thatstaresintoyoursoul Рік тому +3

@@shronkler1994 KT isnt that hard to kill in a sherman 75, much less a sherman 76.
      Clearly should be 2.0
      Source: Killed KT from side in sherman jumbo (75mm one), KT got trolled by transmission plate and bounced, proceded to delete their ammo.

• @tasgooner6265
    @tasgooner6265 Рік тому +14

Hi Oddz. Thanks for persevering and posting even though you’re having PC issues. Love your work so hopefully your new PC will deliver for you so you can keep creating the great content. You’re the first thing I look for each day!

• @homiedaclown4381
    @homiedaclown4381 Рік тому +10

The T29/Skyshark combo is one of my favorite duos in the entire game. Both helped me massively for grinding when I got them about a year and a half ago. One of the first tanks and planes I had a fantastic time in as a newer player. The Skyshark alone helped me master energy retention when doing CAS with how it flies.

• @TSF71
    @TSF71 Рік тому +4

I bought this a while back and helped me grind USA so much

• @robd10121983
    @robd10121983 6 місяців тому

Fit like, I came across your Chanel after watching FD for so long. Really enjoying it and hope I g to learn tips as I watch. Keep up the good work, from a fellow Scot’s man.

• @MrJenkyn
    @MrJenkyn Рік тому +37

Thanks for the post Odd, I know from experience how much time and effort goes into editing and producing content like this. I'm also painfully aware how infuriating and exasperating it is to do this on a PC that just doesn't won't play ball!
    Just know all the hard work and effort you put in is appreciated and known. Cracking vid as always, the T29 is a top boi! Much love from 1 of 191K subscribers

• @OddBawZ
      @OddBawZ  Рік тому +11

Imagine you’re editing but every time you scrub there’s a 50/50 chance your PC hangs or goes into a boot loop.

• @MrJenkyn
      @MrJenkyn Рік тому

@@OddBawZ oh dear lord... I imagine the timeline is pretty stacked as well...?

• @MrJenkyn
      @MrJenkyn Рік тому

Oh and if it's PR you're using I'm happy to try and assist

• @gavinpraytor3572
      @gavinpraytor3572 Рік тому

We need more comments like this, ones that are truly ment. Not just on UA-cam but in the real world as well.

• @TonOBeans
    @TonOBeans Рік тому +31

This video was amazing. The whole thing was beautiful, to the editing, commentary. The whole thing was extraordinary. Keep up the good work Odd!

• @reaperskid07
    @reaperskid07 Рік тому +3

I bought this thing to shotgun through Rank IV. I hated it at first until I finally figured out how to use it (knowing weakspots helps too). It's a fantastic tank, just has a big head lol

• @coryd4365
    @coryd4365 Рік тому +1

Shout-out to that bosvark in the first game, love a good spaa who helps win those kind of games

• @SWEETDREAMS_MF
    @SWEETDREAMS_MF Рік тому

Always a good way to end the day! Keep them coming Bawz!

• @7empest.420
    @7empest.420 29 днів тому

OMG BawZ I remember a few years ago when I first watched a video of your when you were at 40 something thousand subs it’s crazy how fast you blew up after you reached 70 you took off like a rocket, my hat is off to you man and I love you videos dude they’re always so perfect

• @Novous
    @Novous Рік тому +4

I'm a simple man. I see an oddbawz video, I press the like button.

• @JARG09631
    @JARG09631 Рік тому +2

Nice, I don't have this one but been loving the T34

• @dnixon8767
    @dnixon8767 Рік тому

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

• @tsukaharabokuden5892
    @tsukaharabokuden5892 Рік тому +1

I have no heavy tank skill - I totally struggle - great video

• @Kraus-
    @Kraus- Рік тому

Thanks for the video

• @Slugbunny
    @Slugbunny Рік тому

Thanks for the diligent work! o7

• @crunks2955
    @crunks2955 Рік тому

Shooting down planes with this and the T34 is so satisfying, they always go head on and you can just pilot-snipe them with the 50’ cal

• @bobisbell1837
    @bobisbell1837 Рік тому

Good game play Odd

• @crazyadam9281
    @crazyadam9281 Рік тому +2

It'll soon see even more Marder 1A3 since in Gaijin almighty wisdom believe the 1A3 should be a 7.7br t.ank

• @thewanderingpharaoh8956
    @thewanderingpharaoh8956 Рік тому +6

As a German main when I see that tank I just go the other way

• @uhoh4480
      @uhoh4480 Рік тому

I would often say to myself “the German day of Reckoning will come” to keep calm after dying to tigers and panthers as a Sherman. I just bought the t29 because it was 60% off and I was always a fan of it. It feels great being able to fight toe to toe with German heavies.

• @O_O_F
      @O_O_F Місяць тому

​@@uhoh4480 Sherman's are extremely un-noob friendly but once you can aim for the weak spots then yeah you just need to break their cannon and track and side if your alone with them

• @dantheman5222
    @dantheman5222 Рік тому

Great vid mate, T29 is great but just started using the M46 after many years of owning it and very fun fast mobile tank only problem with it is i tend to over-extend in it, one thing after watching your vid is next time there is a discount going id be very interested in The A2D-1 Skyshark

• @terrystearns9463
    @terrystearns9463 Рік тому

Some great games. Awesome playing.

• @solhernendez2885
    @solhernendez2885 Рік тому +2

Hey odd can you please play the leopard 2k? Loving the content it's always exciting seeing a new video get published.

• @Zombieman-if3jl
    @Zombieman-if3jl Рік тому

Great vid

• @InfamousMaximus
    @InfamousMaximus 8 місяців тому

Hey man, love the videos. What headset do you creators use? I find mine work a lot of the time, but when I need them the most they fail to pinpoint sound locations

• @anacleos345
    @anacleos345 Рік тому +1

Just bought this former King. Now I'm getting paired against the IS6, Leo's and anything else than can wreck it

• @zolarien
    @zolarien Рік тому

Broooo I just read the title!!!!! IVE WAITED FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!!!

• @rocketfingersnoobgaming
    @rocketfingersnoobgaming Рік тому +1

I could never enjoy a tank battle with planes...

• @Existor106
    @Existor106 Рік тому

Bought this thing a year after starting WT in 2017
    Grinded almost all of USA while it was at 6.7 and it still is my most played thing

• @duke0salt717
    @duke0salt717 Рік тому +1

What's hilarious about this tank is the fact the 122 can punch through the ufp at 500ms with the B round

• @notsoseriouslen6374
    @notsoseriouslen6374 3 місяці тому

i love when tiger2s ferds and jags finally meet their match and get matches like this because in small city maps when german heavies get downtiers its almost unfair u have to flank no other choice...that being said i did take out 3 tiger ps numerous tiger 1s and a ferd all with a t20 on stalingrad capped 4 caps and got 16k rp yesterday but tnats with good teamates...i had the same map full uptier again in my t20 later and my whole team just overpushed and payed for it

• @Tulersian
    @Tulersian Рік тому

I've played the t-29 so much I have made almost 10mil SL in it. I've learned it's ins and outs and how to kill almost any vehicle it faces, gotta love the overly confident is-6s that rush me thinking I can't kill them then I punch through the mgs on the mantlet.

• @Dynasty0612
    @Dynasty0612 Рік тому +1

13:10 you shot the guys bomb while it was still attached to him.

• @bobh64
    @bobh64 Рік тому

It's great hearing "thats a big bomb" every once in a while in your videos.

• @kedronmallia939
    @kedronmallia939 Рік тому

I play war thunder to have that ACDC solo to hit at just the right time to unlock me a core memory

• @XShadowzVarcolac
    @XShadowzVarcolac 4 місяці тому

I tried grinding out the US 5.0 hell just so i can try the T34 but gave then that 50% sale made me get the T29 as my first ever premium and got my first nuke an hour later. T29 has served me well in both WT and WoT.

• @Gvman2019
    @Gvman2019 2 місяці тому

Coming from Indonesia you make good videos 😊

• @isaacgibbons9654
    @isaacgibbons9654 Рік тому +1

Odd, you should do a video on the m56. I just unlocked it recently and have almost gotten 3 nukes with it.

• @starnab4969
    @starnab4969 Рік тому +1

I honestly have no trouble nuking in this thing. My favorite tank by far

• @jacksona9260
    @jacksona9260 Рік тому

That pairing is my favorite pairing, I've spent countless hours here blasting people.

• @FreeRangeLemon
    @FreeRangeLemon Рік тому

I remember when this was first released. Bought it immediately and I think to this day it may be my most played premium.

• @TheOneWayDown
    @TheOneWayDown Рік тому

This damn thing and the T34 is my greatest fear when I'm in the T-44-100. I usually don't fear much, my angled front plate can deflect long 88s after all. But those American heavies, I know if I miss that first shot, it doesn't matter how well I've angled, that shell is going clean through me nine times out of ten

• @sharkk127
    @sharkk127 Рік тому +1

I can't remember how many of these things I've killed by just shooting the turret side and hitting the ammo

• @tomedwards6233
    @tomedwards6233 Рік тому +1

I love ur videos they always make me laugh got to love the scots

• @dylancarson5641
    @dylancarson5641 Рік тому

Thanks odd

• @celder436
    @celder436 Рік тому

12:13 That bomb bounced off of his .50 cal

• @maxpopkov1432
    @maxpopkov1432 Рік тому +1

Finally my T29 is getting the recognition it Deserves

• @USSWISCONSIN64
    @USSWISCONSIN64 Рік тому +4

Funny seeing this and thinking how much better it is over the T34. In both WoT and WT (well before they nerfed it on WoT lol) that APHE round is so much better than the APCBC the T34 has. Even though the pen is disgusting fun. Haven't played my T29 mainly because of germany 7.3 which is fuckin annoying to deal with and so is dealing with 8.0. any chance for the T32s Odd? Pls?

• @ThelVadam7777
    @ThelVadam7777 Рік тому +1

6.7 is the one br that has been absolutely demolished by br crompresion

• @CyberneticArgumentCreator
    @CyberneticArgumentCreator Рік тому +3

The ~7.0 BR premium tanks are always banger choices to grind the bulk of a nation's tree. T29, IS-6, Ru 251, Tiger II H Sla. 16, Cent Action X, Somua SM and EBR 1963, and so on. The multipliers and costs at that tier make for consistent big money and you can grind out through rank 5 easily.

• @Arthur_Neves
      @Arthur_Neves Рік тому

Lol swedeb doesnt even have anything in 7.0

• @mcbgaming95
    @mcbgaming95 Рік тому +1

For the same br i think the is6 is awesome and more fun

• @redbuttons573
    @redbuttons573 Рік тому

Great vid! Could you do the EBR (1954)? I’d like to see if it’s still good since it jumped in BR

• @Zorro9129
    @Zorro9129 Рік тому +1

I wish you used realistic gunsights, pulling off shots are much more satisfying when you do so.

• @thatguysky123
    @thatguysky123 Рік тому

I bought it when I t was 6.7 years ago. When you face a down tier, you were a God. The Tiger 1s and the Panthers never stood a chance.

• @mcchickenbaptistchurch.org2

"he's doing something funny, leave him alone dude"

• @sar_ptolemy
    @sar_ptolemy Рік тому

"what is happening, theres so much noise"
    >opens up into smoke with three .50 HMGs

• @wafflecopter9296
    @wafflecopter9296 Рік тому

I always have a good time in this tank. But the moment an is3 shows up I panic, try to hit his barrel. Miss, and then die

• @jancz357
    @jancz357 Рік тому

this was my first purchage in WT :D a long time ago

• @nicholasleon7819
    @nicholasleon7819 Рік тому

amazing tank, earned my ace in it

• @die__birne1743
    @die__birne1743 4 місяці тому

The first time I fought this was getting a "slight" uptier in my tiger e... I pretty much rage quit after I couldn't pen anywhere and he simply oneshot my perfectly angled tiger

• @signofdeath9439
    @signofdeath9439 Рік тому

in fact I never saw anyone's playing likes your playing war thunder. thanks for your experience in this game (excuse my English I am Arabic native)

• @smolwavingsnail9028
    @smolwavingsnail9028 Рік тому

I wondered why I've been seeing t29's everywhere. There was an odd video on it. Also Odd please play the Chinese copy noodle object 120 the PTZ89. I don't think I've seen anyone cover it yet

• @bsears85
    @bsears85 Рік тому +1

Oh I loved the T29 at 6.7, helped pull my mediocre ass to some really fun times. I haven't played it since it's moved up though, took a long break and still am getting back into playing somewhat correctly lol

• @megan8447
    @megan8447 Рік тому

Odd, tell me your secret to identifying a single pixel of a tank, completely covered in foliage and other cover, knowing it's exactly 1,684 meters away, and identifying it to be the French version of a t-34

• @grandmoffrex
    @grandmoffrex Рік тому

Just as I was watching this I clutched a game where my team only had 28 tickets left in none other than the t-29

• @2ndkombat
    @2ndkombat Рік тому +5

i remember when T34, T29, T30 at 6.7. They were absolute beast, even the IS-6 spam were useless against them back then.

• @hunlepto2239
      @hunlepto2239 Рік тому

T34 being at 6.7 is still pretty much a crime for sure. Its armor can bounce even long 88s (Russian cannons are even more useless against it) and is literally just a better King Tiger overall with a bigger reload rate and solid shot (which let's be honest doesn't really matter, since the shell is so big, it causes tons of spalling). Facing it with 5.7 vehicles is scary and my only hope is flanking it (hard to do especially if the player doesn't drive into the middle of the battlefield.

• @mikeoscarone
    @mikeoscarone Рік тому

Pls can you do a knother tiger 2 H video and keep up the good work bawz

• @russell33313
    @russell33313 Рік тому

I bought it years ago when it was 6.7 it was a beast

• @LiamPluck
    @LiamPluck Рік тому +1

the bomb at 12:14 bounced off your 50cal

• @chrisstopher2277
      @chrisstopher2277 Рік тому

Wow how'd did you see that? Good eyes!! Or does it look like that since he moved the camera angle?

• @bengarutora
    @bengarutora Рік тому

Famous last words: "was that bomb for me?"

• @arcanos9706
    @arcanos9706 Рік тому

Yo odd bawz. How would you rate the sla. 16 tiger II? I’ve debated buying it once i enter that BR with Germany

• @aqua9270
    @aqua9270 Рік тому

Load 33 t13 shells only that will store the shells on the floor making them harder and to hit and that means you won’t get one spotted by tigers especially since where the shells will be stored has loads of armor
    making this tank even harder to kill

• @Drgunzo616
    @Drgunzo616 Рік тому

Love playing the T29 and T34. Funny how carrying your team gets you 100k SL while that's an average reward for a naval match with a premium.

• @beemy.6923
    @beemy.6923 Рік тому

The battles between American super giants and German krupp steel is a thing of the past... now it's just HEATFS.

• @dieseljunky883
    @dieseljunky883 Рік тому +3

Bought this a week or so ago, great lineup with the T34 and T26e1-1. Surprisingly not alot of people know where to hit them. Ive gotten 6-7 kills on a few occasions and thats alot for me!

• @JessWLStuart
    @JessWLStuart Рік тому

Liked and commented! Go OddBawZ Go!

• @MrErwinator
    @MrErwinator Рік тому

YESS FINALLY HE FLIES THE SKYCHONKER

• @Blue50678
    @Blue50678 Рік тому

dont forget the t34 too its at 6.7 and spals really well

• @dense_and_dull
    @dense_and_dull Рік тому

I got my first nuke with the T-29 yesterday.

• @feluto7172
    @feluto7172 11 місяців тому

Average german player:
    1)Picks the most overpowered tank at its BR
    2)Dies in a fight that was an easy win
    3)Instantly picks plane and divebombs as revenge
    4)Loses the game because caps were completely ignored

• @bradywarford992
    @bradywarford992 7 місяців тому

With the br changes recently I only get 6.7 and below. I only get uptiered when I play with friends

• @Notmyname1593
    @Notmyname1593 Рік тому +1

They hardly put up a fight this time. The last two games in particular looked like the enemy team was being bullied.

• @kinglew0773
    @kinglew0773 Рік тому +2

Meanwhile the T29 turret on WOTB is literally impenetrable

• @alphastronghold715
      @alphastronghold715 Рік тому

Because on WOT they actually gave it the full armor thickness the actual T29 had. Both it and the T34 have the lowest amount of any of their irl models, with the majority of those tanks having nearly twice as much as they do in game. This was the American equivalent to the King Tiger and Gaijin didn’t like that so they made it unrealistic as per usual.

• @MyLeftToeNail260
    @MyLeftToeNail260 Рік тому

underrated

• @D_F_A
    @D_F_A Рік тому

That is currently the best tier to play. At least you don't get splattered by missiles from helicopters or drones.

• @hansiminator69
    @hansiminator69 Рік тому +9

I think it’s day 188 of writing comments for the algorithm No.1

• @Tutel9528
    @Tutel9528 Рік тому

Love sending a long 88 shell through this thing’s lower glacis.People who play Tiger IIs and complain about T34/T29 have no idea what they’re doing.

• @manuelarocho8131
      @manuelarocho8131 Рік тому

As it is with a lot of people who play Germany lmao. Players suck playing that tech tree and it is coddled the most.

• @dehydratedwater90
    @dehydratedwater90 4 місяці тому

That T-54 was so overconfident and when he got himself clapped he came back and revenge bombed 😭 nobody i hate more than those people

• @osrr6422
    @osrr6422 Рік тому

I still see the T29 and its T34 cousin at 6.7 A LOT. The long 88 of the Tiger II and the Panther II can generally deal with them.